Deroth
Assassin

Post by Deroth »

Name: Threkki Stonestrong (m), Dwarf
Stats: M3, WS5, BS4, S5, T8, A5
Weapons & Armour: Mace, Large Shield, Heavy Armour, Helmet
Abilities: Dwarven Stubborness, Armoured Form, Masterful Toughness

OOC: oopsies, I thought I had posted this already

IC: Taking the blow on his side he was winded and forced back but his armour held and he was unwounded. Damn elf...

Watching as the dark elf suddenly turned and sprinted off after the high elf he cursed. Come back here you damn elf, I'm not finished with you yet!

Chasing after the elf as quickly as he could he looked at the high elf about to be attacked. Not looking good on that front, well I better do something then.

Threkki will charge after the Daltheira and try to hit her with a heavy tackle from behind as the elf hits the high elf with her own charge. If he knocks Daltheira to the ground he will strike hard with his mace aiming for the head, if he fails to knock her down he will again launch strikes against the weakened armour on her arms hoping to injure her further there.
If I had a knife I would shoot you
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Daltheira turned to face Ainur and charged, fully intent on impaling the high elf on her halberd spike. Ainur had other ideas, and threw the sword he had just claimed at the charging dark elf, just as Threkki started running back after Daltheira too. Ainurs sword bounced harmlessly off Daltheiras' armour and barely drew her attention, and then she hit the high elf. She thrust forwards with all her might, slamming her weapon into her opponents midriff. The heavy halberd punched through the Asur mail and sent Ainur off his feet, before coming crashing down on the floor again on his back, his chest bleeding heavily. Daltheira smiled down at her hatred foe as the light began to leave his eyes, just as Threkki slammed into her. The nimble elf stayed on her feet and span to meet her attacker, just as Threkki launched a series of attacks with his mace. Daltheira could not block them, but her heavy armour prevailed and left her once more unharmed. With two competitors left, a grim determination set across the face of them both, the Deathmatch was coming towards its bloody end.

Players:
4 DP - Daltheira (Dalamar)
2 DP - Threkki (Deroth)

Dead - Agrin (Kinslayer)
Dead - Gromex (51la5)
Dead - Gil'valyer (Drainial)
Dead - Pyrina (Mel'Reyna)
Dead - Zekial (Sidorio)
Dead - Durguth (Raneth)
Dead - Ryld (T'Keela)
Dead - Ainur (kajchi)

Next Posting Deadline: 48 hours after this Mod Post

Deroth
Assassin

Post by Deroth »

As the high elf bleed out on the ground Threkki knew that his chances of survival had just dropped. Damn elves, unreliable and untrustworthy, always have been and always will be I guess. Well lets see what I can do about this one here.

Looking over at Dalthiera, with no emotion on his face he studied her stance and movements, well she is faster than me and more skilled with weapons than I am, but I'm stronger, tougher and more agile, that armour obviously weighs heavily on her, and now I'm going to punch this mace through her head like I did that chaos scum.

Threkki will charge forward into Dalthiera, swinging low with his mace aiming for her legs to try knock her down then aim strikes for her head hoping to pummel her into the dirt.
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

Name: Daltheira Velkyn (f), Dark Elf
Stats: M5, WS7, BS5, S5, T4, A4
Weapons & Armour: Heavy Armour, Helmet, Halberd, Short Sword
Abilities: Cruel Tricks, Heart Seeker, Master of Battle

Daltheira quickly spun on her heel, not giving a second thought to the fallen Asur and faced the last creature left alive in the arena. Cheers of the crowd ringed loudly in her ears and a little grin crept on her lips as she levelled her halberd, awaiting the dwarf's assault.

Come, your death awaits dwarf. She thought as she prepared for the charge of the small ball of steel coming her way.

As soon as the dwarf came close enough, the black guard spun and sent a spray of fine sand from the arena's floor straigth into the visor in Threkki's helmet in attempt to temporarily blind him, hopefully long enough to pry the mace from his hands and deliver the killing blow.

[/u]Daltheira will wait for Threkki to come close enough and deal him some of her Cruel Tricks before attempting to disarm him and impale him with the Heart Seeker manoeuvre[/u]
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Threkki was prepared to fight to the death or take Daltheira down, and he charged the female dark elf with his mace ready to strike. Daltheira kicked up sand at the charging dwarf, blinding him long enough for her to land the first blow. She used her halberd to rip across his mace, trying to pry it from his grip so that she could finish him off. Threkki blinked at the sand in his eyes and felt his mace tugged to one side, and gripped it tight as he was pulled with it. He was determind not to give the weapon up, and when Daltheira had finished her swing, the dwarf still held the mace. Threkki roared in anger and struck Daltheira across the legs with the mace, but once more her cruel armour withstood the powerful blow. The two continued their confrontation, eyes fixed on each others movements.

Players:
4 DP - Daltheira (Dalamar)
2 DP - Threkki (Deroth)

Dead - Agrin (Kinslayer)
Dead - Gromex (51la5)
Dead - Zekial (Sidorio)
Dead - Durguth (Raneth)
Dead - Ryld (T'Keela)
Dead - Ainur (kajchi)

Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

Name: Daltheira Velkyn (f), Dark Elf
Stats: M5, WS7, BS5, S5, T4, A4
Weapons & Armour: Heavy Armour, Helmet, Halberd, Short Sword
Abilities: Cruel Tricks, Heart Seeker, Master of Battle

As the dwarf held tightly onto his weapon, Daltheira jumped lightly back to avoid further blows coming from the deadly mace.

I'll keep him at a distance and his short legs and arms won't help him, she snickered and pointed the end of her halberd at Threkki, beginning to circle around him slowly, like a wild cat watching its prey. But unlike a cat, she was waiting for the dwarf to make first move before she spun quickly and used the momentum of the movement to aim a powerful blow at the unshielded side of the dwarf's frame.

Daltheira will jump back and regain her defensive stance, waiting for Threkki to make his first move and as he moves within halberd's range she strikes a powerful blow from the side where he doesn't have a shield, putting all of her strength behind it
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Deroth
Assassin

Post by Deroth »

Threkki snarled rubbing the grit from his eyes, Some things never change, damn elves always trying to cheat, well cheap tricks like that wont work on me.

Charging forward ready to attack he saw the elf spin, aiming a strike at his unprotected side. Someone else tried that in this arena, they are dead now.

Roaring an oath he dropped low, spinning so his shield would block the strike while continuing the spin to allow a fast strike through Dalthiera's legs hoping to trip the elf and allow easy strikes that would not be easy to defend using such a heavy weapon.
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

OOC - I had to run 2 turns at once to finish things off before I leave. You are both welcome to add characters to Deathmatch II, the winner can use the same one...

IC -

Daltheira made her move as Threkki came towards her, bringing her halberd around in a deadly arc for his side. Threkki saw the blow coming and knew he could avoid it with his shield, for he had already done so once today. What he didn't count on, however, was the strength of the slender elf and the power the halberd could hit with. He span and raised his shield, ready to deflect the blow, but instead the halberd impacted on the shield and shattered it to splinters. The heavy blade cut right through and bit deep into Threkki's arm, causing his shield arm to go limp for a brief moment and to falter his spin. As he came around with less force than intended, he smashed his shield into the knee of Daltheira in a hope of tripping her. The blade hit hard and the armour dented, but it would not buckle. Despite the fragile elf inside the suit, it seemed reluctant to let the Dwarf score a wound in return.

Threkki quickly changed his new position into one of attack, springing towards Daltheira within the arc of her halberd as to render the weapon useless. He brought his mace upwards in his leap, smashing the head of the weapon into the chin of his foe. Daltheira's head snapped upwards and send a jarring pain down her neck and spine, not to mention a well of blood filling up inside her mouth from the blow. She was knocked backwards, stumbling away from Threkki. The Dwarf tried to keep inside her swing but Daltheira regained her senses and continued to back away on her longer legs until the gap between them had returned. She lifted her halberd and brought it in a diagonal sweep to Threkki's wounded side, where his shield had once been. Try as he might to block with his weapon, the Black Guard had aimed the blow just right, and the halberd swept over the mace and into the side of the Dwarfs neck. Threkki dropped his halberd and fell to his knees, a huge roar of approval sounding from the Druchii nobles above as it became apparant who had won.

They started to chant in unison, "Finish him! Finsh him! Finish him!"

Daltheira was only too happy to oblige, and lifted her halberd up for the final swing, removing the Dwarfs head from his body entirely this time, and then raising her halberd above her head and letting herself be absorbed in the praise of the crowd. It only took a few moments for an event manager to come onto the Arena floor and direct her out of one of the now unlocked gates. She left the Arena with one last look to the nobles, who continued to cheer for her long after she had departed. She would return to the Shadow Arena someday, no doubt, for she had just proven herself and was now more experienced than ever. She smiled darkly to herself. Today had been a good day.

Players:
3 DP - Daltheira (Dalamar)

Dead - Agrin (Kinslayer)
Dead - Gromex (51la5)
Dead - Zekial (Sidorio)
Dead - Durguth (Raneth)
Dead - Ryld (T'Keela)
Dead - Ainur (kajchi)
Dead - Threkki (Deroth)