Group 26

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Ulric darksoul
Assassin

Post by Ulric darksoul »

OOC: here it goes a little explanation. Tamhas went to the armoury because Lord Tariq was with Seraphiel, as i imagined, at the other side of the yard. He could have say thanks, but with all the people there, he wondered off to the armoury. He didn't showed his back to Tariq.

IC: Shade! I am Seraphiel, while we wait for our orders perhaps we could spar? After finishing at the armoury, Tamhas heard someone calling him. The Trainee was with his swords in his hands, smiling. I'll spar with you, Seraphiel. My name's Tamhas.

He drew his short sword, and waited for Seraphiel to make the first move.

He knew that if the Trainee wanted to, he'll be dead, but the excercise could only do good.

Seraphiel grinned as Tamhas was just on guard and didn't make any moves. After a little while, he sprinted forward, with both his blades ahead. Tamhas made a quick side move, blocking the blade sustained by the arm that was at the side where he just moved to, getting out of range of the second blade. He then went for the back of his adversary, never trying to inflict real damage.

Tamhas will evade the frontal attack and block the menacing blade with a circling move of his blade, and using the momentum with strike at Seraphiel's back, just to "mark" the hit

OOC: hope you'll understand the move... it's hard to describe it, i think ;)
"If you're going to leave anyone alive, enslave it!"

RP: Group 27
Ulric Darksoul
WS:5 S:4 T:3 D:5 I:3
Equipment:
- Short sword, dagger, bastard sword 5 throwing stars and Ritual Dagger.
- Sea Dragon Cloak (dark green with dark blue scales)
- 1 healing balm (H) 4 healing balms
120g+12g

Skills: Controlled frenzy, two-weapons fighting
Syjahel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Syjahel »

The approach to the manor was designed to leave a newcomer in no doubt of the position - and defensive capabilities - of House Tariq. Syjahel noted the strengths and vulnerabilities of the walls out of mere habit, paying no more mind to them than the dust of the road. She'd as soon have washed it off before being presented to Lord Tariq himself, but there is a way of things in the city, and Vikarh was no different. She'd heard her father speak of Tariq from some of his many raiding parties and his skill with swords and tactics wasn't in doubt. How he'd be to study under she had no real idea, but it was all experience. All one step closer.

She inclined her head politely before the Lord and stood as straight as a die for his appraisal. Although his thoughts were unreadable from his expression, his words were fairly spoken.

"Your father has asked that as a favour, I to take you into my service. He assures me that you're a capable warrior. I trust the word of Lord Kherandis as much as any elf outside my family. For the moment, I have nothing useful for you to do. Go to the practice yard and hone your skills there. You'll find a shade, Tamhas Shad'hil there, he should hopefully provide you with some entertainment."

Syjahel nodded, wondering if the Lord's somewhat gaunt cast was typical of his line. I trust that my father is not trying some kind of matchmaking game. She knew that the size of the Tariq household almost matched her own, but she'd have to reserve judgement on the character of the rest until - or if - she ever met them.

"I thank you for your hospitality, Dread Lord. I shall see to it that your trust and my father's faith in me are not disappointed."
Seeing that the Lord had other matters to attend to, Syjahel made her way to the practice-ground.

So I'm to look for a Shade to amuse myself. She had heard a lot about the Hill Clans, most of it speculation and rumour. It would be good to see some of their fighting style, to see how it compared with her own and that of her brothers.

Within the high walls of the practice-ground, the stones already rang with combat and the stirring echoes of blade on blade. Syjahel took up a position by one wall to the side of the arena, watching out for the Shade she'd been told to seek. It was easy enough to spot the small, lithe figure as he wove around the defences of his taller opponent. It was the tall Druchii who was the more visually striking, with startling snow-white hair and skin as pale as frost, dressed head to foot in white to match. Well, my Lord of Winter, you certainly wish to make impression. I wonder if you are set to impress, or merely to blind those who stare to your true intent. To underestimate the slighter Shade, however, would not be a forgiving mistake. He was the one Lord Tariq had told her to seek out for amusement and true enough, he was providing it. She leaned back to watch the combat unfold, idly wishing for a wager on who would win. The smaller Druchii had the slight edge to her practiced eye, but the tall one had the reach.

Syjahel will stay by the wall and watch the combat without interfering, taking careful note of who acts and what they do. She wants to try to get a measure of their skills (as much as one can from a single fight). Once the fight is finished she will introduce herself if either or both of the two sparring partners remain.
RIP Group 28
~ We Never Slept ~
Katon
Highborn

Post by Katon »

The master smith greeted Katon warmly, ignoring Tamhas to some extent. ‘Must be on orders to look after me rather than take trade’ through Katon.

The smith hurried off to gather the tools and measuring equipment he would need to gain the information required to craft a piece of armour. Looking around the armoury there were many sets of armour and weaponry lining the walls and stands. Katon enjoyed being in an armoury, even when serving in the army the armoury was his favourite place to pass the time. The constant fires of the forges always filled the room with heat, the hot metallic smell and taste of the air couldn’t have been good for anyone but it was a comforting smell for some reason.

Looking up on the wall the majority of the armour was the same all of the same craftsmanship and must have belonged to the higher standing men of the household. One piece was on it’s own, dressed over a mannequin this was definitely Lord Tariq's suit, it was incredibly well crafted every detail on it seemed to be more impressive that the first. The armour was mostly black but had lace like ornamental works of fine gold decorated onto it. It radiated an aura of malice and hate which felt as if it was generated by some other force.

The smith took Katons measurements relatively quickly. Soon as the smith had finished he spoke. "As my lord has commanded, I shall forge for you one suit of armour according to these measurements."
Wondering how long it actually took to craft a piece of armour Katon then remembers his weaponry, it’s not in the best of conditions after spending time in the wilderness.
“My weaponry could use a bit of work, im not opposed to doing it my self, if you could prepare me some tools and oils to maintain my weaponry I will perform the work my self and pay for the cost of the products.”

Turning and leaving Katon began walking back to the Mansion, his Spear and Shield were still in the room he had spent the night in. Continuing to walk a he spots a young elf making her way to the house also. Her long black hair sits still held down by a battered helm which looks like it would provide little protection against a blow. Her physical build is not one of a woman of pleasure she looks physically fit and more like a woman who has some level of skill with a sword. Her light armour is one of chain which she wore over darker colours, she is a contrast of the trainee he had seen earlier in every way. She even wears a dark cloak lined in crimson over her shoulders, it flaps gently in the wind as she glides to the steps of the house. The most noticeable feature was a Long Sword she carried at her side, at this point she could have been mistaken for a messenger but the Sword looked more expensive that one that would be trusted to a messenger the hilt was formed into a coiling dragon with small purple sapphire eyes. That reflected the light and drew attention to the woman. Watching her rush inside as she met servants of the house Katon set off inside to find his weaponry.

Collecting his things from his room Katon meets Stahl on the stairs. “Master Stahl you wished to travel to the Herald later today, I am free upon request.”

A brief exchange with the Noble left Katon enough time to hurry to the Armoury and clean his weaponry up before joining Master Stahl.

Katon will hurry and clean his weaponry and make him self readily available for travel into the city. The smith is presumably still working on his armour. He will pay 10g for cleaning and use of tools to maintain his weaponry. Upon returning Katon will wait for any further orders.
Katon
Highborn

Post by Katon »

Now What? [url=http://druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=62479[/url]Dhar'Neth[/url]