Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Feline
Warrior

Shadow Arena - Goblinfest I - Closed

Post by Feline »

First, Read This.

Then, Create Your Character.

Now, what is Goblinfest? Simply put, it's Orcfest but with a special focus on their sneaky little allies, the Gobbos!

We even have a special surprise appearance by the cutest of creatures, the Squigs!

We need 6-7 people to sign up! PM me your character or post here to join. First come first serve, but if you are currently involved in a RP group please wait till the people who haven't had a chance to play at all get a crack at it. Any players with surviving characters from previous games may join this game with the same character, with +1 Damage Point.
That's it, lets get reeeeeeady to rummmmmmmmmble!

Unit stats are as follows:

Orc Brute (3DP)
M4, WS5, BS2, S6, T5, A3
Shortsword, mace, heavy armor
No abilities

Goblin (2DP)
M5, WS3, BS2, S3, T3, A4
Dagger, light armor, small shield
No abilities

Squig handler (2DP)
M5, WS3, BS2, S3, T3, A5
Squig pokin' stick, light armor
Abilities: Herder

Squig pokin' sticks are spears in all aspects except:
1) They give a minus one (-1) to agility on any turn where they cause a damage point on a character. This is because the extreme pain they cause slows the warrior as he struggles to overcome the sensation.
2)They do not have long reach.

Herder: As long as a Squig handler is present, squigs move as though their movement was one higher (5). This represents the squigs bounding away from the herders to escape the painful poking and whipping.

Squig (1DP)
Stats: M4, WS2, BS0, S2, T3, A4
Weapons and armor: Fangs and a serious anger problem
Abilities: Strength In Numbers, One Pissed Off Squig

Strength in numbers: If three or more squigs attack the same opponent, that opponents WS is reduced by one (-1) for the purpose of defending against attacks in close combat. This represents the character trying to watch out for all the snarling, snapping creatures at his feet while he fights.

One Pissed Off Squig: The goblin handlers force the squigs into combats with sharp prods and whips. Sometimes, you can only push a squig so far! At the start of any given round, on a roll of a 1 on a D6, the squig attacks the closest creature, friend or foe (!), and if there is a tie between any creature and a goblin handler, the handler is automatically chosen as the squigs target. At the end of the round the squig reverts to its training, and is exempt from the next test (but after that it can go wild again!).

Remember that we mods are here to make the game fun for you, so any suggestions you have can be PMed to me anytime!

Good luck with the latest game Feline, Thanks for taking this on as I don't have the time right now ~ Kinslayer Thank you, Kinslayer! Keepin' the dream alive...

Players:
Kalethdarkblood
Drainial
Deroth
Raneth
T'Keela

If we don't get a character posted from another person (*ahem*) in 24 hours, we'll be doing this on a smaller scale with the current five.
Last edited by Feline on Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:47 am, edited 6 times in total.
Name: Arlith Vail
Class: Shade
Height: 5'10" - Weight: 100.lbs - Hair: Glossy black - Eyes: Pale gold
Stats: WS:3 - S:3 - T:3 - DX:5 - IQ:4
Skills: Basic Stealth
Equipment: Repeating Crossbow, Shortsword, Shade cloak.
Kalethdarkblood
Warrior

Post by Kalethdarkblood »

Malorius (m), Marauder
M4, WS7, BS4, S6, T5, A4
Weapons & armour: Hand axeX2, Helmet, Light Armour, Small shield
Abilities: Cruel Tricks, Master of Battle, Chaos Curse

Ready for the fight at the will of the evil druchii!

Just another reminder: You can take another 1 point worth of gear. You don't have to, of course, but you should know you can.
-Feline
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Name: Jorgin the Odd (m) Chaos Dwarf
M3, WS6(7), BS4, S5(6), T7, A4
Weapons and armour: Heavy armour, helmet,small sheild, warhammer
Abilities: Armourd form, masterful strength, master of battle.

Once seen as something of a rising star in the ranks of of the Dwai Zhar Jorgin was captured by a heavily defended merchant caravan during a disastorus slave raid. The Dwarf was imprisoned for several years by members of the empire wizard's college devoted to the winds of metal. However after having finaly convinced them selves that Jorgin knew very little of intrest on the subjet (not being a sorcerer him self) he was released. Unfortunatly his time with the humans had alterd his perceptions of the world, when he returned home his family and friends hardly recognised him as he refused to take part in slaving, claiming that other races had rights! Unwilling to let such thoughts taint the rest of the population Jorgin was given as a gift to a certain Druchii noble with some bussines dealings with the Dwai Zhar, this noble in turn sold Jorgin the the Shadow arena, so here we are.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Deroth
Assassin

Post by Deroth »

Name: Iofur Ranekson (m) Dwarf
Stats: M3 WS6 BS4 S6 T8 A4
Equipment: Dual Hand Axes, Great Axe, Light armour, Helmet
Abilities: Masterful Toughness, Axe Master, Dwarven Stubborness

I will jump back into the saddle against the little greenskins :D
If I had a knife I would shoot you
Raneth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Raneth »

Name: Mako the Surgeon (M) Human
Stats: M5 WS6 BS4 S7 T4 A5
Equipment: Dual Long Swords, Light Armour, Helmet
Abilities: Master of Speed, Masterful Strength, Deliverance

Rawrawr! Brainwashed gladiator reporting for duty. Good luck on this Feline!
Vryala Naïlo - WS5 / S5 / T5 / D5 / I4

Equipment: bastard sword of Speed, shield of Defence, repeater (20/20), spear, mace, dagger, Armour of Night, SDC, whip, blowpipe (9/12)
Inventory: amulet of Strength, grapple, grenade x0, smoke x11, map, mage hand, sleep oil x8, cure balms x20, Yori's balms x1, winter gear, old kit, lion mask
Mount: Dark Steed (Blanky), barding, talisman of Protection
Gold: 1735
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Anarin Sarath (2), Basic Ride
Class: Warrior
Katon
Highborn

Post by Katon »

It's just over a week, im already part of a RPG, but if you need more players, i'll post up mine.

Anybody can play in Shadow Arena games, including those already in roleplay groups. However, if spaces are short then those players still waiting for roleplay get the first oppertunity to play, since the Arena was originally designed as a way of giving those in the pool something to do.

So yeah, you can join his game! :twisted:

Couldn't have said it better. Post him up!
T'keela
Noble

Post by T'keela »

Name: K'yorl Jaezred (M), Dark Elf.
Stats: M5, WS7, BS4, S4, T3, A7.
Equip: Long Swordx2, Short Sword, Light Armour.
Abilities: Master of Battle, Elven Agility, Heart Seeker.

Pew Pew! Let's rock and roll! Good luck for your first Shadow Arena.
T'Keela Darkspine
Group 30
Stats: WS4 S3 T4 D4 I4
Equip: Sword, Light Armour, blackpowder pistol, 4 bullets, 2GP.
Skills:
Feline
Warrior

Post by Feline »

The Arena! The sights, the glories, the bloody sand that is the beating heart of Naggarond! It is here that worthy champions and lowly slaves fight, made equal by the viscous crucifix of combat. No man is above the law of the pit, where strength and skill alone determine the victor. The crowd thunders approval as the fight being staged draws to a conclusion, some large beast being dragged down and slain by several bestial humans. The gladiators pace the waiting cages, swinging weapons and limbering up for the fight to come. Each knows that his number is up, each knows it is time to fight again. Apprehension settles in each fighters gut at the thought of the "surprise" the handlers spoke of with snickers. As the bodies were dragged out of the arena, the crowd became hushed. Peering through the rickety wooden gates, the gladiators could see a tall druchii standing on an elaborately carved balcony, dragons and manticores battling across its surface.

"Welcome, one and all, to the greatest show in the world!"
The announcer booms out in a surprisingly deep, rich voice. "We bring to you now, the main event, in which 5 competitors will be attempting defeat the foul green-skins! Bring forth the warriors!" he booms, his voice clearly carrying across the whole stadium with ease.

As the gates clack upwards to admit the blinking contestants to the bright arena and the crowd cheers at the thought of blood, the announcer makes some motion for the traditional salute. He turns an alarming and amusing shade of purple when the gladiators give him a salute with a single finger.

The arena is a circle roughly 60 feet across.
The gladiators are positioned in a rough semi-circle with maybe 5 feet in between contestants in the bottom half, with the order from left to right going:

1)K'yorl Jaezred(3)
2)Iofur Ranekson(4)
3)Malorius(3)
4)Jorgin the Odd(3)
5)Mako the Surgeon(3)

The green-skins are put much the same way on the other side, with about 50 feet between the groups. The mob mills around, and includes:

1xOrc Boss
2xSquig Handlers
2xGoblins
6xSquigs

The question is: What ya gonna do about it, punk?
Last edited by Feline on Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Raneth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Raneth »

As a child, Mako had seen Greenskins on occasion. They never posed a serious threat to the city walls - Mako had felt very safe up until the arrival of Druchii slavers and the subsequent sacking of said city. He also remembered tales of Squigs and their tendency to play with everyone they met. Intrigued now he finally saw them in the flesh, and being a tad unhinged, Mako decided to go up and make their acquaintance.

Here Squiggie Squiggie!

Longswords drawn, Mako strolls towards the nearest Squig.

"Here, squiggie squiggie"? This made me laugh out loud. Nice job staying in character.
-Feline

Equipment: bastard sword of Speed, shield of Defence, repeater (20/20), spear, mace, dagger, Armour of Night, SDC, whip, blowpipe (9/12)
Inventory: amulet of Strength, grapple, grenade x0, smoke x11, map, mage hand, sleep oil x8, cure balms x20, Yori's balms x1, winter gear, old kit, lion mask
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

What under the earth is that bombastic peacock prattling on about? Jorgin grumbled under his breath. No matter where they went or who they prayed too, all dwarves like a good grumble. And for once Jorgin had good cause for it was all too clear what the Druchii was prattling about ,even if he spoke in the same unintelligible high pitched squeaks that characterised all of his kind.

Rubbing his head with one chain clad fist, gingerly feeling the large lump left by one of the 'beast' master apprentices in a vain attempt to quiet his complaints on the way to the stadium (stupid bugger did more damage to his own poor little fingers); Jorgin clambered to his feet. I swift glance found a war hammer on the sandy ground.
Well, it’s a little light and the balance is all wrong, Jorgin mused as he hefted the weapon but it will have to do.

From his cage Jorgin eyed up the other contestants.
Let's see what we have here then; some poncy dancer with a couple of swords, manling straining at the bit (always been strange them, even in the wild), a crazy eyed Northman. Not a decent bit of kit amongst them.

Jorgin looked down at his own armoured form and found some small measure of reassurance, even in this dank and noisy pit of depravity. Finally Jorgin eyed up the last contestant, his scowl deepened, a slayer. How they had even managed to catch one of that deranged brotherhood was a mystery to Jorgin, most Dwarves would fight to the death if they had to, the trick with slayers was getting them not too.
There, he thought I might have a little competition.

As he readied himself for a fight for his life against this eclectic gathering of warriors a large iron gate began to open with the grind of well oiled metal on cold stone.
Oi, oi. What’s all this then? Jorgin wondered.
Silhouetted by the torchlight beyond a gaggle of figures advanced into the light.
Green skins is it, well then that’s a different game all together. Those squiggs look hungry.

I don't know if any of you can understand me, probably not. Jorgin began, addressing his fellow contestants But if you can I'm going to make a suggestion, instead of all rushing off every which way one or two of us might actually get out of here alive if we advance together and work in a team. I'm going after those sqigg handlers unless anyone has a better idea, think on.

Jorgin fell silent I doubt they will listen even if they speak a civilised tongue, but it was worth a try. He was more or less resigned to death, if not now then tomorrow, next week, next year. Still something, maybe it was just stubborn pride, wouldn't let him give up without a fight. Gasping his hammer with one hand Jorgin placed his helmet on his head, and waited for the cage to rise.

Very nice post, I like to see this!
-Feline
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Gentleman of Moderation
Kalethdarkblood
Warrior

Malorius (m), Marauder
M4, WS7, BS4, S6, T5, A4

What the hell are you doing with me? Malorius asked the dark elves when they came to take him. He was thinking that his last hour was arrived... maybe he will be killed in the name of their false God. But he was quite surprised when they gave him an armour and let him choose some weapons.

After that, they send him in the arena and he was in one side with four other men facing a small group of greenskin. This was his chance! If he can survive a little longer, maybe he will have the chance to kill one or more of these torturers.

He looked at the greenskin and was quite disappointed, he know that the strength of an orc, the weakness of the goblin, but he didn't know anything about the red thing who are with them. maybe a sort of dog or something like that...

Nevertheless, he was a proud warrior of the great Gods of Chaos, only the orc are deserving his attention.

Malorius ignores the goblin and squigs for the moment. And will defy the Orc Boss.

Another in character post, nice work, guys.
-Feline.
All Hail the Eternity King!
What? we are now order force...
Hurry and bring me a humie ou two to torture and kill! Go capture slaves by dozens! It's for the greater good!
T'keela
Noble

Post by T'keela »

With a shudder the heavy iron gate swung upwards, clattering against the stone arch of the holding cell. Rubbing his temples as he walked a shrouded figure stepped out from the shadows of the cell and cold, intelligent blue eyes scanned the stadium, the crowds, the shamble of greenskin and finally his four companions. With a contemptuous glare at his allies, K'yorl sighed knowing the stubbornness of dwarves and the cowardice of humans. Deftly removing the two long swords from their sheathes, K'yorl was unpleasantly surprised when he heard, amongst the creak of shoddy ironwork, a deep rumbly voice reached his perfectly evolved elven ears.

I don't know if any of you can understand me, probably not...

The dwarfs drawl seemed to roll on and on, whetstone grinding against the keen of edge of his mind quickly summoning up a roiling tempest of a headache in K'yorl's superiorly elven head. He replied in the dwarves native tongue, though a much more pleasant and delicate accent, For once a fatkin with as much brains as beard. Pausing to admire his delicate, elven nails he continued, as it seems our peasant brained allies have rushed off towards the greenscum. I'll happily fight alongside you. Only until there is an opportunity to slip my sword in your neck that is.Though the elf.

Striding purposefully towards the Chaos Dwarf, K'yorl gestured towards the Marauder, Perhaps he will be a decoy for us... Friend.

Standing as far away as politely possible while still managing to avoid the smell of chaos dwarf, K'yorl will take a defensive position waiting to for the greenskins to charge his stunted "ally" before launching into an amazingly dazzling, supremely awesome, overtly Druchii counter-attack.

Again, great job with being in character, guys! Oh, I deleted your double post. Hope you don't mind.
-Feline
T'Keela Darkspine
Group 30
Skills:
Deroth
Assassin

Post by Deroth »

As the gates rose up the fighters entered the arena, blinking into the daylight. Swinging his arms then picking up his axes, Iofur entered with the rest of the gladiators. No bloody dwarves except for that useless lump of fat not even worthy of the name, well lets see if they can can do anything even vaguely worthy of being called fighting.

I wonder what that dark elf fool is yelling about, sounds like a bit of an idiot to me, Shut your yabbering fool and lets get on with this mess. As the dark elf in the stand finished talking another gate started to open on the other side of the arena. Argh not this tomfoolery again, more bloody beasts to deal with.

Slinging his axes to his shoulders Iofur looked into the darkness trying to see what he had to deal with in this battle. As the horde emerged from the darkness he grunted. More bloody greenskins, little ones this time, squigs too. Bloody useless lot here, nothing worthy of a challenge. Then listening to the "Dwarf" start talking to the fighters around them trying to encourage tactics and smart thinking Iofur laughed, Thats good coming from one of your kind, you wouldnt know about teamwork if it came and bit you on that lump on your face you call a nose

This is how you deal with greenskins, CHARGE!

Lifting his axes above his head and charging across the arena Iofur will try to charge the largest bunch of squigs hoping to get there before any of the other fighters.

Nice in character post! (I know I've said it a lot, bear with me.)
-Feline
Feline
Warrior

Post by Feline »

Start of turn Summary:
1)K'yorl and Jorgin stand (sort of) near each other, having made an alliance of sorts.
2)Iofur is charging the squigs.
3)Malorius is trying to tick off the Orc, and his curses show an unexpected knowledge of anatomy and animal husbandry.
4)Mako is wandering toward the squigs, making cooing noises.

As the doors slam shut with a reverberating boom, trumpets blare calling the contestants to action. The dark elf and the chaos dwarf have a flinty exchange, leading the two to edge closer together. The marauder stands to one side, shouting challenges at the Orc Boss, and the other human wanders forward, trying to get a squig to come to him. The dwarf forgoes the protection offered in teamwork, and instead charges (alone) at the entire enemy warband! As the outnumbered contestants reflect that none of them brought any kind of missile weapon, there is a scream from the orcish front. It appears as though the goblin herding the squigs was quite surprised when the air in front of his face was replaced by angry squig lovin'. He manages to pull the creature off before it does serious harm, but he is clearly rattled by the experience of viewing a squigs stomach while it's still alive.

The orc seems to be maintaining some kind of control with blows and guttural curses. The goblins stand in front of him, with the squigs ranging out in front of the whole group.

(Un?)Fortunately for Iofur, he only makes it halfway across the arena before some kind of magical time freezing comes into place. The contestants shudder as a voice whispers "Slow connection....slow connection...." and visions of vacations and internet crashes torment them.
Raneth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Raneth »

As Mako strutted forwards, beckoning the Squigs to approach him, he heard heavy footfalls coming up behind him. Glancing back to identify the source, Mako was greeted by the rather comical image of a Dwarf, rushing towards the Greenskin battle line at top 'speed'. Uncontrollable laughter followed as the Dwarf overtook him (ever so slowly), but seriously, I can't let this stunty hog all the glory!

Mako will follow Iofur's 'charge', that is, walking just fast enough to keep pace and act as a reserve for the suicidal Dwarf.

Kalethdarkblood
Warrior

Malorius (m), Marauder
M4, WS7, BS4, S6, T5, A4

After shouting challenge to the orc boss, Malorius will start to advance with the firm attention of reaching the greenskin to cut his head off.
But he will be careful, it seems that the red bubbles had long tooths and certain envy to eat fresh meat... well, Malorius will let the dwarf come first, he will do a perfect snack for the companion of the goblin.

For the Gods of Chaos! Blood and Soul! I am coming for you Orc, your minions will not protect you from the fury of the true sons of Chaos!

Malorius will advanced in direction of the Orc Boss. If an opposant try to attack him, he will stop his advance the time of the fight.
Hurry and bring me a humie ou two to torture and kill! Go capture slaves by dozens! It's for the greater good!
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

So the beardless whelp speaks a civilised tongue, if poorly. Jorgin considered the situation, with the rest of the group advancing getting stranded and cut off did not seem like the best of ideas. Time to see if the Druchii had more sense than the ork on the other side of the pit.

Time to get stuck in elf, if we don't won’t to face all those green buggers alone once they eat the rest of our 'band of brothers'. Follow me and try not to get hit! Jorgin growled.

If I know elves he will follow, let me take the beating then stab something and claim all the credit. Still, as long as he kills some green skin before he turns traitor like every other filthy elf ever spawned by a rutting whore in some miserable forest, I can live with taking the punishment. Hashut knows he would keel over at the thought of a leg wax.

With no more ado Jorgin took his hammer in both hands and set off toward the leering, half terrified squig handlers.
If they die, god only knows what those squigs will do.

Jorgin will advance after the rest of the group, heading towards the squig handlers but keeping an eye out for any opportunities or threats. He hopes that his 'ally' will join him.

Gentleman of Moderation
T'keela
Noble

Post by T'keela »

OOC: Sorry about the double posts. I'm pretty sure I was having a slow connection, holiday dreaming issue.

IC:
Two beady eyes wearily watched him before Jorgin acknowledge their agreement and charged in.

Gracefully dancing and prancing his way towards the milling group of squigs and their herders, K'yorl enjoyed the feel of soft robes against freshly shaven legs. Mmm luxurious. These pathetic greenskins have no control over their charges. A Druchii would have broken such a whelp of a creature long ago! A cruel grin began spreading across his face as a singularly evil and ingenius idea burst into his perfectly developed mind. I wonder what trouble I can cause by slaying the handlers. Perhaps these squigs will take a bite out of both the goblins and some of these allies of mine. His swords held before him he kept an eye out for any incoming fists or mouths. Running towards the nearest handler, K'yorl slashed high with his blades...

Slashing high with one blade in an attempt to draw the gobbo's weapon out wide before coming in with his second blade in an attempt to sever the greenskins neck.
T'Keela Darkspine
Group 30
Skills:
Deroth
Assassin

Post by Deroth »

Overtaking all the other fighters with his mad rush Iofur was pleased, Hahaha, the look on that human's face is priceless, I bet he is just jealous that I am getting there faster than him. But now I can show these weaklings how a real warrior fights. Continuing his charge into the squigs Iofur roars a battle cry and starts laughing again as he heads into the bunch planning on slaughter. Lets see how many I off these little squiggies I can kill

Iofur will run into the group of squigs and swing his axes in a large arc hoping to hit as many squigs as he can and cause them to pull away from him to give him space for his next attack.
Kalethdarkblood
Warrior

OOC: Someone alive here?
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

I have PMed Feline but have not heard back from him. It's a shame this came to a standstill as Feline seemed really enthusiastic about taking it onboard. I will give him another week to get back to me or I will close this thread (hopefully, until he returns)

~ Kinslayer
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Okay, I am going to have to close this one now. Sorry everyone, I have no idea what happened to Feline but hopefully it was nothing serious. I will lock the thread for now in case anyone else steps up to run it (hint hint, wink wink!)

I'd also urge that only slightly longer standing members message me about taking over the game ;)