Group 25

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Marious
Corsair

Group 25

Post by Marious »

Alright here it is, the long awaited Group 25. I'll lay down some basic rules then ask for ask roll call. After I get everyone in, I'll start us off with the first Mod post.

Rules:

1) Your character status will very much depend on your posting. I will injure or even kill off characters that aren’t pulling their weight in terms of posts so try and stay to the deadlines I set and try and write at least three(yes three) paragraphs each time you post.

2) Your characters are not immortal. Nor are they even heroic for that matter. In gaming terms you are about on par with a 7-point DE warrior at the start. You characters will level up and get stronger as the game goes on, but until then you should be reasonable in the way you play. Chances are that if you decide to go up with a Chosen Knight Of Khorne by yourself your going to get turned into confetti.

3) As far as actions go, I will use two systems. For regular actions that do not involve your characters health (eg. Bluffing a guard, etc.) I will determine the success of your actions primarily on the quality of your posts. For actions that involve your characters health I will look at your characters stats, equipment, and skills and then roll a die. For example: A character decides to jump out a window of a two story building to escape a guard, and grab on to a nearby tree limb to stop his fall. He is a warrior with 3 dexterity, light armor, a shield, and a longsword. Because of his average dexterity he would normally succeed on a roll of 4+, but his armor and weapons weigh him down so he will only succeed on a roll of a 5+.

4) Now for fighting. :twisted: Fighting will follow a similar system to that of actions. I will look at your characters stats, skills, and equipment, compare them to their enemy's, and modify the die accordingly. If two opponents are equal in strength, you succeed on a 4+, but better equipment and armor increases your odds. Also realize that fighting alone is much more dangerous, and that fighting with friends will give you a MUCH higher chance of succeeding. Most importantly, your success in fights will depend on how well you write and describe your actions in the fight. If I feel you’ve done a very good job in describing your attack, I will modify the dice in your favor. Thus, even if you are outclassed and outnumbered, a good post can keep your character alive.

5) Keep a character profile like mine in your profile, with at least your characters name, stats, equipment, and inventory. You may include more (such as age, class, gender, etc.), but at least what I have specified. It not only helps you keep track of your character, but also lets you see what your fellow players are capable of and what they are carrying.

6) That’s the majority of what you need to know for the time being. If we come across something you don't understand feel free to ask using OOC (Out of Context) to show that you are speaking to the group or myself.

Roll Call:

Roman V. Numeral
kalethdarkblood
The Shadow King

Yes, I know a poor number but there are others waiting in the wings who need to fix up some profile stuff before they get in. Our numbers will get up I promise you.

Thanks again and good luck to all of you. I hope this turns out to be a fun and exciting RPG for everyone.

-Marious
Last edited by Marious on Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Group 25 Moderator

Group24: Zephien K'lieth
WS: 4 S: 3 T: 2 D: 4 I: 5
EQ: Long Sword, Short Sword, Dagger and Two Throwing Axes.
SK: Two Weapon Fighting, Uncontrollable Frenzy.
Gold: 80

I'm a killer. I'm a murdering bastard, you know that. And there are consequences, to breaking the heart of a murdering bastard.
Roman v. numeral
Shade

Post by Roman v. numeral »

Hey! Looks like things are starting to get going! I can't wait to play, we'll have to move fast if we want to catch up to Group 26, they're already onto their 3rd page of posts.

Marious I'm glad to see you active again on the site, I'm sure we'll all have fun under your capable guidance.
Group 25!

Name: Cenar Stoneburn
Class: Warrior
Stats: WS:4, S:5, T:4, D:3, I:2
Equipment: Long sword, shield, light armour
The shadow king
Executioner

Post by The shadow king »

Okay I'm here :D
Role-Playing Group 30
Helkor Makolus, Warrior.
WS 4, S4, T4, D3, I3. Gear: Cloak, Longsword, Light Armour, Shield, 4GC, Bastard Sword
Kalethdarkblood
Warrior

Post by Kalethdarkblood »

Shame on me, I read the forum every day and I don't see this post before today..

But now I am here and ready to start!
All Hail the Eternity King!
What? we are now order force...
Hurry and bring me a humie ou two to torture and kill! Go capture slaves by dozens! It's for the greater good!
Marious
Corsair

Post by Marious »

"Been up for a month, only now though are folk really starting to hear about it." Said a local man within ear shot of where you currently are. "Scary rumors going round about it as well. Some say it's just a ploy to get mercs into the temples and up on the alters." He continued on, and like most in range of his rant you were intrigued. Because he wasn't drunk or out of wits like most of the people with these kind of stories. He was clean enough to warrant a look at and his words weren't spoken with madness.

"On the other hand people are also saying you walk away with a fat purse if you get to them. Big enough that you don't have to work for quite some time." At this even more people became interested, you being included for what ever reason you might need that money for.

"What people, who are we talking about here?" Piped up one man. He was obviously drunk, and just from the way he staggered you could tell he wasn't this boisterous when sober.

"People that have no business with the likes of you!" Roared the teller of the tale, his face taking on a look of foulness at having to look upon such a soul. "You see here folks, they're looking for good stalk. People who know how to not only handle themselves in a fight, but have wits and sense to match their skills with a blade. You don't have those, well maybe you just might end up on the alter." Here is where most of the crowd lost interest through fear, or kept an ear just in case he said there was another way for them to reach their pay day. You however listen intently, because for some reason or another you think you're actually good enough to make it all the way.

"Hush now, cause here's the important part lads." The man said bending down slightly in his chair, as if he had a secrete just for you, never mind the rest of the crowd. "The way you get to these people is not the usual, it's gonna take some thinking on your part to do it. So find someone you know who knows a lot about whats going down. Because kiddies, you ain't getting nothing else from me." And either taking down the last of his beer, throwing the last morsel of meat in his mouth, or just pushing through the crowd gathered around him, the man who told of this lucrative deal was gone. Now you were all alone left to figure how to get the job of a life time.

((So that's it! The starting post. You heard this story in whatever location fits your fancy and now you're left to go find the employer of this job you are so smitten with. This is for me to see how creative you guys can get and tell me what I'm working with. This beginning will determine a lot in the future of the RP and will be leading indicator of how much freedom and such I'll be giving you. So maybe you have a cousin in the city who always knows something in the city. Maybe you just know a guy you can kick the shiz out of and get him to tell you whats down. You're call! I'll be playing the NPC's you come up and will be working with what you give me and maybe throwing some curve balls to see how you react. There'll be no deadline but punctuality is of course welcome.

Let's begin!))
Group 25 Moderator

Group24: Zephien K'lieth
WS: 4 S: 3 T: 2 D: 4 I: 5
EQ: Long Sword, Short Sword, Dagger and Two Throwing Axes.
SK: Two Weapon Fighting, Uncontrollable Frenzy.
Gold: 80

I'm a killer. I'm a murdering bastard, you know that. And there are consequences, to breaking the heart of a murdering bastard.
The shadow king
Executioner

Post by The shadow king »

OOC@ Marious: Is it okay if I do a first person point of view?

I stared at the man as he went on, the fool was lucky he wasn't in Naggaroth they would have gutted him and flayed the skin from his still living body. I'd seen it done enough times to know. I rubbed at my eyepatch and listened as the man went on. He looked cleaner than the lot that usually frequented this Cold One stye of an Inn and he wasn't drunk I listened more closely, this sounded like the job I needed.

I watched him as he vanished into the crowd. Khaine take it! There went an opprotunity to find a job. But maybe . . . I went out the front door and greatfully breathed in the clean . . . Well cleaner air of the city. I looked around, the narrow garbage filled cobblestone street built on the backs of toiling slaves who had gleaned some measure of revenge by making the lane twisty and bumpy as they could seemed even more oppresive and closed in by the presence of the dismal smoky huts and 'Establishments' the whole place reeked of blood, piss, dung, rot-gut drink and the all pervading stench of cheap perfume. But compared to the inside of the Inn it was like inhaling the scent of Queen Morathi's hair.

I looked down the alley and saw the dim outline of someone who might have be the man I needed to see. I removed my boots and tying my Weapon, Shield and Maille tightly on my back followed on silent feet . . . Well the opposite of noisy anyhow . . . As quiet as one can be with a Maille Hauberk tied to ones back. I kept back at what I hoped would be enough distance to keep any noise I made from reaching my quarry's ears. The filth of the alley didn't bother me I'd been in much worse on the farm, before . . . I shook myself keeping my head turned so my blind side wouldn't be some much of problem.

"Focus Helkor." I said quietly but firmly just the way one might talk to a spooked Dark Steed. The moon shone down defying the ragged clouds and lighting on the turgid streams that flowed down the alley and the accumlated filth and debris as lighting my way but cautioning me at the same time.

I advanced slowly through the silent twisting streets, between dark and closed homes until I saw who I presumed was the the man I needed to speak with leaning against a doorpost taking a quick rest.

"Greetings Kelgar," I said quietly, slowly and in what I hoped was a friendly tone of voice and slowly stepped into a patch of moonlight my hands open and empty at my side. "I've come to talk about a Job I heard mentioned in the Fat Cold One Inn." Kelgar jerked and slammed against the doorpost, the man was as nervous as a new Spearelf.

"Alright, I didn't know it was you Helkor, I'll talk but not without a price."

I sighed and handed over most of what was left of my coins

"Now . . . Talk."

OOC @ Marious: My Character Helkor will attempt to follow and then talk with Kelgar. Is my post okay?
Role-Playing Group 30
Helkor Makolus, Warrior.
WS 4, S4, T4, D3, I3. Gear: Cloak, Longsword, Light Armour, Shield, 4GC, Bastard Sword
Kalethdarkblood
Warrior

Post by Kalethdarkblood »

OOC: sorry to post a small beginning, but I have a lot of work this week :cry:

IC:

Arthan was thinking of all the story the old Druchii said during the evening. It was quite a interesting one and some coins in his pocket will be appreciated. But the story seems quite strange too, why an druchii told a story like that to every one in a place like the Cold One Inn? It's unusual. The past of Arthan told him that a trap is a possibility. He is a druchii and he knows what some of his own people can do to other Druchii. Druchii slaves were some good merchandises in Kar Karond and other cities. But despite his paranoid spirit, the possibility of winning treasure or other interesting things was stronger. And since he was no longer a retainer of a noble family, he had a desperate need of money and fame to found a new household to serve.

The following morning, after a night of thinking about what to do and where asking some question to find the employer. And his greed wins the day, he decide to begin looking for an old durchii, one of the people who know everything in a small city like that. Before moving from the tavern, he checked his gear, the longsword who save his life a few weeks before, his light armor, shield and the human keitan. Every part of his gear was an old one, and he was thinking that the first thing to do with a small amount of money was to buy some new stuff. There are no way for him to be recruit by a Household family with a gear like that. But maybe it was quite efficient for an employer looking for mercenaries.

Arthan moved form the tavern in the middle of the afternoon, looking for the man he needed to discover the employer identity. For this quest, he began to as some question in the merchant alley, a good place to obtain some quality information. After a couple of hour, he had find where the man was hiding for today... It was an old house in one of the most infamous part of the city... One of the house where cut-throat and assassin like to stay or hide... A place where Arthan dislike to stay too longer. He found easily the place and decide to enter like he has take the habits during his service as a retainer: with arrogance and confidence in his own strengh and chance to obtain the informatin he needed.

Good Evening old man! He said quietly but firmly, without looking anybody or anything else than the old druchii seat in the middle of the room. Arthan has one hand on the knob of his sword and looks the druchii in the eyes with his cold and calculate look. This look said only one thing: try something who dislike me and I will kill you before you or your men can kill me.

How are you old man? not to tired of your current life?He askedI am coming to visit you because I have a simple question to ask you. Do you know something about a story I heard in the Cold One Inn. Do you know something about it?
All Hail the Eternity King!
What? we are now order force...
Hurry and bring me a humie ou two to torture and kill! Go capture slaves by dozens! It's for the greater good!