Group 27 (The Rp thread is going up now lets begin!)

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Ulric darksoul
Assassin

Post by Ulric darksoul »

ok, good to know
"If you're going to leave anyone alive, enslave it!"

RP: Group 27
Ulric Darksoul
WS:5 S:4 T:3 D:5 I:3
Equipment:
- Short sword, dagger, bastard sword 5 throwing stars and Ritual Dagger.
- Sea Dragon Cloak (dark green with dark blue scales)
- 1 healing balm (H) 4 healing balms
120g+12g

Skills: Controlled frenzy, two-weapons fighting
Ulric darksoul
Assassin

Post by Ulric darksoul »

ok, the description is up. Now you'll be able to imagine how Ulric is.

Ulric Darksoul
Equipment:
120g+12g

Dauricha
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Dauricha »

Thanks for putting it up. Also If your having a problem posting once a day tell me. I dont like to be kept waiting around for people.
Phalx Tr'dasr – WS5 / S4 / T4 / D5 / I4
Equipment: Deathspitter (5/20) 4 of these poisoned (1/2x QD, 3xSD), short sword, dagger, punching dagger (Bloodthirst Rune), shade cloak, full leather armour
Inventory: thieves tools, torches x3, healing balms x5, rope and grapple, Vikarh map, dice, winter gear, orc tusk,
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 5829
Skills: Basic Stealth, Precision Fire, Basic Ride, Frenzy, Ambidexterity,Suithenlu Khythan (1): SP2
Class: Shade
Check out, http://thingsfrom1934.com/
Ulric darksoul
Assassin

Post by Ulric darksoul »

me? i've been waiting for your posts to post myself, so i wont be metagaming. Remember that i'm GTM-4, so i think we have 6 hours of difference, if not more ;)

Ulric Darksoul
Equipment:
120g+12g

Katon
Highborn

Post by Katon »

Ulric Darksoul wrote:me? i've been waiting for your posts to post myself, so i wont be metagaming. Remember that i'm GTM-4, so i think we have 6 hours of difference, if not more ;)

You always manage to post before me normally.

@ Dauricha: The RP is good so far, though we aren’t far in. I like your writing style, the break down of each character is good. Helps as we are all spread out for the moment.

Unfortunate we had to lose a player, will you be finding a replacement or just rolling with 4?
Ulric darksoul
Assassin

Post by Ulric darksoul »

Katon Edios wrote:
You always manage to post before me normally.

GTM -4, mate, GTM -4.

Anyway, Dauricha, i'm enjoying the RPG, and i believe my character is been fun to read, as the others are to me. The story is good and your writting is quite characterful. I'll be replying until i wont be able to, or my character dies ;)

Ulric Darksoul
Equipment:
120g+12g

Dauricha
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Dauricha »

Glad your enjoying it guys, and in a while we will have a new player, but there are a few more things you guys need to do
Equipment: Deathspitter (5/20) 4 of these poisoned (1/2x QD, 3xSD), short sword, dagger, punching dagger (Bloodthirst Rune), shade cloak, full leather armour
Inventory: thieves tools, torches x3, healing balms x5, rope and grapple, Vikarh map, dice, winter gear, orc tusk,
Skills: Basic Stealth, Precision Fire, Basic Ride, Frenzy, Ambidexterity,Suithenlu Khythan (1): SP2
Zardock
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Zardock »

Okay guys I'm back, will continue my posting after Dauricha's next update of the story.

Sorry about the absence.
Join the Shrine of the Serpent today!
Brotherhood of the Coast!

Zardock (Group 27)
Class: Trainee of Khaine
WS:4 / S:5 / T:3 / D:4 / I:2
Equipment: Short sword and Dagger, 50g in a pouch.
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Uncontrollable Frenzy

The Keeper of the D.net Battle Records.
Katon
Highborn

Post by Katon »

Sorry for the last short post, had to make it quick as im off out and wont be back till New Years day so dont expect any posting till 1st jan.

Have a nice new years eve all.
Katon
Highborn

Post by Katon »

The RP has been great so far, enjoyable and though not as active as you may want it's still playable.

Maybe we will get into it knowing we have all survived the first ordeal?

At any rate great Modding any way, cant fault it at this stage.
Zardock
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Zardock »

Sorry guys but I'm going to have to drop out of the RP for the next 3 weeks... (I know that will cripple the group a tiny bit)

Moving islands soon and have been organising everything necessary for that endeavour. Also starting 2nd year at uni and the first few weeks of a new flat, new semester and general mayhem that happens at this time of year down there, will make my time on this forum near non-existant...

Should have jumped on earlier to give you guys the heads up but this is the first chance I've had the rough amount of time I'm gonna be busy for calculated.

Sorry for the inconveniance... Stick my character in jail or something?

Zardock (Group 27)

Dauricha
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Dauricha »

Ok Zar dont owrry about it, I know exactly what to do with him. Just PM me when your ready to get going again
Zardock
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Zardock »

Dauricha wrote:Ok Zar dont owrry about it, I know exactly what to do with him.

... Why does this give me a horrible sense of forboding? ;)

Zardock (Group 27)

Dauricha
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Dauricha »

Oh its nothing

WAAAHAHAHAHAHA :twisted:
Zardock
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Zardock »

... Dauricha did you really have to get my character beaten up? Oh well I'll get revenge once I'm back in the fold, to the rest of you, best of luck with this latest adventure. Don't leave me to rot in jail forever!

Zardock (Group 27)

Dauricha
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Dauricha »

Ok theres still a problem with posting. So Ive decided to bring in a deadline system. I know that Zardock cannot post at the moment due to issues in life, but the rest of you will need to abide by this. If you miss a deadline I will not include you in my mod post, and you will suffer the consequences, repeated failer will result in harsh results

NEXT DEADLINE IS 17TH OF FEB
Noble korhedron
Empire General

Post by Noble korhedron »

Hi all!! Daruchia has asked that I introduce myself. So here it is - I used to be in another group, so to maintain continuity for you guys, I am going to be "in disguise", as it were. I will still have all my stats but I now be known as Korhedron Blackheart as my alias - I still want to maintain a connection to my original character but I do realise I am in disguise, so.....

@Daruchia: If this isn't exactly what you asked for, please feel free to say so. I assumed this was the correct group as I have not joined the RP proper yet....
Regards,

NK.

http://ulthuan.net/forum
http://warhammer.org.uk/phpBB/index.php
http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php
http://www.bartertown.com/trading/index.php

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.
Zardock
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Zardock »

Hey welcome to the group :) . Extra warrior will help alot I hope.

Zardock (Group 27)

Ulric darksoul
Assassin

Post by Ulric darksoul »

Hi there!

Ulric Darksoul
Equipment:
120g+12g

Dauricha
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Dauricha »

Zardock my old chum where have you been. Havnt posted in a while is all

"Zardock, my old chum, where have you been? Haven't posted in a while, is all."

This area is patrolled by grammar nazis. Beware! ;) -- Tarbo
Katon
Highborn

Post by Katon »

Sad that Zardock has had to go

I have criticism on the posting though. The correlation between what we type and what goes on within the mod post are becoming increasingly hard to take.

In the last round of posting:

-Acrila looked to get into an advantageous attacking position
-The two Khainites looked to engage the leading elf
-The two warriors look to their own methods to push an advantage
-Then in the follow up post we managed to kill all 4 of the enemies.

The plot and quality of mod posts are all excellent it’s just the opportunity the players have to engage is limited, we go into a scene say what we do and it’s over. I would just like to see more depth added by us players as well as the mod. The longer the fight the more in depth and more opportunity we all have to add more to the storey and control the story along with the mod.

I would like to treat a scene like a mini story:

1) Enter area, describe opponents ect and set up
2) Engage
3) Fight
4) Further fight if the posts didn’t cover enough for elimination of all emeies
5) Ending and tie in to new scene

Start-Middle-End.

5 odd mod posts there for one battle. More in depth i find and easier on the mod because the players add the content and the mod has to summarise and add any extras and progress the story in their directive view. Also in scenes revolving around chatting or a decision we can multi post before the mod adding more character conversation to the RP and more character development.

In all I want decide how my opponents die!
Dauricha
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Dauricha »

Katon you raise some very valid and well thought out points. And I am also sorry to see Zardock go. For t.he moment I will not be looking to fill his position. I will say this from my stand point.

1) Two mod posts were given in regards to this combat. You engaged them, I wrote a post, you decided how to fight them. I wrote a post.

2) However I realise that this isn't enough for some combats, but this combat is the first one of the day. (You will not be heading back to he house just yet, sorry If I didn't make this clear in my posts, but there are rounds to the games over the day, getting harder and harder, and so the combats will get longer and longer.) It was not supposed to be a hard fight. Your characters are natural better then them, and outnumber them. It wasn't going to last long.

3) You are right their was a lack to engage truly in this scene and for that I am sorry. But if I refer back to my earlier point this was a quick fight, and the harder they get, the more input from you will be needed.

4) As for your point on character development etc, YES YES YES, cant agree more, and I will work harder to get conversation in to the story, and a chance for you guys to go more in-depth.

Once again, I will say that this is the first fight of the day and so will go quickly, as they get harder the fights will be longer. (As you will see against your next opponent.) Katon, I will take what you said on-board, but it will also require, us all to work together to make this a better stronger thread.

As for your point on 'In all I want decide how my opponents die!' Look to what Karonath writes in her posts in group 22. She states in her underlined summary, where her blows will fall, and what counter blows she will make etc. Its quite in-depth. Videos of other combats have been used as well to show what they want their characters to do. Maybe you should look into that?

Thanks again Katon for what you wrote. If any of you have anything else to add or say, always feel free to post it here.
Katon
Highborn

Post by Katon »

Fair enough points about the combat ect, i just didn’t want the posting to fall dead and just be more of a typing exercise than actually enjoying the RP.

I read through a few of group 22’s posts and understand where you are coming from. With the criticism to my own posting now on board we will see where the next round of fighting takes us.

I’m happy enough now, aired my opinion and we’ve worked through it. Would be nice to hear what the others think. I will wait intently on the following mod post now.
Ulric darksoul
Assassin

Post by Ulric darksoul »

I can only say that i've try to make the "combat moves" as coloured as possible, but, i do have to add as a constructive critisism (haven't found a better way to say it) that, there is not so much of a link of the actions we describe we'll use and the action you finally post. What i mean, is that if my character tries to jump and attack (much like anime fighting schenes) i would expect that in the mod post, he'll at list attempt to jump...

Also, i will try to make the little stories Katon describes, to add some depth to the character...

PS: By the way, i followed group 22 since they where in the realm of chaos (leaving it) until you attacked some twins with weird S blades

Ulric Darksoul
Equipment:
120g+12g

Ulric darksoul
Assassin

Post by Ulric darksoul »

Ok, i'll put this here... on our page 10, our second fight in the arena, as the way i understand it, here are our positions:

Positioning Diagram:

--Ac-----------------------
------------------------A1 A2
-----O1-Ka--------------BO
U--O2-----------------------
---------Ko-------------------

Key:
Ka=Katon
Ko = Korhedron
Ac= Accrilla
U = Ulric
O=Orc
BO=Big Orc
A=Archer

This diagram is just to have a better picture of where we are standing right now... if you, Dauricha, think this is too much, or just plain metagaming, feel free to delete it. If you find it's ok to have it, feel free to modify it to see where you think we are.

The idea came after reading Katon's post

Ulric Darksoul
Equipment:
120g+12g