Group 27

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Dauricha
Malekith's Best Friend

Group 27

Post by Dauricha »

Please read this

First, the generic RPG rules: (these are simply copied from the group I play in as I will use the same system).

1) Your character status will very much depend on your posting. I will injure or even kill off characters that aren’t pulling their weight in terms of posts so try and stay to the deadlines I set and try and write at least a paragraph each time you post.

2) Your characters are not immortal. Nor are they even heroic for that matter. In gaming terms you are about on par with a 7-point DE warrior at the start. You characters will level up and get stronger as the game goes on, but until then you should be reasonable in the way you play. Chances are that if you decide to go up with a Chosen Knight Of Khorne by yourself your going to get turned into confetti.

3) As far as actions go, I will use two systems. For regular actions that do not involve your characters health (eg. Bluffing a guard, etc.) I will determine the success of your actions primarily on the quality of your posts. For actions that involve your characters health I will look at your characters stats, equipment, and skills and then roll a die. For example: A character decides to jump out a window of a two story building to escape a guard, and grab on to a nearby tree limb to stop his fall. He is a warrior with 3 dexterity, light armor, a shield, and a longsword. Because of his average dexterity he would normally succeed on a roll of 4+, but his armor and weapons weigh him down so he will only succeed on a roll of a 5+.

4) Now for fighting. Fighting will follow a similar system to that of actions. I will look at your characters stats, skills, and equipment, compare them to their enemy's, and modify the die accordingly. If two opponents are equal in strength, you succeed on a 4+, but better equipment and armor increases your odds. Also realize that fighting alone is much more dangerous, and that fighting with friends will give you a MUCH higher chance of succeeding. Most importantly, your success in fights will depend on how well you write and describe your actions in the fight. If I feel you’ve done a very good job in describing your attack, I will modify the dice in your favor. Thus, even if you are outclassed and outnumbered, a good post can keep your character alive.

Also two more suggestions:
1) Keep a character profile like mine in your profile, with at least your characters name, stats, equipment, and inventory. You may include more (such as age, class, gender, etc.), but at least what I have specified. It not only helps you keep track of your character, but also lets you see what your fellow players are capable of and what they are carrying.

2) Follow a standard Speech , Thought , Action format for posting. You may choose to do this however you like (the example is what I like to use), but this helps everyone follow your posts more easily.

3) I would like it if you could post at least once a day. This is so I can keep the role playing (And the momentum going) If for some reason you cannot post for a period of time (I.e a holiday) Then please PM me or leave an OOC comment in you post. There will be no official deadlines (At the moment) But I think a post a day is quite reasonable.

That’s the majority of what you need to know for the time being. If we come across something you don't understand feel free to ask using OOC (Out of Context) to show that you are speaking to the group or myself, and then resume the story with IC (In Context).

And now time for the Role-play to begin.
Phalx Tr'dasr – WS5 / S4 / T4 / D5 / I4
Equipment: Deathspitter (5/20) 4 of these poisoned (1/2x QD, 3xSD), short sword, dagger, punching dagger (Bloodthirst Rune), shade cloak, full leather armour
Inventory: thieves tools, torches x3, healing balms x5, rope and grapple, Vikarh map, dice, winter gear, orc tusk,
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 5829
Skills: Basic Stealth, Precision Fire, Basic Ride, Frenzy, Ambidexterity,Suithenlu Khythan (1): SP2
Class: Shade
Check out, http://thingsfrom1934.com/
Dauricha
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Dauricha »

It had started so well. They had taken a few small costal settlements, and had already captured one hundred odd slaves. Their foul ‘high elf’ cousins had been silent, as they were lead into the holds of the ships, knowing begging for mercy would be pointless, and showing fear would only bring joy to them. The three hundred odd mercenaries lead by highborn Shadowfang and Bloodrose, had done well. It had seemed odd at first for the two highborn families to be working together. There had been conflict between the two, but this seemed to have been put behind for some unknown reason, and the success of this slaver trip could only improve relations. The problems however, arose when Bloodrose sought to head deeper into the Shadowlands in the north of the island kingdom of Ulthuan.

The rain was falling heavily before they had headed out for the next day’s march. They made their way down a muddy road, either side were dominated by the thick forest of the Shadowlands. It was in these dark green conifers that the enemy came upon them. They had been ambushed, many cut down in the first few moments by the deadly arrows of Shadow warriors. As the remnants tried to formed up to fight the high elves, spearelves and knights burst out and swept into the flanks of the ragged, arrow stuck formation. Despite the efforts of Shadowfang to hold his men together, there was no sign of victory here, only destruction on the cold, blood soaked road, and the mercenaries new it.

The dark elves broke and ran, through the dark forest, pursued by arrows and elves. The remaining mercenaries split up into smaller groups in their mad run, as they made their way back to the coast where the ships were, a good two days march away. It is in one such group that you find yourself in. There are five of you, all tired and shocked by the defeat. You all kept you bloodstained weapons though, and suffered only minor wounds in your flight. You have decided to keep together, there being survival in numbers, as you continue through the woods, in what you hope is the direction of the coast and the ships. You don’t know each other, and would quite happily sell the rest out if it meant you will live, but fortune and fate have decided you must stick together to survive, and in the woods of the Shadowlands death could only be a arrow away.

The sun was beginning to set, as the group carried on through the woods. The rain was still falling in thick sheets, and large heavy drops fell on their heads as they fell through the thick cover of the trees. They reached a river running through the woods. It must lead to the coast, but they also saw, that there were foot prints leading up river. They stood as the rain fell deciding what they would do?

OOC: Ok here is you opener, please make sure your first post is lengthy giving a good physical description of your character, how they fought in the battle etc. Good Luck and have fun.

Players:
Zardock - Zardock a Trainee of Khaine
DreadLordHauclir - Isilvar Hausrik a warrior
Jungly - Acrilla a Shade
Katon Edios - Katon Edios a warrior
Slogan - Yvierna Nightstep a Shade
Ulric Darksoul - Ulric Darksoul a Trainee of Khaine
Last edited by Dauricha on Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Equipment: Deathspitter (5/20) 4 of these poisoned (1/2x QD, 3xSD), short sword, dagger, punching dagger (Bloodthirst Rune), shade cloak, full leather armour
Inventory: thieves tools, torches x3, healing balms x5, rope and grapple, Vikarh map, dice, winter gear, orc tusk,
Skills: Basic Stealth, Precision Fire, Basic Ride, Frenzy, Ambidexterity,Suithenlu Khythan (1): SP2
Slogen
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Slogen »

The fighting had been brutal, and Yvierna had barely escaped with her life, oh she wasn't injured, but it had been close none the less. Many a time arrows had flown inches away from her head, or blades come down a milisecond too late. Only agility and the intelligence to sneak off before the high elves had completly overwhelmed the other mercenaries

Now she had spent the last few hours running with a group of fellow mercenaries, of what mainly looked like city dwellers, so they weren't going to be much use in the wilds of the shadowlands.

Her sharp ears picked up the rushing of water long before she saw the river, although it would eventually lead to the shore the tracks leading off were a much more tempting path to follow, and in her eyes the better idea.

Well..I dont know how much you city folk know of survival, but if any of you know anything then we'd obviously head after the tracks, for all we know the river could flood or anything in the time it takes us to get back to the shore, then we'd be trapped without food, I suggest we atleast gather some food before heading back, if we do at all, not as if anyone back there will be particularly caring towards mercenaries who just failed to deafeat our weak blooded cousins

Yvierna will wait for anyone else to raise an opinion

OOC: Could you put your character profile in your signature please
Name: Yvierna Nightstep

Weapon Skill (WS): 4
Strength (S): 3
Toughness (T): 3
Dexterity (D): 4
Intelligence (I): 4

Equipment: Short Sword, Repeater Crossbow, Shade Cloak.
Skills:Basic Stealth.
Ulric darksoul
Assassin

Post by Ulric darksoul »

Ulric was waiting his chance, covered in his cloak as they followed the path. Over the noise produce by a thousand feet marching, some yelling started. An ambush!

After a while, Ulric had killed a couple of high elves, although he couldn't have done it if this other mercenary wasn't there. His blades where soaked in blood, but he hadn't entered in bloodthirst yet.I know i should gone frenzy by now. I must focus in blood.
Suddenly, the horns of Shadowfang started blowing, playing the retreat signal. All was a mess. He noticed that a lot of elves have been killed, while he had been trying to stay alive and take his share. The image of his own people running wasn't one that he would like to see, moreover if they where runing from their kin.I can't fight an amy by my own, i better flee with the rest of the army.
Suddenly, the army was split. Some groups went into the forest, but he knew that the best way to go, at least the safer was back to the coast. As they run, the sound of flying arrows came to his mind, and the black rain of metal and wood started to come. They had to go faster, and have to separate from the main army, as the chance to dodge the arrows was greater in scatter groups than in armies.
Ulric joined a group that seemed to had his same idea, a group of five mercenaries, in which a female shade was trying to guide. They fled for their lives, until the sound of battle began to diminish. Suddenly, the sound of water against rocks gave away the position of a river, that had some footprints in its shore.

The female shade stop by the river, and said:Well..I dont know how much you city folk know of survival, but if any of you know anything then we'd obviously head after the tracks, for all we know the river could flood or anything in the time it takes us to get back to the shore, then we'd be trapped without food, I suggest we atleast gather some food before heading back, if we do at all, not as if anyone back there will be particularly caring towards mercenaries who just failed to deafeat our weak blooded cousins

Ulric stood as straight and high as he could, taking his mask away he replied: The Temple does not send their disciples to battles without survival training. I know how to survive, don't you dare to give me a misrespectful treatment. I have to agree with you though, we have to gather some food, but first, we have to be save to find it.
"If you're going to leave anyone alive, enslave it!"

RP: Group 27
Ulric Darksoul
WS:5 S:4 T:3 D:5 I:3
Equipment:
- Short sword, dagger, bastard sword 5 throwing stars and Ritual Dagger.
- Sea Dragon Cloak (dark green with dark blue scales)
- 1 healing balm (H) 4 healing balms
120g+12g

Skills: Controlled frenzy, two-weapons fighting
Katon
Highborn

Post by Katon »

'The fight was unfair the odds heavily stacked against the raiders. Still he had his life, something to be grateful for, though for how long he would survive only Khaine knew.

A small detachment of the mercenaries had been sent out to progress deeper into the Shadow Lands. It was a bad idea from the start, but it was the only way to get paid. Still the whole excursion was a shambles for one there were two Lords commanding one ship and one group of mercenaries. What has Elven Society become? The pair of them obviously weaklings and not fit to be associated with the master race of the old world. One ship, one army, no confusion keep it simple, that’s all that was needed.

Instead it all plays out rather unfortunately. A two day march through unknown forest only to be out matched and out numbered by what was essentially well armoured slaves. Still the battle was good.'

Katon had never killed a Elf, and this little raid had seen him take quite a few heads for the true Elven god.

Arrow fire had rained down on the mercenaries, for a few seconds Katon was unsure if it was just heavy rain or something more until the Elf next to him fell to the ground wheezing for air. An almost natural reaction came over the young warrior, slinging his Shield from his back and preparing to be greeted by another hail of death. And death did come and his Shield only just in time to meet an Arrow which surely would have sent him to the ground. Many weren’t so lucky, there were un-armoured members of the Temple within the group and Elves that had obviously come for the ride, not true warriors through. ‘Any Elf can wield a Sword doesn’t make you a combatant though.’ Still the more of them that died the less arrows were hitting Katon, the Arrow fire stopped suddenly and the bewildered mercenaries were called into ranks, the struggling sounds of a clueless Lord bellowing out to the group and all that he received was a mash of confused Elves huddling in some useless formation. Katon had to push one or two out the way as he struggled to form a wall with the warrior next to him. To little affect did the shield wall do as the group were soon greeted with the sounds of Elven horns and not a second later the sounds of heavy cavalry as they were charged.

Being used to fighting with a Spear Katon struggled with his Long Sword, the cumbersome weight he had not yet fully adjusted too, still he persevered and as a Elven Knight came into contact with the lines, the foolish knight moved his Lance and Shield to his left side as he strike a pitiful excuse for a Dark Elf in the chest at full strength. Still that was all the opportunity Katon needed as his Long Sword clumsily struck upwards and under the Knights armour, soon Katon felt that ever so comforting feeling of his cold steel carving it’s way through warm soft flesh. Blood ran down the blade from the Knights side, his warm blood meeting the hilt of the sword and warming Katon’s cold hands and brinfing a sinister smile to Katon face even though he was in the heat of battle. As soon as the blade had entered the Knight it was soon retracted as the mercenaries pulled the Knight from his steed and savagely continue to hack at the dead Elf’s body. No such joy for Katon though for as soon as he had gained full control of his blade an Elven Spear was thrust his way, a cheeky side step and flick with his Shield saw the offending Spear deflected. The powerful thrust in return was only met with a High Elven Shield. It’s more durable composition causing Katon’s sword to imbed it’s self deep in the Shield. Sadly such a thrust also caused a lot of pain to Katon, as the sturdy Shield returned a lot of the power back to Katon’s wrist, causing both combatants to recoil and collect the selves.

The mercenaries were losing badly, their numbers had halved in such a short space of time and the call for retreat could already be herd, lucky for the Lord calling retreat he had already manage to find his way to the back of the fight and was probably leading the retreat. Still Katon needed his Sword first, with a might pull Katon attempts to dislodge the Sword from the Spear Elf. Sadly to no anvil though, as all that happens is the Spear Elf is pulled back towards Katon. Khaine had already ensured the Dark Elf’s safety in this fight and Katon was blessed with the quick reaction to pull his Shield up as the Spear Elf was pulled towards him. The sound of a crack could be herd as the High Elf’s head connected with the edge of the Shield. Now lay on the floor Katon’s second kill of the battle. Sadly once again no time to relish in the ecstasy of a kill. Retrieving his Sword from the dead Elf’s Shield it was apparent it was every Elf for him self as the mercenaries could be seen fleeing into the deep forests. Wanting to live and fight another day Katon slings his Shield on his back and joins the rest of the mercenaries as they flee.

It felt like he had been running for ever the rain was beating heavily still and the light looked to be fading, the sounds of Arrow fire and battle had since stopped. Still he continued to run until he reached a fast flowing river.
Stopping for a moment Katon tries to catch his breath as he leans against a tree. Removing his Shield reveals two Arrows imbedded in it. ‘Lucky I slung this on my back, those Arrows could have been a painful addition to my person.’ Pulling the Arrows from the Shield he wonders around, some what relaxed by the sounds of the running river.

An even more comforting sound reaches his ears as the sounds of Druchii tongue can be herd. Wondering in the direction Katon catches the back end of a conversation between a Disciple and Shade. Butting into the conversation Katon decides that these pair will be his best chance of survival.

“At least some of us made it out alive then. Names Katon.” A slight bow follows his introduction, his black hair falling down slightly as it is now saturated from the rain and a hint of blood from battle. The rain was now diluting the blood from his Sword and Shield and forming in droplets to meet a bloodied puddle at his feet.

“Any plan of attack? We should really go back and finish the Asur off but I don’t think it would be a favourable match up.”

Katon will stick with the group and formulate some plan, while waiting and hopping for more survivors to join.
Zardock
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Zardock »

The raid was going so well, to think that the Asur have not only managed this ambush, but our pitiful leader cannot even organise a decent defense for Khaine's sake.

Zardock barely managed to dodge another hail of arrows by leaping behind one of his mercenary companions. Really this is your reward for fighting for riches rather than the glory of Khaine. Looking around it was clear that the Druchii were not handling the arrow volleys well and then the Asur cavalry arrived, crashing through the undergrowth towards the bedraggled remains of what was once a raiding group.

Drawing his Sword and Dagger, Zardock charged towards the approaching infantry coming from the forest, ready to show the fools the righteous path of Khaine. A few of his fellow Khainites joined him on this charged, but they were cut down by arrows, sheer dumb luck preventing Zardock from falling to the same fate. It had been a long time since he had fought against the hated kin of Ulthuan and he relished the chance to get to grips with them once more.

The small group he had chosen as his victims outnumbered him four to one and yet the bloodlust compelled him to fight no matter the odds. Zardock heard the whoosh of Repeater Crossbow fire past his ear and three of the Asur fell to the ground, dead. The fourth elf had a bolt embedded in his leg and Zardock took advantage of this weakness to close in and get around the elf's shield. Ungracefully but brutally, Zardock slashed with his Dagger across the elf's chest before plunging his sword into his throat. Grace in combat is reserved for the Brides of Khaine, but my way still gets things done, Glory to Khaine!

Zardock was much to occupied with that small group to realise that the main Druchii group had called the retreat. Noticing a female shade leading a few stragglers towards a river, and hopefully the coast. Deciding Khaine would like him to live another day, Zardock manages to evade the arrows harrassing the main group and catches up to the female shade and her companions.

A warrior by the name of Katon had just proposed an attack on the Asur. "I'm Zardock, a lowly follower of the Lord Khaine, and I must agree, the Asur fools must die for this slight against our honour and against Lord Khaine's." Zardock bowed slightly the other Disciple amongst the group, his purple eyes glaring out from underneath his long hair, analysing the group carefully, and deciding that sticking with them will much further his survival and increase the chances of Khaine's teachings being brought down upon the traitorous Asur.

Zardock will join the group and will strongly support any attempt to attack the Asur responsible for the ambush.
Join the Shrine of the Serpent today!
Brotherhood of the Coast!

Zardock (Group 27)
Class: Trainee of Khaine
WS:4 / S:5 / T:3 / D:4 / I:2
Equipment: Short sword and Dagger, 50g in a pouch.
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Uncontrollable Frenzy

The Keeper of the D.net Battle Records.
Jungly
Cold One Knight

Post by Jungly »

When the fighting had broke out Accrila had been in the in the on the side of the mercenaries when the high elf cavalry charged .She ducked under the a blow aimed at her head.Then grabbing onto the reins of her attackers steed, she swung up and gave him a round house kick. By sheer luck her booted foot hit the half inch or so of space between his helmit and his chain mail. He lost his grip and slid ungracefully to the ground . As Acrila rode away, the more pratised and skillful high elf riders were close in persuit. She awkardly swiveled around in the saddle trying to shoot them dowm with her repeater crossbow. However her new steed, seemed to have little confidence in its new rider, It ignored her frantic commands and straight into the forest. Acrilla still with her head turned towards the enemy was knocked to the ground by a low tree branch. She scrambled up, and started running towards the nearest small group of merceneries,near to the river. They were was led by a shade and seemed to be wanting to return to the combat.

I agree that we should go back and fight. However the main force will overwhelm us . Let us rather concentrate our energy on killing the foolish cavalry who have pursued the others into the forest , for they are not in terrain which is much suited to them.

OOC: Ok the battle has finished hours ago. Also when having you charcter speak put it in bold please
WS:5
S:4
T:3
D:3
I:3
Slogen
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Slogen »

The attitude and blind blood lust of the Khainites was cringe worthy, were they all mad, the asure, though through numbers and trickery, had overwhelmed and defeated them, they wanted to go back there.

Oh sir I only wanted to compensate for our friends idiocy, I do not question your survival skills, only the wisdom to assert them effectivly, you see it seems our companions here want to see us beaten a second time, and almost certainly killed she replied mockingly to the Khainite with the mask, unclipping her crossbow from her back and removing the depleted casing from the weapon, before ramming a few casing of bolts into the mechanism, standing holding the weapon, she motioned to the tracks.

If we wish to mkae oursleves as safe as we can in enemy territory I would suggest searching any enemy threat out, rather than immediatly attacking them, often it would be better to just move on, and we definatly wont be cooking anything, so I hope you like your meat raw.

Reloads her crossbow and waits for replies

Dauricha
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Dauricha »

OOC: ok where DreadLordHauclir I don't know but I cant wait, so lets begin.

IC: They swapped ideas for a few moment by the river, still trying to work out what the others were thinking, not willing to trust each other. Some wanted to head back and fight the Asur, others wanted to gather food. They all however didn't want to stand around waiting to be stuck full of arrows so they finally decided to head up the river following the tracks.

The rain continued, as the sun continued to set. Yvierna took the lead, the rest following close behind eying the ever darkening woods. They heard it soon , the sound of steel on steel from up ahead and just over the stream. They splashed through it quickly, and headed slightly into the woods. They stopped just in the cover of the undergrowth looking into a glade.

There they saw Erun Shadowfang, one of the nobles who had lead the failed expedition. He had a tall baring, and wore his plate armor as if he had been born into it. Despite the fact he was covered in blood and mud, he cloak ripped and torn and his armor dented, he still gave off the air of a high born, as he snarled at the Asur he faced, his dark hair fluttering behind him like a mane. He faced five of the high elves, three carried spears, four others swords and shields and two had a bow. Three other lay dead at the highborns feet, squashed by his warhammer.

Though it was a strange weapon for a Druchii to wield, it suited him perfectly, as he held it in both hands beckoning for the high elves to come taste its gore smeared head. The high elves hadn't noticed the group hiding in the bush just yet, but in a matter of moments one of them was bound to.
Ulric darksoul
Assassin

Post by Ulric darksoul »

After a while, Yvierna came with the most viable idea, going up the river. Although she mock hi, Ulric decided not to reply. It's better to continue with her to continue alive in this acursed land, but she is a notorious disbeliever of Khaine's power. She will eventually find a knife stuck in her body.

The sound of steel against steel came at them soon. Approaching the battle as hidden as posible, they saw the highborn Shadowfang fighting against several asur. I hadn't notice he fights with a warhammer. What an ugly weapon. Effective though, as it seems.

*whispering to the group*if we are going to help Shadowfang, we should take the archers first. The shades could cover me to distract them, i'll try to stealth behind them and attack from the oher side.I hope this works, and i don't enter just yet into frenzy

Ulric will hear any comments, and if they decide to go through with his idea, he'll return a couple of steps, and start circling the fight, to go ahead with the plan. If not, he'll go ahead with what the group says.

Ulric Darksoul
Equipment:
120g+12g

Zardock
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Zardock »

Excellent, another chance to bring the teachings of Khaine to the foolish Asur, however Ulric, the other Khainite had a point, tactics would probably win the day this time.

Moving to the fore of the group, Zardock draws his weapons in readiness and joins in the planning process. " Alright if the archers are taken out, I believe that attacking the spear weilding Asur would yield the best advantage. Katon are you with me on this one? I'll need some back up, not even Khaine would bless me to survive these odds a second time."

Zardock wishes to follow through with the plan, and will attack if Katon backs him up in the fight.

Zardock (Group 27)

Jungly
Cold One Knight

Post by Jungly »

OOC: Ok i deleted your post simply because thats now how the system here works. You suggest what your action wants to be

by having the last line of your post underlined stating it (As the others have done)

Then i will determine whether or not you were successful and write and appropriate mod post for your actions. You write up a more detailed version of you you are fighting or have killed etc, along with your next move.

Sorry if this wasn't made clear

Katon
Highborn

Post by Katon »

The newly formed group stood at the river side, the general idea seemed to be to move on and follow the tracks while they had light. Food was a topic brought up though this come low on priorities to Katon at the moment, he still wanted to go back and exact some revenge on the Asur, fortunately for him a follower of the temple by the name of Zardock had the same interests.

One of the Shades took the lead, ‘Better they get shot up before me’ thinks Katon to him self as he tries to ensure he gets any remaining water and blood from his blade before retracting it into it’s sheath. Not long had the group been walking until their keen Elven ears picked up the familiar sound steel on steel, though darkened forest the group followed the sounds easily finding the direction of the battle and moved with haste, passing over a small stream and hiding them selves in some undergrowth.

The delighted smile across Katon’s face as the battle reveals a Noble pitted against 5 Asur. The passing through of ‘So Shadowfang lives’ rings through his mind with the possibility of saving a Noble would bring him a favourable reward.
Katon thoughts of riches were broken instantly as the un-introduced Trainee invoked his tactical musings. Followed by the second Trainee requesting Katon’s help on a rather daring frontal assault.

“Very well take the archers how ever you feel, im with you Zardock, just make sure you don’t end up attacking me in your blood educed Frenzies.”

With the rain is still pouring heavily he adjusts his soaking wet hair to ensure it doesn’t affect his combat abilities. Waiting for need to charge Katon massages his Sword Wielding wrist, the blow from the strike at the Spear Elf Shield still causing his wrist to be a little tender.

Katon will wait for a mark to move out and charge drawing his Sword as he does. He will leave his Shield slung to his back realising that he will need speed to keep up with the Trainee. And of course allowing the Trainee to first engage to give Katon enough time to ready his Shield and avoid the initial Frenzied out burst of attacks from of Zardock.
Slogen
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Slogen »

That seems a viable strategy, perhaps we will survive the day she replied, keeping her voice to a low whisper, readying her crossbow.

As long as their not wearing too much armor underneath I should be able to drop at least two before they realise we're here, just dont go mad on me, we all need to keep level heads at least to start with

reasting the but of the rifle into her right shoulder, she took aim, lining the rifle up, accomodating for wind and other effects, with the closest archers neck, one place you couldn't easily armor and where the asur wouldn't bother the resources on citiczen levies, well she hoped so atleast.

Yvierna will take aim at the closest of the azur archers, aiming for their neck, as close to the artery as possible, when the others will signal for her to fire she will let loose at that one, if she manges to drop him she will move onto the next archer, and so on untill any long range troops are dead

Zardock
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Zardock »

Crouching behind the rocky outcrop, Zardock displayed a wicked grin at the prospect of the coming battle. "It appears we have reached an agreement then, these Asur fools shall perish today, for the glory of Khaine."

If the Shades don't manage to get those 2 archers down, I will probably not be making it out of here alive, hopefully Khaine sees me as worthy to continue his work.

"Ulric, I suggest that you follow me and Katon into battle, you are a follower of Lord Khaine we do not skulk in the shadows, our Shade companions will take the archers down. With the combined ferocity of our charge we can save Shadowfang and bring some retribution down upon their heads!"

Zardock waits with weapons drawn, as soon as the first volley from the shades is fired, he will charge towards the spearelves, with Katon and hopefully Ulric at his back. Zardock is hoping the attack will catch the elves off guard and they will not have time to react.

Zardock (Group 27)

Ulric darksoul
Assassin

Post by Ulric darksoul »

The way of Khaine has many forms. If there is blood to offer him, then he'll be pleased. I'll follow what you suggest, but remember this.

Ulric will draw his weapons, and crouch at the side of Zardock.

OOC: Sorry for metagaming ;)

Ulric Darksoul
Equipment:
120g+12g

Jungly
Cold One Knight

Post by Jungly »

Accrilla drew her crossbow and waited till she was signaled to shoot by the others.
Then she looked at her crossbow and gave a silent groan, there was not one arrow in it. My arrows are by my belt and I can not reload with out being seen. I will have to get into the close combat.

Accrilla gripped her short sword and silently shinned her way up a yew that hung over the two asur spearmen.Their ridiculous white robes making them visible from about three miles away.

When she reached the top she poised ready to jump when the two khainits distracted the spearmen with their charge, she would then, have time to recover from her fall before the asur saw and attacked her.
Dauricha
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Dauricha »

The quickly whispered plans to each other, and they made ready to act on them, except no one had thought of a signal to go on. They each expected the other to signal. So it was as Accrilla crept up a tree that the Asur archers realised their presence. The two archers instantly started firing up into the tree where the shade had hoped to attack from. Arrows thunked into the branches around Accrilla. Her plan ruined she tried to make her way down the tree again, but in her haste her foot slip and she fell from it with a body shaking thud.

The others had not been idle, and the warriors and the khanites were charging as the shade fell from the tree.

The moment her Asur cousins began to fire on Accrilla, Yvierna opened fire on one of the archers aiming for the neck, her first bolt went wide by a fingers width, the second however found it mark as did the third and fourth. The archer collapsed to the dirt, blood fountaining out from around the bolts. Yvierna pleased with her work turned to fire on the second archer, but clearly the high elf had seen the risk, and had disappeared into the shadows on the otherside of the clearing, firing an arrow before moving to another spot and firing again.

The warrior and the two khainites had charged forward and engaged the spear elves. Zardock leapt into the air at the last moment so that he pounced on the elf head, the spear point whistled past below his feet as he tackled the Asur to the ground. He lost one of his sword in the process but the other he was pushing ever so slowly towards his exposed neck, whilst the high elf pushed back with all his might. Ulric was only a step behind Zardock, but was met by the spears of the two other elves, he nimble stepped aside from the wicked heads of their spears. They pressed forwards their advantage bashing their shields as one solid wall of hard wood and metal, knocking the trainee to the ground. Ulric managed to keep hold of his weapons though, but it would be near impossible to block both blows of the spear elves as they came forward to skewer their prey.

Katon arrived just behind the trainee's and as the spears reached for Ulric he knocked them aside with a mighty two handed sweep of his sword. He brought his shield forwards to bash one of the spear elves in the face, he felt the satisfying sound of crumbling metal and bone as the elf fell. Before he could finish him off though the remaining spear elf had recovered and drove his spear at the warrior. His shield caught the blow but it was delivered with such force that he was knocked back a step unable to kill the fallen spear elf.

Isilvar stood back, stunned for a few moments not knowing what to do. He watched as the four sword Asur attacked Shadowfang. He crumpled a shield with one swing of his might hammer, the sound of broken bones lost in the scream of the elf. The other three came forward and lashed out with swords, that did little but leave scratches in his plate armor. He brought his hammer round again in a whooshing arc, that knocked one of the elves off his feet, pressing his advantage he broke the Asur's neck with a stamp of his heavy armored boot. The other two and the wounded elf, who's arm was hanging limply at its side came forwards again with blade, causing the highborn to back step as he block lighting swipes and serpent quick thrusts.
Zardock
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Zardock »

Zardock noticed the shade falling from the tree, and decided that the time to charge was now. Rushing forwards with Katon and Ulric, Zardock leapt into the air at the approaching warriors, luckily dodging a spear thrust as it passed underneath him.

Crashing down on top of the Asur, Zardock lost his longer sword in the impact. Oh great, well my dagger will spill blood this day! His only hope was to slash the elf's throat before his companions could assist. However the asur had blocked the strike to his throat and was resisting with all his might, yet Zardock's blade was slowly inching towards his opponents neck.

I'm stronger than this pitiful excuse for an elf, but I cannot wait to see this contest of strength to the end

The Asur was completely focused on the task of preventing Zardocks blade slitting his throat. With his free arm, Zardock draws back and delivers a blow to the Asur's helmeted head stunning him for a second, his grip weakening on his own blade. Driving his blade home, Zardock feels the hot flow of blood from his victims neck, spraying across his face and dying the white streaks in his hair a vivid crimson.

Noticing that Katon and Ulric were battling two more spear weilding elves, and that Shadowfang was confronting three more opponents, Zardock decides that helping the Highborn will help his cause.

After finishing off the Asur he was grappling with, Zardock will recover his sword and rush to the help of Shadowfang, hoping that the three elves are occupied and his surprise will catch them off guard

Zardock (Group 27)

Ulric darksoul
Assassin

Post by Ulric darksoul »

Accrilla started climbing a nearby tree, making enough noise to be noticed. As the asur start firing, Accrilla fell. That's our signal, lets move, move, move! As Katon and Zardock move forward, Ulric began to breath easily to slow his frenzy. calm down, you need to focus. Don't enter qite yet into bloodlust

As they charged, Zardock sprinted and jumped toward the elves. As he did so, Ulric run behind him with his dagger in his right and his sword in his left, trying to analyze every move form the asur. Zardock tackled one of the spearelf leaving the other two to Ulric.

Remember your training. If they have spears, they'll attack first. Just faint your move, proyect your attack, and anticipate theirs. As he expected, both spearelves make an attack, which he dodge one of them stepping to one side and parrying the second one with his sword.

Now, they're mine With a second swing of his sword, he sprinted toward his enemies, leaping forward to cease the initiative.

However, he didn't count on bouncing of the shields. He landed in front of the two elves who have their spears pointing anywhere, he made a quick turn to use the momentum to cut his opponent to his right. Suddenly, in the turn, he recieved a punch he didn't expected. The two elves put their shields together and push forward while he was turning, unbalancing him and make him fall. Fatal error. With a quick reflect, Ulric finished his turn, landing in his back, just to see how the two lances where going straight to him.

A shadow came from his side. Katon's sword struck the two spears to one side. Ulric smiled and stand as fast as he could Prease be Khaine. My life have been selected to continue his work He quickly saw as one elf recieved Katon's shield, while the other recovered from the blow and pointed his spear to him. This is my opportunity.

As the spear elf has his attention in Katon, Ulric will stand up and attack him. He'll deviate the spear to a side, and put himself behind the elf, by rotating using the elf as an axis when he goes close enough, and cut his throat, gabring the elf's head

OOC: it is a 5 ~ 10 second move, fully detailed ;)

Ulric Darksoul
Equipment:
120g+12g

Jungly
Cold One Knight

Post by Jungly »

Having fallen from the tree in her disarsteris retreat . Accrila lay gasping for breath, waiting for the pain in her body to subside enough for her to move. . She knew that if she was going to survive, she had better think fast. She had fallen hard,[/i]but by some unnatural luck I seem to be O.K .the Khainites would without doubt have believed this to be the blessings of khain, By even greater luck no-one had attacked her yet[/i]. A plan started to form in her mind.
She will move in the direction of the remaining high elf bowman using her stealth abillity to keep out of the asur’s sight. She will not approach accross the clearing where the high elfs spears will prove hard to beat. Instead she will go into the trees sneaking up on the asur bowman. As she reaches him she will jump on him from the back trying to knock him over with the momentum of her leap and stab him in the back of the neck with her blade.
Equipment:Short Sword, Repeater Crossbow, Shade Cloak.
Other things: She has a long scar down her right arm.
Skills: Basic Stealth.
WS:5
Last edited by Jungly on Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slogen
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Slogen »

"Damn that a cursed asur, show yourself and your see true markmanship Yvierna snarled as she mentally cursed the asur bowman, currently hiding away.

Well then...he's going to be an annoyance unless someone silences him and I'm not going to trust a shade who cant stay up in a tree with anything

Deciding that the hidden archer was a potentially fatel threat, Yvierna planned her next move, she would use the trees around the clearing for cover, circling untill she caught sight of the arhcer, then she'd run him through, she drew her blade and began to set off.

Careful not to make much noise she will remain deep enough in the trees to remain hidden from the fighting asur, while close enough to the combat that she can fire into it if neccesary, she will skirt the clearing in this way in search of the hidden archer, if she does find him she will attempt to run him through with the blade before he has time to react

Katon
Highborn

Post by Katon »

The crack of tree branches was signal enough and Katon and the Trainees set off in full flight. Regardless of his Elven speed he was out matched by the lighter un-armoured Trainees. ‘Suits me fine, saves me drawing my Shield if I have two meat shields of my own’.

With Acrcilla lying on the floor some where out of the way Katon passes her off as useless and that the 3 of them looked like they would have to save the Highborn.

Zardock took down his adversary with easy and it looked as if Ulric fancied his chances as he went head on into the remaining two Spear Elves. Sadly causing nothing more than for them to recoil at the impact of the charge. Still it gave Katon enough time to dawn his Shield and proceed to introduce it to one of their adversary’s faces. The all too amusing sound of cracking bone, bringing a smile to his face as he retracts his Shield to catch a glimpse of the Elf falling to the ground.

Parrying the remaining Spear Elf attack Katon attempts to force the remaining Elf’s focus on him, knowing that Ulric is the faster and presumably deadlier combatant.

A handful of less than poetic verbal exchanges between Katon and the Spear Elf should hopefully ensure he is the target of retaliation. Along with the bellowing and jeering at the High Elf Katon orders out to the group. More to do with the fact he is fired up rather than being bossy.
“Ulric finish that one, I’ll soften this one up a little.”
The order does make Katon feels somewhat masterful though, he is so used to taking orders rather than giving.

Katon will attempt to keep the remaining Elf focus on him, hopring someone will finish the Elf on the floor off or come to his aid and dispatch there present foe with haste.
Dauricha
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Dauricha »

OOC: Once again DreadLordHauclir hasn't posted today I'm not sure what do to do so will keep him alive for the moment. IF any of you can contact him It would be much appreciated.

IC: The fighting continued, Katon faced the last standing spear elf, who came at him again. The dark elf wasn't able to raise his shield in time however, and it skimmed over the top to cut into his cheek, the wound wasn't deep, but it bleed freely as he snarled at the high elf. He had the elf's attention though as Ulric sprang into action. Grasping the spear he used it to swing himself round to the back of the spear elf. He finished his fast acrobatics just behind the Asur, and with a fluid motion slit the elf's throat. The high elf collapsed to the floor, his life blood spreading in a pool around him. Katon strode over to the other high elf still on the floor. Blood covered the Asur's face where his nose had been broken. He had just enough time to remove his crumpled helmet, as Katon planted his sword into the elf's chest. Removing it the warrior and the khainite looked around to see who to attack next.

Zardock relished the feeling of the elf's life blood pumping over him. It covered in and he drank from it with glee. The rage of Khaine was upon him, an uncontrollable frenzy swept over him, He saw only red as he stalked towards his play, laughing like a mad man. He came up behind the elf with the broken arm, driving both his blades clean through the back of the high elf's torso, to burst out the front in a shower of cold steel and blood. He wrench one of the blades free and slit the elf throat, he saw through it till it came clean off. He drank the fountain of blood as it came out, lost in the frenzy of his lord Khaine.

The two shades were taking a more calculated fighting style. From either sides of the clearing they closed in on where they had last seen the remaining high elf bowman. The both crept through the forests, like the born woodsmen they were, not making a sound, and partly camouflaged by their cloaks. Despite the high elf's brighter robes they couldn't make the archer out. It was Yvierna who made a noise, her crossbow lightly scrapped against the bark of a conifer. The high elf sprung his attack, and was behind the female shade, with a dagger pressed heavily to her throat before Accrila could do anything. The other shade saw the tussle but was unable to shot out of fear of hitting the other shade. So there was a stand off.
Ulric darksoul
Assassin

Post by Ulric darksoul »

Ulric finish that one, I’ll soften this one up a little Giving this instruction, Katon lost a bit of attention of his opponent, giving the window to be struck. Ulric wanted to be quicker than what happened, but still managed to do his acrobatics. With a clean cut, he opened the elf's neck BLOOD FOR YOU, MY LORD KHAINE! He saw then as Katon quickly killed the other. two five down, for to go. Now it would be good instant to get into frenzy. As the corpse of his victim springed blood in beams, he licked his dagger, so the taste of blood will initiate the state. He saw as Zardock started laughing, notoriously already in the state, and become more deadly than he really seemed to be.

Now's my turn

As quick as he could, Ulric cut the distance toward the sword elves, jumping in his haste to descend over the first one and stricking the second.

Ulric will lick his dagger, sprint toward the swordelfs and jump at the last instant, so he will surprise his oponent. If he can knocks the guy to the ground, he'll use the momentum bending himself and while the first opponent hits the ground, hell jump again sword first to a second oponent, which he'll engage if he don't kill him

Ulric Darksoul
Equipment:
120g+12g