Looking for new players- Group 28

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Looking for new players- Group 28

Post by Drainial »

Group 28 has been running for some time now and we have had fun with it, unfortunately there have been several drop outs lately and with only one player currently active I am looking to bring in some new blood. Hopefully a can slot you in to replace the current characters. I know it doesn’t make much sense but the story is at a point where it would be almost impossible to write anyone in quickly.

If you are interested then please post here with your character from the pool (it just makes it a little more convenient for me). I am looking for two or three committed people. Thank you

-Drainial, Mod Group 28.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Fire breath
Slave on the Altar

Post by Fire breath »

I would like to play

name:Zordoon
height:2.1m
weight:100kg
character class:shade

Description:a tall elf with purple eyes and long black hair.
he walks with a air of utter confidence and his expression
is usually blank and unreadable

Background:he like any normal shade, grew up in the spine.
His life was pretty normal. He enjoys fighting, especially
when he wins. He also enjoys tracking, and loves the feeling of stalking his prey.

Equipment :Short Sword, Repeater Crossbow, Shade Cloak

WS 5 S 3 T 3 D 4 I 3
Ubba
Trainee Warrior

Post by Ubba »

name: charcoal beastbaron
H:2.3m
W:180kg
class:warrior
[b]description :a large elf who stands higher than most.
with a barrel chest,long limbs and thick muscle. His eyes are very large, dark black with a slight hint of red. He has a roundish face with high set cheek bones and short cut, dark black hair. He wears a dark purple cloak with matching shoes made and a small talisman around his neck

background He has no idea of his original origin, but as a baby he was found by a group of marauders who had made their home in the spine. They took him in and from a early age he was taught the sword. He was particularly skilled and because the more fighters you had the better chance you had of surviving, so any child who had any skill what so ever was given special attention and because he was the best of the bunch the chieftain himself decided to teach him personally.

And as he progressed even further into man hood the chieftain fostered him seeing the value of having a son who was a great fighter and that was where he got his name from and his cloak and boots were presents after he won a tournament that all the young men competed in. But then disaster struck the clan was attacked at night by a rival clan and he was the only one who managed to survive.

He was out with the horses and hounds feeding and grooming them(actually his favorite job.He liked the animals more than most of the elves and if he had to pick a friend from the clan, the he would have chosen a dog) He saw the attackers creep up on the clan and raced to the his clan's weapon stack.

It was dark in the small hut and the first things that caught his eye were a long sword a crossbow and a shield, fortunately he already had his armour on. So he immediately grabbed the sword and shield and fled because he had seen the number of elves creeping up and he had no wish to die yet. There were at least a hundred of them.

It was a long week of hard traveling to escape the spine but finally he stumbled out into a small town. He had just walked into a tavern to order a drink when a big man walked up to him and offered him a place as his personal body guard (to Charcol this seemed the best option available because he had nothing else to do, and the man also offerred to buy him a drink the deal was made).

After a while of working for the man he learned that he was a commander for a wealthy noble,and his name was Lererd and after a couple of weeks there came a urgent request from the noble the Lererd worked for asking Lererd to find as many mercenaries as possible.

And so Lererd sent him, and that was how he first became a mercenary After that he worked as a mercenary in several armies until now .

equipment, longsword shield and light armour
WS 5
S 5
T 5
D 1
I 2
Meteor
Executioner

Post by Meteor »

I'll have a go.

Name: Jacks (M)
Height/Weight: 160cm/60kg

Other Descriptions: Slim and well built, pure black hair, dark brown eyes and slightly tanned skin. Cautious, unsocial, finds things troublesome but still does them, hard personality but soft heart. A scar down the right shoulder.

Class: Shade

Background: Jacks wasn't born with a personality of that like his kindred, he didn't possess the murderous instinct his fellow kindred had. That joy of stealing, maiming, killing, murdering. It was an odd emotion to Jacks, alien almost, he didn't understand that joy, the rest of his family and brethren laughed at his abnormality. His mother loathed him, regretting to had raised such a useless child. "Why didn't I sacrifice you to the Witch Elves over your brother" Jacks always could hear her mumble under her breath. If his father ever felt the same way, he never showed. As such, Jacks grew to also resent his mother, fights and curses would fill the house often at night when either Jacks or his mother lost their temper, boiling down to a murderous clash of weapons and bolts. It was the only time Jacks felt he understood that distasteful instinct his kin took pride in as his respect for his mother trickled away like water in a cracked basin. His father would often intervene and quell the fighting, Jacks was always thankful for that, he grew tired hearing his mothers voice, that banshee's screech like a witch elf at night, but he despised losing himself to that hatred and anger the most.

As such, he was rarely ever approached by others during his schooling life, except for the occasion when a fellow shade peer would try and murder him. Such was the way life worked, every day his number of peers would dwindle as they were assassinated in the night or killed in a spar.

During his time in the academy, he met a fellow peer named Tiarra who he found to be reliable and of a less insane mind. She was the only elf who bothered to learn about him, who was curious about his so called abnormality and accepted him despite his lack of an addicition for savagery. They worked well together during missions, Jacks was finally able to understand joy out of it, but the source of the joy was far different to the source of joy his fellow twisted kin bathed in.

At the age of 200 however, such fleeting moments of happiness evaporated. Jacks and Tiarra grouped together with a third peer named Leifon who had attempted to assassinate Jacks multiple times in the past. She was the only opponent who Jacks had no interest in slaying for her efforts. Their task took them far off to the coast where for the next four years they stood watching the movements of a High Elf band that was gathering. They often ambushed their supplies to restock, Leifon and Tiarra would occasionally go beyond the necessity and slay a score of the wretches and set camps on fire where possible. Jacks would join the fray from time to time. On a particular night, Leifon and Tiarra went on to sabotage another supply train that Jacks had no interest in joining. It was that night, Jacks had much to resent and regret. Hours had gone by since the disappearance of the pair, the fire on their campsite was reduced to its last few embers before Leifon appeared without Tiarra. Leifon led Jacks to the scene immediately, upon arrival at the site, there lay Tiarra slain amidst the bodies of their hated cousins. Grief struck Jacks hard, but as he bent low over Tiarra's broken body, Jacks immediately recognised the fatal wound dealt to Tiarra as Leifon's doing, over 150 years of schooling together in the academy, he recognised the wounding method well. No sooner had the realisation dawned in and his rage built up did Leifon strike Jacks. The blow was parried and their duel went on and on before Leifon scattered into the shadows, leaving Jacks with a bloody gash across his right arm from the bloody melee.

Jacks had learnt hatred at that point, and fully understood the type of joy his twisted kin experienced, for that was the only form of joy he could feel now. The anticipation of the hunt and ensuing torture he'd inflict upon Leifon was all he felt now. Picking up a nearby brazier he set his first and possibly last friend's body on fire. As the flames licked and died down at sunrise, he noticed a glimmer amongst the ashes as he bent down to pick them up. It was Tiarra's hairpin, a sinister contraption that fired needles out. It was a treasure he retained, serving as a remembrance of Tiarra, but also an ambition to slay the murderer Leifon he was now to hunt.

He abandoned his task, his team had gathered sufficient intel to satisfy the examiners regardless. His resolve now hardened, he begun the hunt for Leifon, taking joy in nothing more than the anxiety and fear Leifon must be living in now, relishing in the maiming and killing of the one who brought the twisted joy that his kin lives by, into his life. After a year of searching, his hunt now has lead him to the city of Vikarh where he hopes to find clues to her whereabouts as he stops by to restock his camping supplies.

Stats: WS: 4
S : 2
T : 2
D : 5
I : 5

Equipment: Short Sword
Repeater Crossbow
Shade Cloak

Skills: Basic Stealth
What's mine is mine, What's yours is mine.
Now that we understand each other, lets get down to business.

Jacks -Shade
- WS 5 - - S 3 - - T 2 - - D 6 - - I 5 -

Equipment
Short Sword, MC Long Sword*, Dagger, RxB & RHB [20/10] MC Shade Cloak, 4 Throwing Daggers, 3x Healing Vials, 451C, [3]Dark Venom, [4]Unseen Chains, Food, Dark Steed- Spike

Skills
Basic Stealth, Awareness, TWF, Suithenlu Khythan, Ride

Magic Item
Eye of the Jabberwock

*Magical properties possibly imbued
Vaari
Black Guard

Post by Vaari »

Name - Seijl Illydrien

Height/Weight - 6' 5'' -/77kg

Description - Of slight build with dark close cropped hair that is sporting a few flecks of white. Most notable are his facial scars, a small criss-cross on his right cheek from a bolt and a large gash that reaches from his temple, over the eye and down to the bottom of his left cheek. A drooping lid suggests blindness which is feigned by Seijl.

Age - 177

Character Class - Shade

Character Background:

There are some nights where Seijl curses the day of his true birth, thinking that it may have been better to have had his life drowned out by the blistering snow or crushed within the dreaded jaws of a wolf. Yet these moments of weakness are fleeting, the result of many long evenings of being left alone with his thoughts, all the while seeking his next prey to fixate on, for all that matters now is the hunt.

Seijl cares little for the Spire-dwellers and harbors little desire to spend time among his own shadowy brethren. But there is one thing that draws them together, that binds them to each other unlike any other cluster of Druchii. And that is their mutual grudge against the wastrel usurpers of Clar Karond. The city may hold little call for ones who have left the debauch halls for the whispering fringe, yet that slight upon their honor will not rest.

The isolation of the crags of the BlackSpire mountains have taken their toll on Seijl. Cold obsidian carved itself a niche out on his face, reminding him that not all dangers hold human form. Though far from intellectual, Seijl remains a canny creature keeping himself sharp, ever hunting, his keen feel it kiss their necks. The victory must be close in order for Deijl to taste if fullyl, there is no greater reward in this world for Seijl other than to have his enemies last breath caress his face.

For now, he waits for news, for needs of his service to his Lord or the richer fate, that of tracking down and silencing those who betrayed his clan kin. For as suited to the wilds Seijl maybe is, he is first a killer, who will gladly hunt his mark to wherever that may lead.

Character Stats

- WS 4 - - S 3 - - T 3 - - D 4 - - I 4 -

Equipment

Short Sword, Repeater Crossbow, Shade Cloak.

Skills

Basic Stealth
- WS 6 - - S 3 - - T 3 - - D 4 - - I 4 -
Equipment
MC Light Armour, MC Buckler, MC Longsword,, Repeater Crossbow, Dagger w/ UC, Dagger w/ DV Shade Cloak. Field Kit (Healing x3), Vials of Unseen Chains (x3 uses) , Vials of Dark Venom (x4 uses) , Lamia Fang, Harpy Claws
Circlets : 260, , Emerald Eye (200Circ.) Rations: 10/10 Bolts: 16/20 , Null Stone
Skills
Basic Stealth - Heal
Naggarothian hunger
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Naggarothian hunger »

Name: Loathren
H: 6'5"
W: 165lbs

Description: Loathren has long black hair and he wears it in a high ponytail, red eyes and he also has several scares all over his body from constant fighting.

Class: Warrior

Background:
Youngest born to a Lesser noble of Naggaroth, of which provides warriors to the Greater noble houses. Loathren's father, Malefric, trained him and his brothers hard in the ways of a Druchii warrior, from an early age he knew the ways of Druchii society, how cut-throat it could be and he knew always not to fully trust the word of another Druchii and especially another noble. So when that faithful day came, during one of the many Druchii raids on Ulthuan, that another Lesser noble house would strike at Loathren's father with poison blade, would fill Loathren with spite, his fathers dying words to his sons that served with him on the battlefield were "Let my death be a lesson to you three, never fully trust another Druchii!" Years have past since then and with his father's death all the wealth went to Loathren's oldest brother Kraiven, who continues to provide service to the Greater noble houses, Urien, the second born of Malefric, moved on and now owns a pleasure house and lives a life of debauchery, Loathren serves under his brother Kraiven as a lieutenant to his warrior regiment. Loathren isn't content with being second though, but he will not strike out at his brother, as is custom in Druchii society of constant advancement, he wishes to make a name for himself and to find and torture the lesser noble that killed his father.

Character states:

WS: 4
S: 4
T: 3
D: 4
I: 3

Equipment:

Longsword, Shield, and Light Armor

Skills: none
What we need is hatred. From it our ideas are born.

Let them hate me, so that they will but fear me.
Malus99
Scourge
Scourge

Post by Malus99 »

If you are still looking for new characters I have just made one:

Character Name: Sirulleathe

Character Height and Weight: 6’2”. 164lb

Character Age: 74

Other Descriptions: Shoulder length white hair, Amethyst-coloured eyes, lithe and thin, graceful and economical in his movements, he wears plain black cloth garments designed for ease of movement with a voluminous hood which he occasionally draws up when he has need of stealth. Sirulleathe has long-fingered hands sheathed in supple elf-skin gloves dyed black and reinforced with dwarf hide at the palms and fingertips, his skin has a light grey pallor, darker than most Druchii’s from years in the shadowed forests, absorbing what twisted light filtered through to the forest floor.

Character Class: Trainee of Khaine

CHARACTER STATS:

Weapon Skill (WS): 5
Strength (S): 3
Toughness (T): 2
Dexterity (D): 4
Intelligence (I): 4

EQUIPMENT:

Sirulleathe carries his Witch Elf blade (short sword) and the dagger his father gifted him

SKILLS:

Two Weapon Fighting, Uncontrollable Frenzy.

Background:

Sirulleathe was born to a minor noble family in the city of Har Ganeth, he was presented with a dagger on his 8th birthday and would often disappear into the forests near the walls of his home city for days at a time where he practiced pastimes such as whittling and vivisecting small animals. He became adept at hunting and came to know the forest very well. During his twelfth year, Sirulleathe stayed out in the forests for several weeks, a test of his survival abilities. Losing track of time, he returned late at night after twenty five days, unfortunately, he chose the twisted Khainite celebration of death night to return to the city. Cornered in an alley by a witch elf, Sirulleathe managed to slay her by climbing a building to a balcony, which he was forced off by an angry household guard, and jumping on her from above with his trusty dagger, though she managed to stick her sword through his shoulder in return. Delirious from the pain and the poison, Sirulleathe took the witch elf’s swords and stumbled out of the city to the one place he felt safe, the forest. Wandering in the moonlight, Sirulleathe came across a Druchii in a white robe wielding a large two-handed sword; Sirulleathe attacked the stranger, but was knocked unconscious.

The Druchii, named Havarr, decided to take care of Sirulleathe and nurse him back to health, perhaps intrigued by this child bearing a witch’s blades. Havarr was a devotee of the God of Murder, he took Sirulleathe under his wing, and trained him to become a deadly killer. However, one night several decades after Sirulleathe first met Havarr, they were set upon by a small band of Druchii warriors and a sorceress. The warriors fared badly against Havarr and Sirulleathe, but the sorceress was a foe neither had encountered before or had any defence against, she killed Havarr with black magic, and faded into the night when Sirulleathe hurled one of his swords at her, trying to take revenge. Driven into a berserk fury, Sirulleathe butchered the last few warriors and then collapsed with exhaustion. The following morning, he cremated his mentor and tried to find his lost sword, but to no avail, leaving him with only the one that had so nearly killed him all those years ago, and his dagger.

Sirulleathe has spent the years since hunting for the killer of his Mentor, and whoever hired her to hunt down Havarr, his search has lead him to Vikarh, where he has decided to become a sell sword, so that he can honour his debt to Khaine with the blood of his foes, and also to fund his search for those who killed his mentor.

I have a more detailed version of this background, but it was rather long, it did go some way to explaining how what is a toddler to Druchii society managed to slay a witch elf, but essentially it was down to underestimation and surprise.
Veni, Vidi, Voro!!!

All things perish, this is the law of existence, accept your suffering and your mortality, only by using this truth, can you transcend it.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Ah, I should probably have attended to this earlier. Sorry Malus99 but group 28 has as many as it needs for now, so I will lock this thread. -Drainial.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Gentleman of Moderation
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

I am resurrecting this thread because group 28 needs some more people again. If you are interesting in joining then please post your character here for convenience sake. The one thing I would say though is that any new characters will be written in initially as low level mercenary retainers of the lord who employs the current group so your backgrounds should take that into account.

-Drainial group 28 mod

Gentleman of Moderation
Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Carathyle maveric »

Count me in With Carathyle maveric ;)

Name: Carathyle Maveric
Height/weight: Average Elf
Other: Short black hair, combined with blood red eyes and muscled build. He has 4 tattoo's on each of his limbs, mostly being interrupted by scars. 2 Star dragons on his lower back as a tattoo, a black dragon on his chest, the tattoo's on his limbs are small, tribal runes, all 4 without meaning.
Equipment: Well maintained armor which is decorated with gold and silver, Long Sword, Shield, Black cloak.

Background:
Being a High noblemen's son of birth, Carathyle was always interested in becoming a noble Protector of Naggarond. His father, under the order of malekith, sent his son toward the Witch King. Carathyle, being forced into the army at the age of 50, was before this age badly treated by his father. Feeling a grudge toward him, Carathyle wasn't planning on setting a foot on his own lands. Unfortunately his first order was to get rid of his own father, at their private residence in Har Ganeth. Suprised that this order came from Malekith himself, Carathyle knew that he needed at least a few extra men, knowing that his father always has a small armed force near himself. The men he got were inexperienced and expendable, even in Carathyle's eyes. The journey to Har Ganeth was long from Naggarond, and after days of walking without stopping the small force set foot within the city. While he knew the town like the back of his hand, he knew that his father had betrayed the people of his city, making them suffer so he would gain even more gold.

'Cover up your weapons until we're inside the actual residence of my father.' He whispered toward the men behind him. He pulled his cloak over his armor and walked toward the residence while looking around if he saw his father anywhere. All the people who saw Carathyle recognized him without a problem, and greeted him kindly. 'Why are you back in town, young master?' Some of the civilians asked. 'I'm here for business.' Carathyle said short while he kept on walking. Within a few minutes he stood before the large home where he used to live. The gates were open and guard were in front of the door. Carathyle walked up to the guards and stopped walking. His men, who kept following him as ordered, stopped behind him. 'Halt! Who are you and what is your business here?!' One of the guards said while pointing the spear toward Carathyle. 'My name is Carathyle Maveric, I wish to speak to my father.' he stated knowing that they won't let him inside. The guards looked at each other. After a few words they both pointed their spears toward Carathyle. 'You are not allowed to be here, leave at once or pay with your life!' they spoke at the same time. Carathyle kept standing still. The guards of his father lacked training, and skills with their weapons. As a child he fought with them for fun, and he was evenly matched back then. Now he had training in real combat, and he was assured of his victory by this fact. One of the guards was tired of Carathyle and charged the noble soldier. Carathyle stepped aside, knowing that the other would attack next. He grabbed the spear with one hand with such strength that he couldn't lose grip of it. The other guard charged in but was kicked away by one of his men. Carathyle pulled the spear out of the guards hands, throwing him down by tackeling him. He then slammed the spear point through the helmet of the guard, piercing both the helmet and the skull of the guard. His men killed off the remaining guard and then went inside.

Carathyle threw off his robe and grabbed the longsword by the handle, while walking inside. The men followed him, while unshedding their swords and wielding their shields. Without hesitation Carathyle walked up to the room where his father had to be and kicked the door open. His father, who was in the room, looked up and saw with great suprise his own son standing there. Carathyle unshetted his sword and walked up to the Noblemen who was his father and stopped walking. The look in his eyes said enough and he made himself ready to stab his father through the heart. 'Carathyle, drop the sword, you are surrounded by my guards.' his father spoke. Carathyle looked around him. The guards were there. "How could I have missed them?" went through Carathyle's mind. The guards lunged toward Carathyle, yet were interrupted by the soldiers that were with Carathyle. The soldiers and the guards fought, yet the battle was going one way. Carathyle, still knowing that his father was infront of him, quickly slashed his sword through the body of his father, who fell to the floor and stopped breathing. Carathyle then turned to his men and took a few of the guards out, but with a price that had to be paid. One of the guards got the better of Carathyle, and managed to get his sword into Carathyle's shoulder, while being pierced by the blade of the noble soldier.

Forgetting about the pain that he had because of this attack, he turned around, seeing that 3 of his men have lost their lives, while taking the guards with them. Only he and 1 of his soldiers were left alive. Carathyle, who was still suffering of the wound, grabbed his sword out of the dead body and shetted it. Hearing to footsteps behind him that were coming toward him at charging speed, he duck while grabbing one of the swords from the ground and turning around to see what was coming toward him. The soldier that was still alive, rose his sword and threw it with all his force toward Carathyle, who threw the sword that he picked up in front of it. Barely managing to keep the attacking blade at a distence, he quickly decided to take the blade of the soldier away. By putting all his force into his legs he jumped up, throwing the soldier off of his feet. Now he stood and charged toward the soldier, who wasn't expecting this turn of events. The soldier pointed the sword toward Carathyle, and covered his face for the blow. Carathyle, seeing this in a blink of an eye, jumped out of the way and stabbed the soldier in his neck, causing him to bleed and sufficate to death. He threw the blade that he wielded away and walked out of the house toward the stable. He requested a horse and he got one. To the salesman who gave him the horse he told of the event that just happend in the house, knowing that they will be better off now that his father is dead. On the horse he rode back to Naggarond to report the success of the mission.

WS:4
S:3
T:3
D:4
I:4

Carathyle Maveric:(Group 28 Warrior)
Ws:5 S:4 T:3 D:4 I:3
Equipment:
Enchanted* Obsidian Long sword, MC Light armour, Dark Steed(Sephirah), Shield, MC Longbow(89 arrows), 56 Circlets, Maibed Dagger, Asur Spear and Disguise.
Skills: Ride, Acrobatics
*Increased Strength, holds the soul of his father
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Well I had hoped for two new additions but welcome aboard Carathyle (do you prefer first or second name IC?)

I will write you in at the beginning of the next mission, first of all the current members have time to train for skills and buy equipment but I should be able to write you in sometime next week depending on response rate and the complexity of what the current members want to do with their game week off.

In the meantime you should read some of the old posts to get to know the characters a little as well as the general plot but as I doubt you want to wade through all 24 pages I will summarise the events so far.

The original group; consisting of Syjahel, Khalea, Sinfulblade, Malus and Ghost was recruited for an undisclosed task by and agent of Lord Sultra, a wealthy and influential yet reclusive lord in Vikrha. Upon being taken to his estate they were asked to investigate strange goings on in tunnels under his estate.

The group found that these strange goings on were caused by the appearance of mole men, beastmen of chaos living under the ground. Ghost (a shade played by Javert) was killed very early on (Javert found that he could not keep his commitments to the group time wise.) The others managed to escape certain death through the intervention of Sultra's guards. It later transpired that far from investigating the group had been sent down as bait to draw enough of the mole men into one spot that they could be massacred all at once. The surviving members were less than happy with their lord's conduct especially Syjahel.

After a brief pause the group was then sent to recover Sultra's daughter Naylia who had been kidnapped by house Dalvar. It was at this point that a new character, Ildren, was added to the group. The group set out but found that they could not get to the estate house which was beyond the city walls. Partially because of this they elected to follow a street urchin who had tried to rob them who claimed to know a way out of the city. During this time Malus and Sinfulblade had a serious falling out, Malus fled away from the group and Sinfulblade's pursuit was only stopped when he paused to kill Ildren in his blind furry (Ildren had ceased to post without warning).

This proved to be a trap and the boy led the group to an underground chamber full of criminals and molemen in cages. Malus was deposited into this room after the group having been accosted by the same gang of thugs. The thugs attempted to capture the group for the experiments that were taking place but proved to be no match for the mercenaries. However the leader of the criminal gang, an elf known as 'the doc' emerged and using sorceress liquid turned a portion of the floor and two of his henchmen into monsters which the group struggled to defeat.

At this point a new character, Dareth, was introduced having been captured by the thugs and trapped inside one of the cages. He managed to free himself and kill 'the doc'. In the aftermath of this battle the situation between Sinfulblade and Malus came to a head and Malus was killed (such is the nature of a Druchii RPG).

After a brief confrontation over the leadership of the group Dareth (suitably chastened) joined the group and they searched the laboratory of 'the doc'. However almost immediately Dareth stopped posting. The others found trinkets of various sorts of which only one, a brass canister which sprays a rapidly hardening concrete like liquid, has been used.

The group then found a passageway back into the same tunnels as run under Sultra's estate (thus solving the mystery of where the mole men come from) and found that the tunnels also led beneath the Dalver estate. After a hard fight they gained access and eventually found their way into a plush drawing room with two minor nobles in it. One of the minor nobles proved to be a superb fighter and killed Dareth (lack of posting). At this point Seijl and Jacks were introduced. Together the group killed the troublesome lord and took the second noble (a female named Amaranth) hostage forcing her to lead them to Naylia.

The group are almost immediately betrayed by Amaranth and are forced to fight their way through another lot of guards but then find her trying to take Naylia away. Upon the group's arrival Naylia unexpectedly stabs Amaranth with her own knife and comes with the group. The group escape back into the tunnels but Khalea is killed by the perusing guards (lack of posting).

The group make their way back to Sultra's tower without further mishap and Naylia is returned to her father. The group takes its first week off and learn new skills and buy new equipment. They are told to meet Sultra in one week’s time.

When the group duly turns up they are given a new task, discover the source of a slave merchant's rampant and unnatural success. The merchant (named Polius Kaldrek) is found after some digging and bribing to be managing an unprecedented turnover of slaves with almost no time for slave to be fattened up after their long sea voyage. With some political wrangling the group secured the aid of a minor port official in gaining entrance to Kaldrek's warehouse. Investigating there they find that there is some magic substance being added to the slaves' food. While searching the upper quarters of the building however the group were attacked by a Lamia vampire and were forced to flee. The group escaped successfully with information and four of Kaldreks slaves (who had helped them during the raid) however Sinfulblade was bitten by the Lamia and lapsed into a semi comatose state.

On returning to Sultra the group gave their report and were told to come back early the next morning for fresh instructions. Sinfulblade was left in the infirmary in order to be treated (Messiah of death who plays Sinful was himself taken seriously ill and was unable to continue playing but requested that Sinful be kept alive so that he could rejoin the group after his recovery).

This plan is altered somewhat however when the inn in which the group were staying (the Harping Harpy) is set on fire causing the group to decamp with all their posetions to the street along with the other customers. It quickly becomes apparent that it was the inn's slaves who were behind the arson and that said slaves have been driven into a state of mad aggression. They are easily dealt with but another far larger mob of slaves soon appears forcing the assembled Druchii to fight for their lives. Some of the elves in the inn die during the attack but the rest elect to follow the group to the safety of Sultra's tower.

On reaching the tower the group find Sultra in conference with Keilbrad, a master of the Black Guard. It is quickly decided that they will make a sortie and form a strike force consisting of the mercenaries, some of Sultra's guards, a contingent of Black Guard and the surviving elves from the inn led by Sultra himself (the first time he has taken on an action role).

The Tower itself is attacked by slaves and they are forced to cut their way through which sets the tone for the march to the docks in which they fight several mobs of enraged slaves including one made up of ogres (used as heavy lifters in the dockyards). Several elves die during these fights.

Upon reaching the warehouse the groups split up with the mercenaries joined by some of Sultra's veterans storming the back entrance. They found themselves opposed by wights formed from the bodies and souls of the now dead slave guards and despite some hardship and loss win through. The forces recombine to take the second floor where they are opposed by an eclectic team of gladiator slaves backed by a Halfling mage. The mage escapes but the rest of the slaves are killed.

Finally making it up to the third floor the group are forced to fight the Lamia vampire, two magic users (the Halfling and a male Druchii sorcerer) and four animated statues. The mages are eventually dealt with by Seijl and Jacks while Syjahel along with Sultra and Keilbrad (with the aid of her brass canister) kill the Lamia. The Halfling is killed whilst the sorcerer was captured.

The Black Guard took the prisoners away and it was reported that Kaldrek himself has been killed by other forces which stormed his mansion on the orders of the city watch. The group returned to the tower and have been paid and offered lodgings within the tower due to their inn being destroyed along with a significant portion of the city. The remaining slaves have lapsed into a semi comatose state similar to the one which grips Sinfulblade and are no longer a threat. The group has been given a week off (IC, so that they can train and buy things) after which they will be given a new task.

I think that is a decent summary; you can see that we have not had the best luck with new additions to the group but I am sure you will make a fine addition. -Drainial

Gentleman of Moderation
Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

thanks, yeah I got them, though this isn't helping me understand the personality of the character.

Just before I make mistakes in the RPG(which would be stupid because I'm a mod myself), explain the standard requirements of the posts.

So, first a nice fluff story with the actions involved, and then underneath the post the summery of what the character would try or anything else?

PM me when I can join the actual group.

Equipment:
Enchanted* Obsidian Long sword, MC Light armour, Dark Steed(Sephirah), Shield, MC Longbow(89 arrows), 56 Circlets, Maibed Dagger, Asur Spear and Disguise.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Yes that is right, a piece of descriptive writing usually two-three paragraphs long. There is no limit as to how long or short they can be but better written posts lead to better chances of success, I don't use dice much so the correlation is fairly consistent. It also helps to stay in character, I might well punish a Khainite for hanging back in a fight for example while that would be fine for a shade. The underlined text summary at the bottom is just for my easy reference when writing up mod posts. I will PM you when we are ready to start the next chapter. -Drainial

Gentleman of Moderation
Vaari
Black Guard

Post by Vaari »

I sent Carathyle a PM, but sometimes they don't get through :)

I've just posted in our Rp thread that my character Seijl, is going back to Sultra's keep to look for a sparring partner. If you wanted you could write a post about sparring with Seijl and we could use that as a segue to your character joining our group.

Just an idea. :)

See you in the thread soon.

Vaari
Group 28
Name - Seijl Illydrien Class- Shade
Character Stats
- WS 6 - - S 3 - - T 3 - - D 4 - - I 4 -
Equipment
MC Light Armour, MC Buckler, MC Longsword,, Repeater Crossbow, Dagger w/ UC, Dagger w/ DV Shade Cloak. Field Kit (Healing x3), Vials of Unseen Chains (x3 uses) , Vials of Dark Venom (x4 uses) , Lamia Fang, Harpy Claws
Circlets : 260, , Emerald Eye (200Circ.) Rations: 10/10 Bolts: 16/20 , Null Stone
Skills
Basic Stealth - Heal
Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

I don't know if it's okay with Drainial, if he gives the go ahead, then I will use this opportunity.

Equipment:
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

I don't see how it would hurt, ok I will write it in that way just as soon as our wayward compatriots post. Syjahel did say she might have some trouble but I wonder what has happened to Meteor. -Drainial

Gentleman of Moderation
Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

thanks, I will use the opportunity to adjust my character to my likings ^_^

Name: Carathyle Maveric
Height/weight: Average Elf
Other: Short black hair, combined with blood red eyes and muscled build. He has 4 tattoo's on each of his limbs, mostly being interrupted by scars. 2 Star dragons on his lower back as a tattoo, a black dragon on his chest, the tattoo's on his limbs are small, tribal runes, all 4 without meaning.
Equipment: Well maintained armor which is decorated with gold and silver, Long Sword, Shield, Black cloak.

Background:
Being a High noblemen's son of birth, Carathyle was always interested in becoming a noble Protector of Naggarond. His father, under the order of malekith, sent his son toward the Witch King. Carathyle, being forced into the army at the age of 50, was before this age badly treated by his father. Feeling a grudge toward him, Carathyle wasn't planning on setting a foot on his own lands. Unfortunately his first order was to get rid of his own father, at their private residence in Har Ganeth. Suprised that this order came from Malekith himself, Carathyle knew that he needed at least a few extra men, knowing that his father always has a small armed force near himself. The men he got were inexperienced and expendable, even in Carathyle's eyes. The journey to Har Ganeth was long from Naggarond, and after days of walking without stopping the small force set foot within the city. While he knew the town like the back of his hand, he knew that his father had betrayed the people of his city, making them suffer so he would gain even more gold.

'Cover up your weapons until we're inside the actual residence of my father.' He whispered toward the men behind him. He pulled his cloak over his armor and walked toward the residence while looking around if he saw his father anywhere. All the people who saw Carathyle recognized him without a problem, and greeted him kindly. 'Why are you back in town, young master?' Some of the civilians asked. 'I'm here for business.' Carathyle said short while he kept on walking. Within a few minutes he stood before the large home where he used to live. The gates were open and guard were in front of the door. Carathyle walked up to the guards and stopped walking. His men, who kept following him as ordered, stopped behind him. 'Halt! Who are you and what is your business here?!' One of the guards said while pointing the spear toward Carathyle. 'My name is Carathyle Maveric, I wish to speak to my father.' he stated knowing that they won't let him inside. The guards looked at each other. After a few words they both pointed their spears toward Carathyle. 'You are not allowed to be here, leave at once or pay with your life!' they spoke at the same time. Carathyle kept standing still. The guards of his father lacked training, and skills with their weapons. As a child he fought with them for fun, and he was evenly matched back then. Now he had training in real combat, and he was assured of his victory by this fact. One of the guards was tired of Carathyle and charged the noble soldier. Carathyle stepped aside, knowing that the other would attack next. He grabbed the spear with one hand with such strength that he couldn't lose grip of it. The other guard charged in but was kicked away by one of his men. Carathyle pulled the spear out of the guards hands, throwing him down by tackeling him. He then slammed the spear point through the helmet of the guard, piercing both the helmet and the skull of the guard. His men killed off the remaining guard and then went inside.

Carathyle threw off his robe and grabbed the longsword by the handle, while walking inside. The men followed him, while unshedding their swords and wielding their shields. Without hesitation Carathyle walked up to the room where his father had to be and kicked the door open. His father, who was in the room, looked up and saw with great suprise his own son standing there. Carathyle unshetted his sword and walked up to the Noblemen who was his father and stopped walking. The look in his eyes said enough and he made himself ready to stab his father through the heart. 'Carathyle, drop the sword, you are surrounded by my guards.' his father spoke. Carathyle looked around him. The guards were there. "How could I have missed them?" went through Carathyle's mind. The guards lunged toward Carathyle, yet were interrupted by the soldiers that were with Carathyle. The soldiers and the guards fought, yet the battle was going one way. Carathyle, still knowing that his father was infront of him, quickly slashed his sword through the body of his father, who fell to the floor and stopped breathing. Carathyle then turned to his men and took a few of the guards out, but with a price that had to be paid. One of the guards got the better of Carathyle, and managed to get his sword into Carathyle's shoulder, while being pierced by the blade of the noble soldier.

Forgetting about the pain that he had because of this attack, he turned around, seeing that 3 of his men have lost their lives, while taking the guards with them. Only he and 1 of his soldiers were left alive. Carathyle, who was still suffering of the wound, grabbed his sword out of the dead body and shetted it. Hearing to footsteps behind him that were coming toward him at charging speed, he duck while grabbing one of the swords from the ground and turning around to see what was coming toward him. The soldier that was still alive, rose his sword and threw it with all his force toward Carathyle, who threw the sword that he picked up in front of it. Barely managing to keep the attacking blade at a distence, he quickly decided to take the blade of the soldier away. By putting all his force into his legs he jumped up, throwing the soldier off of his feet. Now he stood and charged toward the soldier, who wasn't expecting this turn of events. The soldier pointed the sword toward Carathyle, and covered his face for the blow. Carathyle, seeing this in a blink of an eye, jumped out of the way and stabbed the soldier in his neck, causing him to bleed and sufficate to death. He threw the blade that he wielded away and walked out of the house toward the stable. He requested a horse and he got one. To the salesman who gave him the horse he told of the event that just happend in the house, knowing that they will be better off now that his father is dead. On the horse he rode back to Naggarond to report the success of the mission.

Character Ambitions:
Is willing to train till he has mastered the art of fighting with two weapons, rather than a shield and a sword.
Skill wishlist:
Two Weapon Fighting
Ambidexterity
Climb
Acrobatics

WS:4
S:4
T:3
D:4
I:3
Equipment:(if I get this right)
2 Longswords, medium armour.

Hopefully, this is a good interpretation of the "new" rules for Character Creation.

Equipment:
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Attention one and all, I am resurrecting this thread because once again I am on the look out for new blood for group 28. More than just a new player I am specifically looking for a new character type to add a new tactical dimension. At the moment we have warriors and a shade, to open up some new options I need a Khainite or preferably a sorceress (Vauvalka don't work for internal reasons). Everyone in the pool at the moment is either a shade or a warrior I believe so I am opening this up to all comers. If you want to join the group PM me with your proposed character or with any questions you might have.

Hope to hear from some of you soon -Drainial

Gentleman of Moderation