Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Group 22 live chat RPG session - Organising & Discussion

Post by Kinslayer »

Group 22, Live Chat RPG!

Okay guys, you all know the idea I put forward recently about organising a live chat RPG session. Whether or not it will go ahead or be successful is yet to be seen, but if we can try to organise it that would be great. Use this thread for all comments and discussion rather than clog the game thread.

Judging by the times given, I see some time between 6pm - 10pm GMT being the best time to run the session.

This works for me personally, as I can not come online later than 10.30pm due to time restrictions on my internet. (damn thee, family!)

I'd suggest we first discuss if this can work for us all at any time, then try to arrange an exact time and date.

I still need to create a chatroom on the gamesurge network, but I'll see whats what with you guys before I do that.

You can access the chat here:

http://www.druchii.net/chat/chat.php
Sidorio
Assassin

Post by Sidorio »

I'm interested in trying it out at least once, my only concern is that if we do start to do this is that I don't think I'd be able to really be online unti 9pm GMT and thats assuming I get up earleir and forgo breakfast until later. That and after Feb I could only do it on Fridays and Saturdays GMT.

Still I'd like to try it out if others are willing.
Vash’nir - WS5 / S4 / T4 / D5 / I3
Equipment: 2 asrai short swords, assassins dagger, silver dagger, modified repeater crossbow (20/20), hunting spear, Cloak of Dusk, full leather armour
Inventory: talisman of protection, talisman of night, smoke bombs x6, rope x2, healing balms x10, climbing axe x2, skinning knives, winter gear, Vikarh map, pouch of powder, 4 fire bombs
Mount: Dark Steed (Falken)
Gold: 2270
Skills: Stealth, Two Weapon Fighting, Basic Ride
Class: Shade
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Sidorio wrote:I'm interested in trying it out at least once, my only concern is that if we do start to do this is that I don't think I'd be able to really be online unti 9pm GMT and thats assuming I get up earleir and forgo breakfast until later. That and after Feb I could only do it on Fridays and Saturdays GMT.

Still I'd like to try it out if others are willing.

I'm not suggestions we start to do it on a regular basis, just try it out once and see how it goes. I'm in preference of Forum based RPG along with most of the group, so I wouldn't want to move to livechat or anything like that. I have played in and enjoyed a livechat RPG though, so I thought it would be cool to try out one time with our Group.

Fridays and Saturdays would be best for me too.
Kefka
Malekith's Best Friend
Location: That's for you to know and me to find out! Do I get a hint?

Post by Kefka »

At the times you posted, I will be at work. I usually work 10am-9pm here (5pm-6am GMT) so it would have to be in your "morning." Or on a day off. I always have mondays off, but sometimes that's the only day I have off.

Fiat Obsidian - WS5 / S5 / T4 / D5 / I4
Equipment: Halberd, Zukhil Shield, Bastard Sword, Heavy Armour, Seadragon Cloak, Helmet of Slaanesh, Blackthorn Dagger
Mount: Locke (dark steed)
Gold: 488
Skills: Supernatural Awareness, Defensive Fighting, Intimidate, Drukh Kaganth (1)
Class: Warrior
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

I must have misread the times you posted then. This complicated matters! In truth, this was always a shot in the dark, never an idea I thought would work, simply one that might. Mornings are no good for me, and it seems the other members prefer GMT eveningtime too.

Perhaps a day would come up when you had no work.

I can do Mondays, Sundays too. Midweek I am busy though.

Perhaps Sidorio and the others could do a Monday?
Dauricha
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Dauricha »

I can do that time just give me a heads up for when
Phalx Tr'dasr – WS5 / S4 / T4 / D5 / I4
Equipment: Deathspitter (5/20) 4 of these poisoned (1/2x QD, 3xSD), short sword, dagger, punching dagger (Bloodthirst Rune), shade cloak, full leather armour
Inventory: thieves tools, torches x3, healing balms x5, rope and grapple, Vikarh map, dice, winter gear, orc tusk,
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 5829
Skills: Basic Stealth, Precision Fire, Basic Ride, Frenzy, Ambidexterity,Suithenlu Khythan (1): SP2
Check out, http://thingsfrom1934.com/
Layne
Arnold Layne
Arnold Layne

Post by Layne »

The times we are looking at are about eleven o'clock the Australian morning, which on Sundays and Mondays will usually mean I'm at work. We can still try.

Other questions ; it would be the same characters, I guess, but what story? Part of what we are doing? would it have bearing on what we are doing?
Layne
Global Moderator. Everything but the weather.

Caveat Numptor.

Karonath - WS6 / S4 / T4 / D5 / I3
Equipment: Bloodfeather, heavy armour, helm, Sea Dragon Cloak, rope x 2, month rations x 2
Inventory: longspear, 2 short swords, glaive, winter gear, shade cloak,
Mount: Dark Steed (Shiny), talisman of kurnous
Gold: 2294
Skills: Ambidexterity, Controlled Frenzy, Basic Ride, Drukh Kaganth
Class: Khainite
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Layne wrote:The times we are looking at are about eleven o'clock the Australian morning, which on Sundays and Mondays will usually mean I'm at work. We can still try.

Other questions ; it would be the same characters, I guess, but what story? Part of what we are doing? would it have bearing on what we are doing?

The idea I had was to play the current scene of the group at the time and see how it went. If it was successful I could write up what happened as a proper modpost in the group, if not we could just carry on in the group without using what was written up in the live chat RPG.
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Okay, how does this sound for everybody...

Can you do any of the next 4 Monday nights, anytime from 6pm-10pm GMT

Please state which dates and what times on those dates.

If the roleplaying gods favour us, it might just all match up to create a date and time workable for us all!
Kefka
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Kefka »

So the 18th, 25th, 1st and 8th?
I should be free for any of those. 6pm for you is 11 am for me, when I wake up, so if we start then I will be glad to join in.

Equipment: Halberd, Zukhil Shield, Bastard Sword, Heavy Armour, Seadragon Cloak, Helmet of Slaanesh, Blackthorn Dagger
Skills: Supernatural Awareness, Defensive Fighting, Intimidate, Drukh Kaganth (1)
Dauricha
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Dauricha »

I can do that :)
Phalx Tr'dasr – WS5 / S4 / T4 / D5 / I4
Equipment: Deathspitter (5/20) 4 of these poisoned (1/2x QD, 3xSD), short sword, dagger, punching dagger (Bloodthirst Rune), shade cloak, full leather armour
Inventory: thieves tools, torches x3, healing balms x5, rope and grapple, Vikarh map, dice, winter gear, orc tusk,
Gold: 5829
Skills: Basic Stealth, Precision Fire, Basic Ride, Frenzy, Ambidexterity,Suithenlu Khythan (1): SP2
Check out, http://thingsfrom1934.com/
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

2 down 4 to go...
Raneth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Raneth »

Monday's iffy for me. The earliest I'd be able to come online is 21pm GMT (training schedule) and that's while I'm eating, restricting my output for say the first half hour or so. Dunno how long you intend to make these sessions last, but I should be good for at least an hour or two depending on how worn out I am.

Layne wrote:Other questions ; it would be the same characters, I guess, but what story? Part of what we are doing? would it have bearing on what we are doing?

I have these questions too :D
Vryala Naïlo - WS5 / S5 / T5 / D5 / I4

Equipment: bastard sword of Speed, shield of Defence, repeater (20/20), spear, mace, dagger, Armour of Night, SDC, whip, blowpipe (9/12)
Inventory: amulet of Strength, grapple, grenade x0, smoke x11, map, mage hand, sleep oil x8, cure balms x20, Yori's balms x1, winter gear, old kit, lion mask
Mount: Dark Steed (Blanky), barding, talisman of Protection
Gold: 1735
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Anarin Sarath (2), Basic Ride
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Raneth wrote:Monday's iffy for me. The earliest I'd be able to come online is 21pm GMT (training schedule) and that's while I'm eating, restricting my output for say the first half hour or so. Dunno how long you intend to make these sessions last, but I should be good for at least an hour or two depending on how worn out I am.

Layne wrote:Other questions ; it would be the same characters, I guess, but what story? Part of what we are doing? would it have bearing on what we are doing?

I have these questions too :D

As stated above:

The idea I had was to play the current scene of the group at the time and see how it went. If it was successful I could write up what happened as a proper modpost in the group, if not we could just carry on in the group without using what was written up in the live chat RPG.
;)

And I can only get online til 10:30pm, meaning if you couldn't get on til 10 we would have no time to game.

What about Sundays then, sorry to mix things up again.
Layne
Arnold Layne
Arnold Layne

Post by Layne »

Raneth would be online form nine if I'm not mistaken. If my calculations are correct, 6-10 Monday night GMT is 7-11 Tuesday morning AEDST, so I should be able to do pretty much any of those.
Layne
Global Moderator. Everything but the weather.

Caveat Numptor.

Karonath - WS6 / S4 / T4 / D5 / I3
Equipment: Bloodfeather, heavy armour, helm, Sea Dragon Cloak, rope x 2, month rations x 2
Inventory: longspear, 2 short swords, glaive, winter gear, shade cloak,
Mount: Dark Steed (Shiny), talisman of kurnous
Gold: 2294
Skills: Ambidexterity, Controlled Frenzy, Basic Ride, Drukh Kaganth
Kefka
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Kefka »

Sundays are iffy for me, as I either work earlier or not at all. Factor in church as well in the morning. If I am working I wouldn't be on until 8-10 my time, which is early the next morning for you guys.

Raneth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Raneth »

Kinslayer wrote:
Raneth wrote:Monday's iffy for me. The earliest I'd be able to come online is 21pm GMT (training schedule) and that's while I'm eating, restricting my output for say the first half hour or so. Dunno how long you intend to make these sessions last, but I should be good for at least an hour or two depending on how worn out I am.

And I can only get online til 10:30pm, meaning if you couldn't get on til 10 we would have no time to game.

What about Sundays then, sorry to mix things up again.

Layne's right. The reason I asked how long you were planning on gaming is because these kind of things tend to massively draw out. :P

Sundays should be fine. Can't go to bed -too- late because of work the next morning but it IS my day off :lol:
Vryala Naïlo - WS5 / S5 / T5 / D5 / I4

Equipment: bastard sword of Speed, shield of Defence, repeater (20/20), spear, mace, dagger, Armour of Night, SDC, whip, blowpipe (9/12)
Inventory: amulet of Strength, grapple, grenade x0, smoke x11, map, mage hand, sleep oil x8, cure balms x20, Yori's balms x1, winter gear, old kit, lion mask
Mount: Dark Steed (Blanky), barding, talisman of Protection
Gold: 1735
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Anarin Sarath (2), Basic Ride
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Mondays could work actually, as I may be able to stay on til Midnight GMT. The internet restrictions on my wireless seem to have changed so that it turns off later.

So, 9pm GMT til 12 GMT time frame on a Monday?
Sidorio
Assassin

Post by Sidorio »

I can do that for maybe the next two Mondays though after that I can't as I'll be at school as for me thats a Tuseday morning.

The timeframe though should be fine, I may be on a little bit after 9 but preferably not much after.
Equipment: 2 asrai short swords, assassins dagger, silver dagger, modified repeater crossbow (20/20), hunting spear, Cloak of Dusk, full leather armour
Inventory: talisman of protection, talisman of night, smoke bombs x6, rope x2, healing balms x10, climbing axe x2, skinning knives, winter gear, Vikarh map, pouch of powder, 4 fire bombs
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Okay I'll just put this out there then and hope for 6 (or 7, Khel!) nodding players...

Monday 18th, 9pm GMT in the Chatroom.

Can we all make it? :twisted:
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

I can make it, but since thats the time I get home from work (and then I need to get moving back to work in about 5-7 hours time), I'll just need to make sure I can remember to get in the chat! :)
Saldrimek Xenan - WS6 / S4 / T3 / D5 / I3

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Inventory: Amulet of Darkness, Poison Vials x7, Deadly Poison Vials x8
Gold: 163
Skills: Ambidexterity, Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting, Ride
Kefka
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Kefka »

I can do that. its 2pm-5pm for me,but Im sure ill still be in bed ;)

Sidorio
Assassin

Post by Sidorio »

Thats 8am Tuesday 19 for me. I should be able to do it though. I'll get someone to wake me up early.
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

I might be a little late into the chat on Monday (Tuesday for me). 30-60 minutes or so. Is this a problem?
Saldrimek Xenan - WS6 / S4 / T3 / D5 / I3

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Inventory: Amulet of Darkness, Poison Vials x7, Deadly Poison Vials x8
Gold: 163
Skills: Ambidexterity, Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting, Ride
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

The only problem is that I can't start until everybody is there. Once all 8 of us got in, I would use an OOC room to explain what was going to happen, then everyone could join the IC room and begin playing. It will be hard to organise because we'd all have to be there at the same time, and due to timezones and work etc this is not likely to happen. This thread is just to see if we can make a go of it...

If we can't all get there at the specified time, there's no point half of us turning up.

So, if we can't all do it, we won't ;)