Group 22 - Out of Character discussion thread

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Edited that - just remembered I can't do the 25th myself, and it will probably be too soon to organize this all in a week.
Nightcall
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Nightcall »

Just thought, the best way to kill a vermin lord is to cut off its head with a dwarfen axe. Seeing as we're all Dark Elves, we're f**ked... :lol:
Casaythe Blackstorm - Warrior (Corsair) - Group 22
Skills: Awareness, Endurance
Equipment: Short Sword, Glaive, Medium Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Repeater Crossbow, clip of bolts [11/20], 405 gold, Talisman of Darkness, Tool Kit, 2 months' rations
Stats: WS4, S4, T5, D3, I4

Mod, Group 38
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

1st sept might be possible for me.
8th and 15th, I'm not available.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

I am depressingly available at the moment, really almost nothing on of any sort. The upside being that I am free pretty much anytime. Looks like the first might be the best time so far.

@Nightcall: Like I said in my last post, I am more or less stumped. Greater daemons are not exactly what I designed my character for. Sneaking isn't much help here. Kinslayer, I don't suppose you could work Gotrek into the story somehow? Or Malus, that might be a bit easier and he took out a greater daemon too. Otherwise I need to get the thinking cap on.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Ok, so with Calisson limiting the available dates, let's try these. Please leave a comment below, I will edit in your name when available to these lists...

1st September (Saturday):

2nd September (Sunday):

9th September (Sunday):

16th September (Sunday):

22nd September (Saturday):

23rd September (Sunday):
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

As far as I am currently aware yes to all. Obviously things might change in between now and then.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Gentleman of Moderation
Layne
Arnold Layne
Arnold Layne

Post by Layne »

Hi all...

I have been without a computer for the last few weeks, but now I'm slightly back. I have a hectic schedule for the next few months but will try to post on the weekends. It's nice that K has managed to stumble absent mindedly through a bar brawl and a combat with a greater daemon, and got nothing worse than a burn on her leg. Until i can post again, remember that K, having fought greater daemons before, prefers to stab them in the neck.

I am more than keen for a live RP, I'm 9-5 these days so my weekends look really good for it, at most times of the day.

See you all in the funny papers -
Layne
Global Moderator. Everything but the weather.

Caveat Numptor.

Karonath - WS6 / S4 / T4 / D5 / I3
Equipment: Bloodfeather, heavy armour, helm, Sea Dragon Cloak, rope x 2, month rations x 2
Inventory: longspear, 2 short swords, glaive, winter gear, shade cloak,
Mount: Dark Steed (Shiny), talisman of kurnous
Gold: 2294
Skills: Ambidexterity, Controlled Frenzy, Basic Ride, Drukh Kaganth
Class: Khainite
Raneth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Raneth »

My Sundays are kind of iffy due to work, but you can write me up for all Saturdays. :)
Vryala Naïlo - WS5 / S5 / T5 / D5 / I4

Equipment: bastard sword of Speed, shield of Defence, repeater (20/20), spear, mace, dagger, Armour of Night, SDC, whip, blowpipe (9/12)
Inventory: amulet of Strength, grapple, grenade x0, smoke x11, map, mage hand, sleep oil x8, cure balms x20, Yori's balms x1, winter gear, old kit, lion mask
Mount: Dark Steed (Blanky), barding, talisman of Protection
Gold: 1735
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Anarin Sarath (2), Basic Ride
Class: Warrior
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

It speaks! Nice to hear from you Layne, just in the nick of time too as Karonath was about to get a whole lot worse than a burned leg and a few scratches (not quite enough to kill her though). Well... that depends if you post in time to save her

:P
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

*waves* Hello Layne, looking forward to RPing with you! :)

Well, it's taken me long enough, but here is Casaythe. Quick sketch with black biro and watercolour pencils. I've drawn him in that street as he's trying to distract the verminlord from the injured Vryala.

Equipment: Short Sword, Glaive, Medium Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Repeater Crossbow, clip of bolts [11/20], 405 gold, Talisman of Darkness, Tool Kit, 2 months' rations

Mod, Group 38
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

If you need to visualize some design for Caraoc, here it is:
http://www.druchii.net/album_page.php?pic_id=4252

In addition to Caraoc's description:
• Appearance: Dressed as a sailor mate, no shoes.
Dark grey skin, pale bluish hair, dark blue eyes, one blue tooth. Gold ring on right ear, gold rings on all fingers, gold necklace.
Loves to sing. But he sings and dances so badly that it makes raining.

-=-=-
Nightcall wrote:(despite the endless stream of irritating songs)
((OOC: Calisson – Casaythe finds it annoying, but do carry on :) ))

I understand that not every music style suits the taste of everyone!
Actually, Caraoc enjoys any style :mrgreen: , not only the ones I like myself. :cry:

Hope you appreciate the effort to suit the lyrics with the storytelling, though. :D
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

:lol: Doesn't bother me, Calisson - it not something I've come across before in RP and it certainly is an interesting thing to see.

Mod, Group 38
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Well, that's new to me as well.
It's like storytelling for a movie which makes plenty of references, such as Shreck.
That's an advantage of website RPG over RL RPG: you have time to search the Internet and type like if you were writing a book or a movie scenario.
Don't expect that during the live RPG! :roll:

It was not my intention intially.
When I chose a name for my mage of Heavens, I wondered how he would influence the skies. First thing which occured to me was the rain dance, or rather, as the legend says (at least in France, I don't know for other countries), singing so badly that it causes rain.
As usual, I started with Ca... in order to facilitate the link between my character and my avatar.
So, singing + starting with Ca = Karaoké.

Later on, while RPing, I made progressively the name come true.
He sang once, then a second time, and now it is the main trait of my character! :lol:
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Loving the picture NightCall and the one you linked to Calisson. It won't be too much longer before we have the art of all the other characters from the artist as they are at the top of her commission list now (the whole group including some ex members, plus Varin and Sevro).

I am going to rewrite the 8th edition Warhammer rules for Group 22 with these new members at some point as well.

Regarding the live chat RPG... Saturday 22nd September looks like it is hopefully good for me, Raneth, Calisson, Nightcall (unless the baby kicks off) & Drainial.

Dauricha & Layne, what do you think to this date? Any plans?
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Loving the picture NightCall and the one you linked to Calisson.Thanks! :D
I hope that you apreciate the lyrics, too (I don't expect everyone to love all the music styles...)

I am going to rewrite the 8th edition Warhammer rules for Group 22 with these new members at some point as well.
What is that?

Regarding the live chat RPG... Saturday 22nd September looks like it is hopefully good for me, Raneth, Calisson, Nightcall (unless the baby kicks off) & Drainial.
It should work for me indeed, or later. Not earlier.
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Thanks! :D
I hope that you apreciate the lyrics, too (I don't expect everyone to love all the music styles...)

It is certainly different, but no I don't mind it at all, and me being Varin probably won't mind it either. Sevro however, quite a serious character, does not have much time for songs. ;)

What is that?

That? This! http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=68666

It should work for me indeed, or later. Not earlier.

Good to know. Hopefully we can do it again.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

The Mages' knew that they could not give any display of their magical prowess in front of a Midnight Guardian, for males practicing the arcane lore suffered death thanks to the laws of the Witch King.
Caraoc is dressed like a regular corsair.
Furthermore, he is a male and he uses a Lore that DE sorceresses hardly ever use.
I tried to have all "magic" triggered by Caraoc look as much as possible as a nice concurrence of a natural event (snow, lightning, sound...) with Caraoc's merry songs.
I don't expect NPCs to suspect spontaneously that he is a spell singer.

What I don't know is how the disturbance of the winds of magic can be detected by anyone?

What I would like to know exactly, about the other members of the group:
- to which point is Elysian supposed to be aware of Caraoc's magic talents? (and reversely)
- can the other members of the group see that Caraoc is a magic-user, or do they only make an educated guess?

And about NPCs:
- is it possible to detect that someone is a magic-user, even when he is not using magic at the moment?
- are other magic-users able to tell that someone is currently using magic? Are they able to tell who is using magic exactly?
- are people with no magic talent able to tell that magic is used at all, besides guessing that strange effects cannot have any other explanation?
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Calisson wrote:The Mages' knew that they could not give any display of their magical prowess in front of a Midnight Guardian, for males practicing the arcane lore suffered death thanks to the laws of the Witch King.
Caraoc is dressed like a regular corsair.
Furthermore, he is a male and he uses a Lore that DE sorceresses hardly ever use.
I tried to have all "magic" triggered by Caraoc look as much as possible as a nice concurrence of a natural event (snow, lightning, sound...) with Caraoc's merry songs.
I don't expect NPCs to suspect spontaneously that he is a spell singer.

What I don't know is how the disturbance of the winds of magic can be detected by anyone?

What I would like to know exactly, about the other members of the group:
- to which point is Elysian supposed to be aware of Caraoc's magic talents? (and reversely)
- can the other members of the group see that Caraoc is a magic-user, or do they only make an educated guess?

And about NPCs:
- is it possible to detect that someone is a magic-user, even when he is not using magic at the moment?
- are other magic-users able to tell that someone is currently using magic? Are they able to tell who is using magic exactly?
- are people with no magic talent able to tell that magic is used at all, besides guessing that strange effects cannot have any other explanation?

The way I play it, a Mage can see with a second-sight whereby he sees the world in tendrils of the Winds of Magic. He would detect another Mage drawing power to himself, by seeing that Wind collecting about himself. If he kept quiet in that realm and did not cast, he would not be detected. I assumed already that Elysian realized what you are, and visa versa, and the rest of the group made an educated guess.

As for your enemies, the more powerful ones can probably tell, and people like the Drach or Bane would count you as guilty if they even suspected something, so best not to give them anything to go by. Rhamek is just one of many Guardians, but one who had earned himself a title thus become a leader of a regiment. I don't think he would notice unless lightning started coming out your eyes, so by all means be subtle and continue...
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Thanks for the reply. Exactly what I hoped to hear.
Magic is so... cool! 8)
I'm crazy like a fool! !eek!
What about it? :P
Daddy Cool
(oh, no, I did it again... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5gNYVia2rg :roll: )

-=-=-

Suggested 8th edition Warhammer rules for Group 22:

Caraoc is a merry corsair pilot, longtime familiar with stars and Heavens, who keeps singing all the time.
Caraoc M5 WS4 BS4 S3 T3 W2 I6 A2 Ld8 - he counts as the unit's musician, despite the other group member's protests.
Equipment – hand weapon, RHB, SDC. Beastbane Horn.
Beastbane Horn - Bound spell (power level 3). Causes terror to all creatures affected by Lore of Beasts' attribute.
Evasion - Thanks to his lifetime experience as terrible singer, Caraoc can evade all incoming hits. 5++ ward save to represent that.
Mage – Caraoc is a Level 1 wizard who knows one random spell from the Lore of Heavens. At the start of each magic phase, roll d6 to see which spell Caraoc is able to try to cast, or take signature spell.
In case of a miscast made by Caraoc, it rains on the group until the player's next magic sequence. All "to hit" against the group are at -1, in melee and at distance. Flamable attacks have no effect. Note: the group is used to that and suffers no penalty.
Last edited by Calisson on Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

A trip is taking longer than expected and I don't have a computer (This is from my phone. If I can't post that's why.

Gentleman of Moderation
Layne
Arnold Layne
Arnold Layne

Post by Layne »

Aw shitballs. I always miss the best bits. Also, I don't know why I dind't say before but as far as I can see 22 September is as grand as sunflowers for me.
Layne

Caveat Numptor.

Equipment: Bloodfeather, heavy armour, helm, Sea Dragon Cloak, rope x 2, month rations x 2
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Just to let everyone know, I'm resuming professional life this week.
For the next 8 days in particular, I may have less free Internet time than wished.
For those who can't stand Caraoc's songs, that might be a relief. :lol:
I will do my best to check daily D.net. Actually, you might not see any change at all.
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Okay 22nd September... is there anyone who can't do this one?

No problem Drainial, Cal, Layne, if you're busy / away / missing bits it is not a problem.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Should be fine for me.

Gentleman of Moderation
Layne
Arnold Layne
Arnold Layne

Post by Layne »

Kinslayer wrote:No problem Drainial, Cal, Layne, if you're busy / away / missing bits it is not a problem.

for you.
Layne

Caveat Numptor.