Group 22 - Out of Character discussion thread

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Dauricha
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Dauricha »

22nd should be fine. Sorry I havn't been up to scratch with the OOC, and the IC. muchos life issues at the mo, hopefully things will calm down now.
Phalx Tr'dasr – WS5 / S4 / T4 / D5 / I4
Equipment: Deathspitter (5/20) 4 of these poisoned (1/2x QD, 3xSD), short sword, dagger, punching dagger (Bloodthirst Rune), shade cloak, full leather armour
Inventory: thieves tools, torches x3, healing balms x5, rope and grapple, Vikarh map, dice, winter gear, orc tusk,
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 5829
Skills: Basic Stealth, Precision Fire, Basic Ride, Frenzy, Ambidexterity,Suithenlu Khythan (1): SP2
Class: Shade
Check out, http://thingsfrom1934.com/
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

So, I guess that time has come to face reality.
I will try my best to remain as available as I've been so far,
but business life is taking over.

For the next 24h, I'll be in a hostile, foreign country (read UK), where I cannot be sure to get Internet (do wifi drives left there? Will there be a continental electric plug at the hotel?).

But there is worse, far worse.
For the next 2 weeks, I'll be on a business trip with my boss.
And he has the nasty habits of working whenever he doesn't sleep.
And he sleeps a bare 4 h a night.

So if I fail to answer Gr22 as swiftly as before, you'll know why.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Nightcall
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Nightcall »

Calisson wrote:For the next 24h, I'll be in a hostile, foreign country (read UK)...

Aww, we're not that bad! *offers arsenic laced tea and scones and plots how to do him in with a universal plug adapter* :P
Casaythe Blackstorm - Warrior (Corsair) - Group 22
Skills: Awareness, Endurance
Equipment: Short Sword, Glaive, Medium Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Repeater Crossbow, clip of bolts [11/20], 405 gold, Talisman of Darkness, Tool Kit, 2 months' rations
Stats: WS4, S4, T5, D3, I4

Mod, Group 38
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Regarding the 22nd, I am going to be out 10am - 2pm UK time as I had to have a tattoo booking moved to that date. We could either do something UK afternoon - evening or early UK morning (6am - 9am perhaps?)

Calisson as ever, if you are away / busy not a problem for the group. Welcome to the UK... some parts aren't as bad as you say
:lol:
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Hotel: checked in. :|
Wifi: checked. :)
Continental plug: checked. :D
Driving left: checked. :(

@ Nightcall
That's an old trick, you must find something else.. ;)
Lady Nancy Astor: Winston, if you were my husband, I'd poison your tea.
Churchill: Nancy, if I were your husband, I'd drink it.

(Winston Churchill famous quotes)

@ Kinslayer:
For Sept 22nd, fine in the afternoon for me.
I'd like not to extend it too late in the evening, cause I'll be working the next day quite early (5AM UK time).
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Ah welcome to the land of the free, glory of the world! Be warned, we don't take 2 hours for lunch but if you like not strikeing every five minuets you will like it here.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

Calisson wrote:
@ Nightcall
That's an old trick, you must find something else.. ;)
Lady Nancy Astor: Winston, if you were my husband, I'd poison your tea.
Churchill: Nancy, if I were your husband, I'd drink it.

(Winston Churchill famous quotes)

:lol: Good one! He was quite a witty fellow, eh. It continues as I'm sure you know:

Lady Astor: "Mr. Churchill, you're drunk!"
Winston Churchill: "Yes, and you, Madam, are ugly. But tomorrow, I shall be sober."

Kinslayer - Well early morning will probably be better for me but I can't promise I will be available. I would love to join in, but as explained before it all depends on trollbaby ;)
Equipment: Short Sword, Glaive, Medium Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Repeater Crossbow, clip of bolts [11/20], 405 gold, Talisman of Darkness, Tool Kit, 2 months' rations

Mod, Group 38
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

So named for being able to regenerate or the ability to use vomit as a weapon?
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Gentleman of Moderation
Raneth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Raneth »

22nd should be fine, though I'm not responsible for my probable hangover.
Vryala Naïlo - WS5 / S5 / T5 / D5 / I4

Equipment: bastard sword of Speed, shield of Defence, repeater (20/20), spear, mace, dagger, Armour of Night, SDC, whip, blowpipe (9/12)
Inventory: amulet of Strength, grapple, grenade x0, smoke x11, map, mage hand, sleep oil x8, cure balms x20, Yori's balms x1, winter gear, old kit, lion mask
Mount: Dark Steed (Blanky), barding, talisman of Protection
Gold: 1735
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Anarin Sarath (2), Basic Ride
Class: Warrior
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Raneth wrote:22nd should be fine, though I'm not responsible for my probable hangover.

22nd WILL be perfect. I only just realised the pun :roll:
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

Drainial - The latter at the moment! We have had all manner of GW nicknames for her as she has grown. :)

Mod, Group 38
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Business work demanding as expected.
Still, my boss is not as bad as I thought. He slept 5 h last night.
I should be able to sneak a post or two after hours (read after midnight, instead of sleeping).

Nightcall wrote:The corsair's frown turned into a cocky grin as he admired the lithe females.
'You know Caraoc... I might just forgive you.'
:lol:
Layne
Arnold Layne
Arnold Layne

Post by Layne »

22nd is good, what you're suggesting is Saturday night or Sunday morning to me, which should be OK either way.
Layne
Global Moderator. Everything but the weather.

Caveat Numptor.

Karonath - WS6 / S4 / T4 / D5 / I3
Equipment: Bloodfeather, heavy armour, helm, Sea Dragon Cloak, rope x 2, month rations x 2
Inventory: longspear, 2 short swords, glaive, winter gear, shade cloak,
Mount: Dark Steed (Shiny), talisman of kurnous
Gold: 2294
Skills: Ambidexterity, Controlled Frenzy, Basic Ride, Drukh Kaganth
Class: Khainite
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Okay how does 6am UK time sound Saturday 22nd? Providing I get up on time, this gives us 3 hours before I have to go out.
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

Calisson - he's a corsair. He's got an eye for fine things :lol:

Kinslayer - I will probably be around 7am/8am depending on aforementioned circumstances! Carry on without me; can I drop in if I am able to get online? Doubtful I'll be there at 6am though I'm afraid.

Mod, Group 38
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Nightcall wrote:Calisson - he's a corsair. He's got an eye for fine things :lol:

Kinslayer - I will probably be around 7am/8am depending on aforementioned circumstances! Carry on without me; can I drop in if I am able to get online? Doubtful I'll be there at 6am though I'm afraid.

We could do 7am start, with everyone trying to be in the chat for 6.30am so I can go over a few things / what to do. If you're late don't worry you can join in when you get online (happened last time :P )

There will be two chatrooms in use Group22a and Group22b - we will do all chat, discussion, questions, dice rolling and whatnot in one, and the other will be strictly for IC posting.

After the session, I will write up what happened into a regular (if somewhat long) RPG post in the game. I'm hoping we can reach the point now where the chat session covers the end of this Chapter.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Should work perfectly with me.
Dauricha
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Dauricha »

that morning is fine. Ill have to leave at 8:45 for work but will be on for a few hours.
Phalx Tr'dasr – WS5 / S4 / T4 / D5 / I4
Equipment: Deathspitter (5/20) 4 of these poisoned (1/2x QD, 3xSD), short sword, dagger, punching dagger (Bloodthirst Rune), shade cloak, full leather armour
Inventory: thieves tools, torches x3, healing balms x5, rope and grapple, Vikarh map, dice, winter gear, orc tusk,
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 5829
Skills: Basic Stealth, Precision Fire, Basic Ride, Frenzy, Ambidexterity,Suithenlu Khythan (1): SP2
Class: Shade
Check out, http://thingsfrom1934.com/
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

Looking forward to it! Please don't wait for me, to start. I hope to be able to participate.

Mod, Group 38
Layne
Arnold Layne
Arnold Layne

Post by Layne »

OK. That's half past three tomorrow afternoon to me. I'll be there.
Layne
Global Moderator. Everything but the weather.

Caveat Numptor.

Karonath - WS6 / S4 / T4 / D5 / I3
Equipment: Bloodfeather, heavy armour, helm, Sea Dragon Cloak, rope x 2, month rations x 2
Inventory: longspear, 2 short swords, glaive, winter gear, shade cloak,
Mount: Dark Steed (Shiny), talisman of kurnous
Gold: 2294
Skills: Ambidexterity, Controlled Frenzy, Basic Ride, Drukh Kaganth
Class: Khainite
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Thanks for the great Live Chat RPG session those who made it. I have the text ready to do a modpost write up later or tomorrow. Thanks for making it another great success!
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Thanks Kinslayer indeed.

Lessons learned:

/nick Caraoc = change nickname to Caraoc
/me = to start sentence with own name (=> “* Caraoc” did so and so)
/join Group22a = open other channel
Smileys: as usual for : ), : | and : ( and : p and : d
!d 6 = Makes a random D6 roll - but it can be viewed by everyone only in the main chatroom.
!d 4d6+3 = Makes a random 4d6+3 roll - max +4294967295 for such dice roll.
Shooting rolls are made under Dexterity.
And Phalx' Deathspitter is awesome.
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

Thanks everyone, it was good fun. Looking forward to reading the summary post.

Mod, Group 38
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Sorry I missed it, unexpected last minute circumstances. Still I look forward to reading what you got up to, I hope Elysian didn't get beaten up too badly.

Gentleman of Moderation
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Well, that was a nice team work. Basically, Elysian did the same as Caraoc and reversely, buffing Casaythe when he was facing all the marauders, shooting them when appropriate.
Elysian was essential for guidance to destination and to introduce to Sevro. What will follow will certainly require more guidance from him, and his talent for sneaking will definitively be useful.