TAU III Sign up and OOC thread

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

I originally managed to spell the name of the title wrong, as Layne was so good as to point out; obviously it has now been fixed.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Belial
Modest Member

Post by Belial »

What is what?
Belial
Modest Member

Post by Belial »

What the... did a post just vanish? Highborn on Black Dragon, did you delete your post?
Highborn on black dragon
Executioner

Post by Highborn on black dragon »

Yep sorry, I started replying and after I posted i saw your comments, which made mine senseless :oops:
Sanity is highly overrated
Belial
Modest Member

Post by Belial »

Deleting or editing posts is not permitted, IIRC. So, yeah :)
Highborn on black dragon
Executioner

Post by Highborn on black dragon »

Again sorry, won't happen again :oops:
Sanity is highly overrated
Belial
Modest Member

Post by Belial »

No problem:)
Kefka
Malekith's Best Friend
Location: That's for you to know and me to find out! Do I get a hint?

Post by Kefka »

I do not know who this Kefa is,sounds like a nice guy, terrible way to go. But I'm still in it, right? :P

Sucks to be the first to go, but I guess that means I was a threat. I'll take it as a compliment... a bloody, deadly compliment you Tzeentch jerks. :P

Fiat Obsidian - WS5 / S5 / T4 / D5 / I4
Equipment: Halberd, Zukhil Shield, Bastard Sword, Heavy Armour, Seadragon Cloak, Helmet of Slaanesh, Blackthorn Dagger
Mount: Locke (dark steed)
Gold: 488
Skills: Supernatural Awareness, Defensive Fighting, Intimidate, Drukh Kaganth (1)
Class: Warrior
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Sorry, I realy have to stop writing these things at one in the morning.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Gentleman of Moderation
Cathel
Noble

Post by Cathel »

Sorry for missing out a week. The job got very busy and my 2 month old got a cold that cost a lot of time and sleep.

So I think I better drop out of this one.

Sorry for any inconvinience caused, but neither was forseeable.

Sorry again,

Cathel
If they were not sitting on our land, I would not spend a single bolt on the Asur.
How to tell apart the elves:
Men run naked - Asrai
Women run naked - Druchii
Don't know whether man or woman - Asur
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

If anyone is interested in taking Cathal's spot they are more than welcome. Just post here.

Gentleman of Moderation
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Apologies everyone, work is a nightmare at the moment so I have not been able to concentrate on this at all. So the deadline is extended untill tomorrow (12th) because you might as well talk if I haven't got time to bring down the curtains.

Gentleman of Moderation
Belial
Modest Member

Post by Belial »

My father has currently kidnapped me this saturday, to work at his company since there's A LOT to do right now(yesterday, I worked from 9.00 to 20:45...), and I'm not sure when I'll get home again... Computer access is limited, do to long workdays, so I won't be able to participate until wednesday night. Sorry, but there was no way I could foresee this.
Tarbo
Morathi's Best Friend
Morathi's Best Friend

Post by Tarbo »

We'll try not to hang you 'till then. ;)

Sucks for you, though. Hope you and your dad get everything sorted.
Belial
Modest Member

Post by Belial »

Sorry it took longer than intended. Things were really bad. I've posted just for the intet of staying in if the deadline should be nearing, so I'll just go through your posts now.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Well that’s that, another TAU gone by (and quite possibly the most convincing victory for an infiltrating team ever, though I confess that I am not familiar with all of them, as the first ones were before my time on the site.

So all that’s left is to say well done to our winners and you’ve been done to our losers :roll: . I can't claim this to have been an unmitigated success but I hope that you had a good time.

Gentleman of Moderation
Sleekdd
Highborn
Location: Belgium, the only country where surrealism is a way of life.

Post by Sleekdd »

First off, nice stories, Drainial. They had a nice mix of horror and humor to them.
The interaction between Katala and Mila was always fun to read and both the opening and ending post were of a better standard I would be able to concoct. Oh, and hats off to you to neatly improvise the end post from the latest events, that was a nice touch.

It is a bit sad to see such effort go to waste by nothing more than inactivity. In fact, it was the host was the mass murderer in our midst with a grand total of six inactivity kills.
It puts the two kills of the infiltrators to shame but more importantly, I can speak from experience that inactivity can be disenchanting for a host and those players who put in some effort to make this game great.
After all, regardless of how good a host is, the game experience depends mostly on its players.

I'd also like to pass on my compliments to our opponents who showed up and I'd like to single out Telrunya for his unceasing enthusiasm and drive in rooting us out, despite the problems at hand.
I must admit I had a constant feeling to the sword of Damocles hanging over my head. One wrong word and he'll sniff you out - trust me, he's done it before. :!:
And I'd also like to mention Belial for the effort he made to hang in there and help the council out, despite his busy real life.
Great minds think alike.
So if you want diversity, try morons.
Tarbo
Morathi's Best Friend
Morathi's Best Friend

Post by Tarbo »

Thank you, Drainial, for taking the time and effort to host a game for us. Hosting a SAU and its players is a daunting and time-consuming task, much more so than playing it. I'll second SleekDD that the stories were very entertaining, and they were always a pleasure to read.

I'd also like to thank Belial and Telrunya, specifically, for sticking with us to the very end -- I'm pretty sure Kefka would have, too, if we'd have given him the chance. ;) (If we'd have known inactivity would be so bad, Kefka, we'd have left you in the game. Sorry about that.) I'd have loved to have sparred more intensely with you all. And a special thanks to my partner in crime, SleekDD, for his unrelenting presence at the very forefront every game day.

I'd like to accept victory, but claiming victory doesn't really feel right when your opponents forfeit the game. In fact, we didn't even much play a game at all. The best thing a host can do is detect and eliminate inactive players as soon as possible, in an effort not to let them hinder others, which is solely the reason the double deadline system has been in use in my last few SAUs.

I'm not entirely sure about the reason for this collective abandonment of the game, but it has been a disturbingly increasing trend in the last few SAUs. Some losses are inevitable: things do pop up unexpectedly, and sometimes you have no choice but to drop out early. But I'd like to ask people to be thoughtful and let the host know: I can confidently say that, to a game host, the difference between someone who disappears and someone who excuses himself is immense. It is a show of courtesy.

Anyway, those were my two cents. I'll get off my soapbox now.

Again, thanks to everyone who played, or tried to, and even more so to Drainial for hosting us!
Telrunya
Shade

Post by Telrunya »

Drainial, thanks for taking the time to host this game. I especially liked the opening story and the depravity that gooed of the Slaaneshi cult throughout the entire game.

And congratulations SleekDD and Tarbo, you've done a great job! I especially appreciate your sportsmanlike efforts to get the council going through all means possible. And you made a pretty neat ending speech, Tarbo :)

As for the inactivity, that has been an issue throughout most --if not all-- of the SAUs. People drop out due to real life events, they don't like the role or the position they have, or sometimes it is a deliberate tactic. At any rate, as early as SAU III, SleekDD and Tarbo continuously changed the rule set to minimize the impact of inactive players on the game. Usually, this means detecting inactive players quickly and consistently removing them as soon as possible.

Yes, it does get you a high kill count as a mod which is pretty unnerving (you're removing the players you were making the game for in the first place), but it seems to be an effective way to make the council capable of acting. In this game, for example, it was only possible to vote of a Tzeentchian on the first day. The other days were --well-- fillers, I fear. Even if SleekDD and Tarbo confessed halfway Day 1, we wouldn't have been able to vote any of them.