Group 22 updated Tabletop rules & scenario

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Group 22 updated Tabletop rules & scenario

Post by Kinslayer »

I've rewritten the Tabletop rules for the group to include their newest member as well as to simplify them quite a bit.
If anyone wants to playtest the group either in a game or in the scenario given below please post back and let me know about it!

Group 22

Group 22 are a band of seven brave Druchii mercenaries, who work for the Noble Blackthorn but who can fight for another Druchii Master for the right amount of gold. They have fought together for a long time, and their combined efforts have saved their home city of Vikarh from numerous threats. Vryala is the brains of the group, she is a strong willed and tactful warrior who often finds herself at the head of the group. Fiat stands as a balance in the group, being a warrior with a preference for defensive tactics and always keeping a level head. Karonath is one of the groups Khainites, a ferocious fighter and sarcastic young lady who’s pretty nifty with a big sword. Phalx is one of the groups’ shades, always headstrong and with a preference for ranged weapons. Vash’nir is the shadier shade, sticking to the shadows as he finds the right balance between combat and ranged attack. Yori is the sixth and member of the group, a brutal warrior come dedicated healer. Their latest addition is Saldrimek, a devoted Khainite and highly skilled swordsman. Together they are Group 22, the strongest, fastest, hardest bunch ever to band together in that damned cold city, Vikarh.

The group is only available to the Dark Elves army. The group uses a single rare slot if taken.
The group costs 525 points.

Vryala - M5 WS5 BS5 S3 T3 W2 I6 A2 Ld9
Fiat - M5 WS5 BS4 S4 T3 W2 I6 A2 Ld9
Karonath - M5 WS6 BS4 S3 T3 W2 I7 A2 Ld9
Phalx - M5 WS5 BS6 S3 T3 W2 I5 A2 Ld8
Vash’nir - M5 WS5 BS6 S3 T3 W2 I6 A2 Ld8
Yori - M5 WS5 BS5 S4 T3 W2 I5 A2 Ld8
Saldrimek – M5 WS6 BS4 S4 T3 W2 I7 A2 Ld8

Group Special Rules: Eternal Hatred (see Warhammer Armies: Dark Elves), Mercenaries.

Mercenaries –
The group counts as a single unit for gaming purposes, with the following special rules:
- They move as skirmishers, keeping within 1’’ of each other and causing -1 to hit when shot at.
- Shooting hits are randomised equally throughout the group.
- They always use the highest leadership within their ranks, and never that of the general.
- In combat they can all issue and accept challenges as if they were characters.
- Combat enemies treat them as separate characters when determining who they can hit.
- For every member of the group slain in close combat, the group suffers -1 combat resolution.
- Each member of the group is worth 150 victory points to the enemy if killed, and 75 to you.

Each member of the group has their own equipment, magic items and individual special rule.
These special rules will instantly cease to apply should that member of the group be slain.

Vryala
Leadership – until a member of the group is slain, Vryala confers the special rule 'stubborn'.
The Armour of Night – this magical armour gives Vryala a 4+ armour save.
Equipment – hand weapon, bastard sword, repeater crossbow and shield.

Fiat
Defender – when charged in the front arc, work out striking order as if nobody had charged.
The Helmet of Purity – this magical helmet gives Fiat a 5+ ward save.
Equipment – hand weapon, halberd, shield, sea dragon cloak and heavy armour.

Karonath
Controlled Frenzy – has +1 attack, but must pursue fleeing foes unless she can pass a LD test.
Bloodfeather – this magical Draich gives +2 strength and the always strikes first special rule.
Equipment – 2 hand weapons, light armour and throwing daggers.

Phalx
Headstrong – if Phalx is in range of an enemy he must pass a LD test or has to issue a charge.
Deathspitter – this magical crossbow is move-and-fire, D6x multiple shots, str 3, AP, range 24’’.
Equipment – 2 hand weapons and light armour.

Vash’nir
Concealment – if he is the only model in range of an enemy, that enemy cannot see the group.
Cloak of Dusk – this magical cloak grants a 6+ combat ward save and 3+ shooting ward save.
Equipment – 2 hand weapons, repeater crossbow, and light armour.

Yori
Healer – if not in combat, he can redistribute 1 lost wound to the group at the end of the turn.
Dragons Eye Amulet – this amulet gives Yori a 5+ ward save in close combat and MR(1).
Equipment – hand weapon, double-bladed spear, repeater crossbow, heavy armour and shield.

Saldrimek
Uncontrollable Frenzy – fights with +2 attacks, but must attack the opponent that attacks him.
~yet to be revealed~
Equipment – scimitar, 2 hand weapons and light armour.

You may have noticed there are also three mundane weapons carried by the group which do not have appropriate rules in the Warhammer Rulebook. These weapons are treated as follows:

Bastard Sword – the wielder fights with +1 WS, this is not a hand weapon.
Double-Bladed Spear – the wielder fights with +2 attacks, requires 2 hands to use.
Scimitar – can be used one handed (+1S) or two handed (+2S), state at the start of combat.
Last edited by Kinslayer on Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Scenario 1 – Sjaaris’ Downfall

In search of an artefact needed to help bring down one of their greatest foes, the group willingly enter the camp of Sjaari, the Dark One. This champion of Slaanesh leads a small band of chaos horsemen and is accompanied by a pair of loyal bodyguards. His human banner bearer, Ifrit, is a skilled swordsman and his adopted daughter, the elf known as Lilia, is a keen shot with a bow. The group must obtain the ring that Sjaari wears and then fight their way out of the camp alive, and they come up with a cunning plan to do so. Vryala and Vash’nir lead Lilia away to a nearby hilltop and Phalx and Saldrimek walk with Ifrit until they are out of earshot of the camp. Little do the members of the chaos warband know it, but their new friends are about to deceive them.

The battle should be played on a standard 6’ x 4’ gaming table. This is divided into 3 zones, each 2’ wide and 4’ long.

The Red Cross shows the starting location of Ifrit (half way up the board, 3’’ from the edge)
The Green Cross shows the starting location of Sjaari (directly at the centre of the battlefield)
The Blue Cross shows the starting location of Lilia (half way up the board, 3’’ from the edge)

The chaos player then deploys D6 marauders and D3 marauder horsemen within 12’’ of Sjaari.
All marauders and marauder horsemen have the basic weapon options and no other equipment.

Saldrimek and Phalx must deploy as a single unit within 6’’ of Ifrit.
Vash’nir and Vryala must deploy as a single unit within 6’’ of Lilia.
Fiat, Yori and Karonath must deploy as a single unit within 6’’ of Sjaari.

The Dark Elf player gets the first turn. His objective is simple - to kill Ifrit, Lilia & Sjaari.
The Chaos player is the defender and goes second, his objective is to wipe out the group.

The game lasts 10 turns, after which victory is determined as follows:
Chaos Massacre – all 7 members of group 22 are slain and Sjaari, Ifrit and Lilia survive.
Chaos Major Victory - all 7 members of group 22 are slain and Sjaari survives.
Chaos Minor Victory – Sjaari survives until the end of turn 10.
Draw – any other result
Dark Elf Minor Victory – Sjaari is slain before the end of turn 10.
Dark Elf Major Victory – Sjaari is slain and all 7 members of the group survive.
Dark Elf Massacre – Sjaari, Ifrit and Lilia are slain and all 7 members of the group survive.

Group 22 act as 3 separate groups until they move within 1’’ of each other or enter the same combat, after which they will be merged into a single fighting unit. Any special rules applied by specific members of the group are only applied to the members of the group they are then with.

Sjaari – M5 WS8 BS5 S6 T5 W3 I9 A6 Ld10
Hand weapon, halberd, shield, chaos armour, 5+ ward save

Ifrit – M4 WS6 BS4 S4 T4 W2 I7 A3 Ld9
Hand weapon, shield, chaos armour, and counts as battle standard bearer

Lilia - M5 WS6 BS7 S3 T4 W2 I7 A3 Ld8
2 hand weapons, longbow, and light armour
Dauricha
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Dauricha »

I really like the scenario you have laid out. Ad the rules make sense and would work. I could imagine a whole series of our adventures could be made up into such skirmishes.
Phalx Tr'dasr – WS5 / S4 / T4 / D5 / I4
Equipment: Deathspitter (5/20) 4 of these poisoned (1/2x QD, 3xSD), short sword, dagger, punching dagger (Bloodthirst Rune), shade cloak, full leather armour
Inventory: thieves tools, torches x3, healing balms x5, rope and grapple, Vikarh map, dice, winter gear, orc tusk,
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 5829
Skills: Basic Stealth, Precision Fire, Basic Ride, Frenzy, Ambidexterity,Suithenlu Khythan (1): SP2
Class: Shade
Check out, http://thingsfrom1934.com/
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

You really do put the rest of us RPGers to shame with your 80+ pages and special rules, and now this! Honestly!
(Goes and sits in a corner mumbling about dead groups)

Seriously though it is a nice idea well done, I might to the same if group 28 ever gets to a stage where they have enough abilities and stat ect boosts to make it viable.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Raneth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Raneth »

Holy sh*t Sjaari is a monster. GG. :lol:
Vryala Naïlo - WS5 / S5 / T5 / D5 / I4

Equipment: bastard sword of Speed, shield of Defence, repeater (20/20), spear, mace, dagger, Armour of Night, SDC, whip, blowpipe (9/12)
Inventory: amulet of Strength, grapple, grenade x0, smoke x11, map, mage hand, sleep oil x8, cure balms x20, Yori's balms x1, winter gear, old kit, lion mask
Mount: Dark Steed (Blanky), barding, talisman of Protection
Gold: 1735
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Anarin Sarath (2), Basic Ride
Class: Warrior
Layne
Arnold Layne
Arnold Layne

Post by Layne »

There are some issues.

Mercenaries -

How does this rule with member slain means -1 CR work? Does it mean the enemy gets their 1 or 2 [we have 2 wounds] and we also lose 1?

Vryala -

If Vryala - who has the highest Ld - stops being Stubborn the moment we lose someone, is that not also exactly the same moment when Stubbornness might have been handy?

Also the idea of a bastard word is it can be taken in two hands. So I think that V's weapon should count as a hand weapon, but may be taken in two hands for +1S. This makes it better than Fiat's halberd but we can't hold you to account for daffy WHFB rules.

Fiat -

Unless I'm mistaken, The Group are skirmishers. They have no front arc. Fiat will never Defend.

Also I think the Helmet of Purity should give the group and especially Fiat extra protection from anything Slaaneshi.

Karonath -

She handed over 1000g and only got light armour? Also she suffers no filthy ASF. As long as Bloodfeather is just a +2S weapon she'll be fine at I7. Unless she fights a High Elf... eh?

Phalx -

I think Deathspitter ought to be just 3 shots rather than D6. unnecessary randomness IMO.

Vash'nir -

It all makes sense but it doesn't add up to a guy who can do very much on a battle field.

Yori -

Dragons Eye I think should give the group ItP. MR1 seems a more fitting bonus for the Helm.

Double bladed spear is alright as long as it counts as a normal spear one-handed.

Saldrimek -

Looks fine. As long as the scimitar is not a hand weapon.

Scenario -

Where's Jarin?

IT's a bit of a dice off. The three members of the group near Sjaari have exactly zero chance of holding him off - they must either risk killing him outright in the first turn, or avoid him until they can get the group together.
Layne
Global Moderator. Everything but the weather.

Caveat Numptor.

Karonath - WS6 / S4 / T4 / D5 / I3
Equipment: Bloodfeather, heavy armour, helm, Sea Dragon Cloak, rope x 2, month rations x 2
Inventory: longspear, 2 short swords, glaive, winter gear, shade cloak,
Mount: Dark Steed (Shiny), talisman of kurnous
Gold: 2294
Skills: Ambidexterity, Controlled Frenzy, Basic Ride, Drukh Kaganth
Class: Khainite
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Layne wrote:There are some issues.

Mercenaries -

How does this rule with member slain means -1 CR work? Does it mean the enemy gets their 1 or 2 [we have 2 wounds] and we also lose 1?

Normal CR applies so the enemy gets their 1 or 2, plus an additonal -1 for the group. I know it has never happened in the game, but if you got into a situation where members started to get killed I'm sure you'd try to back down and rethink it (or just go mental?)

Vryala -

If Vryala - who has the highest Ld - stops being Stubborn the moment we lose someone, is that not also exactly the same moment when Stubbornness might have been handy?

Good point, should put this back to +1LD instead then

Also the idea of a bastard word is it can be taken in two hands. So I think that V's weapon should count as a hand weapon, but may be taken in two hands for +1S. This makes it better than Fiat's halberd but we can't hold you to account for daffy WHFB rules.

I like this better too.

Fiat -

Unless I'm mistaken, The Group are skirmishers. They have no front arc. Fiat will never Defend.

Doh, any other ideas then?

Also I think the Helmet of Purity should give the group and especially Fiat extra protection from anything Slaaneshi.

Okay helm now MR(1) and MR(2) against Lore of Slaanesh?

Karonath -

She handed over 1000g and only got light armour? Also she suffers no filthy ASF. As long as Bloodfeather is just a +2S weapon she'll be fine at I7. Unless she fights a High Elf... eh?

Heavy armour, sorry was going by what you had before.

Phalx -

I think Deathspitter ought to be just 3 shots rather than D6. unnecessary randomness IMO.

I liked D6, maybe vote on it?

Vash'nir -

It all makes sense but it doesn't add up to a guy who can do very much on a battle field.

Suggestions?

Yori -

Dragons Eye I think should give the group ItP. MR1 seems a more fitting bonus for the Helm.

Done

Double bladed spear is alright as long as it counts as a normal spear one-handed.

Yes it is a 'spear' too

Saldrimek -

Idea was to have it as one handed + hand weapon, +1S +1A, or just two handed for +2S

Scenario -

Where's Jarin?

IT's a bit of a dice off. The three members of the group near Sjaari have exactly zero chance of holding him off - they must either risk killing him outright in the first turn, or avoid him until they can get the group together.

Totally forgot about Jarin :shock:

You'll have to bare with me, I no longer play the game so my knowledge of what works and what does not are somewhat diminished.

I'm open to suggestions for improvement.

Let's work on the group, then maybe we can lay down ideas for the scenario all together.
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

I love it. :D A few queries though.

I have S3 in game, yet here I have S4. While Karonath in game has S4, yet here she has S3. Also Uncontrollable Frenzy and Frenzy; are they the same in ruletop games would you say or should they be slightly different?

And one more thing. This yet to be revealed thing for my characters luggage, what's that about? Or should it be Yet to be purchased? :P
Saldrimek Xenan - WS6 / S4 / T3 / D5 / I3

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Inventory: Amulet of Darkness, Poison Vials x7, Deadly Poison Vials x8
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 163
Skills: Ambidexterity, Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting, Ride
Layne
Arnold Layne
Arnold Layne

Post by Layne »

Kinslayer wrote:
Layne wrote:There are some issues.

Mercenaries -

Normal CR applies so the enemy gets their 1 or 2, plus an additonal -1 for the group. I know it has never happened in the game, but if you got into a situation where members started to get killed I'm sure you'd try to back down and rethink it (or just go mental?)

Dug.

Vryala -

Good point, should put this back to +1LD instead then

I like this better too.

Fiat -

Doh, any other ideas then?

Time please.

Okay helm now MR(1) and MR(2) against Lore of Slaanesh?

Dug. But it should add it his armour save too, I think.

Karonath -

Heavy armour, sorry was going by what you had before.

Phalx -

I liked D6, maybe vote on it?

Roll for it?

Vash'nir -

Suggestions?

I couldn't think of anything. He'd be awesomesauce in Mordheim, or a similar game, but in Warhammer he's just one guy.

Yori -

Done

Yes it is a 'spear' too

Saldrimek -

Idea was to have it as one handed + hand weapon, +1S +1A, or just two handed for +2S

I forgempt he had another hand weapon anyhow. Is that the axe he carries, or have we forgotten that too?

Scenario -

Where's Jarin?

Totally forgot about Jarin :shock:

You'll have to bare with me, I no longer play the game so my knowledge of what works and what does not are somewhat diminished.

I'm open to suggestions for improvement.

Let's work on the group, then maybe we can lay down ideas for the scenario all together.
Layne

Caveat Numptor.

Equipment: Bloodfeather, heavy armour, helm, Sea Dragon Cloak, rope x 2, month rations x 2
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Khel wrote:I love it. :D A few queries though.

I have S3 in game, yet here I have S4. While Karonath in game has S4, yet here she has S3. Also Uncontrollable Frenzy and Frenzy; are they the same in ruletop games would you say or should they be slightly different?

And one more thing. This yet to be revealed thing for my characters luggage, what's that about? Or should it be Yet to be purchased? :P

I thought they did work slightly different. Uncontrollable frenzy gives you two extra attacks but you have to attack who attacked you. So if a rank and file swordsman attacks you, you have to focus all your attacks on that one model. Hence going first would always be a big advantage, as you could slice up more than one foe.

Karonaths' controlled frenzy works differently to Frenzy too, IIRC

Strengths need switching then, thanks!

All the other members of the group got a magical item (a sword, armour, cloak, crossbow, amulet and helmet) when they visited the realm of chaos and helped a Tzeentchian prince rid his realm of his Slaaneshi brother. You don't have a magical item, but that doesn't mean you won't 'earn' one at some point (as to keep it fair) ;)
Layne
Arnold Layne
Arnold Layne

Post by Layne »

I checked the profile, you have the wrong weapons for Saldrimek. He should have his scimitar, one hand weapon and a great weapon [two handed battle axe]. Maybe Vash'nir's cloak could allow the Group to scout?
Layne

Caveat Numptor.

Syjahel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Syjahel »

Seriously though it is a nice idea well done, I might to the same if group 28 ever gets to a stage where they have enough abilities and stat ect boosts to make it viable.

I'll drink to that! :D

From an outsider's point of view it looks like an interesting expansion.
RIP Group 28
~ We Never Slept ~