Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

SAU 18 - Sign up thread!

Post by Kinslayer »

Greetings minions!

With the latest SAU and SA games now over and closed, I assume there are some people out there without an RP group looking for something to do, as well as plenty of old timer SAU fans ready and willing to participate in another game. I've spoken to Tarbo and decided to give it a shot, but this is my first time hosting one of these so please be patient!

If you'd like to participate, leave a post in this thread saying so.

I'm aiming for around 10 players.

Current player list
  1. Raneth
  2. Meteor
  3. Tarbo
  4. Deroth
  5. LordAnubis
  6. Vaari
  7. Drainial
  8. Sidorio
  9. Ubba

the following is taken [and edited where necessary] from Tarbos last SAU signup post

What is a SAU?

SAU stands for Slaanesh Amongst Us. The name hails from the early days of SAU on Druchii.net, where Slaaneshi had infiltrated a group of Khainist Druchii and had to be rooted out. While the protagonists and villains change with every session, the fundamental concepts remain the same.

The game is about a number of players amongst whom are incognito infiltrators. Each Day, all players can vote by majority to execute one of their fellows in hopes of in fact catching an infiltrator. Each Night, the infiltrators get to kill one of the loyalists. The loyalists win when all infiltrators are caught and eliminated. The infiltrators win when they equal or outnumber the loyalists.

What are the requirements to join?

You should be able to keep track of the game at least once every two days, and preferrably daily. To keep the game flowing along at a steady pace, there are deadlines to every game phase. Typically, these phases are about 72 hours (3 days) in length. Experience teaches that phases longer than this tends to get the game 'stuck' and, because of the forum-nature of these games, SAUs are notoriously difficult to 'unstuck'.

How does the game work?

There are three main alternating phases to the game: the Morning phase, Evening phase, and Night phase. To set the phases apart from actual times in the short stories, phases always carry an initial capital letter: Morning, Evening, Night. After Morning comes Evening, then Night, and then Morning again.

The Morning and Evening phases are when all players convene and decide who, if anyone, to vote. Conversely, the Night phase gives infiltrators a chance to kill a loyalist.

-- The Morning phase --
Morning comes when Night ends, and is the phase where all players gather again to discuss. Everyone is required to post at least once in the Morning phase; players that have not posted by the time Morning ends are removed from the game.

Voting is possible during Morning, but execution is not. Votes made during Morning carry over to Evening, possibly leading to an execution.

-- The Evening phase --
When Morning ends, Evening sets in. During the Evening, posting is not required, but is still encouraged.

A majority vote leads to an immediate execution during Evening. When a player is removed through voting, or when the deadline is reached, Evening ends, and players retreat for the Night.

-- The Night phase --
Night starts as soon as Evening ends. The Night phase is when people with special abilities may choose how to use them; more importantly, it is when the infiltrators decide on and perform their kill, removing a loyalist from the game.

Infiltrators, and other players with the explicit ability to do so, may use the Night to communicate covertly with their allies. No other players may contact each other regarding the SAU.

When Night ends, Morning starts.

The game starts at Morning.

When do we start?

When we have enough players. But don't worry, we usually wait a few more days to give latecomers a chance to sign up before we kick off.

How long does this game take?

The game typically lasts about a month, a month-and-a-half. If you're going on holidays, conventions, or congress for more than a few days in the next two months, you should probably sit this one out. (There'll be other games.)
Last edited by Kinslayer on Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:42 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Raneth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Raneth »

Technically, me and Sid won last time... and I'm ready to mix it up again. Count me in. :twisted:
Vryala Naïlo - WS5 / S5 / T5 / D5 / I4

Equipment: bastard sword of Speed, shield of Defence, repeater (20/20), spear, mace, dagger, Armour of Night, SDC, whip, blowpipe (9/12)
Inventory: amulet of Strength, grapple, grenade x0, smoke x11, map, mage hand, sleep oil x8, cure balms x20, Yori's balms x1, winter gear, old kit, lion mask
Mount: Dark Steed (Blanky), barding, talisman of Protection
Gold: 1735
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Anarin Sarath (2), Basic Ride
Class: Warrior
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Raneth wrote:Technically, me and Sid won last time... and I'm ready to mix it up again. Count me in. :twisted:

Welcome aboard, always a pleasure to RP with you Bobby ;)
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Nobody else? :?
Meteor
Executioner

Post by Meteor »

I'd give it a shot, have read some and they sound quite fun when people get into it.
What's mine is mine, What's yours is mine.
Now that we understand each other, lets get down to business.

Jacks -Shade
- WS 5 - - S 3 - - T 2 - - D 6 - - I 5 -

Equipment
Short Sword, MC Long Sword*, Dagger, RxB & RHB [20/10] MC Shade Cloak, 4 Throwing Daggers, 3x Healing Vials, 451C, [3]Dark Venom, [4]Unseen Chains, Food, Dark Steed- Spike

Skills
Basic Stealth, Awareness, TWF, Suithenlu Khythan, Ride

Magic Item
Eye of the Jabberwock

*Magical properties possibly imbued
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Great, it would be good if we could get a few more of the dedicated regulars in too, I hope we get enough for this to go ahead as I've already written up most of the initial post.
Tarbo
Morathi's Best Friend
Morathi's Best Friend

Post by Tarbo »

Cannot resist! Must... play... SAU!

I'm not addicted, I'm dedicated. I can quit whenever I want. Really. Stop looking at me like I can't. I can. I just won't.

Now, how can an ego-maniac like myself resist joining a game with his own opening post? ;)
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Tarbo wrote:Cannot resist! Must... play... SAU!

I'm not addicted, I'm dedicated. I can quit whenever I want. Really. Stop looking at me like I can't. I can. I just won't.

Now, how can an ego-maniac like myself resist joining a game with his own opening post? ;)

Haha, welcome aboard, I thought I'd use yours rather than try to explain it myself since I'm new to the system and would probably confuse things.

That said, I know how to play and aim to make it enjoyable, so we're just waiting on you guys to sign up!
Deroth
Assassin

Post by Deroth »

Yea I'm keen, I only spotted this post today.
If I had a knife I would shoot you
Vaari
Black Guard

Post by Vaari »

This would be my First D.net RP, but I'm more than keen to join.

And being the good druchii that you are, if I suck, I can be easily killed off.

EDiT :

So I just read through SAU 17 , awesome stuff, can't wait till this kicks off.
Group 28
Name - Seijl Illydrien Class- Shade
Character Stats
- WS 6 - - S 3 - - T 3 - - D 4 - - I 4 -
Equipment
MC Light Armour, MC Buckler, MC Longsword,, Repeater Crossbow, Dagger w/ UC, Dagger w/ DV Shade Cloak. Field Kit (Healing x3), Vials of Unseen Chains (x3 uses) , Vials of Dark Venom (x4 uses) , Lamia Fang, Harpy Claws
Circlets : 260, , Emerald Eye (200Circ.) Rations: 10/10 Bolts: 16/20 , Null Stone
Skills
Basic Stealth - Heal
Lordanubis
Dark Rider

Post by Lordanubis »

I'd like to play as well. SAUs are an excellent way to pass the time, after all.
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Looking for 4 or 5 more players then we can begin... Please spread the word, let the regulars know this is here etc ;)
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

When was the last time I missed one? I am certainly in. Once more into the breach dear friends, we'll choke their knives with our elven blood!

Kinslayer wrote:
Tarbo wrote:Cannot resist! Must... play... SAU!

Haha, welcome aboard, I thought I'd use yours rather than try to explain it myself since I'm new to the system and would probably confuse things.

That said, I know how to play and aim to make it enjoyable, so we're just waiting on you guys to sign up!

Ha, I did the same thing with my TAUs, there's no use trying to improve on perfection.

Oh and Raneth, is that some new strange kind of victory where you die and lots of other people don't? We had you sussed my friend, technically nothing. :D
Last edited by Drainial on Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Sidorio
Assassin

Post by Sidorio »

I might give it a go again, maybe I'll survive past day 1 this time.
Vash’nir - WS5 / S4 / T4 / D5 / I3
Equipment: 2 asrai short swords, assassins dagger, silver dagger, modified repeater crossbow (20/20), hunting spear, Cloak of Dusk, full leather armour
Inventory: talisman of protection, talisman of night, smoke bombs x6, rope x2, healing balms x10, climbing axe x2, skinning knives, winter gear, Vikarh map, pouch of powder, 4 fire bombs
Mount: Dark Steed (Falken)
Gold: 2270
Skills: Stealth, Two Weapon Fighting, Basic Ride
Class: Shade
Deroth
Assassin

Post by Deroth »

Good luck Sidorio :P
If I had a knife I would shoot you
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

A few more would be nice, Ideally we need at least another 2 :twisted:
Ubba
Trainee Warrior

Post by Ubba »

I am in.
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Okay, with 9 players I am going to begin the game. If a tenth player comes along before the first turn ends I might be able to squeeze them in.

Head over to the game thread guys, Let's not get killed for inactivity on day one! ;)
Vaari
Black Guard

Post by Vaari »

SAU 19????
Group 28
Character Stats
Equipment
MC Light Armour, MC Buckler, MC Longsword,, Repeater Crossbow, Dagger w/ UC, Dagger w/ DV Shade Cloak. Field Kit (Healing x3), Vials of Unseen Chains (x3 uses) , Vials of Dark Venom (x4 uses) , Lamia Fang, Harpy Claws
Circlets : 260, , Emerald Eye (200Circ.) Rations: 10/10 Bolts: 16/20 , Null Stone
Skills
Basic Stealth - Heal
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Just as soon as someone wants to organise it, fancy a try? I warn you, it is more work than you might think.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Gentleman of Moderation
Tarbo
Morathi's Best Friend
Morathi's Best Friend

Post by Tarbo »

Yes, finding a host who can expend the time and energy is usually the bottleneck, isn't it? I might toss another one, but I couldn't be sure about my schedule, since I've got the 24/7 stand-by shifts for the next few weeks. Could be quiet, could be busy. Also, a story of sorts.

It'd be best if someone else could host a SAU, but I might be able to step up if needed.

Maybe we could round up players first, see how many we can get together this time.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Well in Britain at least summer holidays are coming to, or have already come to, an end, so I would have thought that now would be a bit of a better time. Better still would be a few weeks when everyone is back settled into whatever it is they do.

Of course that doesn't solve the problem of finding someone to do it, though I might if I can think of a decent story and if there is enough interest expressed. It would be nice to make up for having missed this one and leaving my comrade in deamonhood high and dry.

Gentleman of Moderation
Vaari
Black Guard

Post by Vaari »

Understood. I am supposed to be busy with uni till nov, but I still managed to find time for SAU. I've read a few arena's, they sound like fun.

So i'll be patient, and later on in the year, I will try my hand at hosting a game or two, even if playing them is much more fun.
Group 28
Character Stats
Equipment
Skills
Basic Stealth - Heal