VAU I - Sign up (closed)

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

VAU I - Sign up (closed)

Post by Kinslayer »

It has been a while since I ran the last SAU (Slaanesh Amongst Us) RPG, and there hasn't been any other "Amongst Us" games since. I'm putting this one out there to see if there is enough genuine interest to play a new game. It is basically the same game as the SAU or TAU games but with a few minor differences. I'm not the best when it comes to explaining things, and the game system has already been explained in the past, so I will just quote it (edited where necessary)...

Tarbo wrote:For the new players, here are basic rules:

Phases:

There are two phases in a game: Day and Night. At Day, the council convenes and deliberates on what to do, and possibly who to vote off to execution/incarceration. At Night, the “bad guys” use their abilities to the detriment of the council (usually killing someone).

When the Day ends, Night falls, and when the Night ends, Day clears again. Typically, such a phase is between 48 and 96 hours. Deadlines are typically set at the start of a phase.

Voting:

During the Day, everyone can vote for whomever they want (although only one at the same time). If you change your mind and vote someone else, you don't need to unvote; an implicit retraction is understood.

When anyone reaches a majority (50% + 1) of votes against him or her, that person is removed from the game, and the identity revealed. The Day ends immediately.

Votes are put in boldcase letters. If you want to vote for Drainial, you write Vote: Drainial. The boldcase and format are for me to count votes easily.

If you really, really want to make me happy, put or repeat your vote at the end of your post, on a new line.

Win conditions:

The Council wins when the Vampire Adversary is defeated.

The Vampire wins when they gain a 50% foothold in the Council.

Other rules:
    You may not:
  • Remain silent during the Day.
  • Contact other players except where explicitly noted.
  • Reveal OOC / meta-information.
  • Post more than once at Night.
  • Edit your posts. Never.
    You should always:
  • Post at least once during the Day. Preferably more, 1 is the absolute minimum.

I hope the basics of the game are now understood, most of you will know them already anyway. Now come the Vampire specific rules not found in other SAU games.

In the game there is one Vampire, and every other player is a human. The Vampire is the opponent, the enemy. The master of the Night. During the Night phase, the Vampire will choose one player to kill. That player will be instantly removed from the game and their identity revealed. The Vampire can expertly disguise himself as a human however, so his identity will never be known unless he is voted to be slain. He can act and vote like a normal human during the Day, all the better to disguise his evil doings during the Night.

Depending on the number of players, X amount of humans will be 'unwitting slaves' to the Vampire. These players will seem like regular humans to the rest of the council, however the Vampire will know who they are. They, however, will not know who the Vampire is. They will be told who to vote for in each phase, and they must vote for that player. The Vampire will tell me who he wants them to vote for, and I will tell them. Thus the urge to vote for a certain player will fall upon their mind, without them ever knowing who had willed it. For the sake of the game, the unwitting slaves can not let on that their vote had been planted into their mind. They barely register this themselves, if at all.

The unwitting slaves can help the Vampire gain the majority over the Council, however their number is fixed from the beginning of the game. If the unwitting slaves are all voted off before the Vampire can take control of the council, he will practically be left to fend for himself. As this would mean he needed to kill off all the other council members to take an advanage, I have decided that should all his unwitting slaves be removed from the game, he can then opt to voluntarily pour his will into one 'puppet' each turn. The puppet can change from turn to turn, and must vote for the player the Vampire wills them to through me. Like the unwitting slaves, the puppet can never let on as to his identity, as he does not realise it himself.

There is no puppet while their are still unwitting slaves in the game. The Vampires will is busy controlling his other minions. There can also be no puppet when there are 3 or less players remaining in the game, as the Vampire at this stage has turned his will to identifying his best hope for survival. In reality, this is to stop the Vampire and his puppet ganging up on the last human to take an easy win. Once the game is down to just 3 players, the Vampire will have to use all his willpower deciding which one of the other players will vote with him, rather than against him!

In addition to the Vampire, the unwitting slaves, and perhaps the arrival of a puppet within the game, one of the humans will be a renegade Witch Hunter, who is himself wanted for murder. The Witch Hunter is an experienced Vampire slayer and knows the signs to look out for when identifying such a creature. He posseses the ability to investigate one player each Night. The Witch Hunter must PM me the name of the player he is investigating each night, if any. I will inform him if the player is a human, or is indeed the Vampire. Once the Witch Hunter has identified the Vampire he can try to elliminate him through voting. He can not, however, state openly that he knows who the Vampire is, as this will identify him as the Witch Hunter, and see him thrown in prison for his rutheless executions.

The Witch Hunters role is to identify the Vampire as quickly as possible and then sway the votes against him, without ever letting on to the council who he really is himself.

The Council will win when the Vampire is slain. This could be down to sheer luck, or could be thanks to them figuring him out.

The Vampire will win if him and his minions take a majority hold over the Council, by killing them at Night or letting them vote each other into death.

(only the Vampire knows the number of wittless slaves he controls at any one time, and only he knows their identities. The slaves do not know who the Vampire is. This goes for puppets too)

I Hope all is understood. I think the roles I have laid out will give us a balanced game. To sign up all you have to do is create a character profile and post them below.

Name: your characters name
Age: your characters human age (although one of you will really be a few thousand years older than you're letting on!)
Appearance: what does your character look like?
Background: a brief background about your characters life.

You will all be members of the same town, somewhere in the Empire. Your background should detail your profession within the Town and, if you want it to, your life beforehand.

A few ideas for profiles... a farmer, a blacksmith, a woodsman or hunter, a member of the night watch, a town guard, a retired soldier, a local mercenary sellsword, a butcher, a wealthy noble, a snobbish merchant. All the folk you would find around a warhammer town.

Please no grave diggers! Your profession will probably put a bit too much suspicion on your shoulders, and you may find yourself voted off fairly quickly! Then again, it is entirely up to you. Make your characters interesting and fun.

You cannot be the towns Mayor. That is me (the host).
Last edited by Kinslayer on Mon May 23, 2011 9:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Current Players List

I think we will need about ten players to make this work, but if more sign up the bigger the better!

1. Drainial
    2. Dragonsbreath
    3. Raneth
    4. Deroth
    5. Dresden
    6. Darkdoom
    7. Lord Damian Valar
    8. Belial
    9. Druchiith Darkstar
Last edited by Kinslayer on Mon May 23, 2011 8:13 am, edited 8 times in total.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Well I have never been one to say no to an -AU, I hope this one is not subject to the same degree of inactivity that has plagued the last few games.

Name: Richard Medly

Appearance: 5.7", light brown hair thinning on top. Wears simple though clearly expensive clothing in fairly new fashions. Might have been hansom in his youth before his hair began to go. He also has a small but livid scar to the left of his left eye. He also sports a rapier when circumstances allow.

Background: The sixth son of a minor baron in Brettonia Richard was expected to make his own way in the world; not being an unkind man his eldest brother gave him a decent amount of money when their father died. Richard spent this money satiating his thirst for adventure by buying a small ship and heading for the new world in search of his fortune. He found it and returned to the old world with plaques of gold and gems enough to set him up for life. Settling in the empire (regarding his home land as a backwards place which besides only served to remind him that he was still vastly inferior to his brother in terms of wealth and prestige) he became a banker, lending his considerable sums of money in return for interest. Although this may not be the noblest of professions it was certainly a profitable one and Richard Medly is a rich man, though a board one who once more yearns for the adventures of his youth.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Dragonsbreath
Warrior

Post by Dragonsbreath »

Name: Jessica Harmann

Appearance: Jessica is fairly short, standing at just over five feet high. She is pretty - full lips, a short, pointed, nose and large stormy blue eyes. Her shoulder length auburn hair is most often tied back in a ponytail, which - along with the simple clothes of undyed cloth which she wears - give her a practical look.

Background: Jessica was born in Nuln, though life in the bustling city state never suited her. She longed for a simpler life away from the sprawling alleys and clamoring crowds, but lacked the money to leave. At age 22, she was married to an engineer - a proud moment for her family, who were of a low standing in the city. Not long after her betrothal, however, her husband was killed while testing a self-firing cannon - leaving her to inherit a small sum of money. While shocked by her husbands untimely death, Jessica took the opportunity to move away from the city, and begin a new life elsewhere. After traveling for a short time, she finally settled in the town and set to work as a seamstress.
Last edited by Dragonsbreath on Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Drainial has a point, please only apply if you will be active for the duration of the game, which will probably last somewhere between 3 and 6 weeks. If the Vampire is caught out straight away on Day 1 or 2 just by being unlucky, I will restart the game with the same players and we can have a couple of shots at it.

You will all be members of the same town, somewhere in the Empire. Your background should detail your profession within the Town and, if you want it to, your life beforehand.

A few ideas for profiles... a farmer, a blacksmith, a woodsman or hunter, a member of the night watch, a town guard, a retired soldier, a local mercenary sellsword, a butcher, a wealthy noble, a snobbish merchant. All the folk you would find around a warhammer town.

Please no grave diggers! Your profession will probably put a bit too much suspicion on your shoulders, and you may find yourself voted off fairly quickly! Then again, it is entirely up to you. Make your characters interesting and fun.

You cannot be the towns Mayor. That is me (the host).
Raneth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Raneth »

Name: Marquesse Beatrice Almasy d'Ily of Morrswalt

Appearance: Typical grey-haired, pompous, turkey-necked noblewoman.

Background: Scion of a once great lineage, Beatrice has lived a life as an impoverished but proud noblewoman, happy to fill her days with sneering at and looking down on the people around her. Until one afternoon Beatrice woke up, surrounded by flames - it seemed her servants finally got tired of her BS and set her mansion aflame. Somehow she managed to escape the burning Almasy estate in secrecy, alone, and immediately resolved to settle someplace far away and get some new slaves to bully.
Vryala Naïlo - WS5 / S5 / T5 / D5 / I4

Equipment: bastard sword of Speed, shield of Defence, repeater (20/20), spear, mace, dagger, Armour of Night, SDC, whip, blowpipe (9/12)
Inventory: amulet of Strength, grapple, grenade x0, smoke x11, map, mage hand, sleep oil x8, cure balms x20, Yori's balms x1, winter gear, old kit, lion mask
Mount: Dark Steed (Blanky), barding, talisman of Protection
Gold: 1735
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Anarin Sarath (2), Basic Ride
Class: Warrior
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Welcome aboard Bobby, it is always great fun RPing with you!

COME ON GUYS! I KNOW THERE ARE MORE OF YOU OUT THERE!
Deroth
Assassin

Post by Deroth »

Name: Dietrich Peitsmeyer

Appearance: He has tan skin, green eyes and spiky red hair which is long and matted. He is average height and has a stocky build and his clothes are usually quite well-worn,

Background: Dietrich is a local to the area and took over his fathers place as a blacksmith working mainly for the town guard. In his younger days he dreamed of leaving town and serving in the count's armies but these days he is content to work away in his smithy and look after his family.
If I had a knife I would shoot you
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

I'm a bit disapointed to see so few candidates after the weekend! I was hoping for at least ten players but more is always better. I'll try contacting members who have a character waiting in the creation pool as they might still be waiting for a chance to RP.

If anyone is uncertain about joining due to not understanding the aim of the game, it is very easy to pick up once we begin and is always good fun!
Dresden
Trainee Warrior

Post by Dresden »

Name: Gunther Fuchsholzhauer

Appearance: A tall, bear of a man at 6' 2'' and sporting the real, working muscle of a man whose lived a life of manual labor, rounded somewhat by a small paunch in recent years. He sports a full beard and long brown hair kept back in a ponytail, the streaks of grey now running through it serving to sharpen his image, and going well with his clear blue eyes.

Background: Gunther is a woodcutter by trade, as the men of his family had been for generations. He had never traveled far from his home village, basically only venturing forth to enter the local woods. He is known for his cleverness and strong knowledge of the local forest. In his younger days, the townwatch often used him as a scout when a small band of greenskins or marauding beastmen, too small a threat to bother the pompous nobles in charge of these lands, threatened the town. This has meant he has learned some measure of how to defend himself with knife and axe, though he is not a fighter by trade. He enjoys good drink, though not too much, and pretty much tries to live his life without causing too much of a stir.
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

We're half way there.. 5 or 6 more and we can begin.
Darkdoom
Executioner

Post by Darkdoom »

Name: Nina

Appearance: Long straight dark brown hair, a delicate face and a crooked smile, with a height of 163cm rather short

Background: Coming from a big merchant family Nina had a lot of interactions with nobles, in the good and the bad, but she was always fascinated, and when she came into her womanhood they became increasingly interested in her, too. But that was her youth, now she is a loyal mistress to a local noble.
Sangui Sangetsu Group 34

WS:5
S :4
T :2
D :3
I :4

Equipment: Longsword, Dagger, Leather amour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Repeater Handbow - 2 x 4 and 1 x 3bolts, pocket sundial, dry rations, 125 Crowns
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Welcome aboard. I will try and rope my roleplaying team into joining the roster as this will give us at least enough players to begin, ideally I would like more than ten though. Pass word around and see who you can persuade to join over the weekend.
Lord damian valar
Cold One Knight

Post by Lord damian valar »

Hi, I never entered one of these, so be a bit patient with me, but I'm willing to give it a try!

Name: Piotr Kharevish

Appearance: Due to his age and unhealthy lifestyle Piotr looks like a mess. His shoulders are sagged and he hunches over when his bended legs take him anywhere. His wrinkled old face holds beady rimmed eyes and the few teeth remaining in his mouth are yellow and stained. His head is spotted and bald, save for some greasy grey hairs he calls a beard.

Background: Piotr is the town drunk, and a bad drunk for that. Although no one of this generation remembers he came to town in his youth as a promising bard and storyteller. Too bad for Piotr he fell in love....with the bottle and as his relationship with the drink developed, his career as a bard was soon destroyed. Piotr never stopped drinking though and over the years turned into a miserable old geezer that doenst really like anyone. He lives in a shack at the edge of town (or sometimes on the floor of the tavern) and lives for his next drink. He sometimes (when desperate, for he would rather scold at them) tells one of his old stories for willing listeners in the tavern in exchance for some heavy liquer. Allthough nobody really likes him, he is accepted as part of the town and most people take his badmouthing for what it is, so he rarely gets knocked out these days anymore.

( first question: How are you guys on language? I will try not to be totally abusive with words, but may I in a creative way insult other players?.....in character offcourse?)
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Welcome aboard, and do not worry about being new to the SAU (or in this case, VAU) game as it is easy to pick up. If we find a few more players over the weekend I can get things started some time next week.

As for language, forum rules apply, so no swearing, no racism etc. Other than that you can be creative :lol:
Lord damian valar
Cold One Knight

Post by Lord damian valar »

Any updates? Will this still go on?
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

It will, I'm just waiting for a few more players...
Belial
Modest Member

Post by Belial »

I want in on this. It'll be two days before I have time to think up and write a character, since I'm halfway out the door for a short trip to another city. If you can wait 'till Sunday, I'll be back and ready to write up a char there.
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

I'm going away until Sunday now myself anyway so that will be fine. I'm just waiting until we reach ten players or more before I can really begin though.
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Sorry guys but I can't see this playing for more than a few turns with the current number of players, I was going for ten minimum but hoping for a few more than that to be honest.

I've got quite a lot on anyway, but I'm still happy to give it a shot if we get a few more players signed up. I'm just hoping the 8 we do have still want to play when a few more turn up...
Druchiith darkstar
Slave on the Altar

Post by Druchiith darkstar »

This sounds like fun.. :D
Sign me up.

Name: Kristoff Hellsing

Appearance: Kristoff is of average hieght 5' 7", slightly tanned, Brown hair and Grey eyes. He has a worldly look to him, he's quite charismatic in his demeanour and has a rugged yet groomed look.

Background: Kristoff is of noble birth, but strays away from his heritage, his father is a renowned Hunter of fantastical creatures, and Kristoff has spent most of his life convincing others that he is NOT the offspring of his father, as he loves creatures of all shapes and sizes, and deeply believes that all life is equally precious. He is a bit of a hippy in this regard, though he does enjoy Smithing. He makes his living crafting all sorts of objects and trickets for wealthy men and women within the marketplace, but none know of his noble line as he tries to keep a low profile and prefers to live WITH the people, instead of ABOVE them.
Druchiith Darkstar
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Thanks for signing up, in that case I will give it a couple more days just to see if we can hit ten players, otherwise I well start with you 9. Can you please just post again letting me know you are here & ready.
Dragonsbreath
Warrior

Post by Dragonsbreath »

I'm here and ready.
Druchiith darkstar
Slave on the Altar

Post by Druchiith darkstar »

I'm still here & ready.
Also, with only 9 players would it be relevant to only have 1-2 unwitting mind-slaves instead of 3...?
Druchiith Darkstar
Deroth
Assassin

Post by Deroth »

yup here
If I had a knife I would shoot you