TAU IV closed Sign up and OOC thread

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

I think it is only fair to bring to general attention the fact that I have made a slight change in the way voting works. Traditionally an overall majority is required to vote anyone off; that is a majority of members of the whole council rather than just those who have voted so in a council of eleven six votes would constitute an overall majority. Those of you whose first experience of these kinds of games was the recent VAU will be familiar with a different system whereby a basic majority of votes was enough to send you to the hangman.

Both of these systems have their good points and drawbacks, the overall majority requirement often meant stasis in the council where as the basic majority I felt left too little time for debate. With these points in mind this is how voting in TAU IV will work:

If any player receives an overall majority of votes (an overall majority being 50%+1 of the whole council voting for a single player) the day ends immediately; that player is removed from the game and their guilt or innocence is revealed.

If no overall majority is reached by the deadline (usually three days) then the player with the most votes against them will be removed in a like manner and their guilt or innocence will be revealed. If more than one player has equal votes against them none will be killed.

By changing to this system I hope that we can avoid hasty kills while also avoiding gridlock. I apologise for not changing all of this before the start of the game rather than half way through the first day but as no one has yet been killed it should not disadvantage anyone unfairly.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Smiler666
Highborn

Post by Smiler666 »

*sigh* ive been waiting most the day for people to start talking after my last post... and just now realised that we're onto a new page

feeling like a jackass = achieved

@lord damion
twice in 2 games, you obviosly seem naturally untrustworthy lol
Opus vos liberaverit
Deroth
Assassin

Post by Deroth »

Yea people really dont like him for some reason, first 2 -au's and he first target both times.
If I had a knife I would shoot you
Dresden
Trainee Warrior

Post by Dresden »

Woops, my bad, wrote up this nice post about who I'm voting for, and forgot to add my vote to the end :x
Name: Selkoreth Warpbane, warrior
Group 30
Stats: WS5 S5 T4 D2 I2
Equip: Longsword, Shield, Light Armor
Skills:
Lord damian valar
Cold One Knight

Post by Lord damian valar »

Yes, dead again. My first two games...both times innocent...both times the first to die.....perhaps these games are just not for me... :oops:

Well....still wish the rest of you a lot of fun in the game! Good luck guys...

D...
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Well you weren't completely innocent last time, still my commiserations. Someone has to be first to go but I hope this will not put you off these games in the future.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Gentleman of Moderation
Smiler666
Highborn

Post by Smiler666 »

just keep going into #AUs and pm the gm to make you innocent each time, you could get a streak goin lol

pm the gm, i love the little rhyme in that =D
Opus vos liberaverit
Lord damian valar
Cold One Knight

@Drainial, I was innocent the first game too. I was an unwitting slave, but could only be ordered around at night, and since I died the first day.....I indeed was completely innocent....

But then again....If people favor the company of Skaven above you...I guess there is indeed something wrong with ye... :cry:
Dragonsbreath
Warrior

Re: .

Post by Dragonsbreath »

Lord Damian Valar wrote:But then again....If people favor the company of Skaven above you...I guess there is indeed something wrong with ye... :cry:

You can't hope to compete with the winning personality of a skittish mutant rat! ;)

Unlucky though (again). Only option is to try again, and hope you don't end up on the wrong end of a vote for a third time.
Lord damian valar
Cold One Knight

hehe, indeed....but then in a third game people will automatically think that the smart ass GM will have made me guilty now so still vote for me the first day probably! :lol:

haha, I will return for a new one anyway....You guys have fun playing this one out!
Smiler666
Highborn

Post by Smiler666 »

yo, i've got a couple of questions to ask, one of thems really off topic and the others... well, really off topic ;) but seriosly:

1) Where is this forum hosted, all the times on here are an hour behind UK time, but the only places in that timezone are extreme-west africa and iceland, niether of which are really auspicious internet hosts.

2) Slightly more on topic... in that its about roleplaying at least. Can anyone think of situation where my - not yet created - D.net roleplay character, an old trainee of khaine (like old enough to be showing signs of age, how old would an druchi have to be to start looking old?) would be on the run from the temple of khaine? currently im working on a the story thats he's a scholar in the Vikarh branch of the temple libraries, who messes up some sort of ritual, which ends up killing someone of importance, he then gathers up his old acolyte robes and weapons and goes looking for a mercenary job to get him out of the city. but that seems pretty wholey to me, any suggestions?

also again really sorry for going so off-topic and if you dont want this here i'll remove it, but you seems a nice enough bunch (when your not eating elves whole lol) i was hoping you could help me out.

thanks again =]
Opus vos liberaverit
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

I am not sure where the site is hosted from, I would have to ask Langman or I suppose Rork or some of the other mods might know. The time is set at Greenwich Mean time which is an hour behind British summer time and it being summer that is why it seems to be an hour behind (for those of us in the uk). This might be because it is hosted in the UK or it might be because it is the closest thing there is to a standard time.

As for your character this isn't really the place but off the top of my head I would think it is more plausible for him to be on the run due to his knowing something he oughtn’t rather than for a mistake. If for example he caught a glimpse of a hag queen breaking her vows of celibacy with some important personage that would be reason enough to vacate the premises at a fair old lick. Create the character and post it up, most of the RPG mods read new entries and offer advice if it is asked for myself included.

Gentleman of Moderation
Smiler666
Highborn

Post by Smiler666 »

thanks a lot, ill take it to the character thread. would you like me to remove the post?
Opus vos liberaverit
Raneth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Raneth »

Aw man Damian, I just read your story. Kinda harsh. :lol: But that'll teach you not to run High Elf characters on a Druchii site, I guess!
Vryala Naïlo - WS5 / S5 / T5 / D5 / I4

Equipment: bastard sword of Speed, shield of Defence, repeater (20/20), spear, mace, dagger, Armour of Night, SDC, whip, blowpipe (9/12)
Inventory: amulet of Strength, grapple, grenade x0, smoke x11, map, mage hand, sleep oil x8, cure balms x20, Yori's balms x1, winter gear, old kit, lion mask
Mount: Dark Steed (Blanky), barding, talisman of Protection
Gold: 1735
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Anarin Sarath (2), Basic Ride
Class: Warrior
Rork
Lord of Khorne
Lord of Khorne

Post by Rork »

The site clock is probably still set at GMT for you, but since it's BST, we're on GMT+1.

If the site is displaying everything an hour behind, go into your profile and adjust your time zone to GMT+1.

(The site is hosted in the US)

"Rork.. a wonderful guy :)" - Linda Lobsta Defenda

+++ Team Mulligans +++
Belial
Modest Member

Re: .

Post by Belial »

Lord Damian Valar wrote:Yes, dead again. My first two games...both times innocent...both times the first to die.....perhaps these games are just not for me... :oops:

Well....still wish the rest of you a lot of fun in the game! Good luck guys...

D...

That is bloody unlucky yeah. But there's nothing to do but keep trying. Don't give up on the AU's just yet :P
Lord damian valar
Cold One Knight

Not giving up....just learning!

*writes some notes down* "no drunken human senior citizens..check, no Elven warriors...check"

Keep them coming lads! 8)
Smiler666
Highborn

Post by Smiler666 »

so are we all going to die ironically or is that just the assassinations? :D
Opus vos liberaverit
Deroth
Assassin

Post by Deroth »

Ironic deaths are a key part of -au RPGs :P
If I had a knife I would shoot you
Lord damian valar
Cold One Knight

Serves Morr right for backing up Skaven!!!!! :shock:
Meteor
Executioner

Post by Meteor »

Hey man, the dice voted against you :(

And since when did I have a pistol under my employ?

(second time to be assassinated first too...*sad face*)
What's mine is mine, What's yours is mine.
Now that we understand each other, lets get down to business.

Jacks -Shade
- WS 5 - - S 3 - - T 2 - - D 6 - - I 5 -

Equipment
Short Sword, MC Long Sword*, Dagger, RxB & RHB [20/10] MC Shade Cloak, 4 Throwing Daggers, 3x Healing Vials, 451C, [3]Dark Venom, [4]Unseen Chains, Food, Dark Steed- Spike

Skills
Basic Stealth, Awareness, TWF, Suithenlu Khythan, Ride

Magic Item
Eye of the Jabberwock

*Magical properties possibly imbued
Lord damian valar
Cold One Knight

Don't be sad! At least you were assassinated twice by the bad guy......I was voted twice! In your case the bad guy didn't like you, in my case no one liked me!! :cry:

hehe, We'll be back my friend! We'll get um next time....or the next....or........well....We'll get them eventually! :twisted:
Draknir
Dark Artist

Post by Draknir »

I think Drainial somehow mixed my pistol as being yours, Meteor...
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Yes I did, bugger. Well you humans all look alike to me.

Gentleman of Moderation
Draknir
Dark Artist

Post by Draknir »

Fair enough.