Group 31 - ENDED

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Carathyle maveric »

Modpost(first off, WAS THAT SO HARD?!)

As the elf decended upon Nathra, she quickly drew her weapons. Her attempted Parry however succeeded in a certain way. The sword was kept from ripping through her, yet the tip of it managed to scar her skin for a small part of her shoulder. As the unknown, what appeared High Elf, knew that it could turn out ugly for him, he quickly went through with his attack. The solo Long sword was in very skilled hands, as near every blow that Nathra deflected, another one was already on its way. The quick movement of the hand in which the sword was in made it so dangerous.

The battle went through, and Valeth figured he couldn't be of much use if this just killed him. With that in mind, he still wanted to help Nathra. He quickly stood up and grabbed Khaine, aiming for the brash youth's head with it. However, the brash youth was faster then Valeth, and Khaine was soon met with the sharp, spiky gauntlets that he wore. The gauntlets had something familiar over them, as it was almost the same style of craftmanship as Carathyle used.

With his attention still on Nathra, the youth lashed out with his sword, aiming for her heart. Nathra however noticed this and tried to side step, without success. The sword was clear away from her heart, yet it made a mark on her left breast as it slid past it. The youth turned around quickly and grabbed the sword with two hands, ready to strike at Nathra again. As the distance between her and the sword was too short to jump away, and her daggers would never be on time to either block it, or wound him, she didn't know what to do. However, turn of events came in her advantage, as an obsidian longsword smashed itself into the wall before her head. The hilt was a black hilt, and came from the stairway that went downwards toward the city. The youth quickly jumped back as he figured to who the sword belonged. "Coriath Maveric!" He yelled as he looked at the stairway opening. Coriath stood there, feet against the wall and arms crossed. A sword was missing from its sheath. "Leave Altharial. You know you are no longer welcome in our cities. Take your blasted sword with you and leave never to return again." a different voice emerged from the darkness. A shadow landed behind Kahlir and his cloak flapped up, bearing the symbol that Valeth, Kailleth and Nathra knew all too well. The youth laughed. "So, the king and the Royal Guard commander in one room with me. I am honoured. But trust me, I ain't all that's coming." he spoke, as he withdrew from combat. "Coriath, get down to the city and sound the alarm." Carathyle spoke. "Do it yourself, I ain't your subordenant." Coriath replied with a tone of hatred in the words. He jumped out of the doorway toward his sword. With his hand around the hilt and his feet on the ground, Coriath pulled it out of the wall. "Sorry about that, but you are just too cute to die." he spoke as he walked over to Valeth and helped him up. "Back to the matter at hand, you guys all ready to go and do the job I requested your assistence for?" Coriath asked when he was done with his last action.

So, Carathyle joined the fray. Btw, Krau, if you make Kahlir attack him, he'll just grab hold of the sword. Nathra got away with her life, as did Valeth. Kailleth wasn't in time so he's in the opening of the stairway, sorry pal. Everyone is together in the same room.

Deadline = 2 days, make it bla bla bla.

Carathyle Maveric:(Group 28 Warrior)
Ws:5 S:4 T:3 D:4 I:3
Equipment:
Enchanted* Obsidian Long sword, MC Light armour, Dark Steed(Sephirah), Shield, MC Longbow(89 arrows), 56 Circlets, Maibed Dagger, Asur Spear and Disguise.
Skills: Ride, Acrobatics
*Increased Strength, holds the soul of his father
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Nathra had succeeded with jumping back from her assailant and was expecting him to follow through. Surprisingly, though, Coriath came to her rescuse, for which Nathra was grateful. The fight was a good one, and not without it's consequences, for Nathra would have an extra two scars - one next to her heart and one on her shoulder. She was sure she could take this Altharial, given different circumstances. Good fight, that. Now my blood boils...

"Sorry about that, but you are just too cute to die." Coriath said, after some choice words to the latest arrival in this cramped tunnel - Carathyle. I assume that remark was for me, for Valeth is anything but cute. Nathra wasn't sure how to take that comment from Coriath, if it was his 'king', then Nathra would laugh in Carathyle's face. Coriath was something else. Did I hear that right? That idiot is king? Dear gods, that is funny! Despite herself, Nathra chuckled a little laugh of joy.

"You guys all ready to go and do the job I requested your assistence for?" Nathra was willing to help, but first she had some questions for Coriath, and another for Kahlir, but that one would have to wait. It would also depend on Valeth and Kaileth, for the shade was still unsure where they stood on the matter. "Information first. Who is it, exactly, that we are assassinating? Not his name, but who he is. Is he a threat to your Shadow city?"

Nathra levelled a hard stare at Carathyle. If this is a favour for Carathyle then I will not help you, yet it seems you hate your brother even as much as I do, so I don't know why you would help him. This is a favour for you, Coriath, but you still owe me one. " As she spoke, Nathra turned her head back to Coriath, and offered him a grin of appreciation and anticipation.

Nathra will wait Coriath's answers before speaking to her companions. Again, she is still willing to help, provided it has nothing to do with Carathyle (ie, he he doesn't 'tag along'). She still wants to finish her conversation with Kahlir. But now, that taste of fighting has her in need of more...

... Maybe I should have made her a Khainite!
Nathra Severain - Shade (Group 38)
WS:5 S:4 T:2 D:6 I: 3
Skills; Acrobatics; Basic Stealth; Free Running
Equipment: Longsword; Shurikens (6/10); Shade Cloak; Asur Arm & Leg Armour Plates; Misericorde; Gutting Knife
Inventory; Ornate Tiara; Sword Belt; Asuri Orb; 106 gold
Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

CAP:

As he saw the small grin, Coriath grinned back. "Uhm... is he a threat to the Shadow City? Half. Is he a threat to the moronic brother I have? Half. Is he a threat to Naggarond? Yes he is." Coriath replied to Nathra. Carathyle walked past him down the stairs with a facial expression that didn't indicate any form of satisfaction, nor happiness. "The thing is, most of you probably don't know that there are Druchii assassin's and spies being brought to Ulthuan to spy and kill for the Witch king. We help them in their assignment, providing them safe journey back and messengers and all that, even shelter and food. However, sometimes, the messenger returns toward us with a assignment. He either requests Druchii rescue, or assassination, aid in a landing, wounded care. You name it. Carathyle always rejects these, but the messengers come to me as well. I accept them and task them to the assassins that are in our aid as a small repayment." he spoke, before pausing for a moment.

"The thing is, this guy is hard, and I mean really hard, assassinating the Phoenix King hard. The other 11 assassinations went off without a problem, but this guy is difficult. He has a compleet army just to protect himself. His mansion is guarded by Phoenix Guard in his personal service, 20 of them. There are swordmasters, archers, warriors. All except White Lions, the real bodyguards. You still want to help?" Coriath asked.

and Yeah, he's talking to Nathra when he said that

Equipment:
Enchanted* Obsidian Long sword, MC Light armour, Dark Steed(Sephirah), Shield, MC Longbow(89 arrows), 56 Circlets, Maibed Dagger, Asur Spear and Disguise.
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

"Alright, Coriath. If he is a threat to Naggaroth, as you say, then I will help. If this will... irritate your brother, then so much the better. Does indeed sound like a challenge, all those High Elf's, well, like I said, collateral damage." After a deep breath, Nathra continued. "Shame we have no mage, though, it should mean our detection is more difficult for them, but if we can arrange some kind of disaster after the assassination, like the destruction of his house, an explosion to take out as many of his followers as we can manage. That would also give me considerable reason to join your cause."

Same as before :D
Equipment: Longsword; Shurikens (6/10); Shade Cloak; Asur Arm & Leg Armour Plates; Misericorde; Gutting Knife
Krau27
Corsair

Post by Krau27 »

Kahlir steped out of the shadows he was hiding in. Having been quick on his judgment, more of lucky, he narrowly avoided taking off the head of the new comer when he decided not to act. The elf that now joined them looked surprisingly like Coriath, must be family he thought with a shrug. A fire would be more logical, house fires can be...common... also we won’t need to procure the stuffs needed for an explosion Kahlir said catching the last bit of Nathra's sentence as he joined in the conversation. But what if i care if its suspicious or not their just High Elves, as long as their dead I don’t care.

Kahlir is throwing is two bits into the conversation, more focused on the killing of high elf’s.
Group 31 RPG
Kahlir Halath'tor
WS:4 S:3 T:3 D:4 I:4
Weapons: Long Sword,Corsair Knife, Great Sword, Handbow 10 rounds
Armor:Light Armor,Town Guard Armor (Medium Armor),Cloak,Shield
Msc: Rations x5
Gold/Circlets/Widgets: 10
Stats: ziltch

Death, Doom and Distraction Join Up (this is my story)
dreadlord7476
Cold One Knight

Post by dreadlord7476 »

Kailleth was slightly out of breath as he slammed his sword in to its sheath being slightly irritated that he missed the fight, he then leaned agenised the door frame and watched every one as they discussed the mission, so us agenised a small army and a Nobel grater next he’ll say they have a mage as well, kailleth cleared his throat and said “well all this is grate and all but I do have some questions… first we are going to need some specialty tools to do this job, can you provide them?, and secondly what does this job pay?..." kailleth stood there looking at coriath waiting for a reply.

Kailleth will wait for coriath to answer
Twitter @dreadlord7476

the dead savoir nothing, revenge is a dish for the living

kailleth blackthorn Group 38
Warrior
ws5 s4 t3 d3 i4
2long swords, light armour, sheld
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

After Nathra had finished, Kahlir had something to say. So did Kaileth, but not to her. He doesn't talk much these days. Not to me, anyway. Something must be troubling him. “well all this is grate and all but I do have some questions… first we are going to need some specialty tools to do this job, can you provide them?, and secondly what does this job pay?..." Nathra knew Coriath would have answers, but she could not anticipate whether Kaileth would appreciate them.

"Ah, Kahlir, I was merely providing an example - more of an after-thought, really. Evidently, this idea pleases more than just me, dangerous as it sounds. We may as well kill as many as possible." Pleased that the two K's agreed with her sentiment in principal, and she was confident Valeth would voice his agreement also, Nathra resumed with her idea. "This may be... interesting."

Nathra has given the group an idea but is unsure how to proceed with it. Kahlr's simple idea seems entirely plausible, but also liable to fail. If Coriath can give Kaileth tools, then the group has another option as well.

OOC: I'll be away for the weekend as from tomorrow. Will still be able to post tomorrow and Friday, but not on Sat or Sunday. Am back from my 'little adventure' on Tuesday, but should still be able to post on Monday and Tuesday. I'll be busy, though, so can't make any promises!
Smiler666
Highborn

Post by Smiler666 »

Valeth followed the group along, he wasn't happy with how easily the hoodlum had blocked his blow and he couldn't help but feel a modicum of worry at the pain that was now swelling in his arm and spreading to his chest. He heard Coriath describing the task ahead of them to Nathra and the others planning forward, his on;y input was to grumble "if we do this, then I expect a very large pile of shiny things to come our way", as soon as I get back to naggaroth I'm going to retire and live in a little house up in the hills. And the temple be damned if they want to come and get me. He knew it wouldn't happen, but trapped under Ulthuan being pushed onward by random chance it was nice to hope. He was brought back to his senses by another stab of pain from the mysterious ailment in his side.

Valeth will follow and grumble.

ooc: please kill Valeth soon Cara, I am really struggling to keep up with everything going on here and in my personal life. Ta
Opus vos liberaverit
Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

MODPOST

As slowly but surely the group started to head in one direction, there was another problem. Supplies. Without these, there wouldn't be anything fun about this whole assassination without having stuff to blow up. "First, we going to need some to..." "Everything is taken care of. You can restock and equip yourselves near the horses. Valeth, it's best if you stay out of this, seeing your health is quite deteriating. You keep grabbing your side. Seek one of the Apothecaries for that." Coriath interrupted Kailleth as he stated his sentence. "Everyone ready, be aware that you'll gaze at something you have never seen before." Coriath spoke as he traveled back down the stairs.

Nathra quickly had all the answers she needed to decide, and soon told Coriath that, even though he owed her for that, she would help him.

Kahlir was also quite excited about this whole thing as it showed that he would like to kill the kin that betrayed them.

Valeth soon found himself grumbling around as he followed Coriath down the stairs. on their own terms, Nathra, Kailleth and Kahlir followed Coriath as well.

Once they were down the stairs, Valeth, Kahlir, Kailleth and Nathra saw an gigantic city, with rock wall on all sides and an open top. In the rockwalls there were many caves, some housing dragons and other housing griffons. The city buildings had the beauty from both the Druchii as Asur in them. However, Something dove from the skyline and raised a sword like weapon toward Coriath. Unable to block it, Coriath crossed his arms in front of the incoming object. Fortunately for Coriath, his gauntlets were strong enough to withstand the blow of the sword that came toward him. "If it isn't my apprentice niece." He spoke, as he threw the sword away from him. A little bit further away landed a, for an mixture of Druchii and Asur blood little girl, with blond hair hanging till her shoulders, and blood red eyes. Her armor was nothing more then some metal plating on her chest, some leather to cover some skin, Leather greaves covered with steel plating around her middle, upper legs and lower legs. She had spaulders for protection as well. All in all, her armour was light weight. The girl aged about 20 to 30 years old, though her way of a surprise attack meant she had years and years of extensive training.

The girl returned her sword to its scabbard and bowed her neck a bit toward Coriath. "I always wanted to do that." She said while a short giggle emerged from between her lips. "Relax Kathalia, we got visitors. Can you take this old man here to one of our apothacaries?" Coriath spoke while pointed kindly toward Valeth. The girl walked toward Valeth, passing both Kailleth and Kahlir, and winked toward them. After that she pointed Valeth the way, as he was too stubborn to accept her help.

"Okay then, right this way." Coriath continued as he started to walk again. His path lead toward a cave that as build on the ground. In it there were a couple of the so called Shadows, taking care of the horses that were standing there as well. Coriath walked toward a door in the wall of the seemingly endless cave and opened it. "And here the tools for the job." he spoke as Nathra, Kahlir and Kailleth all gazed into the room. There were wooden racks with swords, Halberds, bows, arrows, spears, crossbows, everything an army needed was there.

Coriath walked inside and grabbed a couple of daggers, along with an extra sword. The two daggers were placed around his waist, while the sword was attached to his shield for comfort. He then exited the armoury and mounted one of the horses. "I'm assuming you all know how to ride a horse? Take what you need from the armoury, though don't take too much, it will only work against you." Coriath spoke as he looked at them.

Valeth's written off, so Smiler, you don't have to post anymore. Nathra, Kailleth and Kahlir all stand before the armoury door. Note that, your Strength level is the same as the amount of items you can grab from the armoury. For the crossbows there are magazines of 5, empty = empty, so you need to remove them.

Deadline = Wednessday, 20:00u Timeline of Amsterdam, Paris etc. etc.

Equipment:
dreadlord7476
Cold One Knight

Post by dreadlord7476 »

As they descended the stairs kailleth was still brooding from coriath cutting him off. After they stepped in to the cavern and the city proper. Then from no were a sword came hurtling towards coriath. Corith blocked it and looked for whoever trough the weapon. Then stated talking to a young elf with blond hair and red eyes driest in light armour. Kailleth was taken unaware when he told her to take valeth away, kailleth turned to look at valeth and saw that it was true the old man was looking worse than he had hung over and he was holding his arm, then the young elf walked past him and kahril, kailleth couldn’t help but to look the elf up and down and note that she was an attractive elf with a aura of mauls about her that seemed to draw kailleth to her. But he checked himself and turned back to coriath. They then started walking to the stables and stopped outside of it where they were shown the armoury and told to take what they need, kailleth wondered in to the armoury and browsed through the cases of war gear he soon found a set of 3 heavy toughing knives with a slim triangular blades about 7” long andmaterly waited handles. He took the knives and clipped them to the back of his belt under is cloak, as he kept looking but found nothing else that appealed to him but rite as he was about to step through the door he saw a small box set in the coroner 0f the cave he walked over and looked in it he found several small bundles and inside them sets of look picking tools. “nice that can help” he said as he slid the pouch in to his cloak, he then slid out of the cave and walked over to coriath and the houses and took the reins of one, as he swung himself in to the saddle he looked down at coriath and said “well are you guiding us or are we getting a map?”
Kailleth will sit in the saddle and wait for coriath to respond
Twitter @dreadlord7476

Warrior
ws5 s4 t3 d3 i4
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Nathra followed the group to the end of the cave. When they entered Coriath was attacked by a young waif, pretty, with shoulder length hair and blood red eyes. She giggled at him when he blocked the attack and spoke to her. She's cute. Wonder if she's an orphan. Wonder if there are any orphans here. Oh, she's Coriaths niece, that makes her... unavailable. Pity.

Then the little girl took the old man by the hand and led him away. Not surprisingly, as he had looked extremely ill, even more so than when he'd been hungover. After that, Coriath led them all to a store room where they could gather supplies. "Don't have to remind you, but just in case. Take supplies for our espionage mission, we'll need something for fireworks at the very least..." Nathra perused the stock a moment longer. "Doesn't look as if I need anything."

Kaileth wandered off after retreiving some items worthy of him. She followed then approached a black skinned black-reined horse with piercing green eyes, just as beautiful as her own. Nathra gave the creature an intense look, as if to say "be a good boy, or you'll regret it" but that single look also promised something of excitement. The horse snickered wildly, and as the shade grabbed the reins, the subdued horse lowered it's neck as Nathra climbed onto the saddle.

"I imagine, Kaileth, that Coriath will lead us himself. He will behave himself, though, especially under my stern gaze." Nathra flashed Kaileth her most disarming smile. She had an important question she wished to ask their 'leader' and her and Kahlir's conversation earlier had been interrupted. "So, gentlemen, I wish to hear more views on the task at hand. Stealth is obviously the order of the day, you guys seem to be good at either diversions, or some fancy pyrotechnics. You think you can make a suitable... distraction?"

Nathra will wait for Coriath to lead - only he knows where they are going, after all. Also, hoping for some more conversation from the others within the group. Nathra would like to be the 'assassinator' if possible, and leave the explosion or slaying of many High Elves to the other two, since she bears no ill-greivance towards them.
Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

CAP

Coriath listened around for what they grabbed. Kailleth eagerly grabbed a set of lock-picks. useful indeed. Can't assassinate someone if you can't get in. he thought as he saw Kailleth exit the armoury and mount up. "I imagine, Kaileth, that Coriath will lead us himself. He will behave himself, though, especially under my stern gaze." Nathra spoke with a quick look at Kailleth. "So, gentlemen, I wish to hear more views on the task at hand. Stealth is obviously the order of the day, you guys seem to be good at either diversions, or some fancy pyrotechnics. You think you can make a suitable... distraction?"

"First of all Nathra, any Shadow here is either an amateur of stealth, or a full fledged master. Take Kathalia here for instance." Coriath spoke as he pointed at her with his entire hand. She sat atop a horse, waiting to be spotted. She stuck out her tongue with a smile and winked. "She might be a mere 28 years old, yet she's a good stealth warrior. Which reminds me, Kailleth and Kahlir, either you be waiting for me, Nathra and Kathalia to get inside, or you can be the diversion." He continued.

"Before you ask, I managed to get here so quickly because the apothecary was walking toward me and that old man so he took him over. Anyway, let me introduce myself properly as I will be joining you on this nice little assassination. I'm Kathalia Maveric, princess of the Shadow Cities, daughter of Carathyle Maveric, I'm still embarrassed by that fact, and niece of Coriath, which makes up a lot. And Nathra was it? You look rather pretty, I can understand why that idiot father of mine kept you alive." She spoke as Coriath paused for a moment.

"Yeah, Carathyle isn't as loved as he thinks he is. Back to the matter at hand, I'll guide you both there and inside. Nathra, don't forget that in these lands, nor in Nagaroth except for the witch king himself, not a single warrior or shade is capable of defeating me in combat. I have to say I haven't met the person who was able to. We better get going, otherwise we won't be there before dark." he continued. "Ow, and one more thing, touch her with a finger against her will and you'll lose it." Coriath spoke as he looked at Kahlir and Kailleth. Coriath spoke as he expression turned dark toward them. "Now then, with that settled, if you guys have everything, we can get going. Hopefully we get there before dark tomorrow, that way we can start right away." Coriath ended the conversation with his usual, emotionless expression back.

Equipment:
Krau27
Corsair

Post by Krau27 »

Kahlir followed the group down the stairs to the Shadow's somewhat surprised at the lack of protection, either they were expecting us or these guys are too damn sneaky for my liking. . While being introduced to Coriath's niece Kahlir noted the look of eagerness in Nathra's eyes as they spotted the youth, though it quickly vanished when it was reviled she was related to Coriath. As Kathalia walked by she gave a wink, to which Kahlir gave a harsh glare back as if to say "respect your elders/ watch who you flirt with" seeing that he was here on business, I have no idea how these maverick's rule but some discipline is needed here he thought, though interrupted at the sight of the Armory. Well hello He said to himself and letting a smile creep across his face as he looked at the arsenal displayed in front of him. As he was browsing hand bows Kahlir heard Nathra Speak-up "So, gentlemen, I wish to hear more views on the task at hand. Stealth is obviously the order of the day, you guys seem to be good at either diversions, or some fancy pyrotechnics. You think you can make a suitable... distraction?" I may have a suitable distraction at hand Kahlir said Holding a globe of Witchfire aloft in one hand as if to inspect its dark flickering flame. Putting the globe into a cloth sack and then into his bag, Kahlir then Grabbed a hand bow with two magazines and affixed them to his belt. As he was walking out of the armory towards a horse something caught his eye, To his left on a rack was a Great Sword coming up to a little past his chin, with a dark iron handguard an a dull silver blade. Upon seeing this he gladly switched out his Halberd for his new weapon. After taking a few practice swings he went over to the only horse that was left, a charcoal collored thing with amber eyes, and hefted himself up into the saddle. Well, i believe we are set shall we set off for hell and back?

Kahlir will go and be part of Distraction/Kill things team, and is ready to go onward and forward
[/u][/b]
Group 31 RPG
Kahlir Halath'tor

Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

Modpost

The moment Coriath opened the doors to the armoury, Kailleth rushed in first and looked around for anything that is usefull for him. This resulted in grabbing three similar looking knives.(+3 Knives), followed by a quick grab of a lockpick set(+1 lockpick). He then exited the armoury and mounted a brown horse. Waiting for their leave, Kailleth talked a bit with Coriath and Nathra.

Nathra was at first interested in the niece of Coriath, as she was found to be a... pretty cute young thing. However, the interest faded the moment she understood that she was thinking about the niece of Coriath, instead of a mere orphan, which there were enough. After a quick move toward the stables, who were positioned in a cave right next to the armoury, she soon mounted up after a quick glance into the room. She had decided that, even if they were up against heavy and light armoured warriors, she didn't need anything else then her current equipment.

Kahlir however was surprised at first as Kathalia had welcomed her tutor in the fashion she did. Though her charms also got to him, only the exact opposite of what happened to Kailleth. However, seeing the armoury he quickly set away his thoughts and stepped in. Grabbing a globe of Witchfire(+1 Witchfire globe), how rare it even be in a armoury for warriors(next time, keep it realistic -.-'), he soon reacted to Nathra's comment. With a quick grab of a handbow and 2 magazines(+1 Handbow, +10 bolts), containing 10 shots in total, he walked past a Great Sword(+ 1 Great sword), which had the trademark of an swordsmith dedicated to make Swordmaster Swords apparently. With his keen eye for large things, and a need for compensation, he swapped his bought halberd(-1 Halberd)(wasting money!) and grabbed the Great Sword. With it on his back, he soon stepped up to the horses and mounted up.

"Alright then, let's get going before we let our targets wait." Coriath spoke with a smile on his face, while both he and Kathalia placed a black piece of cloth in front of both their mouths and noses. The cloth was tightly wrapped around their necks, not enough to sufficate them, but enough not to fall off. With a short, well-known Maveric whistle, Coriath ordered his horse forward, and into the pitch-black tunnels. Kathalia soon followed him, afterwhich Kailleth, Nathra and Kahlir.

The tunnels were long and pitch-black, though due to the little light there was, the elven eyes of all quickly adjusted, and even in this darkness where none to little light existed, their visions were still there. Coriath soon realised that, even if any elf infiltrated the society, the vast amount of tunnels that were dug underneath Ulthuan by the skaven captives they had surprisingly caught would either get them lost or kill them. Either way the chance of them getting lost was small as Coriath knew the tunnels like the back of his hand, just like all the other shadows in their society. With tunnels running up and down and left and right, they soon saw a small light at the end of the tunnel. As they closed in, the torch that caused the light became visible.

Coriath stepped off of the horse as it slowed down to a halt and looked around, waiting for the others to catch up. Kathalia was there within no time, soon followed by Nathra, who apparently overtook Kailleth on their way. Kailleth and Kahlir came in as last, a bit confused because of all the tunnels. Standing closest to the torch, Coriath signalled the rest to follow the staircase. Kathalia and Coriath quickly ran up the stairs, until the stairs grinded to a halt. Nathra was first to catch up with them, followed by the armoured Kailleth and Kahlir. Coriath pushed against the top of the wooden ceiling and lifted a cover from its place. He quickly looked through the crack that now poured light into the dark hole, and saw a single, armed, in High Elf colors clothed, elf standing with his back. Coriath silently cleared the gap for him to get through, grabbed the dagger from his back and leaped against the wall, grabbing the elf around her mouth. With a short, nearly unhearable scream, the high elf was dragged into the hole. Coriath pushed the dagger against her throat. "You will answer any question I ask you, you will do as I say or your life ends here and now!" Coriath whispered her in her ear, after Kathalia removed her helmet. The blond hair of the high elf female warrior waved out of it. Her eyes expressed a fear never shown before. She slightly nodded, careful not to piss her attacker off. Coriath removed his hand off and grabbed the hilt of her sword with it.

She leaned against him, still stiff of the shock. "Okay, speak. What village is this? Are you in service of Noble Allia Andarian?" he spoke, still holding the knife close to her throat. "You are near the White tower of Hoeth. In a small city named Aneth. Are you here to end his life? It would be appreciated as he became paranoid after the last 4." She whispered in a reply, with a high pitched voice and stumbling over words in fear. "This is the city we need to be. And who wouldn't?" Coriath spoke. "Wait, you're shadows aren't you? The underground warriors that are hostile to High Elves and are friendly to... never mind. I prefer death over my cursed life as a Asur." She spoke, after which Coriath took his dagger off of her throat. "Stay quiet and stay here if you wish to join. However, don't think about doing this to get information on us. You won't!" he replied as he pushed her against one of the walls. He signaled to Nathra, Kailleth and Kahlir that they need to leave her as she was and get out of the hole. With a quick leap, both Coriath as Kathalia jumped out of it. They checked their perimeter and turned around. Coriath place the dagger back and reached out his hand toward Nathra to help her get out. Kathalia did the same as him.

LONG MODPOST! anyway, you are at the top of a staircase, leading into a room through a hole in the ground. Coriath is in that room, along with Kathalia and offers to help you up out of the hole. The room is part of a house which is not the target's house. With that said, the house is dark, yet not as dark as the tunnels. What the High Elf did, is something you can think of yourself cause you'll be speculating. Good luck ^_^ -Maveric

Equipment:
Krau27
Corsair

Post by Krau27 »

ooc:i figured for logical reasons Kahlr couldn’t carry two two-handed weapons so that answers that.

IC: "Alright then, let's get going before we let our targets wait." Coriath said placing a cloth over his face and giving a sharp whistle to move out. As the group headed forward, Kahlir gave a glance back over his shoulder towards the city, Have to remember to mark this on my map, may have to revisit sometime He thought Granted I would bring the better part of a battalion with me, I’m guessing they wouldn’t be to friendly to outsiders letting out a small chuckle as the later thought ran through his head.

As they entered the tunnel it soon became eerily dark, Kahlir almost went into his pack for the globe of witchfire, that was lighting part of the armory until he "Requisitioned" it off the wall, for extra light but decided against it seeing as it would do more harm than good. As the group plodded on through the twisting and turning tunnels Kahlir let his mind wander thinking of what he would do of when they arrived at their destination and more importantly how he would profit from it. His thoughts were interrupted when he thought he heard the sound of skittering off in one of the tunnels. Remembering the tales of rat men from back home he quickly drew his new handbow and scanned the tunnels for any sign of hostile beasties. Just my luck He thought putting the bow back on his belt I get all the way to this blasted place only to be eaten by overgrown sewer rats....wonderful shuddering at the thought of packs of over sized rats running around.

Recovering from his nervousness and rubbing his wrist chain for good luck, something he nearly forgot about, he noticed a light at the end of the tunnel. As they approached it Kahlir saw it was a torch, who lit it or kept it lit was beyond him, but it seemed to be the sign to dismount, as Coriath easily got off his horse and started up some nearly invisible stairs, quickly followed by Nathra. Dismounting from his horse, Kahlir made his way up the stairs slightly slower than the rest, as to act as a rear guard of sorts more just to calm his nerves about things that might be hiding in the tunnels and following him. As he got to the top of the stairs Coriath eased open a wooden door and ambushed an elf inside and along with Kathalia proceeded to interrogate the Asur. Kahlir's ears perked up when he heard the captive elf say "Wait, you're shadows aren't you? The underground warriors that are hostile to High Elves and are friendly to... never mind. I prefer death over my cursed life as a Asur." and said "An easy request that i will be happy to fulfill, while drawing his dagger though Coraith stopped him by offering to let her join instead. Kahlir gave him a glare thinking If we were under different circumstances, i would beg to differ, but she may be an easy way into our target. Then both Coriath and Kathalia jumped out of the hole and offered a helping and up, which Kahlir gladly took. After everyone was out of the hole Kahlir took his handbow and aimed it at the Elf still in the hole saying So, should i Kill her now or just I just maim her so she cant go warn her friends? Unless anyone else has any other ideas, i say we kill her, more trouble than what she’s worth I say

Kahlir wants to kill the elf in the hole, otherwise waiting for the rest of the groups input
Group 31 RPG
Kahlir Halath'tor

Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

OOC: Don't have the time for my usual thoroughness, but will do my best! Missed out on a lot of conversation oppurtunities that I had planed, so will have to try and keep it all for some other time.

IC:

Nathra entered the gap in the wall directly behind Coriath, and a after some breif words he let the blonde-haired female go. "So, should i Kill her now or just I just maim her so she cant go warn her friends? Unless anyone else has any other ideas, i say we kill her, more trouble than what she’s worth I say." She heard Kahlir say then. Is he always so bloodthirsty? What has she ever done to him? Then again, he does seem more typical than I.

"Why harm her at all? What has she ever done to you? Well..." Were we not planning on killing them all anyway? And it was my idea, haha. Damn it. "Actually, I thought killing eveyone was the intended plan. So go ahead, if you wish." Fickle, indeed. Don't think I will ever change, though.

"We should kill her or bound her, so long as she's out of the way and keeps quiet, either or will do. Can we go now, Coriath? The sooner we can leave this accursed island the better it will be for all involved." Even all those poor dead High Elves.

Nathra wants to get going with no more delays.
dreadlord7476
Cold One Knight

Post by dreadlord7476 »

Kailleth watched as kahril levelled his hand bow at the elf a short distends away with both amusement and concern, fool threatening this one in front of the two Asur lovers he’ll be lucky if coriath doesn’t throw him back down the hole. Then nathra shot in her two cents and tried to get everyone back to the task at hand. Kailleth walked past kahril and said in a low voice “we didn’t come here to kill some little girl, and we don’t have time flay her so where’s the fun, at that he continued walking throw the darkness to the far wall where he could make out a outline of a door and pleased his hand on door handle and looked back at the scene by the hole well we going, there are other elves to kill you know. He said in a playful tone.

kailleth will wait to see what will happen and at the same time draw his's own hand bow

ooc. sorry for the short post work is busy right now
Twitter @dreadlord7476

Warrior
ws5 s4 t3 d3 i4
Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

Modpost

As Kahlir was out of the hole first, he immediatly turned around with his handbow in hand, aimed at the female High Elf Warrior. " So, should i Kill her now or..." "Killing her would be a waste of bolts, so does maiming her." Coriath interrupted Kahlir before he could finish his sentence. Surprised of the fact that Coriath answered his question before he finished. Coriath and Kathalia grabbed the top of the hole and placed it back once everyone was out of the hole in the ground, then pushed some heavy weight boxes onto it. "Either she stays put, or she dies in the tunnels." Coriath spoke when he was done with his job.

Nathra reacted to Kahlir as well however. With an unusual "Why harm her at all? What has she ever done to you? Well..." coming from the mouth of a Druchii, it kind of surprised everyone who could hear it. Even though Coriath interrupted Kahlir, Nathra still found that he should choose for himself. However, her will to leave the grounds the Witch King so eagerly wanted came over her desire to kill, even though it was the whole point of her being there.

Kailleth had about the same conclusion as Nathra and so threw his two cents in as well. After he done that, he walked to the door, grasped the handle and pushed the door a bit open. He looked through the gap and saw some outlines of furniture, yet no elves. As he turned his eyes back toward the hole, he spoke out his mind of getting going.

Coriath nodded quickly, signaled Kathalia to follow and grabbed the dagger from his belt. He went through the door much like anyone would on a sneaking mission, silently. With his eyes he searched the complete area and found it clear enough to commence. Coriath quickly slipped underneath a window and looked outside. His eyes fell upon 2 groups of Swordmasters patrolling the area, one of which contained a familiar face. He quickly gestured everyone to get to his place.

With Nathra, Kailleth and Kahlir in her back, Kathalia quickly moved toward her tutor and pushed her back against the wall. While Kahlir, Kailleth and Nathra sat down around Coriath, he quickly explained the situation. "Two Swordmaster patrols, one containing a traitor if I remember right. He might be of help if we capture him, alive! Just don't get caught or killed in the meantime." Coriath said as he looked outside. "We might need something to distract them with. With that done, I can snatch him away from them." Kathalia responded toward Coriath. As she opened the door as silent as she could, Coriath jumped up, grabbed the highest part of the exterior and threw himself up the roof. Kathalia quickly disappeared in the same fashion. The night covered up almost all of the movements and so the real business could start soon enough.

Okay, so you're all near the door and there are two MOVING patrols, one close to you and have just moved past the house, the other is in the center of the square and contains the traitor. You can always go for plan B, screw the traitor and just hope you get to the right house before the sun rises.

Equipment:
dreadlord7476
Cold One Knight

Post by dreadlord7476 »

As coriath and the girl disappeared the tree where left to make a distraction, kaileth pulled his cloak around himself and drew his hand bow with his right hand and readied his shield with his left. He looked to kahril and said in a hush tone “well now the real fun begins… I’d say let’s shoot them in the back clean up the remains then ambush the other petrol when they come running.” Kailleth then slipped his helm on and slid his hood over that,

he then bent down low and slipped out throw the open door and fell in to the shadows of the building and slowly creped down the street till he crouched in the shadowed ally only 25 passes behind the petrol, kailleth looked across the street and behind him but could not see or hear his others he didn’t know if that was good or bad but he had gone too far to go back now.

Kailleth stood drawing himself to his full height and walked out from the ally, he trough his cloak over his shoulders so it wouldn’t hinder his movement and slid his shield on to his arm. He then levelled his hand bow at the high elves and squeezed the trigger sending two bolts sailing in to the enemy and punching throw silver scale armour. One sword master fell to the ground without a sound, another one was spun on the spot buy the impacted of the bolt and fell to his knees with the bolt stuck several inches in to his right shoulder blade.

Kailleth then clipped his hand bow back to his hip and drew a long sword. He looked up to the sky where only one moon was out and rotated his shoulder and cracked his neck. He toned out the sounds of the world and said a prayer to kaine “guide my hand and give me strength for those I kill this night I send to you” kailleth did not know if he heard the twang of a cross bow behind him and he didn’t care, as he brought his shield to bare the remaining sword masters where charging down the street.

Kailleth crouched and held his sword behind him as the first sword master reached him. As the high elf swung his grate sword kailleth stepped in to the swords ark right up to the asur’s face. the sword hit the brim of his shield and deflected off, because of kailleth being so closes he turned the reach of the weapon in to a disadvantage and didn’t give the wielder the room to use the blade to its full affected. He then drove his shield in to the asur’s ribcage making him stager back and then followed up with a quick trust to the elf’s throat as he tried to catch his breath. As the elf shuttered and then collapsed with his hands going to the raged hole in his throat, kailleth side stepped to the right to put the wall to his side so his enemies had less angels to attack him from, two more asur advanced on him and kailleth stood his ground and adopted his defensive stance and let a deep snarl escape his trout as he waited.

Kailleth will look around to see how everything is going and defended agents any attacks with his shield and swords.

Can you please stick to the things YOU CAN ACTUALLY DECIDE?! So nothing with killing and shiz. Moving around, sure, talking, sure, thinking, sure. Killing, etc. NO! -Maveric
Twitter @dreadlord7476

Warrior
ws5 s4 t3 d3 i4
Krau27
Corsair

Post by Krau27 »

Kahlir watched as the Coriath and Kathalia disapeard onto the rooftops. Yep, to sneaky for my liking He thought as he planned his next move, Kailleth was the first to speak saying “well now the real fun begins… I’d say let’s shoot them in the back clean up the remains then ambush the other petrol when they come running.”, Kahlir laughed and followed with Couldent have said it better my self. Kahlir pulled his hood up and followed Kailleth out the door. Unsheathing his sword, Kahlir kept to the shadows trying not to make too much noise as not to alert the guards. Kailleth fired two shots from his handbow and dropped two guards, as he rushed out to finish the job Kahlir joined in the fray.

Kahlir will give support to Kailleth fighting the guards
Group 31 RPG
Kahlir Halath'tor

Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Nathra was last from the room. She tucked her close combat weapons away and instead readied her crossbow. As she crept out the shade overheard Kaileth and Kahlir talking. Two groups of these... swordmasters, and only two of them. Are they mad? Yes. Damn. In that case, time to go party! As she stepped out the door she immediately wrapped herself in her harpy cloak and began creeping through the shadows to the left to try and make her way round the perimeter. Keeping an eye on the two K's the whole time to try and pick off any of the Asur that would attack them.

Nathra will lay down covering fire to protect Kaileth and Kahlir, try and pick off any stragglers, and basically try to keep the two warriors alive.

OOC: Short post as I have some friends round at mine just now and we'll likely be getting drunk very very soon!. Not much to work with. Next modpost, hopefully, we'll have the beginnings of an epic fight!
Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

Modpost

Yeah, I'm going to be a biatch for once(been one all the time:twisted:)

As Coriath and Kathalia were out of their sights, Kailleth was first to decide weither or not he would risk his life for the, what seemed to be a, simple assassination. With his Handbow at the ready in his right hand, and his shield on his left arm, Kailleth sneaked out of the small house into the darkened side of the house. Signs of Kathalia and Coriath were nowhere to be found, not even in the shadows that were caused by the moon and torches. Kailleth stretched his arm and aimed his handbow at the swordmaster patrol closest to him. With a quick finger tap, Kailleth shot off two bolts at two different targets, however, his shots were too weak to even penetrate the heavy armour of the swordmasters, who immediately turned around and faced their assailant. The rest of the patrol turned as well, noticing that two of them had either heard or seen something. To their very surprise, it was a druchii who fired to bolts at them. With their great swords in their hands, the swordmasters of Heoth charged Kailleth, knowing that this couldn't be right.

Kahlir was fond of Kailleth's plan to shoot the swordmasters in the back, and totally forgot about the heavy armour those fools wore. As the shadow once again housed a great deal of stealth opportunity for another elf, Kahlir soon found himself doing what displeased him about the Shadows, sneakin'.

Finding herself as the last participant in the house, Nathra thought Kahlir and Kailleth fools for engaging in a certain death sword fight, yet didn't want her comrades to die the same way she would kill off her enemies. However, her mind functioned properly and figured that, even though they were skilled, they wouldn't stand a chance if 20 swordmasters rushed upon them in battle rage. Soon she found herself acting according to her shade background, and was sneaking around in the shadows as well, with her crossbow in her hands. The 5 shots that she already had in it were never enough to satisfy Khaine's lust for blood, and she soon found the perfect spot to provide covering fire for Kailleth and Kahlir from, and to try and kill off as many as possible of the swordmasters.

The swordmasters however were faster in combat then she expected, as Kailleth, followed by Kahlir, rushed into the upcoming swordmasters. The great swords were heavily underestimated by Kailleth, as he relied too much on his defensive skills and shield to protect his life. Two swordmasters wouldn't be a problem for the two warriors, as they eventually had their speed on their own side. But 10 Asur swordmasters were a whole different challenge. Not only was their speed advantage reduced by 75%, their shields became as little as defense against the great sword of the swordmasters. Desperate to pick a fight with a stronger opponent when in numbers, Kailleth lunged for the first that should arrive.

Him being surprised by a sword was no surprise, as the helmet limited his vision. Kailleth found himself having to rely on his shield once again when a great sword came for his head in a wide arc. The steel surfaces connected, and soon Kailleth found himself being thrown backwards by the brute force that the attack had. A severe dent in the shield had been caused by the blow, and the swordmaster was a bit thrown off of his balance by the shield.

Kahlir grabbed this chance by what ever he could grab and struck at the master. His sword going straight for the head, and the warrior opponent being dazzled by the blow on Kailleth's shield, Kahlir scored his first kill of the evening, and pierced the swordmaster's arteries. Quickly being force by a swing of a great sword, Kahlir found himself just in front of Kailleth. If he jumped away from the next attack, Kailleth would be struck in the head by it. His breathing time was over very soon, and soon the swordmaster that forced him back continued his assault and leaped for Kahlir, sword held behind his head.

Nathra saw this, and even saw the situation that Kahlir found himself in. The decision that she made was sound as she aimed the crossbow at the leaping swordmaster, aiming for the head. A flick of her finger sent a bolt flying, which struck its target true and in the armpit. The swordmaster dropped his sword and fell to the ground, crying out in pain.

But Nathra let her guard down during her action, and left her flanks vulnerable. A swordmaster noticed this and charged right at her. A scene from before happened again, as Nathra was too late to notice, and couldn't jump away from the incoming great sword which was bound to kill her. Yet to her luck, a small female shadow figure arised and used her sword to deflect the attack, followed by another shadow who, in his own term, struck at the swordmaster, forcing his sword right into his neck. the nearly invisible blade drew blood, and upon withdraw from the neck, showed his form. A male voice sounded his worries about Nathra. "I told you before, you're too cute to die." on which a female voice replied with "Don't worry, she was fine the moment I jumped in.". They lit up, as the moon rose above any remaining mountains, and lit the whole square in its bright bluish light. As usual, Coriath and Kathalia came out of no where, without even a slightest bit of noise to betray their position.

Okay, so Kailleth has a dent in his shield, and is kneeling behind Kahlir, who used the opportunity that he created to score a kill. Nathra is one a knee against the east wall of the building west from where they entered the village. Nathra has been saved from a VERY familiar faith by Coriath and Kathalia, who killed the treat off thanks to well performed teamwork. Nathra, before being attacked, took out 1 of the swordmasters and saved both Kailleth and Kahlir.

18 Swordmasters left, of which only 8 are engaging. 3 are heading toward Coriath, Kathalia and Nathra. The remaining 5(among them the pissed off swordmasters that were attacked in their back by Kailleth's bolts) are heading for Kailleth and Kahlir.

I did my job well this time ^_^ Deadline = 2 days :D Good luck.

Equipment:
dreadlord7476
Cold One Knight

Post by dreadlord7476 »

As kailleth recovered from the blow he gave his shield a quick glans and saw it was dented but not broken, he glanced forward and saw 5 more sword masters running at him and kahlir who had two asur at his feet, as he whacked the rush he hissed to kahlir through clenched teeth “draw your bow or shield you’re going to need it, and the next one to swing at you side step and let me through.” Kailleth adjusted his footing so he was still on one knee but set to spring forward.

Kailleth will wait for kahlir to step aside then spring forward and thrust his sword in to an opponent’s midsection whit his shield held high over his head, if successful kailleth will stand and kick the body in to some of the on rushing sword masters.
Twitter @dreadlord7476

Warrior
ws5 s4 t3 d3 i4
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

So much for this being a stealth mission. The shade thought to herself as she took aim on another swordmaster. The two K's were becoming more and more crowded as swordmasters rushed in to take them out. Aiming not too carefully, Nathra unleashed a hail of bolts at the nearest clump of Asur, there was no need to aim for such a short distance, but she hoped to kill or main several of them by unloading her clip at the easy targets as they charged headlong into her two warrior companions.

She was out of practice. When she had fired the last bolt Nathra began to fumble to replace the empty magazine. Hearing steps approaching her, Nathra looked round to see another three swordmaster's bearing down upon her. No time to reload. She dropped the crossbow and reached for the throwing knives wrapped round her waist. Taking two and aiming for the flesh of the enemies neck and faces, the knives were then whirling through the air, swiftly followed by another two. She threw two knives at two of the Asur, hopefully leaving only one for her to finish off with her sword and dagger.

Nathra has emptied her clip at the five charging K and K. Will wait to see what happens with the thrown daggers, before maybe finishing the three off in combat. So, small mod-post please :)

Next time, be patient -.-'

As emptied her only clip of bolts(-1 clip=0 clips), Nathra dropped het empty crossbow. She soon found herself facing another three swordmasters, this time in their advantage. However, the shade wasn't out of all her options, and soon saw that, even though her strongest ranged weapon was out of ammo, she still had options left, namely the 10 knives she carried. As the swordmasters came in her range, she threw 4 knives at two of them. The first 2 knives missed their targets, yet managed to scratch the cheek of one of them as he wore no helmet. The last two knives were on target, but, as with the bolts shot by Kailleth, the knives struck their target all but deadly. Their thick, heavy duty armour ognored the minor annoying knives of the shade and thus the knives bounced off of them. -Maveric.
Krau27
Corsair

Post by Krau27 »

“draw your bow or shield you’re going to need it, and the next one to swing at you side step and let me through.” Kailleth said as Kahlir nearly decapitaed his first of the the night. With a nod Kahlir pulled his sword out of the Swordmasters face and in a fluid motion drew his hand bow and leveled it at the closest charging enemy, and in doing so cleared the way for Kaileth. Thats one down Kahlir said taking a moment to revel in his kill Time to add a few more Firing two(2) bolts at the nearest guard he heafted his sword and ran back into the fray.

Kahlir fires 2 bolts into the charging 5 swordmasters attacking him an kailleth, afterwards kahlir runs back into combat trying to stay out of Kailleth's way as much as possible while giving support

OOC: hope im not late, been writing stuff on one of my other RP websites, who woulda thunk that a crazy idea would spawn 3 pages of work O_O
Group 31 RPG
Kahlir Halath'tor