Group 32

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Dragonsbreath
Warrior

Post by Dragonsbreath »

After the harrowing induction as a mercenary, and the arduous task of dealing with her companions - Amalii was pathetically glad for the familiar sights, sounds and even smells that entering the inn had provided. Looking over her shoulder at Mynath, Amalii winked,
"Follow my lead," she told the autarii confidently. So saying, the khainite strolled up to the bar, where the barmaid was working diligently at a stubborn red stain.

"Busy Night," Amalii remarked casually, her glance shifting from the recumbent corsairs to the blemished counter.
"I was hoping you could help me," she continued before the barmaid could respond, "I'm looking for someone. A slave trader - Vindik Kay." The Khainite drew her dagger, Bloodthorn, and made a show of inspecting the blade - seemingly unaware of any discomfort she was causing the girl.
"Have you heard of him?" she asked sweetly, looking back at the barmaid.

Amalii will ask the barmaid nicely(ish) if she knows anything about Vindik Kay. She will wait for a response, or for Mynath to interject. She also wants to listen out for the corsairs, in case they decide to wake up.
Amalii Kayth - Trainee of Khaine (Group 32)
Ws4 | S4 | T3 | D5 | I 2
Equipment: Short Sword, 'Bloodthorn'(Dagger), Necklace
Gold: 10
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Uncontrollable Frenzy
Silic
Noble

Post by Silic »

Factory

The guards blink, looking to each other and back to Arkath. The yawning stopped abruptly, both guards steeling their faces and standing straight, swords drawn.

The first guard, handbow dangling from his belt, stands and takes two steps forward, planting himself in front of Arkath. "What under Khaine's bloody eyes are you going on about, runt? I don't see a guardmaster's insignia on your torn clothing, now do you?" The guard laughs and spits on the ground. "Just another drunk, been sloshed since the sun set, I suspect." The guard flicks the point of his sword, arrowing it straight and stopping the blade against Arkath's shirt. "Get out of here, or I'll feed you to the cold ones as a snack."

Athyia steps up from behind Arkath, unaware of the words but knowing full well steel pressed against shirt was not a good start to the day, much less the mission. The top of her staff is glowing, and the second guard eyes the mage up as she approaches...
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Athyia stopped just behind Arkath in time to hear the guard stating that as the mercenary bore no mark of the guardmaster he could not go inside, in the same instant drawing his sword and levelling it at Arkaths' chest. The Mage took in the situation in an instant, looking first to the guard confronting her new companion and then to the other, who had yet to say anything. Her magical forte certainly lay with the wind of Shyish, but every Mage knew a host of other little tricks and enchantments on the side. She decided to try her hand at aiding Arkath by befuddling the minds of the guards. Without saying a word to the beastmaster, Athyia tried pouring her will into the guards, making them belive they were seeing the insignia they required without actually saying or doing anything, relying on Arkath to do the rest.

Her staff throbbing with arcane energies, she prepared a second hex in case the first didn't work, and Arkath decided to continue is bluff rather than back down.

Will try to make the guards think they saw the guardmasters' insignia in the hope they let them through without further fuss. If it doesn't work, and Arkath continues his bluff by talking back, hopefully with the same conviction he had begun with, she will try to plant the fear of death into the guards minds instead, so that they beleive Arkath really is a highborn capable of ordering their deaths and back down, letting them through.

If both plans fail, Athyia will speak a curse and walk away (the only time she would talk), seeking out Drasnir if she is sure they are not being watched.
Silic
Noble

Post by Silic »

GM Note:

From the initial dock fluff.

"As the group settles, Mynath nudges Drasnir, a bit too close for the druchii's comfort, and flicks his head sideways; two yawning and heavy-eyed guards were taking their post against a series of crates and barrels, all piled in front of a collapsing building's entrance."

The entrance to the building is blocked by these crates and barrels. The guards are most likely protecting the assets rather than the entrance.
Fingol23
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Fingol23 »

OOC: Thanks for pointing that out Silic, Drasnir is enjoying reliving his youth however :P

Factory

Spotting the broken window Drasnir laughed softly. They couldn't have made this place any easier to rob if they had tried. In fact it was so dilapidated that if it hadn't been for the guards outsied Drasnir wouldn't have bothered, surely no one would be stupid enough to keep something important in a place like this?

Peering in through the window Drasnir saw nothing but a thick crust of dust covering the floor. Well I suppose it would be too much to hope for them to leave everything in plain view. The trail of footsteps leading upstairs did reinforce his suspicions that there was something inside the building worth investigating, or stealing, so after quickly checking he was unobserved Drasnir placed a hand on the window sill and prepared to vault inside.

Drasnir will check to make sure he isn't being watched and then try and climb through the broken window.
WIP First War Against Chaos Expansion
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t= ... e7da5c4719

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
Skills: Basic Stealth
Items: Short Sword, Repeater Crossbow, Shade Cloak
Silic
Noble

Post by Silic »

NOTE: I was more pointing out to the two in front of the factory that if they get past the guards, they then would have to move the stockpile of things to use that entrance. I didn't want anybody to waste time doing things because of a mis-communication.
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

OOC - Thanks for pointing that out Silic, I had assumed the guards were leaning on a heap of crates just outside the door, guarding the entrance. I don't feel I need to edit my post however as it is all depending on what Arkath does anyway, now that he knows this I'm assuming he will walk away, which means Athyia will use 'plan C' from the above list, and go seek out Drasnir by the side of the building.

Out of interest, what is our posting deadline to be? I'd rather use a fixed time frame such as 48 hours or 72 hours, rather than setting an actual date at the end of each post, but it's up to you. In my group I play daily posting, but I'm guessing by the rate of posts so far we will be moving a bit slower than that.
Silic
Noble

Post by Silic »

NOTE: I feel that having a set time to post can make the mission feel much more like a requirement rather than a game, and frankly if you aren't self motivated, you may be better at a different hobby. Alas, we did just go through nearly a full day without a post by anyway, and let us just play it as bad timing.

I am waiting on two players to post before continuing...
Masked jackal
Noble

Post by Masked jackal »

There was nothing more here than a few passed out Druchii and a barmaid. As Amalii turned and winked, saying to follow her lead, Mynath thought she noticed a detail about the rooms in the back. If there wasn't a light in that area, it likely meant that the barkeeper was out.

In a way that was rather unsurprising to Mynath, Amalii strode up to the barmaid, immediately making a threat. She was unsure just how easily cowed these city folk were, but perhaps she could provide just enough backing to get some actual information.

Unfortunately, this barmaid would no doubt remember their faces, and be able to blab about them to whoever came along, but there was no avoiding that now. For the time being, Mynath shifted her cloak around her neck, exposing some of the tattoos on her neck, leaned forward, and gave the most devilish grin she could give. If she played the part of the too-willing foreign cannibal, perhaps intimidation could be easier. And if that didn't work, she had a hand on her short sword, just in case.

Mynath will lend her more exotic features to this attempt at intimidation. She will try to keep from speaking, but if the situation becomes volatile, Mynath will draw her short-sword.

ooc: Sorry guys, work was quite hectic. My shifts are back to 5-hour shifts for now though, so I'll be able to post properly.
8th Edition Druchii War Report:
W/D/L: 30/1/15
http://www.freedomstudios.net/boredlife/boards/index.php?sid=18db5076e750fafca78c5ae7ed86bab3
Bored Life: Forum for RPs and general discussion in need of new blood. PM for details.
Silic
Noble

Post by Silic »

Inn

Amalii and Mynath

Amalii leans over the bar, her dagger twisting into the wood of the bar-top like a screw. The barmaid stops scrubbing her deep red stain and eyes the pair, as Mynath approaches from behind. The shade is pulling at her covers, exposing exotic tattoos to the young druchii. The maid is short and thin, almost frail you would expect, until you remember she is working an inn. The girl rubs her eyes and sighs, taking time to lean forward as well.

"Don't be threatenin' me, dear. I've seen it all before. Now, Vindik Kay, you say? Some sort of slaver..." the girl thinks for a few seconds, tapping her fingers on the wood and making a showing of thinking hard, "Hm, yes, 'e sounds familiar. A week or so ago, some bastard came in, caused a ruckus before the guards yanked him out of 'ere. He was asking about for that 'Vindik Kay' before hand, and doing a poor job of hiding it."
Dragonsbreath
Warrior

Post by Dragonsbreath »

Inn

Amalii was disconcerted by the barmaids lack of concern. Obviously the temple does not enough to instill fear in the populace, she noted to herself - resolving to amend the issue should she have the chance. Presently, however, she needed information, and it seemed that she had misread the situation. Her cheeks flushed slightly at the blunder, but she pressed on - determined not to lose control of the conversation.

"Anything else?" Amalii asked aggressively, hoping to establish some form of dominance over the barmaid, "This elf, who was he? What was he told?"

Amalii will continue her interrogation of the baramid. She will keep Bloodthorn drawn and in plain view. Just in case.
Ws4 | S4 | T3 | D5 | I 2
Kajchi
Dark Rider

Post by Kajchi »

Somewhat taken aback by the blade being pushed against his chest, Arkath decide that a different course of action was in order. A quick glance around him showed that Drasnir had disappeared inside the building. Although Arkath had planned to get a look at the insides of the crates and barrels the Druchii were guarding, he opted to take what he had and be happy with it. He could always return when the guards switched watch. Unwilling to just give up his bluff, he stayed in role. You should do well to put away that away, I have flayed people for less. With a snort, Arkath continued. Whatever, enjoy the fresh air for as long as it last you fools, I'll make sure the Bird Hunter hears of your actions against one of his vassals. I'd say you will live to regret impeding on his investigation, but I doubt you will live at all. With this, Arkath turned around, Walking back to where the group was supposed to meet.

OOC: Sorry for the late (and short) post, but I had to work late and thus wasn't really in the zone. I'll make sure the next one is up to par.
Silic
Noble

Post by Silic »

Inn

The barmaid shrugs, pursing her lips and looking exceptionally annoyed. "What do you expect from me, darling? To remember every slave and corsair that falls into this place?" Amalli continues to stare.

"Khaine's wrath, I don't know! He was wearing heavy clothing, like he had been traveling in the mountains for some time. And a cloak, sort of like that one..." The barmaid nudges her face, towards Mynath. "That's all I saw, got it?" The barmaid abruptly turns back to her red stain, putting all her strength and anger into scrubbing.
Silic
Noble

Post by Silic »

Factory

Drasnir vaults himself into through the shattered window easily, much of the glass already resting below the piles of dust inside. He scans the wide room slowly, the low light hampering his sight. The footprints are still there, and clearly from a child (or children), going upstairs, where a small light can be seen flickering against the walls. There is another broken window opposite Drasnir's entrance, and the cold wind from the sea is blowing in. Voices from outside catch Drasnir's ears, sounds about insignias and someone asking about Vindik Kay.

Arkath and Athyia turn back, doing their best to keep their wits about them as they walk away from the guards. As the pair begin passing the stalls slowly being set up, Arkath catches the sound of one of the guards chuckling. The beastmaster mutters a curse...

Fingol23

Post by Fingol23 »

The Factory

Well that was easy. Carefully avoiding the piles of shattered glass, there was no easier way to alert anyone of his intrusion, Drasnir moved towards the centre of the factory. Now that he was closer he could see the footsteps more clearly, it was possible that they were the tracks of more than one child but he couldn't be sure. Once more he found his attention drifting towards the stair case, the top of which was illuminated by a flickering light. Well if there is anything in here it will be up there, thought Drasnir. Distant voices reasurred him that his distraction was still in place so Drasnir drew his crossbow and holding it lightly in both hands he started making his way up the stairs, treading as lightly as possible.

Drasnir will climb the stairs, crossbow in hand

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
Masked jackal
Noble

Post by Masked jackal »

"Did he have any tattoos? Distinguishing marks?" Mynath wanted to know if this man had been a shade. If so, he could perhaps be easier to find, but a man with a heavy cloak didn't tell them anything. In a place this big, there had to be many travelers.

Mynath will attempt to get the barmaid to be more specific.
http://www.freedomstudios.net/boredlife/boards/index.php?sid=18db5076e750fafca78c5ae7ed86bab3
Bored Life: Forum for RPs and general discussion in need of new blood. PM for details.
Silic
Noble

Post by Silic »

Inn

"I said, that was all I knew!" the barmaid screams. The corsairs sleeping on the table stir, some groan and lift there heads while another wets his mouth and peals his eyes open. Mynath and Amalii hear the stirring behind them, but the barmaid continues. "You come in here and demand information from me, like some petty vagabond, like I'm a slave?! I told you what I saw, I told you what I heard, and that is it!" She throws her scrubbing cloth at Mynath, the wet and smelling piece hitting him in the face and leaving red splotches on his face. The substance she was cleaning is now most obviously blood. "You aren't the first to come looking for this Vindik Kay, and Khaine's wrath come down on anyone who asks me again!" Amalii's mind races, the woman obviously not meaning to give up the information to these two. Mynath grabs Amalii's shoulder and squeezes, the shade watching as one of the corsairs nudges his counterpart at the sound of 'Vindik Kay'... The barmaid ducks below her counter as she continues to shout obscenities, fishing around through clanging glass for something below the bar...

Factory

Creeping up the stairs, Drasnir keeps his eyes wide as he clicks his magazine into place. The stairs are made of thin wood and creak with every step. The shade winces every time, doing his best to shift his weight from one step to the other slowly. As he reaches the top of the stairs, Drasnir peers over the final step; 20 feet away, straight ahead, is the source of the light, a small globe of witchfire burning inside a tiny brazier. Around the fire are three bundles of blankets and cloth that are rising up and down... the sound of slow, steady breathing comes from these, sleeping individuals tucked in for the night. By the look of the scraps of covering, the three are likely homeless, squatting in this factory until they are discovered by the owner. Drasnir sees a backpack resting next to the farthest person, and a few empty crates spilled over in the corner of the room.
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Athyia turned away from the guards the moment she saw Arkath start to turn in front of her, deciding to leave the guards to defend their precious cargo from someone else. If the crates could be moved to gain entrance to the factory then it might be worth doing, but since Drasnir had not yet returned she reckoned the Shade had already found another way inside. The guards chuckled as they left, but Athyia did not take the bait, fearing that if she spun back on her heel to confront them she might end up giving them more than just a stern talking to. The amethyst stop her staff pulsed with power as the thought of such destruction crossed her mind, but she bit back the urge to kill the guards and continued to walk off.

She headed down the side of the factory, the last place she had seen Drasnir headed, following footprints if there were any or otherwise just letting her instincts guide her. Whether Arkath followed or not the Mage gave no mind, once again reverting to working by herself since going to aid the beastmaster had proved fruitless. Upon reaching the side of the factory, Athyia noticed a single window had been smashed. She approached and peered inside, seeing shards of glass on the ground and a few sets of footprints in the dust that covered the floor inside. One of these led straight from the window to the stairs, and no doubt belonged to Drasnir. Had the Shade smashed the window? She hadn't heard anything, but then he wouldn't be a very good Shade if she had. Ignoring such thoughts, Athyia listened for a moment before attempting to follow Drasnir inside.

Athyia will try to climb in through the window, avoid the shattered glass as to remain silent, and follow Drasnirs' tracks up the stairs.

Assuming she gets up there okay and is faced with the same scene Drasnir just was, she will creep closer and take a look at who is sleeping...
Dragonsbreath
Warrior

Post by Dragonsbreath »

The situation had definitely taken a turn for the worse, though Amalii's foul mood had evaporated along with their chances for a simple resolution. Gleefully, she drew her short sword, calling over to the waking corsairs,
"What's wrong boys? Want to share some information?" Amalii laughed hysterically, taking a menacing step towards the seated druchii.

"You just had to piss her off, didn't you autarii," the khainite asked Mynath rhetorically, her gaze flicking over to the crouched barmaid. She laughed again, a new plan forming in her mind.

Amalii will draw her short sword and attempt to vault across the bar counter. Should she make it to the other side, Amalii will try to stop the barmaid from retrieving whatever she is looking for. If the barmaid attacks Amalii, she will respond in kind - though she will aim to incapacitate the woman rather than kill her.
Ws4 | S4 | T3 | D5 | I 2
Masked jackal
Noble

Post by Masked jackal »

Great. It's times like these my parents always scolded me about. As the barmaid threw her towel, Mynath drew her shortsword. A quick glance back told her the Corsairs were stirring, and she laid a hand on Amalii's shoulder. Immediately, she turned around, taunting them. She even had the gall to ask a rhetorical question. "For her to get this angry, she has to know something." Mynath glanced at Amalii's weapons, trying to size up her prowess. "Think you can handle them?" She whispered, keeping an eye on the barmaid.

Mynath will keep an eye on the barmaid for now, but will assist Amalii in combat if things get a bit too hectic. If it comes to a fight with the Corsairs, she will take shelter behind the bar and use her Repeater Crossbow to give supporting fire.
Fingol23

Post by Fingol23 »

OOC: This is before Athyia arrives.

Arkath may have been right, thought Drasnir bitterly, just some worthless squatters, but I've come this far so I may as well follow this through. His main chance to slavage something of worth from this endevour was the backpack and therefore it was towards the backpack that Drasnir headed, looping around the sleeping figures in order to try and avoid waking them. As he moved he kept his crossbow trained on each of the figures in turn, he did not intend to be killed by some worthless squatters.

Drasnir will climb the rest of the way up the stairs and then loop around the sleepers towards the backpack. If he gets there without waking them he will place his crossbow and sword on the ground next to him within easy reach before searching the bag.

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
Silic
Noble

Post by Silic »

NOTE: Athyia is about 2 minutes behind you, so you two may not bump into each other until Drasnir is leaving the building (if at all).
Kajchi
Dark Rider

Post by Kajchi »

Arkath was annoyed, very annoyed. Not only he had he lost what little pride was left since he was forced in this moronic goosechase, but the pair of guards managed to make it worse. Upon hearing the chuckle, it took all the restraint he had to keep him from spinning around and attempt to gut even only one of the impudent bastards.
He didn't see Drasnir around though, so at least he had been succesful in entering the building.Not like that's gonna help us. A ruined building is a ruined building, guards in front of it or not.

Grumbling as he was, Arkath once again didn't notice Athiya leaving him. And when he finally did, he couldn't care less. Pissed off and pained to the core, Arkath started wandering the streets paying no attention as to where he was going. Eventually he stopped and found himself at the edge of the docks, overlooking the sea. Slowly, Arkath sat down, staring at the waves crashing against the shore, lost in his thoughts.
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

If Drasnir is already leaving by the time Athyia arrives in the factory, and assuming he gives her some sort of signal that there is nothing worthwhile upstairs, she will turn back and head to the Inn. If she gets there before he comes down however, she will join him upstairs and take a look for herself. The Shade is welcome to the backpack, Athyia is more concerned with finding out if any of those sleeping know about their target, but will not wake them on purpose...
Silic
Noble

Post by Silic »

Drasnir holds his breath as he creeps within feet of the sleeping individuals. Any noise from the outside is distant now, the flowing witchfire and soft footsteps and slow breaths the only audible signs of life. As the shade makes his way past, he notes the figure sleeping under the closest set of rags; a male, his cheeks sunken and his skin pale even in the firelight. A glint catches Drasnir's eye, of what he thinks is a blade tucked under the male's head, where his right hand rests, underneath. Slipping past, the fire illuminating the shade's back, Drasnir crouches down over the pack. It is made of some thin material, holes beginning to open up along the seams. Placing his crossbow and sword down, the shade opens the cover. Drasnir reaches inside, his hands scooping low into the pack before hitting something brittle... the bread nearly crumples as Drasnir lifts the pile out of the pack, three thick wafers far removed from their ovens. The shade purses, opening the pack wide to the fire as he searches for more, and finding nothing but more crumbs inside.

Arkath sits on the edge of the docks, he legs dangling over the gushing water. His mind raced and was empty, thoughts and possibilities colliding so that neither won. In the distance, a corsair ship approaches his perch, the lone open shipping dock among the port's row. The ship is sleek and sharp, flowing through the churning water like a blade over thin skin. Its hull is pure black and its sail a deep purple, and from the top of its three masts fly pennants of a sea dragon, a raven, and the Felheart House.