Group 33: The Death Crows, an Imperial Guard RPG

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Carathyle maveric »

The very moment the guardtower with the auto cannon exploded, both Jim and Rolf knew that a rocket launcher was manned. However, even though they both knew this, and as the trail of smoke clearly marked its position, Rolf was stopped by his sergeant. Jim was also stopped by one of his brothers in arms, as all of a sudden, nine-ish shots were fired at the position he would have been at if he wasn't stopped. "REÏNFORCEMENTS!" was shouted upon sight of 25 Cultists who had new moral.

Even though this was the least of their problems, Rolf and Jim couldn't do anything else but to take cover behind the stone walls.

Scelerus bravely killed off a traitor with his bayonet stabbed in his neck. However, the moment he freed his bayonet from the corpse, another Cultists jumped towards him and tried to lash out. This guy however was met with a shot in the face by Sergeant Urban's las-gun. Scelerus withdrew to Urban's side, and shot at the two remaining cultists, as they fled behind cover. "Crows on me!" he shouted. "Scelerus, get behiind cover and the moment one of those morons pops out of cover shoot his head off." he spoke to Scelerus, who moved behind the cover of the left buildings rear wall.

All the crows assembled on Sergeant Urban, with 2 backing Scelerus, and three crows on the other side of the rear wall of the left building. "Okay troopers, easy plan..." a loud explosion sounded just outside the perimeter of the compound. [b]"shiz, new plan. Jim and Rolf was it? you and 503, along with Sergeant Baxer who is in command, will go up that ridge. There is a gun emplacement there. Try to use as much cover as you can, it is heavily guarded. 502nd and 504th will stay here and capture this compound. Baxer, we still got a strafing run and Imperial Guardsmen left, I'll call the goons to reïnforce us here, you take this beacon and mark the targets. The valkeries will do the rest." Sergeant Urban spoke as he threw Baxer the beacon.

So, everyone is hustled up. Artillery is being fired at your position(map of the implacement is below) from the top of the ridge(there is an incline, not indicated on the map.). Scelerus is at the wall, poking out with his gun aimed toward the last known postion. The total number of hostiles has increased in the compound to a total of... 33 Cultists. Can't be hard to beat for Crows :P

Carathyle Maveric:(Group 28 Warrior)
Ws:5 S:4 T:3 D:4 I:3
Equipment:
Enchanted* Obsidian Long sword, MC Light armour, Dark Steed(Sephirah), Shield, MC Longbow(89 arrows), 56 Circlets, Maibed Dagger, Asur Spear and Disguise.
Skills: Ride, Acrobatics
*Increased Strength, holds the soul of his father
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Sergeant Urban seemed to have taken command of the platoon though Scelerus was unsure of the exact chain of command between him and Baxer. After the death of the cultists in the immediate vicinity he listened as Urban detailed a group to destroy a fortified ridge while he himself was to stay put and provide covering fire.

'Alright, less chance of catching a bullet I suppose' he thought to himself although in truth he was disappointed not to be tasked with the more exiting assignment. Still with the las bolts flying and traitors dying this was hardly a dull spot. Moving into cover as ordered Scelerus looked for his first target.

Doing as he is told and providing covering fire from cover.

OOC: I am not complaining or anything, Scelerus is just a danger junky.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Krau27
Corsair

Post by Krau27 »

"Well Sargent?" Rolf asked waiting for the go ahead with his plan, with a sigh and a head shake Sargent Baxer looked at Rolf and said "Fine go for it, but if you get shot or blown up dont expect me to come get you" with a nod Rolf dashed out the door and grabbed one of the lasguns from the former autocannon and dove back into the building before he was shot to pieces by the still remaning cultist. Quickly taking out his combat knife he started to pry off the plating protecting the power converter. "You've done this before right?" Sargent Baxer said with a worried tone, without looking up from his work "Once or twice" he said as several sparks shot out of the lasgun where he was working "But each time it worked, so statistically you have nothing to worried about". Finishing up his work he reattached the protective plate and posted up at the door with the det-gun strapped over his shoulder, as he was about to run Sargent Baxer held up his hand to wait, "hold on there Heitzor, seems like we got enemy reinforcements" after some brief radio chatter the sergeant gave the sign to form up. As soon as they got to the designated meeting place the artillery strike came. As they arrived they were greeted with "shiz, new plan. Jim and Rolf was it? you and 503, along with Sergeant Baxer who is in command, will go up that ridge. There is a gun emplacement there. Try to use as much cover as you can, it is heavily guarded. 502nd and 504th will stay here and capture this compound. Baxer, we still got a strafing run and Imperial Guardsmen left, I'll call the goons to reïnforce us here, you take this beacon and mark the targets. The valkeries will do the rest." Sergeant Urban said throwing sergeant Baxer a beacon of sorts. With a nod Sargent Baxer rallied the squad, including Jim and Rolf. "Allright Crows" he started to say "This is going to be an uphill battle, both literally and figuratively, try your best not to get killed, Rolf use that new toy of your's to make us a short cut." "With pleasure Sargent" Rolf Responded running over to the nearest wall and attaching his makeshift det-charge to the wall flicked the saftey switch and booked it back to the squad. "What the hell is this crap?" one of the troopers said watching the gun on the wall, suddenly there was a high-pitched whining followed by a snap and an explosion resulting in a hole in the wall where the rifle used to be. "Allright Crows lock and load and lets take out some guns!" Sargent Baxer yelled as he charged through the hole with Rolf at his heals.

Out to go blow up some more crap
Group 31 RPG
Kahlir Halath'tor
WS:4 S:3 T:3 D:4 I:4
Weapons: Long Sword,Corsair Knife, Great Sword, Handbow 10 rounds
Armor:Light Armor,Town Guard Armor (Medium Armor),Cloak,Shield
Msc: Rations x5
Gold/Circlets/Widgets: 10
Stats: ziltch

Death, Doom and Distraction Join Up (this is my story)
Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

I've waited long enough for Smiler to post.

Modpost:

As Scelerus was kind of disappointed in missing out all the good fun, he was at least able to kill a huge amount of Cultists. As he jumped out of cover he saw at least 30 cultists heading their way. As he heard the high pitched sound of something, he quickly started shooting at the advancing cultists, who were forced to get behind cover after 2 shots landed fatal on 2 different cultists. Some were hit in either the arm, the leg or anywhere non lethal.

Rolf had placed and rigged the wall with his make-shift det-charge and activated it. As the high pitched increased, the gun blew up all of a sudden. His squad, or rather, his team stepped back as they didn't understand what was happening. However, as little as not being impressed Baxer could be, he ordered his troops through the whole, including Rolf and Jim. As the explosion attracted the attention of the now dug-in Cultists, they started to shot on the advancing crows, scoring no hit... except on Jim, who got shot in the leg.

Urban quickly got on the VOX and messeged the Imperial Guard forces that were supposed to reïnforce the crows when needed.
He got an confirmation that they were on their way.

THERE! happy? Okay, Rolf and Jim are outside the compound, Jim is shot in the leg, along with Baxer and the rest of their team. Scelerus is on the same bloody spot he was before. Urban has requested the reïnforcements and they are on the way(they'll arrive next modpost) Good luck, and don't forget, 2 days dayline.

Equipment:
Enchanted* Obsidian Long sword, MC Light armour, Dark Steed(Sephirah), Shield, MC Longbow(89 arrows), 56 Circlets, Maibed Dagger, Asur Spear and Disguise.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

'Here we go again' Scelerus thought as a new wave of cultists approached his, and the other crows', position. Whoever their commanding officer had been the man would have deserved shooting even if he had not allowed chaos cultists to corrupt his men, the traitor guard were decidedly subpar in their training. For now though Scelerus didn't mind, hunkering down in the cover of a pile of sandbags and torn camo netting the private slammed another clip home and sighted his first target.

The first shot flew high, just over the lead cultist's shoulder, angrily correcting himself Scelerus smiled as he roasted the traitor's black heart with a second shot. Moving on Scelerus took down another traitor with aimed bursts, this rifle really was rather good, much better than standard issue las guns.

The traitor's were not completely stupid and under the crows' fire they soon sought cover and returned violence with violence. Settling in Scelerus prepared for an extended fire fight. Hopefully once the regular guard arrived they could push forwards and skin these feckless bastards but until then or such time as sergeant Urban decided otherwise he was stuck here. There were worse places a man could be.

Staying in cover and shooting at anything that moves (and isn't an imperial loyalist) while getting high off of the danger.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Gentleman of Moderation
Smiler666
Highborn

Post by Smiler666 »

OOC: very sorry for missing the deadline bossman, as I've said before I have a lot on my plate at the moment.

IC: Jim was held back from his near-suicidal move toward the rocket turret just before a salvo of rounds buried themselves in the crew and weapon, he didn't have long to think about it though before the call went out that the enemy had reinforcements. Before he could even register the change of circumstance explosions started up around the compound, which sergeant Baxter immediately confirmed were artillery.

The new, scratch-built plan was that the 503rd would move up and take the gun emplacement, while the 502nd and 4th would hold the line with the guard reinforcements. The techie Jim had seen earlier was tasked with opening them a straighter path to the guns, and he did so with some kind of improvised gun-bomb. And the crows went marching in, accompanied by the fire of the cultists who had noticed thier escapade. Jim set off strong up the hill to the enemy position, but before he got too far a stray shot wickered up across the field and slammed into his leg, cauterising the flesh all the way though. He dived into some cover and took a moment to brace hisself against the pain, then set off again, now much closer to the back of the unit.

charging uphill with his wounded leg behind most of the squad. If people in front start to find cover so will Jim, if the plan is a frontal charge then he will follow - glory to the emperor and all that
Opus vos liberaverit
Krau27
Corsair

Post by Krau27 »

Before the smoke had settled Rolf was through the hole he recently created and was running up the hill towards the guns that were shelling their position. Noticing the large explosion the cultist were waiting for them with guns ready. As the 503rd charged up the hill the cultist started to fire at the, miraculously hitting no one except for one person in the leg who Rolf remembered being called Jim.

As lasbolts were shot at him and his squad Rolf took a quick peek around the large rock he was using as cover. The Heretic guardsmen had apparently been expecting there takeover of the base, or had seen the fighting below and quickly established a defensive barrier. Ducking back in before the traitors shot his head off, Grabbing a Krak Grenade from his belt he made ready to throw.

Rolf will attempt to blow a hole in the heretics defensive line so the rest of the squad can advance

OOC: anti-tank grenade on some guardsmen? no better kill than over kill i say.
Group 31 RPG
Kahlir Halath'tor

Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

modpost

As Jim stumbled up the hill, the cultists that were defending the gun emplacement opened their lasguns on the soldiers of the 503rd, making advancing without getting shot something that was harder then anything thusfar. However, what they didn't expect was that the Reïnforcement Guardsmen had Basilisks who were firing at the cultists emplacement. With a quick spree of fire, Jim ignored his wound and ran as fast as he could toward the next spot of cover.

Rolf, who was closest of them all to the entrenched traitors, did notice the basilisks artillery support, and he soon grabbed a Krak grenade from his belt and readied it to be hurled into the trenches. With covering fire of his fellow soldiers, he went out of cover and threw the Krak into the trenches. Rolf heard the Cultists panic when they spotted the grenade, yet they were too late. The Krak grenade exploded, making a nice big hole in their trenches. The cultists that were close to it and couldn't get away were ripped apart by the force. Those who were further away got themselves hit by fragments of debris that was hurled. "Holes been made soldier, GO GO GO!" Baxer yelled as he ordered his troops into the trenches. The experienced crows, even the rookies, knew what they had to do now. "Let's try to capture the guns in one piece!" he yelled as he jumped into the trenches, followed by 5 other crows.

Scelerus had a bit more luck however. As the crows gotten themselves a fine foothold, the Cultists were flanked by the Loyalist forces who forced them out of their dug-in position and into the sights of the Crows guns."Shoot with a single shot for each of those morons. We got about 21 soldiers here, they got 31 soldiers, the guardsmen brought tanks. I think this battle's over!" Urban yelled as he quickly shot one of the cultists through the head. "Crows, let's move toward the chapel. Stay in as much cover as possible. I see a nice trench we can use for that. Those morons didn't even use that." Urban spoke, as he kept his rifle pointed at the dumb cultists traitors. Scelerus managed to pop a couple of shots at the freeïng cultists, killing two of them.

Okay, Jim and Rolf are together at the boulder. Baxer with 5 other crows are in the trenches. Scelerus has killed a couple along with Urban, the rest is moving toward the trenches one by one, giving each other cover.

Equipment:
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

'Here comes the cavalry, or the infantry at least,' Scelerus thought as the guard engaged. They might not be flashy but they were good, honest soldiers and the traitors, now outflanked as well as out played were presenting easy targets. Taking care to preserve the emperor's own ammunition Scelerus picked his shots. Sighting an ugly looking brute the naughty altar boy baked a hole in his head. Instantly looking once more Scelerus led the running form of a lad not more than seventeen through his sights. Pulling the trigger Scelerus smiled as the boy tumbled over dying. Such was the emperor's mercy.

"Crows, let's move toward the chapel. Stay in as much cover as possible. I see a nice trench we can use for that. Those morons didn't even use that." Sergeant Urban bellowed from behind him.

'A trench they didn't use? Could be a trap,' he thought, but the sergeant’s tone did not make Scelerus think it had been a suggestion.
'Once more unto the breach, dear friends,' he mutterd as with a blast of las bolts to cover his movement Scelerus dashed out of his current cover and towards the trench.

Following orders, Scelerus will fire off a bundle of bolts to get the heads of any traitors down (in theory at least) before high tailing it over to the trench which he will proceed down with vigilance and a stabby nature.

Gentleman of Moderation
Smiler666
Highborn

Post by Smiler666 »

The techie, Rolf apparently, showed a little more of his explosives expertise by throwing a krak grenade up into the trenches ahead. There was a crump and a length of trench shrugged inward slightly, pulling several cultists insides out with it, "Hole's been made soldier, GO GO GO!" Jim didn't need to be told twice and leapt into the trench just behind the other men, the immediate area was clear thanks to the techie but traitor guard were coming to thier senses to either side and there were probably more around the twists of the trench. His bayonet was still fixed, so Jim decided he would get stuck in and started killing his way up the trench.

Jim will move up the trench toward the nearest big gun, killing any bad guy he comes across with his bayonet.
Opus vos liberaverit
Krau27
Corsair

Post by Krau27 »

Following on Jim's heels, Rolf dashed into the trenches. As he vaulted over the lip of the trench he landed with a thud checking down the trench he saw the traitor guard running toward the new hole in their defenses. This would be a wonderful time for a shotgun...or flamer Rolf thought as he ducked around a corner of the trench following Jim to the closest cannon.

Rolf his following Jim to the cannon giving support when needed
Group 31 RPG
Kahlir Halath'tor

Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

Modpost

As Jim, Baxer, Rolf and 5 other soldiers of their group entered the trench, heretic traitor guards descended upon them. With their bayonets equipped on their lasgun, the 8 soldiers quickly struck true with it and killed their attackers. With a quick sprint toward the first cannon, they were encountered by las-fire from above, piercing one of the crows through is shoulder. The group dove into cover and the crow that got hit quickly lapped himself up as much as he could. Now being charged AGAIN by 5 traitor guards, Rolf, Jim and baxer aimed and opened up the fire. Resulting in the death of 4 out of 5, the fifth heretic charged at baxer, who was the furthest away. Reacting to this, he lunged out with his bayonet. Jim and Rolf weren't stupid enough not to help him and lunged out at the traitor as well. With three bayonets in his body, the traitor soon hung from them with his lifeless body. As the other crows fired at the attackers, Baxer, Rolf and Jim withdrew their bayonets and turned around, opening fire at the cannon crew. With shots on, in and against the Basilisk, they managed to shoot both traitors in the head for some odd reason. Continuing down the trenches, the group encountered numerous heretics, ready to give up their lives for their false gods.

Scelerus on the other hand was a lot more lucky. Being the first one to transfer into the trench, followed by Urban and 2 other crows, he managed to escape a certain death from the basilisks fire. With a round on his exact position before he moved, the cannon made a nice round hole on the spot. "Hey kid, you must have been blessed by the God-Emperor if that happens again for you." Urban spoke as he realized it. Keeping up the fire from the trenches, soon the entire group got into it. With a quick advance they moved to the other end of the trenches. Only to see the Imperial Guards getting shot and the tanks killing off 2 traitors each. "Worthless Guard fools!" Urban spoke as he saw the deaths over at that side.

So, everyone scored a kill. Scelerus got lucky, Urban compliments him on that while shooting at the traitor guard. They are in the trenches.

Same for Rolf and Jim, in the trenches and engaged by the Heretic Guardsmen. Rolf and Jim are both on opposite sides of the trench their in.
-Maveric

Equipment:
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Leaping into the open trench Scelerus glanced back to see the place he had been taking cover in explode in a shower of earth and scattered sand from the sandbags which in the end had proved woefully inadequate to stop the sheer level of fire power put up against them. Had he still been there the soldier would quite certainly now be preparing his excuses for his interview with the emperor, as it was he was still in one piece and breathing, which was nice.

"Hey kid, you must have been blessed by the God-Emperor if that happens again for you." Sergeant Urban commented
"What can I say, a have a winning smile," he replied as he ejected a now spent power pack and slotted a new one home. Thus prepared he made his way down the trench closely followed by Urban and the rest of the squad.

What they saw as less than encouraging, the guard had arrived but for all their laudable bravery their training, leadership or perhaps both were seriously letting them down and the bodies were beginning to pile up on both sides. Sighting a traitor of his own Scelerus fired with a muttered
"His will be done," on reflex

Out loud however Scelerus stayed away from the spiritual and went back to the realities of the situation
"Do we push on for the chapel serge?" he asked while continuing to seek out new targets.

Scelerus will try to kill people from the trench whilst awaiting word from the boss man on whether to keep on going forwards. I am assuming that the chapel is quite close now though I didn't want to assume that he can see it just yet.

Gentleman of Moderation
Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

Since nobody(except Drainial) apparently doesn't have time to post here, I'll close this group.

I've waited a week so far, not planning on waiting any longer. It has lost its momentum and it can't be regained so this group is terminated from this moment on.

It's a pity that Imperial Guard RPG's are doomed on this forum, let this be a warning to the mods who are planning on making one, DON'T!

Equipment: