Group 37! - OOC

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Nightcall
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Nightcall »

Haha, love it smiler666! I'll have her sticking with that, and not very effective party trick style Shyish spells then. I'll be making stuff up for her for now as even the simplest Lore of Death magic only seems to tie in with her abilities once she gains Level 2. Don't expect any balloon animals or sawing people in half though. :lol: I'll go edit my post.
Casaythe Blackstorm - Warrior (Corsair) - Group 22
Skills: Awareness, Endurance
Equipment: Short Sword, Glaive, Medium Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Repeater Crossbow, clip of bolts [11/20], 405 gold, Talisman of Darkness, Tool Kit, 2 months' rations
Stats: WS4, S4, T5, D3, I4

Mod, Group 38
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

smiler666 wrote: I'm sure there's plenty you can do with the magicks once the situation is clearer, a doom and darkness-esque spell could be useful... or just start pulling souls out of orifices not made for souls :lol:

What Smiler said ;)

I may be interested in participating in your Vikarth RP if I am allowed to join, however, two roleplays is already quite stimulating enough. Have also been thinking of doing a Necromunda RP for a while now. Just don't know if I currently have the time for it.

Ballon animal death magic spells? That I would like to see :shock:
Nathra Severain - Shade (Group 38)
WS:5 S:4 T:2 D:6 I: 3
Skills; Acrobatics; Basic Stealth; Free Running
Equipment: Longsword; Shurikens (6/10); Shade Cloak; Asur Arm & Leg Armour Plates; Misericorde; Gutting Knife
Inventory; Ornate Tiara; Sword Belt; Asuri Orb; 106 gold
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

Mhm, behold the sausage dog of doom! *casts* :lol:

Vikarh's a casual RP, not at the pace of a thread such as this. The idea is, RPers have somewhere to go mingle and interact with people that they don't usually get the chance to due to the groups system. So even if you dropped in, bought some courva, then disappeared again, that wouldn't be a problem. ;) The Necromunda idea sounds good, btw.
Equipment: Short Sword, Glaive, Medium Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Repeater Crossbow, clip of bolts [11/20], 405 gold, Talisman of Darkness, Tool Kit, 2 months' rations

Mod, Group 38
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Nightcall wrote:Mhm, behold the sausage dog of doom! *casts* :lol:

It would be interesting to see |Ithilsyn attempt such a thing - that's what I was really getting at :roll:

One of my other characters might pop into Vikarth for a pint if I have the time sometime, can't guarantee anything, though ;)
Equipment: Longsword; Shurikens (6/10); Shade Cloak; Asur Arm & Leg Armour Plates; Misericorde; Gutting Knife
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

:)

Quick question - shall I make another post along the lines of asking the group to give the signal for her to cast, or wait for Sam to post again?

Mod, Group 38
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Given the current group situation it may be prudent to wait until we're all in position, or for a mod post from Sam. You could maybe start the prep work just now ;)
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

Mhm, did not want to get ahead of things. Cheers MiniGrift!

Mod, Group 38
Solidsam
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Solidsam »

MiniGrift wrote:Hey Nightcall ;)

It is ultimately up to Sam, but I am unsure if the low status of an RP mage would allow them to cast 'super spells' - don't see why you shouldn't at least be able to attempt it, though. At the moment Ithilsyn is only a level 1 practitioner and not a 'battle field standard wizard'. I would suggest that she be at least level 2 before even attempting such a spell, and level 3 before casting it with some measure of certainty.

I am more than certain she would never have cause to attempt such a spell on Nathra, but there is a good chance your mage might explode and then we'll all be in trouble!

Quoted Drainials 'Shyish' entry just as a reference :)

Drainial wrote:
Power of Shyish (1): SP1
Prerequisites: Intelligence 4
You have a basic grasp of the principles involved in controlling the wind of Shyish and thus of death energy in pretty much all of its forms. You are not a battle field standard wizard; any attempts to drain the life out of a regiment are unlikely to end well for you (though you can try anything). This is the first step on a path to great power.

Power of Shyish (2): SP2
Prerequisites: Mage, Power of Shyish (1)
Your understanding of Shyish has grown considerably and you can attempt greater feats of the arcane while tasks that were once difficult are easier. You are still unlikely to be able to create a liche without accidently blowing your own head off but you are a force to be reckoned with.

Power of Shyish (3): SP3
Prerequisites: Mage, Power of Shyish (2)
You are an accomplished and skilled practitioner of your craft able to manipulate death energy to considerable effect. You may not be able to cause a city wide plague but you are one of the most powerful death mages in Naggaroth outside of the convents.

Ultimately it is up to Sam, I personally have no qualms either way. Just thought it was worth mentioning 8)

I see it like trying to lift a heavy weight, except what you are moving is not muscle fibers determined by will and conditioning. It's raw magical energies through your mind and flesh, by will and conditioning. If you want to try it, go ahead, but we are using dice. ;)

Personally I would go for it. Not the big ones, but maybe a level or two above. Fortune favors the brave, no risk, no reward, etc. Worst that can happen is massive internal hemorrhage type stuff from miscasts. Ithilsyn may be temporarily crippled, suffer from nightmarish images, have migraines and vomit blood, but mages don't get from strokes the way warriors don't die from gangrene.

Hi Sam :D

Just curious how you intend to resolve our actions in a combat situation. I find it easier to 'act and react', ie I write about what the enemy is doing (even if you haven't necessarily told me exactly what the enemy is doing) and then I have my characters react to those actions - fighting is, after all, primarily acting and reacting.

I do try to keep in the habit of just doing actions without writing about or involving the actions of NPC's. It is just more difficult for me to imagine only what Nathra will be doing, especially if she is going to fighting several opponents at once - Nathra will be throwing stars all round, doing backflips, running up trees, backflipping and rolling her way 'round a fight as she takes on several opponents at once... That sort of thing, lol

Sorry for waffling on a bit there! In Smiler's group I usually do three or four actions per post in a fight situation. This keeps things moving at a reasonable pace instead of just doing one action per post (which would take forever) and also makes things more interesting.

It is your RP and I would like to know how you wish us to do things concerning our actions. Is one per post plenty? Is three or four actions per post acceptable? Furthermore, would you rather we just stuck solely to what are characters are doing, or can we also include the actions of the enemies we are fighting?

To everyone, keep up the good posts. This RP has been really enjoyable thus far ;)

Feel free to include multiple actions.

I have no problem with:

Sneaks to guards, will attempt to kill using melee weapons, if succesfull will look for opportune attacks against the main force.

You can include actions of enemies you are fighting. Worst comes to worst I'll edit your post. It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

SOLIDSAM wrote:I see it like trying to lift a heavy weight, except what you are moving is not muscle fibers determined by will and conditioning. It's raw magical energies through your mind and flesh, by will and conditioning. If you want to try it, go ahead, but we are using dice. ;)

I recall reading something in a Terry Pratchet book that some spells are like a lever; try something too powerful and your brain flips out of your ears. :lol:

I just want to be sure I'm getting the balance right (no pun intended), so as you suggest I'll try out a few of the lower level Lore of Death spells when the chance arises. Most of these are debuffs, by the way, rather than aggressive magic. ;) With her low level, there's no way I'll get her trying to manipulate dhar!

Mod, Group 38
Arturo
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Arturo »

Just wondering what kind of equipment the marauders have, mainly what kind of armor and weaponry. Spears, bows, thrown weapons and whatnot? Just trying to get a good sense of what were up against now that the group is able to see the riders properly for the first time :) Or are we supposed to fill in the blanks in our own post? That might be interesting too :D
Rafan Ashpacer
Male Shade Group 37
Stats: Ws 5 S2 T3 D4 I4
Equipment: Crossbow (22/25 bolts), Short sword, Dagger, Shade cloak, Rations
Skills: Precise shot
Solidsam
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Solidsam »

Arturo wrote:Just wondering what kind of equipment the marauders have, mainly what kind of armor and weaponry. Spears, bows, thrown weapons and whatnot? Just trying to get a good sense of what were up against now that the group is able to see the riders properly for the first time :) Or are we supposed to fill in the blanks in our own post? That might be interesting too :D

Sorry, I couldn't find my warriors of chaos rulebook and didn't remember offhand what they had by default.

Most of them have helmets and hand weapons. The rest have a mixture of swords, axes and bows.
Lokil
Warrior

Post by Lokil »

Hey Sam it probably helps to set deadlines so we know by when we have to post. That way, I hope, we can keep a more steady pace.
• Name: Akish Shadowborn
• Male Khainite
• WS4 S3 T3 D4 I4
• Equipment: Dagger, 2 Short Swords, Throwing Dagger x4, Light Armour,
• Skills: Basic Stealth
Arturo
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Arturo »

I think deadlines would be a good idea, at least when there is combat. I mean it has been a week since the last modpost and I feel the pace has suffered quite a blow, not to mention that two out of five haven't even posted yet. I'm sure you guys have a good reason for it, but I would appreciate if you told us what's going on :) Life does have a nasty habit of getting in the way from time to time and that's just how it is, but we can still at least inform the rest of the group ;) Unless the internet connection blacks out of course :lol:

Hope to hear from you soon guys :D
Rafan Ashpacer
Male Shade Group 37
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Hi all,

Apologies to you all. I have been horrendously ill this last week and have been unable to attend the library so I can post. Don't have regular 'net access at home so I have to do most of my posts at the library.

I would like to post every day if at all possible, but the library isn't open every day and illness can always deal a near fatal blow! Having said that, the normal posting service from myself should now be resumed 8)

Hope we can get back on track ;)
Smiler666
Highborn

Post by Smiler666 »

I'll have to apologise profusely as well, as I've also spent the week on death's door (well... almost) so I haven't been up to posting either. Hopefully this won't happen again in the near future (and preferably not in the far future either)

But anyways, to the RP forum
Opus vos liberaverit
Arturo
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Arturo »

Good to hear that you are better now guys! Oh, and I don't think there's any reason to apologize, since you were badly ill and all that. I think none of us could have written a post in that condition, so nothing to be sorry about there :)

Lets hope the rest of us are able to stay healthy too :D
Rafan Ashpacer
Male Shade Group 37
Lokil
Warrior

Post by Lokil »

Hey,

I'm also glad that you guys are better, but I would really like deadlines so the story keeps going if possible. Kinda like in the beginning of the roleplay where it wasnt terrible to miss out on a post whereas now it would weaken the whole group if one doestn write and we had to fight being short one man( or woman).

So if possible I wouldnt mind having deadlines and just continuing the story.

If it is critical that everybody posts Im happy to wait!

Tell me what you guys think about it, Im just trying to keep our group going as smoothly as possible and am always happy when someone has a better idea than me!
• Male Khainite
• WS4 S3 T3 D4 I4
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Hi all,

Am over the worst of my flu, I hope, still got a lingering headache but can't really do much about that!

I was more than 100% sure that I posted in the RP on Tuesday (that was, after all, specifically what I came down to the library to do) but it appears that that isn't the case... Oh well, I've posted now!

Deadlines are good to have and I wouldn't mind if we had deadlines to follow. Just bear in mind that I usually won't be able to post over the weekend (Sat/Sun) as the library is closed on both of those days. As previously mentioned I would ideally like to be able to post every day if possible, that sort of frenetic pace is probably quite unsuitable for most of us even if we could post whenever we wished!

One last thing, Sam, if in the future I don't post in a timely fashion or meet a deadline, feel free to go ahead with the modpost if you wish. Don't want the group stalling on my account.

Hope we can get back on track 8)
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

Glad to hear Nurgle's taint has spared you both! :) Hope you both recover fully soon.

Mod, Group 38
Arturo
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Arturo »

When it comes to deadlines I think starting easy is the way to go. Something around three days maybe? My thinking here is that it gives everyone quite some time to write a post, but still keeps a relatively lively pace going. Of course if we all start posting faster than that, who is to stop Sam from modposting every second day, or even faster :D

If someone fails to meet a deadline I don't think it automatically deserves some kind of punishment, as I've seen happen in other groups. I'd hate to recover from a terrible illness only to find my character near dead ;) I think it should affect the characters performance only if the player is absent for a long time without any notice. Of course Sam is the ultimate judge in these things, it's his group after all :)

I also suggest we don't count saturdays and sundays, because that wouldn't really be fair to Minigrit now would it.

So to sum up my idea:
- 3 day deadlines (excluding Sat/Sun)
- No punishing characters for missing a deadline, unless it's a case of prolonged absence.

Just my two cents on the subject. I think Lokil has a solid point that deadlines help keep the story flowing smoothly. I just think we need to carefully consider what happens if someone misses it. I think deadlines should encourage us to post during a certain time because others will too (and we don't want to slow others down do we ;) ) rather than scare us into submission by penalizing us over every minor delay.

Well then, what do you think?

EDIT: By the way where is Sam? I mean he hasn't posted since 7th of March o_O Hope he's ok, but I can't help wondering if he's sick too :?
Rafan Ashpacer
Male Shade Group 37
Lokil
Warrior

Post by Lokil »

I really wonder where sam is too!! Hope everything is ok and he has a funny story to share when he is back...
• Male Khainite
• WS4 S3 T3 D4 I4
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

Yeah... hope he's alright.:?

Mod, Group 38
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

I agree with almost everything you have said, Arturo!

From next month onwards I should be able to post over the weekends, but even if I couldn't I would still strongly encourage you lot to do so ;)

Two mod posts per week sems a reasonable pace, or even more if we all post up in time and Sam comes back.

Sent Sam a PM on Monday so hopefully he will come back to us. Would be a shame to start such an exciting prospect such as this only for it to halt before it's really begun!

Sam, hope your okay dude. Come back! We miss you :cry:
Lokil
Warrior

Post by Lokil »

Yeah Sam, where are you? I was so excited for this Group!! *SADNESS IN MY FACE* :(
• Male Khainite
• WS4 S3 T3 D4 I4
Arturo
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Arturo »

Since it has been almost a month since any of us has heard from Sam I have the feeling this group isn't going anywhere :( It would seem Sam, for some reason, is in no condition to post, and what ever the circumstance it probably won't be fixed any time soon. It saddens me to admit, but I'm losing hope. Fast.

So if you can read this then please post something so we know your still live and kicking, Sam!

I'll follow where this is going for another week, no more. I've already started making a new character and if a chance at another group rises I'll take it. If this group gets revived again I will be interested in continuing, but I can't promise I'll have the time anymore :?

If this is truly the end of this group then I'd like you all to know I enjoyed every bit of it, short lived as it was :) You all have my sincere thanks!
Rafan Ashpacer
Male Shade Group 37