Group 38 OOC

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Mod post up already. Wow! I might be able to get my post up today or tomorrow - give me a nice break from the college work I'm catching up on!

Kirael is a "khainite assassin", not a shade. And since Nathra hates Khainites don't think she'll want to work with him...
Nathra Severain - Shade (Group 38)
WS:5 S:4 T:2 D:6 I: 3
Skills; Acrobatics; Basic Stealth; Free Running
Equipment: Longsword; Shurikens (6/10); Shade Cloak; Asur Arm & Leg Armour Plates; Misericorde; Gutting Knife
Inventory; Ornate Tiara; Sword Belt; Asuri Orb; 106 gold
Nightcall
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Nightcall »

Fair enoughski :)
Casaythe Blackstorm - Warrior (Corsair) - Group 22
Skills: Awareness, Endurance
Equipment: Short Sword, Glaive, Medium Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Repeater Crossbow, clip of bolts [11/20], 405 gold, Talisman of Darkness, Tool Kit, 2 months' rations
Stats: WS4, S4, T5, D3, I4

Mod, Group 38
Syjahel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Syjahel »

Oh dear Syjahel, as the army is just on the march again, I'd expected you and Reg just to jump in and post about moving along towards the gate. Perhaps a little background as to what your character is doing joining the invasion of Ulthuan?

Maybe I should have been clearer?

I'm afraid it did not seem clear to me because I was, as I said, waiting for a heads up "right and you two are on, go!".

I think what has happened here is that what is obvious to you, is so obvious, that the fact that what is obvious to me is quite different, have simply had some unholy clash through no fault of our own!

In the game I'm in, new characters have to wait for a certain point (when the GM decides that they'll fit) in the story to be joined in. I did post a "my character is here, waiting to be useful" post but precisely because I didn't want to overstep my bounds and start dictating where I would go when I wasn't yet required, I left it at that. From my perspective, it would have felt impatient to start nagging you, Nightcall!

I'm having to describe what you're all doing as a whole, as a host at the moment. Things won't be getting "personal" for another post or two, if that makes sense?

It does now :D

I think what we've got here is a breakdown in communication :) I have a lot of respect for you as a GM and someone who knows her Dark Elves, so I have if anything been erring on the polite side and waiting my turn like a good player :D

Kirael is a "khainite assassin", not a shade. And since Nathra hates Khainites don't think she'll want to work with him...

This. MiniG, is my other compelling reason not to start until I am told to start. I know that Nathra, from reading past posts, hates just about everyone and seems to have an especial hatred of men (or perhaps just most PCs have been male). This is common enough among Druchii so I guessed that the GM would be grouping us in some kind of way that we'd have to work together. There was no reason for a Temple Assassin to approach a random Shade (other than the metagaming knowledge that she was a player character), and no reason for a Shade to approach a hated Khainite until told to. If Kirael had talked to Nathra without being assigned to some kind of mission, I gathered that she'd just disdain him at best. There are plenty of ways that Kirael would work with Nathra, just to make it clear that I'm not being an awkward swine, but nothing to just make him start talking to her rather than any other fellow Druchii that wouldn't be horrendously OOC :P (In fact it's rather easy to start him working with a group because all it takes is some Temple high-up to tell him to. I deliberately left myself open to that sort of method for convenience.)

Right, the situation Nightcall as I see it is this:

- we are on the march
- while we are on the march, we are expected to post what we're up to (no problem, by the way)
- at such time as it becomes right, the GM will turn her attention to us as individuals / as a group of PCs with/without NPCs as deemed appropriate to plot, fun and Khaine
- until then sweeping vistas of epic grandeur and an army on the march for vengeance.

Yes? :D

EDIT: PM'd you Mini, I think I've got some ideas how we can work together :D Tell me what you think.

Gaelus as the bearer of the Army Standard is someone Kirael would quite possibly end up near. The standard is obviously going to be a source of morale for us and dismay for the enemy (hopefully) so having an assassin guarding your back may be useful. Just some ideas.
RIP Group 28
~ We Never Slept ~
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

Aye. that's the sum of it Syjahel ;)
Equipment: Short Sword, Glaive, Medium Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Repeater Crossbow, clip of bolts [11/20], 405 gold, Talisman of Darkness, Tool Kit, 2 months' rations

Mod, Group 38
Syjahel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Syjahel »

Took a while, but I got there! :D
RIP Group 28
~ We Never Slept ~
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Perhaps 'hate' was too strong a term. Nathra more has... a moderate to severe dislike of khainites! Same goes for (some) males ;)
Equipment: Longsword; Shurikens (6/10); Shade Cloak; Asur Arm & Leg Armour Plates; Misericorde; Gutting Knife
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

Druchii females are like cats. They hate everyone unless they want something :lol:

Mod, Group 38
Syjahel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Syjahel »

I reserve the right for Druchii males to hate everything as well :D After all, these are Dark Elves we're talking about :P
RIP Group 28
~ We Never Slept ~
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

And that's why we love them :D

Mod, Group 38
Syjahel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Syjahel »

Yes, yes we do <3
RIP Group 28
~ We Never Slept ~
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

The two of you are... very strange :P

Syjahel, you can click Nathra's name in my sig to see what she looks like ;)
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Nightcall, there's a new character in the CC thread if you're interested!

As for my post, well, I've tried several times since Sunday to make a post but I just can't seem to think of anything to write.
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

Well spotted Mini! I've PM'd them.

New post coming up at some point today.

Mod, Group 38
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

We have a new member to the group! Welcome aboard, Zacharius ;) Please remember to put your stats in your signature, using a similar format to the other group members.

• Name: Asilah Bloodhowl
• Sex: Female
• Height: 6'1
• Weight: 148lbs
• Appearance: Asilah's chilling icy blue eyes are framed by tattoos of talon-like shapes in blood red, extending from the corner of both eyes, representative of the God of Murder's own talons. Across her body there are other clear marks of her faith, a hand of khain marked onto the underside of each of her breast as well as Druchii markings along her legs, these bright red marks are contrasted with a series of thin white scars criss-crossing the skin of her back. Other than these inflicted marks, Asilah's skin is both pale and smooth, even for a Druchii, seemingly the affect of being thrown into the cauldron shortly after her birth. While not much above avergae heigh for a female Druchii, she is of a strong and curvaceous build for her people, lean muscle visible across her limbs. Her hair is long and lustrous black, aside from several lines of dark red, dyed evidently.

• Character Class: Khainite
• Character Statistics:
WS: 4
S: 3
T: 4
D: 4
I: 3

• Starting Equipment:
-Longsword
-Dagger
-Sea Dragon Cloak

• Starting Skills:
-Two Weapon Fighting

• Character Background:
Born as the seventh child of a minor but rising household, Asilah was given to be plunged into the Cauldron of Blood not because of any defect, but simply to gain the favour of Khain for a coming season of slaving which would secure the house's position in Har Ganeth. Not only did the following season provide no great opportunity, but Asilah was one of the few newborns to survive the process and be inducted into the life of the Khainite, named immediately so for the continual wail she shrieked as a child while fighting for her nascent life.

While originally intended for the Witch Elves, Asilah never posed the wild abandon demonstrated by her peers, while she continued to practice her namesake, demonstrating some of the more terrifying battle cries of the initiates, she remained generally calm, or at least, moderately sane in battle, and so was trained in a more general role, to best bring about the will of Khaine as best she could. While it had been hoped that she would return to her family and yet another noble household of Har Ganeth would be in the pocket of the Khainites, however after the general failure of her purpose in regards to her family, they wanted little to do with her. Consequently, since the conclusion of her training, she has become somewhat of a free spirit, working as a mercenary to further her own goals, as well performing various tasks for the Priestesses of Khaine, largely in working on minor leads on the existence of Slaaneshi cults. At the same time, she hopes her training and the favour of Khaine will enable her to carve out her own existence in the harsh world of the Druchii.

While still supported by her strong faith, Asilah has generally become more at ease with general Druchii society, although she still finds individuals flouting the laws of Khaine repellent, she herself has taken part in the revels of the flesh that Witch Elves are guarded jealously from, making her seem more like an individual marked by Khaine, rather than a part of any formal priesthood.

• Character Ambitions:
IC:
-To battle the enemies of Khaine.
-Personal success, she wants to attain a grander place in society.
-Potentially eventual, rather painful, revenge against her birth family.

OOc:
-Largely character development orientated, perhaps slipping somewhat out of the pocket of the Church of Khaine, generally depending upon whom she comes into contact with.

Mod, Group 38
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Ah, you've taken me up on my prompting ;)

I'm more than happy for you to 'steal' all the new characters as I think my group will soon be no more!

Oh *cringes* not another Khainite *sigh* (I share Nathra's dislike of Khainites >.<) though, "slipping from the pocket of the church of Khaine" has some interesting possibilities.
Syjahel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Syjahel »

Welcome, Zacharius! I personally love Khainites so never you mind our dour buddy here ;)
RIP Group 28
~ We Never Slept ~
Zacharius
Slave on the Altar

Post by Zacharius »

Greetings all, happy to be here and all, I'll be right on that IC post.

I've got a good deal of experience in forum roleplaying elsewhere, so don't be worried by measly time spent here :P
I'll think of something trivial and amusing eventually

Asilah Bloodhowl (Group 38 Khainite)
WS:4 S:3 T:4 D:4 I:3
Equipment: Longsword, dagger, sea dragon cloak
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting
Nightcall

Re: Group 38 OOC

Post by Nightcall »

Great introductory posts everyone!

Here's that map of the gate. Remember, there's one gate on the Shadowlands side.... a secure gap through the pass, and a second gate on the Ellyrion side. Two towers stand to each side of either of the gates.
Attachments
Griffon Gate
Griffon Gate

Mod, Group 38
Syjahel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Syjahel »

!!:O My post got eaten, and I didn't get it reconstructed in time to get it in before the mod post (this very afternoon, in fact). I'll make one now. Sorry about that, Nightcall :shock:
RIP Group 28
~ We Never Slept ~
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

Oh no!!! There's nothing worse! !eek! I tend to write mine up in Word before posting them; it's awful to spend all that time only to have it vanish... and you can never quite remember what you had posted.

Mod, Group 38
Syjahel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Syjahel »

Notepad here. But there was a horrible browser crash ... I have a post up now, anyway :)
RIP Group 28
~ We Never Slept ~
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

I always ensure I copy what I've written before hitting the post button. One time I spent two hours writing a mod post only for D.net to crash when I sent it... and I hadn't copied my work!

Anyway, Nightcall, you still need to move Zacharius' character to your group post.
Syjahel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Syjahel »

I copy my posts ...nothing will save it all from restartcrashageddon though, just once in an unlucky while.

Anyway while we're off topic,

Hey what about his good looks and charm? :D They might count for something :P
RIP Group 28
~ We Never Slept ~
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

Thats my post up! Things are getting pretty exciting! Sorry for only being able to post on Friday's of late. Have had a lot of one week blocks that've required a lot of clinical work and hand-ins for Friday so time to chill is hard to come-by during the week, but im liking the pace otherwise!
Cade Thanal (TN: Gaelus Stormscythe) (Group 38 warrior)
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5
Equipment: Light Armor, Short Sword, Repeating Handbow (9/10), Helmet, Asur Short Sword, High elf Mage-prince pelt, Lion pelt cloak, Sword belt with gold buckle and sapphire, 10 gold
Skills: Disguise

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2
Equipment: Glaive, medium armor, shield
Skills: Endurance

Taldein, the Draich'Arha (CC Thread)
WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Equipment: Draich (EP4), Helmet (EP1), Pendant
Skills: Power of Ulgu (1)
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

What good looks and charm? Considering Nathra has never met him or is even aware of his existence... They might count for nothing :P

My post is up - considered doing the 'elf missile' thing again but wanted to try something different. Hope it works!