Group 38 OOC

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Nightcall
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Nightcall »

That's fine, Assani. Just change your sig to show what you're carrying now. I have altered your character's equipment.
Casaythe Blackstorm - Warrior (Corsair) - Group 22
Skills: Awareness, Endurance
Equipment: Short Sword, Glaive, Medium Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Repeater Crossbow, clip of bolts [11/20], 405 gold, Talisman of Darkness, Tool Kit, 2 months' rations
Stats: WS4, S4, T5, D3, I4

Mod, Group 38
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

C'mon guys! Where are all the wonderful posts I've been expecting? There's vile Asur to slay... ;)

Good to see you too, Assani!
Nathra Severain - Shade (Group 38)
WS:5 S:4 T:2 D:6 I: 3
Skills; Acrobatics; Basic Stealth; Free Running
Equipment: Longsword; Shurikens (6/10); Shade Cloak; Asur Arm & Leg Armour Plates; Misericorde; Gutting Knife
Inventory; Ornate Tiara; Sword Belt; Asuri Orb; 106 gold
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

I'll try to post earlier but I think the earliest I can do is thursday or this weekend. Paeds block is kicking my butt and missing out on the weekend to get on top of work didn't help. Like to have a bit of time to make a decent post. If NC is wanting to advance the story sooner, I left a bit of wiggle and possible outcomes at the end of my last post.
Cade Thanal (TN: Gaelus Stormscythe) (Group 38 warrior)
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5
Equipment: Light Armor, Short Sword, Repeating Handbow (9/10), Helmet, Asur Short Sword, High elf Mage-prince pelt, Lion pelt cloak, Sword belt with gold buckle and sapphire, 10 gold
Skills: Disguise

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2
Equipment: Glaive, medium armor, shield
Skills: Endurance

Taldein, the Draich'Arha (CC Thread)
WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Equipment: Draich (EP4), Helmet (EP1), Pendant
Skills: Power of Ulgu (1)
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

I don't mind, I'll keep the pace around the speed you lot post to. Unless of course it gets silly. I don't want to hit my next birthday before someone else responds... :lol:
Equipment: Short Sword, Glaive, Medium Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Repeater Crossbow, clip of bolts [11/20], 405 gold, Talisman of Darkness, Tool Kit, 2 months' rations

Mod, Group 38
Assani
Highborn

Post by Assani »

I will post 2morrow, crazy long days at work:(

Khitai - Khanite - Group 38
WS5 - S3 - T2 - D5 - I3
Skills: Ambidexterity, Two Weapon Fighting
Equipment: 2xfine scimitars, dagger
Inventory: Gold 30, Crowns 40, 1 Red ruby
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Alrighty peeps ;)

To fill in some time while I wait for you guys to post, thought I would share some pictures of Nathra!

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f29/M ... CN0512.jpg
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f29/M ... CN0516.jpg
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f29/M ... CN0522.jpg

And my personal favourite:
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f29/M ... CN0519.jpg

Made her on Soul Calibur 5 character creator - just in case you were wondering 8)
Equipment: Longsword; Shurikens (6/10); Shade Cloak; Asur Arm & Leg Armour Plates; Misericorde; Gutting Knife
Assani
Highborn

Post by Assani »

Home from work now, 16h work day and I am dead beat. I have to postpone until tomorrow, soz

Nice pics btw Mini:)

Khitai - Khanite - Group 38
WS5 - S3 - T2 - D5 - I3
Skills: Ambidexterity, Two Weapon Fighting
Equipment: 2xfine scimitars, dagger
Inventory: Gold 30, Crowns 40, 1 Red ruby
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Wow! :P Nice pics, Mini, Nathra looks more attractive than Kayla! ;)
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

Meh, they're alright. No big deal ;).
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5
Equipment: Light Armor, Short Sword, Repeating Handbow (9/10), Helmet, Asur Short Sword, High elf Mage-prince pelt, Lion pelt cloak, Sword belt with gold buckle and sapphire, 10 gold

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2

WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

Great pics there MG! :)

Right, I appreciate people have been busy this week, so next Mod post will be up Saturday. Those who haven't given good reason for not posting can expect to incur an injury if they don't post by the next Mod post!
:twisted:

Mod, Group 38
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

NC, to be honest, I'm struggling to think of something to say in a post that isnt a bit repetitive as my previous post had me dealing with the spearman in one paragraph and then spending the rest of the post explaining what they did after they routed. As you post had us all still engaged with the spearmen but they were beginning to route, im wanting cade to continue along the line in my last post. Should I just repost the same or was that your subtle hint to make something else up entirely?
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2

WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

Hmm, well the difference is here that the High Elf archers are now noticing your unit and using more effort to shoot you. So you could try to push through the few remaining spearmen and/or target the archers?

And don't worry guys, I am sure by now you have realised that this battle is coming to an end soon. ;)

Mod, Group 38
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

Mod post up!

Assani, MG... I have posted that your characters know each other already. This is based on what Assani posted.

The rest of you guys will be thrown together soon. But don't worry about posting noticing each other, even though you don't know names yet.

Quick situation update on the High Elf troops:
- Ellyrian Reavers are all dead.
- Left flank of Chracians, about 250 left.
- High Elf spear and shields, all dead.
- High Elf archers, about 400 left.
- High Elf swordsmen (knights on foot), entering battle amidst the archers.
- Right flank of Chracians, about 300 left.
- Mage and eagle, smug and unhurt.

Mod, Group 38
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Well, Nightcall, another fantastic mod post by yourself ;)

How much do Nathra and Khitai know of each other? Because I would much prefer they did not know each other at all, that puts all of us at the same stage. Besides, our character will get to know each other fairly well over the coming months!

As of now I feel ready to re-enter the world, so I'll take control of Nathra again. I am going out today and won't be back until early morning, so will get my post up tomorrow after my weekly Sunday game of Warhammer :)
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

D'aw, thank you! Great to hear you're feeling more yourself, MG. ;) Well, can you and Assani work it out among yourselves, then let me know how you want to play it? I would have dealt with it as if Nathra and Khitai are unknown to each other, but Assani has posted that Khitai has worked with Nathra before, so I think it would be better if you could figure out how well they know each other, or if it is just a casual acquaintance.

Mod, Group 38
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Actually, I think you may be confusing 'Nathra' with 'Kayla'... Nathra and Khitai have never met 8)
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

So I am!! Sorry about that, and thanks for pointing it out. I've amended the Mod post to avoid further confusion.

Ignore me then, nobody knows each other... yet!
:roll:

Mod, Group 38
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

(suppose this is a better place to reply than editing my post) Ok, yeah I'm cool with that. Just wanted clarification! :)
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2

WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

Good good! I'm trying to give a sense of realism to the adventure by rolling for "peril" against any enemy you're all directly up against. The rolls (odds for safe, evens for danger/attacked/hit depending on what's going on) give an unbiased outcome.

I look at your stats and activity to help determine the outcome. So as dreadlord hadn't posted, he took a wound. As JC did post, it was a near miss.

I'm not using a health point system here as I don't particularly want to be killing people off, plus we don't have anyone with a healing skill in the group.

Next Mod post will be up on Saturday again, unless everyone gets to post before that day. Then I will make a Mod post before Saturday.

Ideally I want to keep momentum going and post twice a week. But I appreciate this is the start of school/college/uni term and people have a lot to do. Hence the more merciful deadlines. I'll be picking up the tempo again soon.

Mod, Group 38
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Nightcall wrote: I'll be picking up the tempo again soon.[/color]

Glad to hear it ;)

Now that I am back it would be nice to be able to post more than once a week. I've just started college but that shouldn't stop me posting at least once every day or couple of days... It would be nice if we had such a pace!
Mostlyharmless
Noble

Post by Mostlyharmless »

Sorry about not posting something earlier. I got moved around to a different area at work, and it's been taking time getting acclimated. Also, I figure there's not alot Heldrana can do at this point beyond flail about blindly until she recovers.
Heldrana Doomtide (Group 38 - Warrior)
WS:4 S:4 T:3 D:4 I:3
Equipment: Sea Dragon Cloak, Leather Armour, Buckler, Short Sword, Throwing Daggers (4), 1 flask of wine, tinderbox, 5 gold coins, Chracian Axe (2 handed weapon)
Skills: none
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

That's fine MH. Just be sure to make another post now her vision's coming back. We've already lost one player to the Chracians! :roll:

MG, good to hear you will have time.

Mod, Group 38
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

After this weekend, I shall be making 2 Mod posts a week. If you're too busy to make a nice fancy post, please just drop in and do a little summary of what your character does in response to the Mod post. A couple of lines is absolutely fine; I'd rather you did this than do nothing as it gives me something to work with. And I don't want to start having my players losing limbs... do I? *evil grin*

We have another character joining us, played by Smiler. I'll be writing his entrance in to the next post. Nathra, you'll be pleased to know we have another Shade joining us. Which will be useful. *cryptic eye wink* I am sure you'll all join me in bidding him welcome. :)

Name - Umbra
Sex - Male
Age - 83
Height - 5’10”
Weight - 125lb
Appearance - Umbra has the painfully slim, almost gaunt figure of someone who has spent a long time with barely enough to eat, though his frame is covered in wiry muscles that contain far more strength than they appear to. His face is lean and sharp, though hard, and his intelligent, slate blue eyes look out from slightly sunken sockets, all covered by lank brown hair that is usually unkempt and unwashed to the point where it appears black. Umbra wears the usual dark clothing of a city-born thief, topped off with a hooded cloak and his bow is roughly made out of cheap but sturdy wood and hastily painted black to help make the user harder to see in the dark.

Class - Shade
Stats - WS:5 S:3 T:2 D:5 I:3
Equipment - Shortbow, Shade Cloak, 3EP exchanged for 1SP
Skills - Unarmed combat, Urban lore

Background - Umbra was born and raised on the streets of Vikhar, into a caravan of about three dozen of the Vikhar’s poor and unfortunates which moved around the city, squatting where they could find shelter and moving on once they were discovered. Most of the caravan scraped by by stealing what they needed from the areas they happened to be in, while the old and the weak stooped to lower professions, Umbra learned the ways of the former when he was young by watching and following older and more experienced members of the caravan, who tolerated his presence as it would eventually mean more hands to help provide for the caravan. However Umbra struggled to match the level of stealth and skill required for such light fingered work and soon he was given up on, expected to carry his weight by begging for scraps and coppers. Umbra though made up for his lack of stealth with a comparative strength and fighting skill, so, refusing to stoop to such desperate measures, Umbra set about making other arrangements, through bribery, blackmail, and violence he gained the ‘loyalty’ of a group of younger thieves from the caravan, in actual fact he simply threatened them and took a cut of what they stole as protection, but it kept secure in the caravan and the only home he knew. For several more years Umbra lived with the caravan, taking just enough to ensure he was still welcome in the caravan from his victims and trading it for his share of the crumbs the caravan subsided on, not receiving any questions from other members, who were happy to accept anything that was offered. Eventually though one of his charges gathered up the courage to attempt to kill Umbra in his sleep, but a misplaced foot during his approach alerted Umbra to the boy’s presence and after a short fight he was caught and the boy was thrown out of the caravan, which was as good as a death sentence in the unforgiving druchii city. However the near-successful attack had encouraged the other victims of Umbra’s taxations and soon enough they banded together and drove Umbra out of the caravan. Armed only with his wits and the bow the caravan used to hunt when they camped near the edge of the city he had stolen during his escape Umbra found hisself in a much wider world than he was used to, having never seen much outside of life in the caravan besides a few noble’s houses he had watched being robbed. The people were much crueller out here, whereas the caravaners had at least accepted one another out of necessity, these druchii seemed to personally hate most everyone they passed in the street, most of all the fancily dressed men and women leading with as many retainers as the caravan had people. These people didn’t have to beg and steal for basic necessities, these people could take from whole districts not just handfuls of poor thieves, these people didn’t know what it was to need. For now though one thing was obvious, they paid their fighters well, and Umbra could fight.

Ambitions - He doesn’t quite know what he wants at the moment. Umbra has lived his life so far in the caravan and doesn’t know much about life outside of it besides basic druchii customs, so he wants to explore and discover. Also, seeing the power wielded by nobles, merchants and other assorted well-offs has shown Umbra he has much more to aspire to than bullying a group of thieves for their little money, leading to a new spurt of ambition.

OOC-wise the main focus for stat gain would be weapon skill and dexterity, and the skills hoped for are defensive fighting, acrobatics, free running, and the evasion tree; and later the stealth tree, thievery, forgery, disguise and the sniper tree.

Mod, Group 38
Smiler666
Highborn

Post by Smiler666 »

thanks for the welcome Nightcall and hello to you all.

Looking forward to playing with you all.
Opus vos liberaverit
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

Heya smiler! I'd read all of your previous group modding (as i thought i might've been invited so thought it good to get acquainted with the story) and am quite excited to see your posting in our group!
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2

WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4