Group 38 OOC

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Do you mean Clarke's bakery on Peddie Street? (Which I happen to live opposite of...)

Nightcall, if you want, need, or would like some additional information on Nathra to help with future mod-posts, just let me know and I shall happily provide ;)

Will say this, though, she would not sign up/sneak aboard a vessel to go to some 'silly war' just because 'some king' has a grievance against a particular race - that is Nathra's thinking by the way, not mine (don't want you getting the wrong impression 8) ).
Nathra Severain - Shade (Group 38)
WS:5 S:4 T:2 D:6 I: 3
Skills; Acrobatics; Basic Stealth; Free Running
Equipment: Longsword; Shurikens (6/10); Shade Cloak; Asur Arm & Leg Armour Plates; Misericorde; Gutting Knife
Inventory; Ornate Tiara; Sword Belt; Asuri Orb; 106 gold
Nightcall
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Nightcall »

Might be interesting to have a reason for her to be there, MG. :) Maybe she's on the run from someone back home? Or out to kill someone that is fighting in the Druchii host?

I really do hope you all use this RP or even OOC thread to fill in your characters, I love reading their backgrounds and thoughts when faced with a situation.
Casaythe Blackstorm - Warrior (Corsair) - Group 22
Skills: Awareness, Endurance
Equipment: Short Sword, Glaive, Medium Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Repeater Crossbow, clip of bolts [11/20], 405 gold, Talisman of Darkness, Tool Kit, 2 months' rations
Stats: WS4, S4, T5, D3, I4

Mod, Group 38
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

NC, before I post my response to your latest mod post I wanted to ask a few questions about how much liberty we have in our posts in terms of what occurs. I know we can't post things like automatically assuming actions of ours are successful and what not. What i mean is sort of smaller things in what is going on around you. For an example: An arrows flying in and striking down specific members my unit (which is kinda what I was thinking and hence why I am writing this post) and who the unit engages (seeing as I'm rank and file, it would in essence have me third party controlling the lordling). Just wanted to check because, unless directed in your modposts, I feel that the RP will be a lot more internal if that makes sense.

MG, the one and the same! Mac and cheese pie there = all time fav. Last night was carnage...
Cade Thanal (TN: Gaelus Stormscythe) (Group 38 warrior)
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5
Equipment: Light Armor, Short Sword, Repeating Handbow (9/10), Helmet, Asur Short Sword, High elf Mage-prince pelt, Lion pelt cloak, Sword belt with gold buckle and sapphire, 10 gold
Skills: Disguise

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2
Equipment: Glaive, medium armor, shield
Skills: Endurance

Taldein, the Draich'Arha (CC Thread)
WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Equipment: Draich (EP4), Helmet (EP1), Pendant
Skills: Power of Ulgu (1)
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

The food there is rather expensive and I only seem to ever eat it when I am incredibly drunk :D

Nightcall, well, if you like I can send you a cop of my 13 chapter fantasy epic in which Nathra is not one of the main characters (poorly written and badly structured, was my first ever attempt at writing a novel). Or I can send you the 2 and a half chapters of my fantasy epic in which Nathra is the main character - much better written and structured, but still needs a lot of work just on what I have written.

Might just be easier to read over G31 and G36 threads - lot's of Nathra stuff in them. She has some sort of reason, let's just say she's there on on unofficial business in an unofficial capacity ;)
Last edited by Minigrift on Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Equipment: Longsword; Shurikens (6/10); Shade Cloak; Asur Arm & Leg Armour Plates; Misericorde; Gutting Knife
Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Carathyle maveric »

Mini, you mean G32 instead of G30.

Carathyle Maveric:(Group 28 Warrior)
Ws:5 S:4 T:3 D:4 I:3
Equipment:
Enchanted* Obsidian Long sword, MC Light armour, Dark Steed(Sephirah), Shield, MC Longbow(89 arrows), 56 Circlets, Maibed Dagger, Asur Spear and Disguise.
Skills: Ride, Acrobatics
*Increased Strength, holds the soul of his father
Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

MiniGrift wrote:Might just be easier to read over G31 and G36 threads - lot's of Nathra stuff in them. She has some sort of reason, let's just say she's there on on unofficial business in an unofficial capacity ;)

XD She is left there because Coriath left her behind while he went back to Naggaroth with his niece and brother.

Equipment:
Enchanted* Obsidian Long sword, MC Light armour, Dark Steed(Sephirah), Shield, MC Longbow(89 arrows), 56 Circlets, Maibed Dagger, Asur Spear and Disguise.
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Actually, G31, have edited my post ;)

Which you have already quoted... And wasn't she glad to be rid of them :roll:
Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

Well, she liked the niece... and she sort of liked Coriath, but she didn't like Carathyle but who did after his "little visit" to Ulthuan in the previous invasion? XD

Equipment:
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

Well the sort of freedom I mean in this instance is that you post meeting the Asur in battle. Describe what's going on around you. Hack at a few of them, watch some of them die. I intend in the next Mod post to make things more affective towards your own characters. This situation at the moment gives me a good idea of their fighting style.

I'll take a look at that MG! :D
Equipment: Short Sword, Glaive, Medium Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Repeater Crossbow, clip of bolts [11/20], 405 gold, Talisman of Darkness, Tool Kit, 2 months' rations

Mod, Group 38
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

I think it's relatively cheap compared to the other late night places to go but yes, 24hr bakery/isty's etc are absolutely never to be visited unless you're stumbling back from union/underground/liquid/wherever. Then, they are the most glorious of places. I dont think I've ever had a hangover after having a scooby snack the night prior. Cure to all hangovers?
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5
Equipment: Light Armor, Short Sword, Repeating Handbow (9/10), Helmet, Asur Short Sword, High elf Mage-prince pelt, Lion pelt cloak, Sword belt with gold buckle and sapphire, 10 gold

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2

WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

CM: Well, I don't recall anyone liking Maveric throughout the entire RP, wasn't just Nathra that hated his guts :roll:

JC: Best hangover cure is more booze :D
Of course, avoiding said hangover with a 'heart attack on a roll' might be preferable!

NC: There is also all of my considerable contributions to www.rpgforumsonline.com involving Nathra, that was the site I used to teach on and Nathra was an occasional classroom assistant, as well as a participant in various roleplays ;)

Nathra would never fight in a regiment as it that would restrict her style far too much, space is required for all her jumpy-around-acrobatic-shenanigans.

If you would really like to have a read of some of my work, I would be honoured (and possibly embarassed :?) for you to have a looksee! Got a fair number of short stories written up as well (not Nathra related, though).
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

Would love to read your stuff, MG! I'll have a good ganders at it :)

All - we have another character joining us soon:

Name: Heldrana Doomtide
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 100 lbs soaking wet
Appearance: Her face is hard and determined, her skin is weathered, but still has a shred of the freshness of youth. Exposure to the elements is unkind. Her face is unblemished, aside from the stylized Shade tribal tattoos on the left side of her face, and the puckered arrow scar on the right cheek. She wears her midnight hair in a corsair's topknot, her hair streaked with red highlights. Under her sea dragon cloak, she wears close-fitting leathers, thigh-high boots, and a wicked blade on her hip. Her eyes are a deep blue like the sea in a hurricane.

Character Class: Warrior
Character Statistics: WS: 4, Str: 4, T: 3, Dex: 4, Int: 3
Starting Equipment: Sea Dragon Cloak, Leather Armour, Buckler, Short Sword, Throwing Daggers (4)
Starting Skills: none

Character Background: Heldrana Doomtide was born to a pair of corsairs on the Black Ark Fortress of Eternal Torture. Unfortunately, her mother died during childbirth, leaving her father as the sole parent. She was raised by a human slave aboard the ark, while her father went about his duties, seeing her very rarely. On those rare occasions, her father did take note that the girl took to the sea with a natural aptitude, jesting to his peers that his daughter could swim before she could walk.

As Heldrana grew, her father taught her the way of the corsair. He taught her ruthlessness and contempt for the lesser races, creatures little more than animals. He taught her the proper way to net a slave, the correct methods of torture. She did not always succeed, and her father was a harsh taskmaster, but with every failure, she would stand defiant, dust herself off and take to the task with renewed fervor. It was times like that when her father felt pride.

Unfortunately, this was not to last. Shortly after her thirtieth birthday, her father was slain during a raid on coastal temple city in Lustria, poisoned darts through his eyes. She took the news with stoicism. If her father was meant to live on, he would not have shown such weakness. She had other matters to attend to. Heldrana was training to be a raider herself, learning the way of the sword. She soon established herself as a competent swordswoman, wielding shortsword and buckler with both finesse and brutality. Her style was as unpredictable as shipboard combat, making quick, measured strikes with sword, turning blades and back-handing with buckler. Over the years, she developed a fearsome reputation, leaving many of her opponent writhing on the floor, alive . . . most of the time.

Her reputation caught the attention of the officers on board the Black Ark, and at a mere fifty years old, she was selected to go on raids. Those were the best years of her life. She was gaining wealth, a small semblance of influence. Other Druchii were paying attention to her career and saw potential. Of course, not all potential was good potential.

The son of a minor noble house within the Ark itself, one Driahal Wrathbane, began to take notice of her, began to take a liking to her. Try as he might, though, Heldrana would have none of him. He was of no interest to her. Little did she know that one does not scorn a Druchii noble. He used his own influence to cause her wealth to drain away, to shatter her reputation. She was disgraced, fleeing the Black Ark she had called home for Seventy years.

For the past twenty seven years, Heldrana has been drifting from ship to ship, crew to crew. While her name still bears the black marks she suffered at the hands of Driahal, her skills are well known on the docks of The Corsair City, her skills, and her burning hatred.

Character Ambitions: Heldrana is out for two things: money and making Driahal Wrathbane pay for what he did to her. To that end, she would need to work on her sword play, likely develop stealth skills, and beat the living crap out of anyone who stands in her way. She is a patient hunter. She will acquire the wealth, influence, and skills necessary to get close to Driahal and destroy him.

Mod, Group 38
Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

I'll be the first one to say; welcome to the club. 'ave fun here ^_^

Equipment:
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

aye, welcome! the more corsair-y action the better! looking forward to the next mod post, things are looking to get pretty good here soon.
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2

WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Welcome, Mostlyharmless ;)

Nightcall, how would you like to receive me work? Email? If you PM me about it I'll see what I can do 8)

By the way, Drainial left you a message in the Character Creation thread - it's right at the bottom. Just in case you haven't noticed it yourself :)
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

Thanks for alerting me to that, MG. ;) PM sent.

Mod, Group 38
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

And Heldrana's adventure begins!

Mod, Group 38
Mostlyharmless
Noble

Post by Mostlyharmless »

Alright, time to rock and/or roll.
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

you know your life's become quite pathetic when you're living in the library constantly hitting refresh on this page to see if anyone's posted. I hate 4th year....
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2

WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

Well if the others haven't posted by this time tomorrow, the next Mod post is coming up. ;) And if you're really bored, you can take a peek in the group 22 thread and laugh at a really messy drawing I did earlier today :lol:

Mod, Group 38
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

No bad like NC! Was that with crayon and watercolor? Do you do much art? I do a lot of oil painting but have never given fantasy type subjects a go.
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2

WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

Well it was only a quick sketch, took about half an hour. I drew it with black biro pen, then shaded it with pencils that turn to paint when you go over it with a wet brush. Let it dry, then touched it up with the same pencils. It's been a couple of years since I drew anything at all. Had a bit of a tantrum with the lack of clarity with it, hopefully I'll get better with practice. ;) I think it would be better if I tried to do it on a larger scale.

I did used to draw and paint a lot more, with acrylic paints or oil pastels mostly. You'll have to share pictures of your work. I really like seeing other people's creations. :)

Mod, Group 38
Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

Would you mind killing Irrileth off? I got too much on my hands at the moment to even think about being in 2 RPG's and I'm sorry, Group 28 is my main.

Equipment:
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

Sorry to hear that, Carathyle, but no problem. Been fun having you along. ;)

Mod, Group 38
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

Thats a shame, sorry you couldn't join us for the adventure Cara.

NC, are you planning on filling the spot or just leaving it be? If so, if there's a mage kicking about, that'd be a great shout.
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2

WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4