Group 38 OOC

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Nightcall
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Nightcall »

The way I see it, we have a vacancy. Hoping someone does roll a mage, or Khainite even. I'll keep my eyes peeled. ;)
Casaythe Blackstorm - Warrior (Corsair) - Group 22
Skills: Awareness, Endurance
Equipment: Short Sword, Glaive, Medium Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Repeater Crossbow, clip of bolts [11/20], 405 gold, Talisman of Darkness, Tool Kit, 2 months' rations
Stats: WS4, S4, T5, D3, I4

Mod, Group 38
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

'mon the mages!

Right, so I know i said i unloaded my clip but in your post you have me only firing two shots, only wanted to check what my clip is at then (if going by the modposts would be at 6/10?).
Cade Thanal (TN: Gaelus Stormscythe) (Group 38 warrior)
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5
Equipment: Light Armor, Short Sword, Repeating Handbow (9/10), Helmet, Asur Short Sword, High elf Mage-prince pelt, Lion pelt cloak, Sword belt with gold buckle and sapphire, 10 gold
Skills: Disguise

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2
Equipment: Glaive, medium armor, shield
Skills: Endurance

Taldein, the Draich'Arha (CC Thread)
WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Equipment: Draich (EP4), Helmet (EP1), Pendant
Skills: Power of Ulgu (1)
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

JC, I'd just rolled for the outcome of the two shots that you described firing at our foppish High Elf cousins, not the rest of the clip. I have no problem with you taking another clip off a slain Druchii if Cade has now run out. Sorry not to be clearer. I think I got lost in the huge post I made yesterday... ;)
Equipment: Short Sword, Glaive, Medium Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Repeater Crossbow, clip of bolts [11/20], 405 gold, Talisman of Darkness, Tool Kit, 2 months' rations

Mod, Group 38
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

Magic. What about when I rolled to my feet grasping for something to put in my other hand? Did that result in anything? If not, fair dos. Just wanna be accurate with my next post.
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5
Equipment: Light Armor, Short Sword, Repeating Handbow (9/10), Helmet, Asur Short Sword, High elf Mage-prince pelt, Lion pelt cloak, Sword belt with gold buckle and sapphire, 10 gold

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2

WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Mostlyharmless
Noble

Post by Mostlyharmless »

I hope my last post is suitably heroic. Looking forward to the outcome.
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Hi Nightcall :)

I did five or so actions in my latest post, is that too many or is it okay? In a fight/battle, I generally aim to do around 3-4 actions per post, but if I do overstep any boundaries then please let me know if it's too much.

I pictured it in my head and it made perfect sense (been watching a lot of Xena: Warrior Princess recently) but not sure if my words adequately describe Nathra's actions, lol

A bit about Nathra's style. You'll already have a good idea from our mutual experiences in G36. She uses her right hand for most of her sword-work, but fights two-handed if on the defensive, and tends to use her left hand to throw her shurikens and to help her with any acrobatic type shenanigans.

Had a question to ask earlier when I was at college and I made a special point of remembering it... It seems to have been forgotten :oops:
Nathra Severain - Shade (Group 38)
WS:5 S:4 T:2 D:6 I: 3
Skills; Acrobatics; Basic Stealth; Free Running
Equipment: Longsword; Shurikens (6/10); Shade Cloak; Asur Arm & Leg Armour Plates; Misericorde; Gutting Knife
Inventory; Ornate Tiara; Sword Belt; Asuri Orb; 106 gold
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

JC, I hadn't realised you wanted me to post a decision about finding an item. I'll edit something in, give me a sec.

MH, so far so good :D Can I just ask that you put your stats in your signature like the rest of us have in similar format for Heldrana? Thank ye!

Mod, Group 38
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

cool, ill put up my post soon as I know what's in my left hand (even if its nothing)
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2

WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

Well there you go, the dice have spoken (I write options down and attribute them to a number to tell me what you end up with in instances like this) ;)

Mod, Group 38
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Well, Nightcall, since you neglected to answer my question I'll assume my post was fine :roll:
Equipment: Longsword; Shurikens (6/10); Shade Cloak; Asur Arm & Leg Armour Plates; Misericorde; Gutting Knife
Mostlyharmless
Noble

Post by Mostlyharmless »

Alright, trying to see if the sig works, check one, check two

edit: VICTORY
Heldrana Doomtide (Group 38 - Warrior)
WS:4 S:4 T:3 D:4 I:3
Equipment: Sea Dragon Cloak, Leather Armour, Buckler, Short Sword, Throwing Daggers (4), 1 flask of wine, tinderbox, 5 gold coins, Chracian Axe (2 handed weapon)
Skills: none
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

MG, Aaaghhh! Sorry >.< Yes, it's fine at the moment, as it's a full on swirling battle. As the story changes though, things will be more specific. When this is the case I will post how an attack comes to you and give you the opportunity to respond. Dice rolls will give the outcome, i.e. miss/injured/kill, etc. JC likes to keep things more specific now however, so I am rolling to let him know how his attacks turn out and have used dice to find out what he picks up off the battlefield floor.

The post I made directly after yours that was missed... I started typing it before I went to work, had to rush out before it was finished, then pressed reply when I got back. So you posted in between those times. And I had to rush off again after replying so missed your post completely.

MH, Perfect!

All - I'm going to be as clear as possible now with finds and losses. If you loot, or use something, I'll post the result in the bottom of the Mod post. Please try to keep your sigs updated to match this. You will all get opportunities to loot things, but for now I will let you use your own judgement to pick up when you get a chance in a fair manner. If people go over the top (i.e. looting with each post!) I'll change it so that you may only loot when I say so in a Mod post. Sound fair?

Mod, Group 38
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

No worries, Nightcall, I know how busy you are :)

That's cool. Smiler uses the dice system in G34 and I much prefer that to the other methods, since it encourages good, well-written posts and is much more exciting when you know your characters every move isn't going to be successful every time (or decided on the whim of someone else). Obviously, we all try to stack the odds in our favour, but that's all part of the RP experience for me.

Nathra's whole fighting style revolves around her not getting hit, and since she was essentially 'stuck' in the main battle line with all the warriors and spearmen, that is not an ideal situation for her (she's a shade, not a warrior ;) ). I didn't really get the opportunity to make her escape so she could do her own thing, but I am happy to RP Nathra through any situation she finds herself in!

The looting system sounds fair... But Nathra is much too busy to even think about looting at the moment :roll:
Mostlyharmless
Noble

Post by Mostlyharmless »

It's a shame that it's a flask of wine and not a bottle. If it was a bottle, I could throw that at the Chracian too, hopefully get him square in the face. Then he'd really be mad at me.
Equipment: Sea Dragon Cloak, Leather Armour, Buckler, Short Sword, Throwing Daggers (4), 1 flask of wine, tinderbox, 5 gold coins, Chracian Axe (2 handed weapon)
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

MG, yep I see, she's got her hands full, eh! Without giving too much away, I am sure you have already guessed this RPG won't be large scale battle all the way through. ;)

MH, Pfft, poor guy's suffered enough with that blow to his crown jewels. :lol:

Mod, Group 38
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

What happened to the mage? I seem to have lost track of him.
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2

WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Oh, this is is just the prologue. That's how I see it, anyway 8)
Mostlyharmless
Noble

Post by Mostlyharmless »

I was thinking the same thing, J. I'm on top of it. I figure with the witches and cold ones getting the white lions, I can make a tactical withdrawal and find something to shoot that guy with, or at least taunt him enough to get him to try and swoop-attack me.
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

The mage and his eagle are out of sight at this current time. ;)

Mod, Group 38
Mostlyharmless
Noble

Post by Mostlyharmless »

Yup, figured, just want to be clear that I have not forgotten about him, and I'm wasting no time trying to find something to bring him down.
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

These Asurii are going down!
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2

WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

Also, I'm away this weekend for my mate's stag do. Don't let me hold up the story. If everyone is posting, feel free to continue. I sort of put a lot in my post o allow for open ended actions to occur should NC want to keep things rolling.
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2

WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Hi guys,

I have asked Nightcall for some time off as I won't be able to post for a while, hopefully just a week or two. Sort of going through an 'early onset mid-life crisis' at the moment, can't say any more than that!

But you guys better post good and keep the story going as I'll still be keeping an eye on your progress... Don't let the side down, hear? Those pesky Asur gotta get what's comin' to em' ;)

I'll see you guys soon,

MG
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

Have fun, JC... Whatever you do, don't fall asleep drunk anywhere near anyone with a marker pen and/or pair of hair clippers! :lol:

Cheers for posting, MG, I will be sure to keep her busy. ;)

ALL - CURRENCY!
Assani, I have changed your crowns to gold. In this group we will be using a metric currency as it's easier to work with. Please all look at the first post in this thread to see a guide. When you get the opportunity to "shop" you will either be given prices for goods, or I shall RP an NPC for you to haggle prices with.

*drumroll* And we have another player joining us! Please welcome Assani, who will be playing his Khainite, profile below. I will write him in to the next Mod post which is coming up either today or tomorrow (depending on how chaotic today is for me!)

Name: Khitai N'essad
Height: 6'7''
Weight: 152lbs
Class: Khainite

Description:
Khitai has light grey hair, almost white, just over shoulders length. His eyes are grey, and his skin seems to be a bit paler than an average Dark Elf.

Khitai was the youngest of the three brothers in the Shadizar family. Though the youngest one, Khitai was more skillful en every way with weapons than his brothers... and he was hated for it. On numerous occasions, his brothers beat him down, and threatened to kill him. His parents was no better, they also would lash out on him, beat him to unconsciousness. He was treated as a slave, After all, Khitai was not born a Shadizar, he was found left to die as a child, and was taken in by the family. Khitai could easily killed his family, all at the same time, but his teacher told him not to.

For many years this went on, hatered and rage grew within him. They only one who could tame his rage, was his teacher. All these years he had secretly practiced his weapons skills with his only friend Kenwe. Kenwe was an outlaw, constantly hiding. Kenwe knew what Khitai was. He was destent to be a great fighter, or even an assassin. Khitai could wield weapons equally god with his both hands. Kenwe thought him how to master this ability, and also how to control his temper and rage.

Kenwe knew something about Khitai, a secret. Hi promised to tell Khitai when, or even if he beat him in a duel. Could this be the day, the day of secrets, the day he beat Kenwe in a duel.

Swords and daggers thrusted up and down, high and low. Both mastering two weapons each, but none could get the upperhand. They danced around when a opening came forth. Kenwe took it, and thrusted his sword out against Khitais left side. It was a setup. Khitai smiled when Kenwe took the bait, and knew that this was his chance. He spun around to the right, and with his sword he took out Kenwes dagger out of his right hand. Khitai continued his move around, and they where back to back when Kenwe tried to block out Khitais last move. But it was too late. Khitai came around and flipped Kenwes left arm straight up, bringing his dagger under Kenwes left arm with a deadly thrust.

Khitai dropped his wooden weapons and stared at Kenwe. Kenwe smiled and nodded.

They sat down, and he told him the secret. Khitai was not left there to die as a child, but his real parents was ambushed and killed for gold and jewelry by thieves. He was a N'essad, a noble family indeed. He couldn't tell him any sooner, cause he was afraid that the rage and hatered would take him out to early for a revenge. The rage and hatered was not against the family Shadizar, but truly within him from birth. He had to be ready, and now he was.

Khitai stood up, eyes glared with vengeance. He started to run home, and Kenwe couldn't stop him to tell him one more secret, that he was his uncle....

Khitai came home and took his belongings and some food for the trip he did not know where led him. His brothers stopped him, trying to hold him back. His eyes glared, and the blood in his body way boiling. He took his sword out and cut both his brothers straight over the chest, they fell lifeless to the ground. His "father" seeing this, charged him with sword in hand. Khitai took one step to the side, spun around and took out his dagger in the same move, stabbing him the back of the neck, dropping him to the ground. His "mother" came around the corner and started screaming. Khitai took the dagger out and threw it straight at her. It hit her in the middle of the right eye, she fell lifeless. Khitai bent over to take the dagger out, feeling the rage, hatered and vengeance boiling in his body. He took the dagger slowly out, and that's when he knew he had become the Hunter......

Stats:
Weapon skill: 5
Strength: 3
Toughness: 2
Dexterity: 5
Intelligence: 3

Skills:
Ambidexterity

Equipment
Scimitars x 2, dagger, 20 gold
Last edited by Nightcall on Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mod, Group 38
Assani
Highborn

Post by Assani »

Hey folks! Tnx for letting me join since G34 has more or less shut down:(.

LF to playing here with you all!

NC, I have forgotten to update Khitai's weapons and gold. He has no swords now, cause he recently bought 2 very fine and smooth scimitars, and he has +20 gold. Is it ok to update my profile with? (don't care about the gold really, but my scimmis I would really like to have - Mini can confirm the trade)

See you soon!

Nice to see you here also Mini:)

Khitai - Khanite - Group 38
WS5 - S3 - T2 - D5 - I3
Skills: Ambidexterity, Two Weapon Fighting
Equipment: 2xfine scimitars, dagger
Inventory: Gold 30, Crowns 40, 1 Red ruby