Logo
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:50 pm



This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Group 39 (Closed) 
Author Message
... And Hell Followed
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:52 am
Posts: 1418
Location: Scotland
Post 
Just as Kulrik opened the door the lead guard told him to stand aside while he booted it open. It was dark and stormy outside but a nearby torch provided enough illumination for the guards to see inside the tavern, where the silhouette of one of the victims could be seen at the back. "Well, lad, weren't you complaining you get no fun? Get in there and show me what your made of."

The younger guard rushed past Kulrik into the deep dark of the tavern, while Kulrik, whom the lead guard coaxed out of the tavern, stepped out into the street. After briefly scrutinising Kulrik the guard's face flinched back with revulsion. "Khaine's bloody balls! You smell worse than a stale brewery holding a corsair orgy!" The lead guard took a step back and shook his head, as if to get rid of the stench emanating up his nostrils. "I gather by your attire that your not one of the locals. So, who are you and what are you doing here?"

If Kulrik were to look over his shoulder he would see the other guard quickly dispatching the plague victim, first beheading it then setting about to sever all it's limbs from it's body - he was clearly enjoying himself.

* * * * *

The barely-dressed sorceress listened to Valeth almost tentatively, watching him for any clue as to his real purpose. When he added in the last little remark she laughed. "Catch my death? My dear Valeth, I didn't know you cared! Besides, I am perfectly comfortable in my current, modest attire." She looked away, momentarily, but when she returned her gaze to Valeth, her eyes were lit with baleful intent.

"What makes you think that I am not the Drachau of this once fair city?" She shook her head a tiny fraction. "Ah. We have no time for such pleasantries, conversationally or... otherwise, mores the pity. There is a young acolyte who is far more pliable to my interference than you, his devotion is strong, but I fear, misplaced. Yours was ever lacking, was it not?"

Valeth was not best pleased by that last remark, much to the sorceresses amusement. "But I digress. This acolyte has yet to be blooded, yet to be tested. And now he's at that Temple searching for answers." She stood unmoving on the shadow-hand, her real hand held out in an identical fashion. She brought her right palm up and, sure enough, another shadow-hand formed by her side and closed into a fist - a fist a big as Valeth was tall.

"Now then, Valeth, return to the temple at once! If you won't go willingly because I have asked so nicely, then I will jolly well pick you up and throw you there myself... After I've given you a damned good spanking, of course!"

* * * * *

Ignat stepped back and dodged the ill-timed swipes of the zombie-claws, which were so close he could feel the putrid air waft into his face. He struck with his sword, effortlessly stabbing the pathetic creature through the neck. Another victim fell to his blade, but the mage wasted no time congratulating himself.

He moved to finish off the zombie that had fallen flat on it's face and swung his sword down at it's neck. By some amazing feat of undead-agility his target somehow managed to evade the blow and the short-sword clanged harmlessly off a cobble-stone that sent a slight jarring shock up Ignats sword-arm. The mage struck again, and again he missed as the zombie rolled away down the street.

Somewhat distracted by his ill-fortune another of the creatures painfully grabbed his arm. The pain jolted him into action and, instinctively, funnelled flames from his person into his enemies. The most immediate citizen who had sparked Ignats fury, burst into flames and fell by the wayside. The flames burned with such intensity that the next nearest zombies face caught fire, but it's momentum carried it forward and Ignat was in immediate danger of getting a flaming zombie to his face.

Some six feet away, the fallen zombie began to shuffle to it's feet. The fog was quickly dispersing, but Ignat well knew that he now had the upper hand... Or so he hoped.

* * * * *

The white-eyed stranger studied the youth opposite him, gauging him and considering his words. He made no move, not even a blink of an eye and he seemed not even to be breathing.

"Khaine cares not for his followers, only that the blood flows, it would seem that, in this, the two of you have something in common. You walk a path set before you, but it is of not of Khaine's will..."

"You are young, perhaps foolish, time will attest to that notion and, perhaps one day, should you survive the journey you will come to realise a truth. Do not believe everything you see in your dreams.

A portal seemed to gather from behind the masked stranger, it grew, and he stepped backwards as if to step within. But... He was not gone yet.


Kulrik is being questioned by the guard.

Valeth is being challenged by the sorceress.

Ignat has a flaming zombie hurtling towards him, and another one getting ti it's feet.

The stranger had some obscure advice for Taldein and is going to be teleported away... There is still time to speak to him.
((OOC: Please do ;) ))

_________________
Nathra Severain - Shade (Group 38)
WS:5 S:4 T:2 D:6 I: 3
Skills; Acrobatics; Basic Stealth; Free Running
Equipment: Longsword; Shurikens (6/10); Shade Cloak; Asur Arm & Leg Armour Plates; Misericorde; Gutting Knife
Inventory; Ornate Tiara; Sword Belt; Asuri Orb; 106 gold


Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:48 pm
Profile
Beastmaster

Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:39 pm
Posts: 360
Location: Dundee
Post 
Taldein saw the stranger move to leave. Several questions arouse in his head and he knew he wouldn't have the chance to ask all of them. Moving back around the hooded creature he motioned to stop him.

Wait, you say you know of my path. Explain. This place seems abandoned. Where am I to go next? It seems you have walked this road before. I am not completely foolish and will consider the wisdom of those who've walked the roads so far

Taldein will try to stop the elf and get some more information about what he is doing here

_________________
Cade Thanal (TN: Gaelus Stormscythe) (Group 38 warrior)
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5
Equipment: Light Armor, Short Sword, Repeating Handbow (9/10), Helmet, Asur Short Sword, High elf Mage-prince pelt, Lion pelt cloak, Sword belt with gold buckle and sapphire, 10 gold
Skills: Disguise

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2
Equipment: Glaive, medium armor, shield
Skills: Endurance

Taldein, the Draich'Arha (CC Thread)
WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Equipment: Draich (EP4), Helmet (EP1), Pendant
Skills: Power of Ulgu (1)


Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:59 pm
Profile
Highborn
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:30 am
Posts: 618
Location: The Colonies
Post 
Valeth listened politely as the sorceress answered his questions quite civilly, hands folded over the top of khaine, he wasn't quite sure if he liked this lass or not, "my faith is none of your concern, but since you ask so nicely my belief in the god of murder has not flagged since the day the cauldron spat me out, however I hold no loyalty to the growing minority who pretend to do his work while using the temple's wealth to partake the indulgences of nobility," Valeth realised moments after he finished his rant that he had been baited and smiled ruefully at the cunning sorceress, "well played girl, the interrogators at Har Ganeth could learn a thing or two from you, but wordplay aside, what exactly do you expect me to do with this boy acolyte, hmm? Mentor him? Babysit him? Follow him around till we arrive at some temple where I'll become a refreshing bath for some young bride? A little of all three perhaps?."

As the sorceress summoned a threatening appendage out of the darkness and dismissed Valeth the old elf simply raised an eyebrow and held his pose, "temper, temper lassy, if an old crone like me is so valuable you'd come personally to steer me toward your goals then I doubt you'd be so wasteful as to cause me any permanent harm. I've answered your questions, the polite thing would be to return the favour and we'll both part ways the better for it," well aware that egging on a sorceress wasn't the cleverest thing to do Valeth smiled confidently all the same, after all he'd been a thorn in bigger sides before and was here to tell the tale.

matching wits with the sorceress and rather enjoying it.

_________________
Opus vos liberaverit


Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:11 pm
Profile
Black Guard
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:33 pm
Posts: 255
Location: Holland
Post 
Not only did he have to chase a zombie rolling on the ground to try and kill it in the most disgracing manner (altough it would've looked quite comically to anyone else), Ignat also had to face the prospect of a flaming zombie charging straight for him. Now Ignat is unphased by most grueling and horifying phenomena, but one cannot blame him for not keeping his cool in this situation. He acted out of a more primal instinct, which luckily for him, wasn't scream like a little girl. Instead, he lashed out with his sword blindly, hoping to hit a vital area of the undead.

After the seventh strike or so, Ignat realised that the animated, burning dead wasn't that animated anymore, so he stopped his hacking. Unfortunately, the last of the zombies was now upon him. As the zombie attempted to gouge his eyeballs out, Ignat barely got his sword to slap away the arms. The zombie, being clumsy and all, stumbled leaving an opening of which Ignat gratefully took advantage. One decaptiation later the zombies were no more.

After dispatching the dead he turned to shadow thingy. Your undead playthings are dead, strange as that may sound. Now, if you wanted to ask me something, there are better ways to that than sicking a few zombies on me. So unless you need me for something or have more zombies for me to kill, I'll be on my way.

In a panic, Ignat will horribly overkill the burning zombie. After blocking an attack from the last zombie, he will kill that one and tell the shadow thingy to let him pass.

_________________
Name: Ignat (Group 39)
Class: Mage
Stats: WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Equipment: Staff, Short Sword, Robe.
Skills: Power of Aqshy(1), Defensive Fighting.
Inventory: Pendant


Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:56 pm
Profile
... And Hell Followed
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:52 am
Posts: 1418
Location: Scotland
Post 
The leather-clad Khainite stopped his retreat into the portal, which seemed to diminish at his change of mind. There was silence between the two for an interminable time before the albino-eyed elf spoke again. "Every Khainite, every mortal has a path to walk, some preordained, some fated to not live at all. I have walked my path which has led me to a great many revelations. Your path is for you and you alone to stumble through, others may guide you or hinder you, but ultimately, you cannot change your destiny."

He paused for a moment, leaving his words for Taldein to absorb some meaning from them. "Abandoned? No, simply left undisturbed of late. Khaine's will is, shall we say, lacking in this city." The strange elf seemed somewhat amused with that last statement. Gauging Taldein for some sort of reaction, he cocked his head curiously, as if eyeing up his next meal.

"For you, destiny awaits!" Without warning he burst into action, the two throwing daggers were flicked towards Taldeins face, his hands moved impossibly fast. Instinctively Taldein reeled to the side even as he felt the air from knives caress his face. The hooded assassin was upon him in an instant. Taldein clumsily drew his draich and prepared to defend himself, barely avoiding the lightning-swift attacks of the long-knives whirling in about him.

* * * * *

At the old Khainites burst of anger, the seductive sorceress eyed Valeth with great amusement. That humour did not last, as some way through his 'speech' she feigned an expression of intense boredom, scanning her nails while of one the shadowed-hands scratched idly at her athletic tummy. When Valeth was done with his diatribe, she looked up to face him again. "Temper? This from you who so recently lost yours? I pulled so lightly and you pushed so hard. My, Khainites are fun, or maybe it's because of your addling dotage?" She grinned her wicked grin, her eyes lit with mischief. "Permanent harm can always be fixed. And my questions were entirely rhetorical, since you need not convince me of your faith, only yourself."

"Do what you wish with him, I care not. Mistress, however, has plans for you and for him, and has sent me to ensure that both of you arrive on time. Hence why I am here troubling myself with concerns that I really have no interest in, but having met you, perhaps that can change?" Again that seductive laugh, as she looked at Valeth with her magical senses, which he could clearly feel the sensation of on his skin. "You do seem well preserved for your age..." The barely-dressed or well dressed lady, depending on your perspective, seemed to flinch as some invisible force poked her. Irritation flashed on her otherwise perfect face.

"For the sake of both our sanities, I suggest you continue on your way to the temple. If you wish to arrive with some dignity then you should go now, otherwise I'll have to take you there myself." All traces of humour or her usual flirty personality were gone, this time she was all business and Khaine himself may have blessed this woman with the murderous glare she shot at Valeth.

* * * * *

The shadowy figure of a face watched, amused, as Ignat chased one of his 'children' down the street, doing his level best to decapitate the writhing creature. The other zombie was upon him, all ablaze with the magic that Ignat himself had instilled on the poor creature. Stabbing wildly, the mage eventually succeeded in slaying the fell beast and it lurched to the ground with a splattering of dessicated flesh.

It seemed an age since the zombies unorthodox attack, but in actual fact, it was just a couple of minutes. Ignat turned to regard the father of these obscenities as it watched him curiously. His magically created fog had entirely dispersed by now.

The giant head shook a negative. "Just a test of your forbearance." Though, he wasn't sure, not exactly, the voice seemed familiar, perhaps a certain creepy sorceress had placed this shadowy projection into his path? "You may pass..." Raucous laughter emanated from the face as it dispersed into nothingness.

The rain began to pound anew as lightning forked through the storm-gathered sky.


Taldein has a fight on his hands and is purely on the defensive for the moment. He's going to have to think and act quickly to get out of this one, his assailant has unleashed a flurry of attacks that he was not prepared for...

Decision time for Valeth, dare he suffer the wrath of the sorceress?

Ignat has defeated the zombies and is allowed to continue his journey.

_________________
Nathra Severain - Shade (Group 38)
WS:5 S:4 T:2 D:6 I: 3
Skills; Acrobatics; Basic Stealth; Free Running
Equipment: Longsword; Shurikens (6/10); Shade Cloak; Asur Arm & Leg Armour Plates; Misericorde; Gutting Knife
Inventory; Ornate Tiara; Sword Belt; Asuri Orb; 106 gold


Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:25 pm
Profile
Beastmaster

Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:39 pm
Posts: 360
Location: Dundee
Post 
Taldein was immediately on the defensive from the sudden and unwarranted attack. He's mad, he though reflexively as he nearly deflected another attack from his assailant. His large weapon didn't allow him to go blow for blow with his attacker rapid attacks so he had to use his footwork learned on the drill yards to keep position. At best, he could hope his opponent would tire with such a flurry but given his magical potential demonstrated with his portal, he didn't trust that.

Luckily there was plenty of room for him and his draich, or this might be a very short fight indeed. His instinct and tutelage instructed him to keep his blocks and swings short so as not to be caught off balance or over committed. He had the reach and he had to make sure he used that and didnt let his opponent inside his guard. The elf seemed to act on senses outwith the normal. His opalescent eyes reinforced this notion. Taldein knew he had to act quickly.

He waited for the next flurry of blows and stepping to the side withi an arching downwards swipe he moved to direct his attacker's knives into the ground. He uttered a word of power snatching at the gloom in the temple. Tendrils erupted from the shadows in the cracks of the floorwork and snatched at all four of the hooded elf's limbs. He then shifted his weight and brought his draich back up along the angle of his attacker's arms towards his neck.

Taldein will direct his attacker's movement, cast a spell to ensnare his limbs and then move to the clean kill

_________________
Cade Thanal (TN: Gaelus Stormscythe) (Group 38 warrior)
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5
Equipment: Light Armor, Short Sword, Repeating Handbow (9/10), Helmet, Asur Short Sword, High elf Mage-prince pelt, Lion pelt cloak, Sword belt with gold buckle and sapphire, 10 gold
Skills: Disguise

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2
Equipment: Glaive, medium armor, shield
Skills: Endurance

Taldein, the Draich'Arha (CC Thread)
WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Equipment: Draich (EP4), Helmet (EP1), Pendant
Skills: Power of Ulgu (1)


Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:31 pm
Profile
Corsair

Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:37 pm
Posts: 89
Location: Amsterdam
Post 
Far in the Ironfrost Glacier a sudden thick mist approaches. Meneth started to search for a clear road in the mountains, suddenly he sees a dark figure approaching him. Meneth grabs his shield and puts his hand on his sword. The dark figure approaches closer and puts his hand out with a letter. Meneth accepts the letter and start to read it slowly. After taking a lot of time for the small letter Meneth tells the dark figure he accepts. Meneth looks at the figure and asks: Where are the horses for the transport? In a sudden flash a portal opened before Meneth's eyes. The portal starts to suck Meneth in it and after him the dark figure walks away with a soft laughter.

Not even ten seconds later Meneth falls on the ground with some ice of the Ironfrost Glacier around him in a dark warm place. It takes sometime before Meneth could look around to see where he is. Where the hell am I, what happened just now? Meneth starts to look around, searching for the dark figure. The figure cant be found in the area. Meneth starts to walk slowly, and he tries to find out where he is. Suddenly he hears a scream behind him and he turns around. He sees a strange figure pulling the head of a female Druchii. Meneth starts to run. After that massacre I caused last week I better be careful he though. Running around the corner he saw two heavily wounded guards fighting another one of those strange figures he just saw earlier. I should help those guards, if I save them they may answer me. Meneth draws his sword and lunges to the strange figure. Coming closer he could see what it was, a dead Druchii, missing an arm and walking with half a foot less. No time to think he bashes his shield to the undead figure trying to let it lose his balance. The undead barely moved by the failed bash of Meneth and claws the shield with his one arm, On of the two guards uses the opportunity to walk around the undead and stab his spear in it. The undead falls to the ground and turns to dust.

The guards looks at Meneth and one starts to open his mouth trying to speak: Th.. Th... The other starts to talk after the first was still to shaken to talk. Thank you stranger, if you weren’t here to distract that last undead we could have been killed. But why are you here? It is unsafe as you can see. Meneth starts to reply: Where am I? Before I knew I was from the Ironfrost Glacier suddenly here. The guard looks strangely at Meneth, The Ironfrost Glacier you say? That is far from Everain, and that is where we are. Meneth gets a small smile, finally starting to realize why he was sucked to this place. Sir guard, can you tell me where I can find the city hall? The guards start to laugh and point towards the big tall spire. You aren't from here for sure I can see that, well go to the spire and you will be there. The guards slowly limp away to a small building not far from them. Meneth starts to walk towards the spire, getting in a small maze of streets, hearing screams and fights all around him.

Before he knew two more undead creatures walked towards him. Meneth quickly starts to grab his sword and shield and tries to fight the two undead of him. The first fell quickly, a nice chop went trough his body. The second undead wasn't as easy. Meneth tried to slash it with his short sword but he missed, the undead tried to claw back, getting one of his claws stuck in the leather armor of Meneth. Meneth jumps backwards and with it he pulled the arm of the undead, the claw still stuck in his armor. Meneth started to slash with his sword at the zombie in bad and desperate attempts. After missing four more slashes he shield bashed the head of the undead. Realizing in what kind of situation he got himself in after accepting the letter, he tried to start walking more carefully towards the Spire.

After a few more turns the spire slowly became bigger and bigger. Almost there, if all those strange undead stay gone I will be there in just a few minutes. Almost, a small walk left. Don’t give in to the tiredness Meneth. After one more corner Meneth sees in the distance some fire flying around. He walks a bit closer and could see a person fighting of more of those damned undead. Making a strong grip around his sword he starts to walk towards the fight but after just a few steps the undead have been killed by the figure. That person could be a useful ally with all these undead, I should go to him. Meneth though while he walked slowly towards the figure. At every step he looks around just in case before another undead lunges out of a building to him. Why couldn't that strange guy give me a horse I would be at that spire a long time ago was his though while walking trough the long street.


After some fights, a long walk and many headaches of million questions Meneth walks towards the figure who butchered some undead with fire and steel, hoping to find in ally in this figure.


Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:29 pm
Profile
Black Guard
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:33 pm
Posts: 255
Location: Holland
Post 
Pfft, test?! Ignat thought grimly. The only sweat I broke was from the heat of my fire. At least I can move on. Unfortunately for Ignat, he noticed an armed stranger walking towards him, aware of his surroundings. His armour is different than that of the guards so he's probably a stranger. Better deal with him so he can't stab me in the back.

Relax! There are none around anymore! Ignat shouted out. Then he noticed the rest of his equipment. The warrior carries a shield, so at least he could protect Ignat if the cards were played right. When the warrior was closer Ignat spoke. Where are you headed, young one?

Ignat will engage in conversation with Meneth.

_________________
Name: Ignat (Group 39)
Class: Mage
Stats: WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Equipment: Staff, Short Sword, Robe.
Skills: Power of Aqshy(1), Defensive Fighting.
Inventory: Pendant


Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:54 am
Profile
Corsair

Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:37 pm
Posts: 89
Location: Amsterdam
Post 
Are you sure it is safe? Meneth lowers his weapon and shield a bit but stays careful looking around. Slowly walking towards the stranger and still on his guard he replies: Why do you want to know where I am heading? It is of no importance seeing this situation here. But I am going towards that huge spire over there. Meneth points to the big spire of the town hall. Do you know what is going on here? Closing the distance between him and the stranger. Are you a friend or foe?

_________________
Meneth Blackfire (Warrior) - Group 39
Skills: Riding
Equipment: Leather Armor, Short Sword, Buckler.
Stats: WS3 S4 T5 D4 I2


Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:08 pm
Profile
Black Guard
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:33 pm
Posts: 255
Location: Holland
Post 
Rather dimwitted this one. Safe? I can assure you it is never safe. But for now we can do whatever we want. Ignat spoke. As to why I want to know. Simple curiosity. You did not look like a guard, so I was wondering why you would be up and about in this crazy city. But we seem to share a destination. Ignat had to smile at the warriors last question. I am both and neither.

_________________
Name: Ignat (Group 39)
Class: Mage
Stats: WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Equipment: Staff, Short Sword, Robe.
Skills: Power of Aqshy(1), Defensive Fighting.
Inventory: Pendant


Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:27 pm
Profile
Corsair

Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:37 pm
Posts: 89
Location: Amsterdam
Post 
We can walk together towards the spire then, the more we are the safer. Meneth replied. He puts his sword almost back in the sheet till Ignat replied to his last question. What does he mean? Both and neither??? Meneth got a really confused look on his face, getting his sword back in striking position. What do you mean with both and neither? Are you here to attack me or not? I am willing to fight back if needed, even if you are not these strange things.

_________________
Meneth Blackfire (Warrior) - Group 39
Skills: Riding
Equipment: Leather Armor, Short Sword, Buckler.
Stats: WS3 S4 T5 D4 I2


Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:11 am
Profile
Black Guard
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:33 pm
Posts: 255
Location: Holland
Post 
It means exactly that. I am willing to fight back if needed, but I'm not interested in fighting you if it can be avoided. Also, while I do see the advantages of moving together, it does not mean I want to be your friend nor does it mean I don't want to be your friend. Now seeing your current track record with my previous statements, I will explain this as well. It means you haven't proven your worth as a friend to me yet. However, Ignat paused and gave a little smile. Here comes the bait. if you wish to follow me, then speak in a manner that will allow no confusion. Ignat turned to move towards the spire.

_________________
Name: Ignat (Group 39)
Class: Mage
Stats: WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Equipment: Staff, Short Sword, Robe.
Skills: Power of Aqshy(1), Defensive Fighting.
Inventory: Pendant


Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:46 pm
Profile
Corsair

Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:37 pm
Posts: 89
Location: Amsterdam
Post 
Talking in a way that causses no cunfusion you say? you are the one talking in riddles! Meneth replied and he puts his sword away. If we both need to go to the spire it is best to walk together seeing how full this place is with hostile creatures.

I do have a question, who are you? a smart man once told me its better to know your allies even if temporary. I got espiaccily curious since well i saw burning creatures around you. That looked like magic, but that is impossible. Meneth still looks a bit puzzled at the stranger.

_________________
Meneth Blackfire (Warrior) - Group 39
Skills: Riding
Equipment: Leather Armor, Short Sword, Buckler.
Stats: WS3 S4 T5 D4 I2


Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:22 pm
Profile
Highborn
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:30 am
Posts: 618
Location: The Colonies
Post 
His hands still resting on khaine, Valeth grinned at the sorceress' verbal riposte, "touché my dear, touché. However I do believe your understanding of permanency may be somewhat lacking. Ah, so I am to be the taxi service for this youngling because an aged husk like myself doesn't quite have the same impact as some hot-blooded acolyte," Valeth chuckled at the thought. "You've spent an awful long time pandering to this old elf's babbling for one with no concerns young lady, unless you are simply a particularly altruistic soul," Valeth added with a smile, "but I could stand here and puzzle the reasoning of those who I have seen for bare moments between them and I'd still be stood here in a weeks time. And I assume neither you nor the drachau would appreciate waiting for such things. To the temple then, good day miss, Khaine's blessing go with you."

With a parting nod Valeth turned away from the sorceress, swept khaine up from where it stood and headed back into the city, towards a monster, a temple and a boy that would each probably do their damnest to kill him before the night was out, bah, adventuring is not a game for the elderly.

To the temple then, see you soon Jc :)

_________________
Opus vos liberaverit


Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:24 am
Profile
... And Hell Followed
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:52 am
Posts: 1418
Location: Scotland
Post 
The white-eyed assassin whirled about Taldein in an impressive display of seamless swordsmanship. Taldein backed off, using his footwork to keep distance between him and his opponent; nevertheless, the hooded stranger never ceased his assault and continued to hound his wary adversary. His every attack was deliberately placed to test the young acolyte’s skills with his favoured weapon.

Only after a series of a two dozen strikes did the dagger-wielding elf give Taldein a moment of surcease. Premeditating his next move in a moment, the assassin closed in again. The young acolyte was clever enough not to let him get too close and, despite the fact he had numerous sets throwing knives, shurikens, machetes, misericords, a short sword, grenades and smoke bombs stashed about his person the albino stuck to using his dirk and dagger.

His feigned, clumsy dual-strike was dodged by Taldein and the assassin went down with the next swing, inviting the young acolyte to counter the attack. But the power he had sensed in the young Khainite manifested forth instead and wrapped around his ankles and wrists, locking him in place. He grinned as the next blow came. Ducking his head back he brought his dagger round and, looping the handle around the unwieldy draich, guided the weapon into the floor with a loud clang!

Reversing his dirk, he smashed it into Taldein’s helmet then, as he stepped over the trapped draich, kicked his student full force in his unarmoured chest to send him sprawling across the room. With a clatter as he tumbled into a shelf case decorated with pointy offerings to the blood god, Taldein landed heavily. The hooded stranger walked closer to him, studying him with his blank-eyed gaze.

“You disappoint me. No true son of Khaine would ever resort to magic.” Shaking his head, he continued. “Well, I suppose if you have the gift… Ah, but it is time.” Again, the portal appeared before the altar. “A lesson lived is a lesson learned, and you show some promise, though it will likely be some time before you're ready to face me for real!"

The leather-clad assassin backed of a few steps, keeping a close eye on Taldein as he went. "Seems you have a visitor." And then he chuckled humourlessly as the portal sucked him away in an instant.

* * * * *

The warrior and mage were having a somewhat confused conversation, and whoever was confused, was the other one? They greeted each other in the soaking street and gradually moved closer to one another as they tried to come to some sort of understanding.

The shouts of them both had, however, attracted the attention of a far more savage and cunning creature than the usual dregs of societal victims. It padded up silently through an alleyway and burst out into the street so quickly that neither of the conversationalists had time to react to it's presence.

A clawed hand battered Ignat to the side as if he were a small child, he flew several yards and skidded to a very wet halt, though dazed from his sudden sprawl he remained unhurt for the most part. The creature turned it's sightless eyes to the warrior and, screeching out a hiss of pure venom, charged towards him, the over-large claws of it's powerful hands left indentations in the granite road.

The monsters head seemed purely to exist of brains and teeth, with no 'eyes' to speak of. It's skin was red and blistered, almost as if it were burnt away completely, and the muscles rippled under it like a gross imitation of bubbling ooze. Rows of jagged spinal spikes extended down the length of it's spine and along the backs of its arms and legs. Whatever the hell it was, it was clearly no victim of the plague.

And Meneth seemed to be the sole purpose of it's attention for the immediate moment. Still six to eight feet from where the warrior stood, the creature jumped at him with all the speed of an extremely bloodthirsty jaguar.

* * * * *

Now that Valeth had decided to be sensible about doing as the seductive sorceress asked, she was all smiles and flirty good-humour again. "And I believe you lack understanding of something being fixed." Another winning smile. "Ah, but we two are both too old for such foolishness, yes?" As Valeth wandered up the street, the sorceress put her giant hands away and followed him at a leisurely distance.

"Taxi service? Whatever do you mean?" More rhetorical questions. "Mistress, I am mostly indulging her by doing as she asked of me. And, perhaps, myself with this oh so pleasant chat the two of us are partaking in. There are ways of..." But she never got to finish that sentence, because her magical portal taxi service called again and she was more than inclined to answer the call. "What now?" She asked the inoffending air with sigh of exasperation.

Valeth turned his head for a few moments to see the leather-clad, albino eyed assassin who had delivered him the letter arrive by portal. He landed with the grace of a majestic cat and inclined his head to the sorceress, then he looked at Valeth, and inclined his to the khainite as well.

"Well, my dearest Valeth, the temple is just a short distance up this very street." She waited with the assassin a few more moments as Valeth walked the stairs to the temples entrance. "You hear that, Knifey, I'm an altruistic soul, who knew? Such a nice boy that Valeth..."


Meneth has a fight on his hands. The creature is mid-jump towards him (it can easily leap the 8 foot in a single jump) so he might feel inclined to do something about his situation.

Ignat is dazed and confused but unhurt. He's around 12-16 foot away from his new best friend.

Taldein and Valeth will now meet and can have a nice cozy chat while the other two fight for their lives.



((OOC: Jc, Smiler, your input in the OOC thread from time to time would be appreciated. Right now there is a new member of G39 to welcome :P

Falco, I've put you into a fight sitation as I want to see how you handle it. Don't hesitate to ask if you've any questions and good luck :) ))

_________________
Nathra Severain - Shade (Group 38)
WS:5 S:4 T:2 D:6 I: 3
Skills; Acrobatics; Basic Stealth; Free Running
Equipment: Longsword; Shurikens (6/10); Shade Cloak; Asur Arm & Leg Armour Plates; Misericorde; Gutting Knife
Inventory; Ornate Tiara; Sword Belt; Asuri Orb; 106 gold


Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:26 pm
Profile
Corsair

Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:37 pm
Posts: 89
Location: Amsterdam
Post 
When the creature suddenly jumped and pushed the stranger away Meneth started to grab his shield and tried to get his sword. He would be to late for his sword since the creature came to him so Meneth tries to jump aside with his shield raised to defend himself.
All ok there sir? Let me distract him so you can run away. Meneth yelled at the stranger. When the creature lands his jump he scratched Meneth his sword arm. The shield deflected a part of the blow so it didn’t became to deep. Meneth took the time the creature needed for recovery to quickly grab his sword, stabbing in the eyeless mess while deflected some claw hits. Where is the eyes of this strange thing, how can it see where I want to stab? Meneth though when the creature evaded some blows of him.

Meneth tries to distract the creature to get Ignat save or get the help of Ignat. If Ignat won't help Meneth will try to tire the creature out while staying defensive.

_________________
Meneth Blackfire (Warrior) - Group 39
Skills: Riding
Equipment: Leather Armor, Short Sword, Buckler.
Stats: WS3 S4 T5 D4 I2


Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:28 pm
Profile
Beastmaster

Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:39 pm
Posts: 360
Location: Dundee
Post 
Taldein clumsily recovered himself after having been floored by the white eyed assassin. He moved to follow him, recovering his sword but found the portal close quickly behind him. He let slip a silent curse to himself, it hurt to have a death denied the bloody handed god. I'll be more mindful of such tricks next time, he thought to himself. He set in his mind that he would practice this move and outcome in his next training session.

He was brought about with the opening of the temple's doors. A hard crack echoed through the halls as a new visitor's staff struck the stone. Peering its direction Taldein sighted a frail acolyte. Perhaps a faithful returned? Perhaps not...

Who's there?, he called out to the figure.

Taldein will attempt to start conversation with Valeth

_________________
Cade Thanal (TN: Gaelus Stormscythe) (Group 38 warrior)
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5
Equipment: Light Armor, Short Sword, Repeating Handbow (9/10), Helmet, Asur Short Sword, High elf Mage-prince pelt, Lion pelt cloak, Sword belt with gold buckle and sapphire, 10 gold
Skills: Disguise

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2
Equipment: Glaive, medium armor, shield
Skills: Endurance

Taldein, the Draich'Arha (CC Thread)
WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Equipment: Draich (EP4), Helmet (EP1), Pendant
Skills: Power of Ulgu (1)


Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:28 pm
Profile
Black Guard
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:33 pm
Posts: 255
Location: Holland
Post 
Khaine's bloody balls. He actually managed to dodge the bullet. Ignat thought. All the more reason to make this work. Now how should I bai- Ignat's thoughts were violently interupted by a smack in the face, which sent him flying. It was a sore landing, but nothing out of the ordinary. Then he heard the comment of his companion. Run? Does he think he's some kind of hero or something?

Ignat saw the warrior on the defensive against a massive beast, that may be of demonic origin. He already asked some detailed questions about the fire, so that's out of the question for now. Only as a last resort then. With the decision made he drew his short sword and tried to sneak up on the beast. When he got close enough, he rammed the sword straight through the leg with all the intention of letting the sword reach the other side. As the creature roared, Ignat twisted the sword in the hopes of a revenge for the earlier blow.


Ignat will try to sneak up on the beast, ram his sword through it's leg and then twist it.

_________________
Name: Ignat (Group 39)
Class: Mage
Stats: WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Equipment: Staff, Short Sword, Robe.
Skills: Power of Aqshy(1), Defensive Fighting.
Inventory: Pendant


Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:55 pm
Profile
Highborn
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:30 am
Posts: 618
Location: The Colonies
Post 
Despite quite firmly attempting to dismiss him and claiming apathy Valeth was not surprised to hear the sorceress continue the conversation over his shoulder, though for now he was content to listen to the girl's move in their battle of tongues. When the sorceress broke off mid sentence to bark a question at seemingly empty air Valeth cast a glance over his shoulder in curiosity in time to see blank eyed thug who had delivered him to Everain emerge from one of his portals, I see his aim is sharper when it's hisself he's dropping on the other side. The assassin nodded to Valeth, who grudgingly returned the gesture, then the sorceress announced that the temple was just down the street and he took his cue to leave.

For a while Valeth thought the sorceress had pointed him the wrong way until he spotted the pitiful building huddled at the end of the street, it wasn't fit for a city even half this size. The interior was even less impressive, the walls that had obviously once, through clever design or simple diligence, ran with blood were now caked in the fluid's black residue, Valeth ran a hand along the wall and a sheaf of the stuff came away with him. Valeth tapped khaine on the floor in disgust and was drawn out of his revery by a voice calling from deeper in the temple. Valeth hissed back in a voice that was just loud enough to carry in the darkness, "were you scholared by a manticore boy? Dissolute as it may be this is still an edifice of the bloody handed god and you ought to show the proper deference. But of course you are a youngling and know no better than what the craven temple have taught." Valeth descended the steps into the temple proper and cast his eyes around the room before settling them on the boy he had been sent to collect, "as for who I am, suffice it to say I am a follower of our shared lord and that for the immediate future I am a friend."

Saying a friendly Valeth hello to Taldein.

_________________
Opus vos liberaverit


Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:21 am
Profile
Beastmaster

Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:39 pm
Posts: 360
Location: Dundee
Post 
Taldein listened as the stooped acolyte spoke. His graying spoke of recent exertion, clearly the city had not spared him its duress. It also told him that he might not be as frail as he might appear. Taldein took a moment to collect himself while the old elf's one good eye bored into him.

Yes, I apologize. These runnels should be flowing and I am equally disgusted at their state. I just had the most puzzling encounter with a cynical acolyte that seems to have lost his faith in the Lord of Murder

He slowly rested his draich back onto its place on his shoulder and cautiously approached the elder. I am Taldein the Draich'Arha of Ghrond. I have come guided by Khaine to begin my service to him. He redirected me here from my pilgrimage to Har Ganeth. Are you of this temple? Do you know what has become of it and this madness taking over the city?

Engaging in conversation

_________________
Cade Thanal (TN: Gaelus Stormscythe) (Group 38 warrior)
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5
Equipment: Light Armor, Short Sword, Repeating Handbow (9/10), Helmet, Asur Short Sword, High elf Mage-prince pelt, Lion pelt cloak, Sword belt with gold buckle and sapphire, 10 gold
Skills: Disguise

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2
Equipment: Glaive, medium armor, shield
Skills: Endurance

Taldein, the Draich'Arha (CC Thread)
WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Equipment: Draich (EP4), Helmet (EP1), Pendant
Skills: Power of Ulgu (1)


Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:53 pm
Profile
... And Hell Followed
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:52 am
Posts: 1418
Location: Scotland
Post 
The creature sprang the distance to the warrior in a heartbeat. Meneth darted to the side as the beast careened off his shield, the move pushed the warrior back but he remained firm. The beast slid to the group and, recovering quickly, set it's jagged teeth towards it's prey once more. Meneth took the time to quickly recover his sword as he defended himself against it's clawed swipes, when an opening arose he took the opportunity to stab at it's head and though he scored a direct hit, the creature shrugged the attack off.

Ignat took the time Meneth was fighting for his life to sneak up on the creature and stab at it's leg. Thrusting down with his short-sword the blade penetrated the beasts thick hide and opened the wound deeper as the blade twisted. Snarling in pain and fury, the creature lashed out at Ignat with it's other clawed foot, forcing him to pull his blade from it's leg and step back out of reach.

Other than becoming far more noticeably pissed off, the creature seemed not at all perturbed by the massive hole Ignat had put in it's leg and spun round on the spot to lunge at him.

Ignat has succeeded in getting the creatures attention and it's swiping at him with it's claws. Meneth is now behind the creature.

_________________
Nathra Severain - Shade (Group 38)
WS:5 S:4 T:2 D:6 I: 3
Skills; Acrobatics; Basic Stealth; Free Running
Equipment: Longsword; Shurikens (6/10); Shade Cloak; Asur Arm & Leg Armour Plates; Misericorde; Gutting Knife
Inventory; Ornate Tiara; Sword Belt; Asuri Orb; 106 gold


Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:02 pm
Profile
Corsair

Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:37 pm
Posts: 89
Location: Amsterdam
Post 
After dodging and surviving the attempts of the beast Meneth could suddenly relax, the beast turned around and focused the stranger. What is the stranger doing? I told him to run. Meneth took change of the opportunity to grab his sword in a different position ready to jump on the monster and stab it with all his force and the force of the jump into his back.
Careful mister, let me take him on, you better stay safe. I am trained to fight and survive.

Meneth tries to jump on the creature and put his sword as deep in his back if possible, if Meneth loses the sword he will go on defense with his shield.

_________________
Meneth Blackfire (Warrior) - Group 39
Skills: Riding
Equipment: Leather Armor, Short Sword, Buckler.
Stats: WS3 S4 T5 D4 I2


Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:44 pm
Profile
Highborn
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:30 am
Posts: 618
Location: The Colonies
Post 
Taking in the boy properly Valeth narrowed his eyes, there was something off about this one, the shadows seemed to gather around him in the dark and track his movements as he spoke. Even so the boy, Taldein, seemed harmless enough, "a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Taldein the Draich'Arha of Ghrond, it is rare indeed to find an acolyte from the coven's city, my name is Valeth."

Valeth wondered briefly if Taldein's acolyte had been the Valeth's assassin, there were too many coincidences cropping up already today, "you ought to be careful what you do under Khaine's guidance, boy, there are an awful lot willing to subvert His intentions to their own ends. Ah, but enough of such musings, do you mean am I of this temple or This Temple?" Valeth chuckled at the small wordplay, "either way the answer is no, I have only recently arrived in this city, however if people are to be believed there is plenty of Khaine's work to be done here."

chatting

_________________
Opus vos liberaverit


Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:41 pm
Profile
Beastmaster

Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:39 pm
Posts: 360
Location: Dundee
Post 
Taldein accepted the wizened acolyte's advice with a slow nod. Wise words, I'll remember them. I don't assume to know much at all of my purpose in Khaine's path, as I have only just come to the temple to begin my learning. Indeed, I would suspect there are few that take this path from the city so close to the wastes but I'm sure I'll learn why khaine has touched me with the same eyes you yourself carry as his mark in time. Taldein turned his head in thought and then once again brought it up to the old one's gaze, Perhaps you wouldn't mind if I learned from you about the path of Khaine for a while? It seems that for the moment, this temple's worshipers are derelict in their duty. Might I ask also, what has brought you to this plagued city?

He moved over to some of the runnels caked in dried, old gore. Slowly, he ran one of his hands over it. The gore flecked away like ash floating in a breeze by a campfire. He lifted his hand and inspected his fingers as he ground away the bits that had come away with it. Thinking aloud he addressed the wizened acolyte once again, And what do you think we should do about the state of this temple?

Chatty mcchat chat

_________________
Cade Thanal (TN: Gaelus Stormscythe) (Group 38 warrior)
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5
Equipment: Light Armor, Short Sword, Repeating Handbow (9/10), Helmet, Asur Short Sword, High elf Mage-prince pelt, Lion pelt cloak, Sword belt with gold buckle and sapphire, 10 gold
Skills: Disguise

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2
Equipment: Glaive, medium armor, shield
Skills: Endurance

Taldein, the Draich'Arha (CC Thread)
WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Equipment: Draich (EP4), Helmet (EP1), Pendant
Skills: Power of Ulgu (1)


Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:55 pm
Profile
Highborn
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:30 am
Posts: 618
Location: The Colonies
Post 
Valeth cocked an eyebrow at the boy's suggestion, "And what do I look like to you, some doting old man fit only to pass on wisdom to the younger generations? I suppose I do don't I. Well as you say, the local priests are a coin toss between derelict or dead, and of no use to us or to Khaine whatever state they are in." Valeth once again planted khaine and crossed his hands over it becoming serious, "As it stands it's all rather moot, voices with far more weight than either of ours have asked that you and I counsel with the drachau of this city. I'm sure there'll be plenty of time for path-learning along the way."

The boy moved off to the wall and ran a hand over the dried blood, crumbling the flakes between his fingers pensively, "and what do you think we should do about the state of this temple?" Valeth grinned at the question thought aloud, "temples are mortal inventions, places to make the logistics of mass worship easier. The blood god's real glory is out there, where every battleground and drop spilled is a testament to Him."

Saving altdolf from a snotling invasion with Nagash and the world's tallest dwarf... Nah, just chatting

_________________
Opus vos liberaverit


Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:23 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software