Group 40 OOC

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Re: Group 40 OOC

Post by Drainial »

There are no Skaven in the new world, not since Sotek. At least not till now. I have to say I am rather curious as to where that particular tidbit might go.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Cananatra wrote:He had toyed with the idea of healing some marauders if it looked like they would die without inflicting any injuries on his companions
:lol:
Enjoying! :D
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

You know what? I really hate writing fight scenes! But I persevered for your sakes!

Well, Marcho, that would be telling. There is definitely something 'human' going on with Andiril, hence the ears and the Bretonnian 'high-speech'.

Drainial, had you guys chosen to investigate the warpstone meteor (which was a clue that there were Skaven about) your curiosity would have been satisfied!

Next time you get a choice don't be boring and sit on the fence - you'll get prickly bums if you do !lol!
Nathra Severain - Shade (Group 38)
WS:5 S:4 T:2 D:6 I: 3
Skills; Acrobatics; Basic Stealth; Free Running
Equipment: Longsword; Shurikens (6/10); Shade Cloak; Asur Arm & Leg Armour Plates; Misericorde; Gutting Knife
Inventory; Ornate Tiara; Sword Belt; Asuri Orb; 106 gold
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

So i left it kind of open as to whom Taldein would support (assuming zarathi or se'alara) just for storytelling purposes. This bit is ofc only if his strike is successful and he is no longer engaged with the marauder.
Cade Thanal (TN: Gaelus Stormscythe) (Group 38 warrior)
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5
Equipment: Light Armor, Short Sword, Repeating Handbow (9/10), Helmet, Asur Short Sword, High elf Mage-prince pelt, Lion pelt cloak, Sword belt with gold buckle and sapphire, 10 gold
Skills: Disguise

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2
Equipment: Glaive, medium armor, shield
Skills: Endurance

Taldein, the Draich'Arha (CC Thread)
WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Equipment: Draich (EP4), Helmet (EP1), Pendant
Skills: Power of Ulgu (1)
Marchosias
Assassin

Post by Marchosias »

If we are still positioned according to the initial battle plan, it is Se'alara who is nearer to Taldein. But Khaela stands in his way.

Mini, I am starting to dislike fight scenes as well. They are quickly done, which is a plus, but I am somehow not able to give depth to them. Of course, if I am really desperate I could explain in a short retrospective scene how Zarathi learned each maneuver. :D
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Khaela stands way out at the front of the 'triangle' which means Se'alara would be the recipient of Taldein's aid, though I can see it being more likely that he'll move to intercept one or two of the marauders going after the women of the group.

But there are still 4 marauders unaccounted for... :twisted:

I enjoy a good fight almost as much as I love a good conversation, it's just writing fight scenes is a major pain - easy enough when you have one person to look after, I have 5-8 people to write fight scenes for! Just get a good picture of what's happening in your head then try and find the words to make it come to life, that is not always an easy thing to do.

That sounds tedious, Marcho, but would probably be an interesting read ;)
Equipment: Longsword; Shurikens (6/10); Shade Cloak; Asur Arm & Leg Armour Plates; Misericorde; Gutting Knife
Cananatra
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Cananatra »

Very christmas-y themed post there Calisson :lol:
Group 28- Name: Cananatra; Warrior; Follower of Slaanesh
WS:4 S:4 T:5 D:4 I:3
Equipment: MC Long sword, Throwing Axe, Dagger, Heavy Armour, Slaanesh Amulet, Dalvian Hunting Horn, Rations x 7, Null stone x 1, 525 Gold, Dark Steed, Blackpowder Pistol [18/18]
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Ride, Endurance
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

As I started to write, "Season's greetings" were the first words to come, along with the Xmas tree parallel.
You never know beforehand what inspiration you'll have...

Anyway, I have fun with the way Clavisson is turning out. Will try to keep up to that standard.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Guys,

I really hate to do this but I can no longer be the Moderator for Group 40. If someone else wishes to take over then feel free.

I'm really sorry to have to do this. On the plsu side, Cananatra has just started another group so some of you may get to participate in that.

Drainial, please strip me of my Mod-hood. Thank you.
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

I am sorry to hear this MG. Hope you are alright. All the best and wish you a very merry christmas/holidays!
Cade Thanal (TN: Gaelus Stormscythe) (Group 38 warrior)
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5
Equipment: Light Armor, Short Sword, Repeating Handbow (9/10), Helmet, Asur Short Sword, High elf Mage-prince pelt, Lion pelt cloak, Sword belt with gold buckle and sapphire, 10 gold
Skills: Disguise

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2
Equipment: Glaive, medium armor, shield
Skills: Endurance

Taldein, the Draich'Arha (CC Thread)
WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Equipment: Draich (EP4), Helmet (EP1), Pendant
Skills: Power of Ulgu (1)
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Too bad indeed.
Just when the group started to bound together. :(
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

I agree it is a shame but if that is your decision Mini then so be it.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Cananatra
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Cananatra »

Too bad, we where just getting interesting. Cya Mini.
Group 28- Name: Cananatra; Warrior; Follower of Slaanesh
WS:4 S:4 T:5 D:4 I:3
Equipment: MC Long sword, Throwing Axe, Dagger, Heavy Armour, Slaanesh Amulet, Dalvian Hunting Horn, Rations x 7, Null stone x 1, 525 Gold, Dark Steed, Blackpowder Pistol [18/18]
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Ride, Endurance
Marchosias
Assassin

Post by Marchosias »

Well, as others have said before, we can do nothing but respect your decision. I just hope you do not leave the group with bad feelings.

If you return to Everain in some way - write a story or something - please let us know. It is clear you thought this through very well and I am curious. *fanboy* :)
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

<still finding it hard to believe>
<wondering whether it was a test to see how fast we would answer?>
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Marchosias wrote:Well, as others have said before, we can do nothing but respect your decision. I just hope you do not leave the group with bad feelings.

If you return to Everain in some way - write a story or something - please let us know. It is clear you thought this through very well and I am curious. *fanboy* :)

Thank you, Marcho, I had indeed given the story a lot of thought. It is not this group I leave with bad feelings, but rather, D.net as a whole. I did have a lot of fun running the group with you guys, so thank you all for your participation.

Everain is a fictional city in my first attempt at a fantasy novel. Nathra (who is the Drachau) was the main character from that novel and a character with which I have RP'ed with on here. Khaela was another character I RP'ed with but she wasn't well received despite the fact I toned her down considerably, the latter half of the Prologue revolved around her story, if you are interested I can tell you of it. Modrane was also a character from my 'novel' and Kykysh, the mage I RP'ed with in G28 is her daughter (she also has a son which you guys would have met if we had continued).

Essentially, I no longer feel that D.net is a good place for my role-playing and am going back 'home' to the original site on which I used to teach. I had no idea I was causing severe tensions in G28, but rather than discuss the problems certain members of the group had - all of the group, as far as I could tell - with my participation with me, so we could resolve whatever issues they had, they instead unanimously decided to kick me out of the group. But... That's cool. Not going to kick up a big fuss about it, would rather just leave while I still have a modicum of dignity.

JC, you of all people know that while I often sound serious I very rarely am. It's a Scottish thing, so I am told. People just don't seem to 'get me' and always seem to take me seriously even when I am only fooling around. Syjahel, particularly, was overly-paranoid about everything I did, both OOC and IC.

So, my... fellow people I have role-played with, it is time for this G to leave and find somewhere else to be misunderstood!

All the best with your future endeavours and thank you for your participation in Group 40!

Peace, brothers!

Mini_Grift

PS: This will be my last post here on D.net for some time - if you wish to speak with me feel free to PM me!