Group 40 OOC

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Re: Group 40 OOC

Post by Drainial »

Not girly as such just inexperienced. Think Kendra in buffy, will tackle a pack of vampires without a second thought but reduced to a mass of indecision while standing next to a boy.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

I never did watch Buffy much, but I know what you mean. Kykysh has similar tendencies.

Hope no one was expecting a Mod post?

I'm going to give Gsharm and Jc another couple of days to post, so I'll try to get the next major Mod post done by Saturday morning/afternoon. If you guys don't post soon, however, then I may have to God-mod them a long a bit so your characters can keep pace with the story. Don't worry, they won't be sprouting extra limbs or anything ;)
Nathra Severain - Shade (Group 38)
WS:5 S:4 T:2 D:6 I: 3
Skills; Acrobatics; Basic Stealth; Free Running
Equipment: Longsword; Shurikens (6/10); Shade Cloak; Asur Arm & Leg Armour Plates; Misericorde; Gutting Knife
Inventory; Ornate Tiara; Sword Belt; Asuri Orb; 106 gold
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Mod post is done!
Equipment: Longsword; Shurikens (6/10); Shade Cloak; Asur Arm & Leg Armour Plates; Misericorde; Gutting Knife
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Next mod post will be up Friday evening. Just giving you a heads up so you can et posts posted!
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

That's the next mod post up!

I've PM'ed gsharm as I'm worried that he hasn't been on for a while. Just hope he's okay!

Aside from that... how is everyone?

If you've queries about the RP I'll happily listen! Conversation here has been sparse...

And, Calisson, lets just assume that I always spell Drachau correctly, even when I do not :D
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Ooc banter tends to come in bursts in my experiance and we will have more to talk about as the story moves on. Besides things differ from group to group, 28 has an ooc thread larger than the game thread, 22 was like four pages. Things vary.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Gentleman of Moderation
Cananatra
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Cananatra »

Mini, how much powder is in the bag, measured in say pistol charges?
Group 28- Name: Cananatra; Warrior; Follower of Slaanesh
WS:4 S:4 T:5 D:4 I:3
Equipment: MC Long sword, Throwing Axe, Dagger, Heavy Armour, Slaanesh Amulet, Dalvian Hunting Horn, Rations x 7, Null stone x 1, 525 Gold, Dark Steed, Blackpowder Pistol [18/18]
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Ride, Endurance
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

I have noticed that myself, Drainial, but I still get the feeling that I am talking to myself - especially when I have 4+ posts in a row and no one else has replied!

Cananatra, you can either use it like a grenade, in which case Valin will need to find a means to light it. Or it can be used as an ingredient, if you use it this way the Mod die says you get four uses out of it.
Cananatra

Post by Cananatra »

I know what I could use it for, I'm just curious how much of it I actually have so I can make informed decisions about using it. For example, pouring some into a keyhole to blow open a lock would use a comparatively small amount, likely less than a pistol charge while trying to blow through say, a blocking timber would require a lot more. That's why I want to know how much of it I have.

Four uses, while grand for a poison (of which a lethal dose is fixed) is a bit ambiguous for an explosive powder. So grams, grains, charges, bag size; some sort of definitive volume please.

This normally wouldn't be an issue, but being a life mage/alchemist I need to get creative with my materials to be any use.
Equipment: MC Long sword, Throwing Axe, Dagger, Heavy Armour, Slaanesh Amulet, Dalvian Hunting Horn, Rations x 7, Null stone x 1, 525 Gold, Dark Steed, Blackpowder Pistol [18/18]
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

I have to say Cana I have never known an elf be quite so keen on explosives across multiple characters.

Mini, I know what you mean about feeling alone but trust me, everything you say is being read and taken into account even if people don't respond directly.

Gentleman of Moderation
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Clavisson is keen on explosives, too! Something more in common with Valin. Although for Clavisson, this is only a way to conceal his use of Light Lore.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Cananatra

Post by Cananatra »

Well Drainial, Cananatra just uses whats effective regardless of where it comes from.

Valin likes complex things, preferably ones that he can use in a fight.
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Cananatra, one use as a grenade or four uses for anything else you've mentioned - be it using some for blowing open a lock, or for brewing a potion or poison. Essentially, you have four charges to get creative with. It's just a small pouch though the powder is quite potent.

Definitive volume... erm, four charges? A small pouch? Four grams? Enough for a strong coffee...
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

<wondering where all other GR40 RPers have gone>
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Cananatra

Post by Cananatra »

Just posted Calisson.

I've meant to ask, your name have anything to do with Midkemia?
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

A lack of time at lunchtimes for my part, which is typically when I do them. I will get one up sometime tomorrow though, one way or another.

Gentleman of Moderation
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Cananatra wrote:I've meant to ask, your name have anything to do with Midkemia?
No. I made it up.
I wanted something close to Calisson, in order to help linking D.net avatar and GR40 character.
Clavis = key, prison in latin, so Clavisson seemed adequate for the Son of the Jail.
Cananatra

Post by Cananatra »

I had actually meant your main name, Calisson. I take that as a no too though, otherwise you'd probably have picked up on that.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

I took the name Calisson when I first joined this website, which is the first website I ever joined. It is the name I had used for my Druchii general.
All Frenchmen know that a calisson is a delicious sweet from Aix-en-Provence, southern France.
Here, the meaning is Son of Cali, Cali being the name in Ind of Hekarti, revered by my corsair army that settled there some time in the past.
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Good to finally see some conversation from you guys ;)

We got some interesting IC conversations going on as well!

I'm going to start work on the next Mod post but I'm not going to be posting it until Jc gets his post up - JC, I'm going to edit the latest one for Taldein so you can move him further through the story in a manner befitting his character.

Gsharm hasn't logged on for 3 weeks now and I don't know if he is returning... Hopefully, he will! I may God-mode Grith along in the story, but if Gsharm doesn't return then I may have to start considering killing off his character for good.

Anyway, you've all done a top job so far :)
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

Sorry for the delay in posting, degree qualifying finals are tomorrow and im absolutely bricking it. The exams last until Friday and then I'm away to Australia for two months for placement. I will have internet there but I dont expect to be able to check anything until about tuesday. I'll post again if there are any further issues!
Cade Thanal (TN: Gaelus Stormscythe) (Group 38 warrior)
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5
Equipment: Light Armor, Short Sword, Repeating Handbow (9/10), Helmet, Asur Short Sword, High elf Mage-prince pelt, Lion pelt cloak, Sword belt with gold buckle and sapphire, 10 gold
Skills: Disguise

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2
Equipment: Glaive, medium armor, shield
Skills: Endurance

Taldein, the Draich'Arha (CC Thread)
WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Equipment: Draich (EP4), Helmet (EP1), Pendant
Skills: Power of Ulgu (1)
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

No worries, dude!

Best of luck (not that you'll need it!) with the exams ;)
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Alrighty chaperonee's!

Just back from games night and I'm exhausted! I'mm also be away for the weekend, back Sunday but I have a b-day party to go to then, so I'll again be exhausted whence I finally do return home.

Next mod post should be on Monday or Tuesday.

I'll also be searching for a replacement for Gsharm, since it is increasingly unlikely that he is going to return!
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Damn that real life business! We want death! :D

It is a shame about Gsharm, after all it was his arrival that started the ball rolling for this group to be created in the first place but these things happen. It's why it is good to have a blend of old faces and new blood.

Gentleman of Moderation
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Death comes for all of us eventually! Just be patient :roll:

Aye, it is a shame. His few posts were fantastic and Grith would have been a great addition to the group - when they do start adventuring together, of course. But let us not lament the things that cannot be!

A replacement has been found, and I'm sure he'll come and introduce himself when he is ready. I'll be introducing the new character in the next Mod post. Might be today but it'll more likely be tomorrow.