Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

SAU 20 - gauging interest for a bloody man-hunt

Post by Calisson »

Hi, you all fans of quick & bloody RPG!

If I made a new SAU, who would be interested?

The theme would be as follows:
You've enlisted for a coming war on Ulthuan. At present, you're all in Boot Camp.
Before you could join Malekith's invasion force, instructors have received orders to get rid of Vauvalkas reported in your group.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Nelmeer
Slave (off the Altar)

Re: SAU 20 - gauging interest

Post by Nelmeer »

Provided that enough people join, count me in. :D
Tarbo
Morathi's Best Friend
Morathi's Best Friend

Re: SAU 20 - gauging interest for a bloody man-hunt

Post by Tarbo »

Oooh, murder, death, intrigue and deceit? Yes, please!
Deroth
Assassin

Post by Deroth »

I would certainly be keen for more :)
If I had a knife I would shoot you
Knight_Amarylis
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Knight_Amarylis »

Sounds like fun, though I'm new to the site. What does SAU mean?
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Slaaneshi amongst us.
Read the stickied in the quick RPG games forum.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Knight_Amarylis
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Knight_Amarylis »

Definitely up for it!

The MEN system is new to me, but seems like a cool idea to keep the pace of the game. And besides...

Tarbo wrote:Oooh, murder, death, intrigue and deceit? Yes, please!
Malochai
Slave on the Altar

Post by Malochai »

I'd be up for this :D
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

If that may help more people to join, here is what the rules would be:

VAU (Vauvalkas amongst us).

VAU is a new variant of a SAU. But what is an SAU in the first place?

Tarbo wrote:For the new players, here are basic rules:

Phases:

There are two phases in a game: Day and Night. At Day, the council convenes and deliberates on what to do, and possibly who to vote off to execution. At Night, the “bad guys” use their abilities to the detriment of the council (usually killing someone).

When the Day ends, Night falls, and when the Night ends, Day clears again. Typically, such a phase is between 48 and 96 hours. Deadlines are typically set at the start of a phase.

Voting:

During the Day, everyone can vote for whomever they want (although only one at the same time). If you change your mind and vote someone else, you don't need to unvote; an implicit retraction is understood.

When anyone reaches a majority (50% + 1) of votes against him or her, that person is removed from the game, and the identity revealed. The Day ends immediately.

Votes are put in boldcase letters. If you want to vote for Drainial, you write Vote: Drainial. The boldcase and format are for me to count votes easily.

If you really, really want to make me happy, put or repeat your vote at the end of your post, on a new line.

Win conditions:

The Council wins when all Adversaries are defeated.

The Adversaries win when they gain 50% foothold in the Council.

Other rules:
    You may not:
  • Remain silent during the Day.
  • Contact other players except where explicitly noted.
  • Reveal OOC / meta-information.
  • Post more than once at Night.
  • Edit your posts. Never.
    You should always:
  • Post at least once during the Day. Preferably more, 1 is the absolute minimum.

Now, here are the VAU special rules.

You form a unit, with full command:
- The all-important lordling.
- The musician.
- The pennant bearer.
Two Vauvalkas are hiding among you. They want to remove enough members of the group so as to become a majority and fear no longer about their lives.
All other members of the group have no specific talent.

The unit is tasked to sort out by yourself who you are.

The lordling is designated on first day by simple majority vote (no need for 50%, just one more vote than anyone else).
Once appointed, he will remain on duty until death, or until he is challenged by another would-be lordling.
Any challenger may ask for a leadership vote at any time. The one with lowest vote count is removed from the group. This causes immediately the end of the Day.
If the lordling is killed during the night, the Day begins with a vote for a new lordling.

At the end of the day, assuming nobody else has been removed, either by challenge of for inactivity, the lordling nominates who must be removed from the group as potential Vauvalka: that person must be the one with a true majority (50%+1) of votes against him. If no majority avails, then the lordling may decide for whoever he wishes, or he could decide that nobody will be removed that day.

The lordling has to designate openly different duties for the night:
- Who stands the first night watch (1 person, not the musician);
- Who stands the last night watch (1 person, not the musician nor the first watchstander).
- Who has cooking & musician duties (if he is killed during the night, the instrument awakes immediately everyone and the vauvalka leader will be caught – the musician cannot be the lordling and cannot stand watch).
The last designation made by the lordling (by PM) is secret: who keeps the unit’s pennant, which is known to confer strong magic resistance. That person will be known openly only at beginning of next Day. He could stand watch, but cannot be the lordling or the musician. The pennant is too dark to be seen at night.

The Vauvalkas: There are two illegal magic-users amongst you (even females are suspect, they should not enlist as warriors if they are gifted with magic). They are allowed to PM to each other at night.
Their goal is to become a majority (50% or more) of the group.
In order to help achieve that, they may try to kill someone at night. The leader will PM me who is the target – along with a nice and fluffy description about how they achieve that with magic.
They can kill someone standing watch. The death will be discovered at the end of the watch.
They can kill someone while one of them is standing either first or last watch. The death will be discovered when next day begins.
They cannot target the musician, that would be suicidal.
If they happen to target the pennant bearer, they will discover the next Day that the target has survived.
If they fail to designate who will die that night, the leader is removed as casualty himself for inactivity.

As you see, besides the two Vauvalkas, the key role is the lordling. However, he is also a very likely victim.
Hence, I expect that fun role to rotate more frequently than the designated lordling would wish… which would share the fun, one way or another.