Some challenge their fate:
Searinox the daredevil
Analya the impulsive
Ladry the pyro(wo)man

Some make fun of their fate:
Dolan with his thick sense of humour
Paithan and his black humour
Caraoc the merry and poetic singer

All together, the group has great potential.
Laugh and stunts! What's not to like?

If we can sustain that, and if it pleases our allmighty mod, I'd love to see the title of Group 41 thread changed to reflect that: Group 41 - Laugh and stunts!
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Thraundil
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: Group 41 - OOC

Post by Thraundil »

Oi! I dont challenge fate. I channel the winds of magic in a very controlled fashion! :)
Name: Ladry (female)
Class: Mage (Pyromancer)
Equipment: Staff, longsword, dagger, 20 gold, insignia ring.
Skills: Power of Aqshy (2), defensive figthing
WS4, S2, T3, D4, I6.
Searinox Nagharha
Aspiring Brush Master

Post by Searinox Nagharha »

Ow god ive been branded as a daredevil :shock: hope that wont get ne killed in the future :lol:
PLOG - The House of Corvus

Group 41- Name: Searinox Nagharha - Shade
WS:5 S:3 T:3 D:4 I:4
Equipment: Long sword; Falchion (family heirloom), Very Good Sabre, Short sword, Dagger, Throwing Dagger (4) SeaDragon Cloak, Chain
Inventory: 30 gold (214 still to be paid), Silver Bracelet, several flagons: 1x Strength potion, 3x Courage potion, 3x Healing Potion.
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Acrobatics, Basic Stealth
Marchosias
Assassin

Post by Marchosias »

I am afraid the life expectancy of Searinox is still geological compared to Analya. :D Anyone wants to place a bet how long it will take before she gets dragged under the keel as a punishment? :D

But Calisson made me think. There are surely ways Analya can add to the overall comedy. The only question is how much over the top can I be. :)

EDIT: I am thinking about how is our group portraying the druchii society. I mean, the nobleborns are recklessly and overconfidently throwing everyone in unnecessary risks for selfish goals while the others have only humour to ease their bad deal? We might have a perfect sociological study here.
Searinox Nagharha
Aspiring Brush Master

Haha i never tought about that xD thats actually quite funny on its own :P

I'm just wondering what the dear Captain thinks of his new crewmembers xD

Equipment: Long sword; Falchion (family heirloom), Very Good Sabre, Short sword, Dagger, Throwing Dagger (4) SeaDragon Cloak, Chain
Inventory: 30 gold (214 still to be paid), Silver Bracelet, several flagons: 1x Strength potion, 3x Courage potion, 3x Healing Potion.
Cananatra
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Cananatra »

Just a note on how I do the magic for our mages.
The power of the spell and the area upon which the spell acts both increase the difficulty of casting as does multiple targets. These modify dice rolls. Any helpful environmental add bonus's to the rolls while environmental hindrances obviously hinder (cant cast a fireball underwater for example while it would be easy to cast one inside a burning building). How much above the roll of the dice indicates how much extra power funnels into the spell. Get way above it and you get a lot more power (that lightening bolt and the first fireball). Get under it and the spell will be weaker or fail outright. The more spells you cast the harder it becomes to cast as you become mentally fatigued. Small spells have little impact, big spells have big impact. This is to try and balance mages in long fights. They have to husband their strength a bit or risk running out.

For the close in fighting its fairly similar being controlled by modified dice. Lucky rolls can let you do insane things and insane things need lucky rolls, while really unlucky rolls can put a captains sword through your shoulder.

Now obviously I do intercede a tad and stop really bad dice from outright killing you in a silly fashion because that would be no fun.

Anyway, as for now, go loot the ship and specify what you are looking for if you hope to find something otherwise you will just get gold and more gold as the goods sell. And no, you will not find a ruinfang on the merchant ship.
Group 28- Name: Cananatra; Warrior; Follower of Slaanesh
WS:4 S:4 T:5 D:4 I:3
Equipment: MC Long sword, Throwing Axe, Dagger, Heavy Armour, Slaanesh Amulet, Dalvian Hunting Horn, Rations x 7, Null stone x 1, 525 Gold, Dark Steed, Blackpowder Pistol [18/18]
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Ride, Endurance
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Thanks for the explanations for magic, I was wondering.
Actually I thought that a little rain was not much to ask, but in light with your explanation, I understand that the issue was the surface to be soaked.
I fully support that way.
For Caraoc, I would be eager to add a little twist, which is roleplaying his association between magic and singing. The way the chosen song supports the claimed effect could be taken into account.

Would you care to elaborate about how you handle lower levels of magic? Not everyone has power of XX (2).

Also, how extended would be each magic Lore?
I always considered that Heavens magic would involve all kind weather manipulations including comets, but also predictions (reading astrology or also reading the bird's flight). This is consistent with GW rulebook as well (confirmed by Storm of Magic).
By extension, I would consider all manipulation of the element "air", i.e. gas of all sorts, up to summoning an elemental of air, to be part of this branch of magic.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Thraundil
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Thraundil »

Cheers for the explanation on magic indeed :) I assumed that was how you worked it out, but nice to know for sure.

I also take the same assumption as Calisson with respects to my fiery element, but of course seek inspiration in the actual warhammer Lore. For example, a simple fireball should be what I consider an "easy" cast (dont take this the wrong way) whereas an extended fireball, or a firestorm, or conjuring a roaring firedragon out of thin air, is exponentially more difficult :p
WS4, S2, T3, D4, I6.
Cananatra

Post by Cananatra »

The rain itself wasn't much to ask. Normally Caraoc would have pulled that off fairly easily, even to such a scale. The problem came with your first spell being enough wind to have a noticeable effect on a few hundred tons of ship and also propelling the boarders over. Then the lightening bolt strong enough to blast through a hefty chunk of wood. In total it meant that for Caraoc to cast another fairly powerful spell he needed a high roll on 2d6. He got a 3 :!: .

As for linking song to spell. I kinda suck with song, so I couldn't give you an accurate representation to factor it into the spells strength if that was what you meant.

Lower levels happen fairly similar. To view the levels I thought similar to the test group. Even a lvl3 in our RP is massively weaker than a lvl 1 battle mage on tabletop. In my view our lvl 1's can do limited magic over limited areas. A death mage could stop a mans heart. Maybe two at a time, but after that would be stretching it. Our lvl 3's might stretch to insta-killing say 10 men at once but couldn't rap off spells like that over and over again.

The extent of a lore is how well you can imagine a way to twist your magic into doing something. The better your explanation for a really weird spell, the more likely it'll be to happen. So saying you want ladry to stop a heart but leave the body unburned so as not to arouse suspicion. Just saying that makes it unlikely to pull it off properly. On the other hand, if you say you intend to vaporise the blood in his heart causing it to burst in his chest, well, that's something a pyromancer can easily pull off. A death mage would just stop it easily. A fire mage must get creative, but both reach the exact same goal. That's how I view how far your magic types stretch.

Equipment: MC Long sword, Throwing Axe, Dagger, Heavy Armour, Slaanesh Amulet, Dalvian Hunting Horn, Rations x 7, Null stone x 1, 525 Gold, Dark Steed, Blackpowder Pistol [18/18]
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Cananatra wrote:He got a 3 :!: .
:shock:
:lol:

Edited my post to reflect that.
Searinox Nagharha
Aspiring Brush Master

ok thats a very nice take on how magic works. A small question from me for my character :lol:
as a Shade, Searinox will never be able to get more then Power of Ulgu (1)
so what kind of tricks could i attempt with 'relative' safety? could i 'enchant' Searinox's sword to inflict The Withering or Enfeebling Foe on whomever he strikes for a few attacks? Or summon a field of mist if my incantation is good enough? Could i take effect of Smoke and Mirrors to teleport myself a few feet?
I understand that calling forth a Pit of Shades or Mindrazor is a far fetched feat but im looking for the small stuf ;)

sorry for the questions but I want to know what i can do with it before i burn a SP on it :mrgreen:

also Calisson, anything interresting in that book about the Lore of Shadows? :D
Last edited by Searinox Nagharha on Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thraundil
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Thraundil »

A question regarding languages. We all know Druchii (obviously), although we might speak different dialects its essentially the same language, so we understand each other perfectly. How common is it amongst dark elves to speak other races languages? E.g. high elf, to better mock prisoners? Human, to be able to communicate with slaves, or are they expected to learn dark elf tongue under already harsh conditions? Can they even pronounce dark elf words with their stupid human tongues? Is there a "common" tongue? :P
WS4, S2, T3, D4, I6.
Searinox Nagharha
Aspiring Brush Master

I'd expect that the slaves either get it hammered into there heads or are smart enough to learn key commands.
I also think that the only ones that rly learn other languages would be Slave Masters, captains of raiding ships and Highborn that have the spare time.

but thats just guess work from my part :P

Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

About languages, in a couple of centuries, it shouldn't be difficult to learn a few spare languages.
Another matter is to accept to talk with such low standard tongue.
As an equivalent, would humans learn to use a dog's body language and bark? Or the horse's neigh? No, they teach them how to understand human language.
Thraundil
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Thraundil »

Of course. My question was not if we walk around communicating in "stupidlanguage", but if we know how to :p
WS4, S2, T3, D4, I6.
Cananatra

Post by Cananatra »

My understanding of the languages is like this. Most druchii could manage to get their meaning across to a high elf, but aren't fully fluent for obvious reasons. Most wont know lesser languages unless it benefits them somehow. So you'd get most corsairs with a smattering of slave race languages just to be able to order them about or torture info out of them while on a raid. I'd guess their accents are terrible though. I'd say regular druchii would pick up a word here and there even if they didn't set out to actually learn any. Probably at the point and grunt a word level of communication though.

Searinox, teleportation is out of the range of a lvl 1. You could cast a brief enchantment onto your blade to enfeeble (by brief i mean as long as you keep it going, you wont be making a permanent magic sword). Blanketing a whole field would be a high roll but possible. Personally I'd just cast darkness into the eyes of the people you want to get past and make them go blind. much smaller spell ;) .
Searinox Nagharha
Aspiring Brush Master

Fair enough, never expected to perma enchant a sword anyway xD just tought that would be easier to keep going for a lvl1 then trying to debuff a whole group :P shame about the teleport but understandable. There are alot of other nifty 'simple' magic tricks from the Winds of Ulgu :D
Cananatra wrote:
Blanketing a whole field would be a high roll but possible.

So you're telling me there's a chance :twisted: at some point it might be our only way to survive !eek! ;)
Not saying im gonna try this on a regular basis but I'll keep it in mind !lol!

Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Searinox Nagharha wrote:Calisson, anything interresting in that book about the Lore of Shadows? :D
Current spells in the Lore:
http://www.thediceabide.com/2012/06/win ... of-shadow/
Storm of magic lets the caster
- move some terrain element (former position was an illusion). Not that difficult to cast (10+).
- create a bridge of shadows, allowing to move anywhere once even from a combat (15+)
- make a melody that plunges all foes into sorrow, so that they cannot do anything better than a slow clumsy goblin (very difficult to cast at 25+)
Searinox Nagharha
Aspiring Brush Master

Some nifty spells, but to great for a lvl1 wuthout an IF cast ;)
Still gonna try to get out some good illusions every now and then :D

paithan darkshadow
Trainee Warrior

Post by paithan darkshadow »

weighing in on the language thing, i seem to remember when I read the darkblade series that the shades tended to have their own dialect, they can speak druchii but its a strong accent. some do know some human tongue and some sorcerers can make themselves understood without language...hope it helps, doubt it does.

and from the personal point of view of my character paithan wont know any other languages he is a soldier (or was...wait and see where im going with that people..) and has had no need to learn any others
Name: paithan darkshadow
Sex: male
Height: 6ft1
Weight: 245 lbs
Class:khainite
Statistics: weapon skill 5 strength 3 Toughness 4 dexterity 3 Intelligence 4
Equipment: draich, Medium armour
Skills: endurance, smithing
Marchosias
Assassin

Post by Marchosias »

Allegedly, Druchii nobility learns the Asur language in childhood. And I think it is possible that some humans would know Tal-Eltharin as well, given that they trade with the High Elves quite often now.
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

Excellent explanations on the die rolls. Unf I've had a family emergency and have had to fly to Germany to my sisters (using her phones 3G to post this). I'll try to get a post in soon but it'll likely have to wait until I'm back in the uk on Monday. My previous post had mentioned Dolan helping with the looting already. I'd imagine he would go looking for more tanky stuff but that usually comes out decided as the creative juices flow when I'm posting.
Cade Thanal (TN: Gaelus Stormscythe) (Group 38 warrior)
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5
Equipment: Light Armor, Short Sword, Repeating Handbow (9/10), Helmet, Asur Short Sword, High elf Mage-prince pelt, Lion pelt cloak, Sword belt with gold buckle and sapphire, 10 gold
Skills: Disguise

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2
Equipment: Glaive, medium armor, shield
Skills: Endurance

Taldein, the Draich'Arha (CC Thread)
WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Equipment: Draich (EP4), Helmet (EP1), Pendant
Skills: Power of Ulgu (1)
paithan darkshadow
Trainee Warrior

Post by paithan darkshadow »

I hope everything works out fine with your family. Positive thoughts coming your way
Name: paithan darkshadow
Sex: male
Height: 6ft1
Weight: 245 lbs
Class:khainite
Statistics: weapon skill 5 strength 3 Toughness 4 dexterity 3 Intelligence 4
Equipment: draich, Medium armour
Skills: endurance, smithing
Searinox Nagharha
Aspiring Brush Master

More positive toughts incomming, hope everythings works out right

Thraundil
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Thraundil »

Family, duty, honour, but family comes first. Best wishes, mate!
WS4, S2, T3, D4, I6.