Logo
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:02 pm



Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Group 41 
Author Message
Corsair
Corsair
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:00 pm
Posts: 8708
Location: Hag Graef
All mercenaries had joined the evening meeting. Caraoc started by doing what he did best: observing.
Curiously, none of the sailors was there. Obviously, the staff was not much concerned with what they probably perceived as a technical, post-engagement meeting. That could indicate that the captain was more a navigator, explorer and merchantman than a melee warrior. Not necessarily a bad thing, knowing that a jack-of-all-trade is a master of none. Still, there was a need for battle leadership, and the meeting could prove decisive to discover such talent among the mercenaries.

Ladry took the lead again, not a surprise since every mercenary had answered positively her summoning.
What would be interesting would be to see how the other ones reacted to her leadership.

Ladry's opening remarks were partly driven from competence and good sense, there wasn't much to contest about the need for better coordination in combat.
However, she also mentioned a suspicion about the captain's alledged interest to have them killed, which Caraoc could not share.
Paithan the khainite just agreed about the need to fight cohesively, but did not comment the suspicion nor contested the leadership.
More interestingly, Analya the shade contested Ladry's initial mistrust against the captain. Her speech was full of subtelty and wisdom. She could be a good candidate for leadership too. That speech was much more in line with Caraoc's own feelings.
Then Searinox shared his mistrust, but adding some good sense.


The pilot mage took the floor (OOC: or shall we say the deck? ;) )
"Let's clarify the relationship between sailors and mercenaries.

What you landlubbers should realize is that we are all on the same ship. Two pilots on a single ship are sure to run her to reefs.
If someone disagree with the captain, as there is no option to move elsewhere, the only possibility is mutiny, in the old respected tradition.

Likewise, the captain is nothing without his crew - and his mercenaries.
Any of us killed will spare him little gold, but means much greater loss of fighting power.
He needs us and will need us not until the journey ends, but until all the cargo is sold.

I was surprised indeed to see our captain watching us rather than joining the fight. What I understand is that he needed less to show his fighting talents, than to observe ours. His power in battle lays on us, and he needs to see what we can achieve from combat, before he can set real objectives.

With what I have seen so far, the captain and his crew are competent enough.

The ship herself is more worrisome. She needs many small repairs; if any of us could help in that field, that would make a long way towards our better integration with the crew.

The weak part of the expedition, that is us, the fighters. We need more cohesion and more action as a team. Discipline is what makes us Druchii more efficient than stronger or more prolific races.

A shooty corsair myself, what I can provide to a fighting group in melee is some short distance shooting.
Additionally, I am blessed with an ability to take advantage of aerial elements where it is useful. The gentle wind push when you were about to jump on board the human ship; the lightning striking the mast to the human's dismal were not just a coincidence.
You will hear me singing war chants during battles. Perhaps you did not notice, but in the past, it has distracted the opponent, or has carried subconscious messages allowing my party to avoid incoming danger. This is best done at a short distance, like shooting.
If it seems not too much bragging, I'd like to mention that as a pilot, I can find best paths when needed, and it gives sometimes an insight about future events important enough to reflect specific rare star alignments.
As a scald, finally, I am the one to value a group's achievements to the audience, and transform an ordinary brawl into an extraordinary tale."


Explaining why the captain needs his mercenaries alive. Calling for better integration with the crew.
Telling indirectly about his arcane talents.


_________________
Caraoc the scald pilot - WS3 S4 T3 D5 I5 - A saga or it didn't happen!
Equipment: staff, repeater handbow (20 clips), Sea Dragon Cloak, cutlass
Inventory: "Beastbane" Horn, sunstone, sextant and set of navigational instruments; 20 gold + share.
Skills: Power of Azyr (2), Evasion, Raiding
Class: Mage (Astromancer)

_________________
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}


Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:18 pm
Profile
Beastmaster

Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:39 pm
Posts: 360
Location: Dundee
Junk, Dolan thought. Junk, junk and more junk!. He kicked over a small bit of armor laying on the floor in the holds. It's a wonder this even survives with such craftsmanship!. He brooded as he continued his search. Perhaps it would have been better to join those in the officer's quarters. Then something caught his eye. A glint in the corner of room.

Well what have we here?, he said. Raising up a shield of sturdy make. Ha ha, Dolan you old boy. Well done!. He exclaimed with mirth. Clearly pleased with his find, he returned topside to join those returning back to the ship.

----------

Later on the ship, the khainite approached him and the pyromancer requesting aid with his smithing. Yes, pup, I'll do your musclework. Give us a bit of rest though. Many days we have yet and I'm well thirsty after that skirmish.. With that, he looked hoping a good drink and some others engaging in a bit of dice. On the way, he received word of a meeting amognst the mercenaries. He grumbled at this summons. The last thing he wanted to do now was discuss and think...

----------

He blinked to bring his eyes back into focus. His mind had wandered again, not really hearing what the others were discussing. Some sore of conspiracy or the other, common blether among the druchii and something he didn't usually care so much about unless he directly noticed a threat to his life or lifestyle. Of the Captain, he suspected little and his management had been entirely what he expected. If he was the Captain, he'd definitely send out his highest paid mercenaries first. That's what they were to do!

His mood perked up with he was offered a strong liquor. Well, now. This discussion has suddenly become much for intersting!, he jested. Enjoying the drink, he made every effort to listen... and failed miserably. All of his focus returned to reflecting on the joy of battle and the lovely tasted of the drink on his lips.

When the astromancer spoke up on the way of this, Dolan listened. He agreed with most of the things said and hoped that it would calm those of them that seemed a bit nervy. So as one that can view the future then, I don't suppose you can just tell us how this meeting will end so we can get on with things?, he smiled, clearly not meaning any disrespect to his comrades. But seriously, I think we are well where we should be. The Captain is what the Captain is. I don't particularly fancy manning this vessel with the culled numbers and infighting would bring. Just work together and watch each other's backs and we'll always be on the up and up. As for what I can bring to the party, besides the worlds greatest sense of humor and largest liver, I'm always eager to chew the steel of our enemies. Bash their heads in and think of strategy later. You quicker lot are better schooled in that. If you need a strong shield to fight behind from, or need to know your back and flanks are guarded, stick near me. I'll set up you for those kills I know you all love. Now then... where is the rest of that liquor?

Dolan will add his two cents

_________________
Cade Thanal (TN: Gaelus Stormscythe) (Group 38 warrior)
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5
Equipment: Light Armor, Short Sword, Repeating Handbow (9/10), Helmet, Asur Short Sword, High elf Mage-prince pelt, Lion pelt cloak, Sword belt with gold buckle and sapphire, 10 gold
Skills: Disguise

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2
Equipment: Glaive, medium armor, shield
Skills: Endurance

Taldein, the Draich'Arha (CC Thread)
WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Equipment: Draich (EP4), Helmet (EP1), Pendant
Skills: Power of Ulgu (1)


Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:29 pm
Profile
Trainee Warrior
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:45 am
Posts: 44
Paithan listens quietly and sagely to the advice of otherss. Keeping his mouth closed and ears open as each mercenary discusses the pros and cons of their lot aboard ship. one who sees murder at every turn and one who sees no malice in every decision....the captain should be afraid but I dont know of which one more awaiting the cessation of the speeches and laughing under his breath a little at the carefree bravado of dolan. Finally as all falls silent he speaks again whether we have a captain who wishes us dead or simply wont weep when it happens doesnt matter. To the idea of showing our strength why not be literal one can pick a quarrel with one of the more robust fighters the captain has and beat him. If he dies so be it but the matter of it is to show we are stronger than his strongest. Dolan fancy a duel? A drunken misunderstanding or a vicious accusation of cheating at dice can get so messy afterall.....why be cleverer whwn we can be stronger and what repercussions can the captain sanction if its a fair duel for a good reason. nodding paithan claps the armoured back of dolan for emphasiss beforr folding his arms on his chest and falling silent once more

paithan listens forming his own opinions on his colleagues motivations and tactics beforr offering up a suggestion how to show their might of arms

_________________
Name: paithan darkshadow
Sex: male
Age: 174
Height: 6ft1
Weight: 245 lbs
Class:khainite
Statistics: weapon skill 5 strength 3 Toughness 4 dexterity 3 Intelligence 4
Equipment: draich, Medium armour
Skills: endurance, smithing


Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:11 pm
Profile
Malekith's Best Friend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:46 pm
Posts: 1177
Location: The Depths of Despair
Ladry listened to her comrades with some degree of amusement. Unsurprisingly, Analya was the one speaking the most sense. She was clever, although it irritated Ladry that she read too much out of her words. "Noone mentioned hostilities from or towards the captain" she added as Analya spoke. I merely meant he would not mourn our passing as much as he would his own, which is all the more reason to stick together. He is no enemy for now, he needs us as we need him, but trust is something he is yet to earn from me.

As for the established crew..."
, she nodded her head towards the captains men at Caraocs suggestion of befriending them, "They are a well oiled slaver force, you all saw them. They will not form ranks with us just like that, it takes practise and mutual trust to cooperate as they do. They are a unit, have each others backs. And so too, we must be one. Not to say we should not befriend them, or appear as a force to be reckoned with. Preferably both. Although I do not believe injuring or killing a crewman will earn us neither...

Analyas theory of "two equal powers" was a good one, but Paithans idea was not a good one. Ideally, the mercenary group should be perceived as too weak to usurp the ship, yet too strong to be worth turning upon for a higher share of loot, and not at all with any reason for anger or revenge. The very best way I think, will be to make an impression during our next action. Cunning and calculative we must be. Work together for maximum efficienty. I would suggest... she glanced over the group again, pondering her next words carefully.

"Dolan and Searinox, a shield and sunder from which to strike. Paithan and Analya, a flurry of blades. Caraoc and myself, fire and wind, and black quivered bolts for whomever gets too close. Polibastious and Darven, the two of you have worked together before, that much is obvious, so there really is no point splitting you. Three duos coordinating their strikes, and all the magic support you could want for. It is my suggestion that we begin training for a strategical approach like this, or one similar. Once battle is joined, we pick targets, neutralise them, and move on. Swift and lethal until we have the upper hand, then go for prisoners. And most importantly, we all live to set foot upon Chillfull Naggaroth again. Yes?"

She paused, and looked around at the others for a reply as she thought the pairings over in her mind. Dolan was a lump of brute strength, and would be of most benefit to either of the two agile warriors. Paithans large sword reach meant he would not be the obvious partner for Dolan, but at the same time his speed and skill with the blade meant whomever was to fight alongside him needed to be fast and with a natural agile style. Yes, the pairings made sense. Now she only needed to wait for objections or agreement from the others.

Offers her suggestion for a tactical pairing that she thinks best compliments each other.

_________________
Name: Ladry (female)
Class: Mage (Pyromancer)
Equipment: Staff, longsword, dagger, 20 gold, insignia ring.
Skills: Power of Aqshy (2), defensive figthing
WS4, S2, T3, D4, I6.


Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:42 pm
Profile
Corsair
Corsair
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:00 pm
Posts: 8708
Location: Hag Graef
Ladry showed two key qualities for a leader: the ability to listen, and the guts to take decisions.
The pilot was pleased, all the more that she was leading towards a direction he had wished to be taken.

"Well spoken.
That basic battle plan should suffice for a start.

And our cohesion is our best safeguard against possible second thoughts from our captain."


Accepting Ladry as mercenary leader.

_________________
Caraoc the scald pilot - WS3 S4 T3 D5 I5 - A saga or it didn't happen!
Equipment: staff, repeater handbow (20 clips), Sea Dragon Cloak, cutlass
Inventory: "Beastbane" Horn, sunstone, sextant and set of navigational instruments; 20 gold + share.
Skills: Power of Azyr (2), Evasion, Raiding
Class: Mage (Astromancer)

_________________
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}


Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:24 pm
Profile
Aspiring Brush Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:19 pm
Posts: 680
Location: In my Armory, protecting my Weed.
--- Supper Time ---

After the everything had settled down abit it was time to eat. And for the first time in weeks there was sonething decent that was cooked thanks to the supplies the got from the merchant ship.
By the time Searinox had made his way to get his share of the food a few corsairs had already gathered and started eating. Including one of the targets he had hoped to get some information out of, one of the more seasoned crew members. Over the course of the last few weeks Searinox was able to get a neutral relationship with a few of the corsairs, be it through small talk, mutual interests or assisting them in work around the cutter. Two of these he found good targets.
The first would be one of the older crew members, they both shared a love for alchohol, getting him to share information without growing suspicion would be hard... hard but not impossible. If that failed he had a plan B, one if the 'younger' members, he would most likely have less usefull information to share but it would likely be easier to obtain.
Further more he decided to eavesdrop on as many conversations as he could from now on that would include the captain, first mate, or anyone else that might have useful information.

Searinox walked upto the corsair in the hope to start a friendly conversation "First truelly exciting events in weeks wasn't it? Excluding ofcourse when we got chased by those Hawkships." he let out a smalk chuckle "That was some impressive teamwork you guys had going on that ship, must have taken quite abit of practice to get the whole crew in sync like that?"

----

---Evening meeting---

"Well," Searinox added "While it is a good start, and I do agree with you pairings, I'd also suggest we don't focus too hard on them and make sure we work well as a whole team." Searinox unsheated his sword and flicked it around with his wrist in a fluent motiin instantly resheating it. "As you suspected my speciality is breaking my opponents defenses, so i'll most likely be one of the first into the fray to make sure everyone has their opening for attack."

trying to deepen his friendship with one of the crew
gives his input during the evening meeting and a explanation of his skills

_________________
PLOG - The House of Corvus
Image

Group 41- Name: Searinox Nagharha - Shade
WS:5 S:3 T:3 D:4 I:4
Equipment: Long sword; Falchion (family heirloom), Very Good Sabre, Short sword, Dagger, Throwing Dagger (4) SeaDragon Cloak, Chain
Inventory: 30 gold (214 still to be paid), Silver Bracelet, several flagons: 1x Strength potion, 3x Courage potion, 3x Healing Potion.
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Acrobatics, Basic Stealth


Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:49 am
Profile
Assassin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:53 am
Posts: 594
The bottle disappeared in Searinox's satchel and its new owner suggested to keep their agreement secret.
“But there is nothing to conceal,” she responded with an innocent expression. “You like to drink, I had no use for the flask, so I shared. Well, now that I think of it,” her look is very troubled suddenly, “I should have charged you a few coins for it. This is probably the blow in the head I received. But being hit in the head is not a crime, is it?”

She leaned comfortably on the railing and returned to her normal voice. “Although I have heard about a spearman who had such a large bump on his head he could not wear a helmet. Since it was the day of a parade for someone important, he then got executed for indiscipline. Stupid commander.”

---

After her speech, Caraoc addressed the mercenaries with similarly many words, joining her plea for trust and cooperation. Analya was not surprised by his views, given that he could easily feel one of both corsairs and mercenaries. It was good to see that this easy-going singer had a serious side, though. She nodded and looked around who else had something to add.

Then she got alerted, though, when the khainite spoke about starting a brawl and killing a corsair. Did he understand nothing she and Caraoc had tried to explain?
“There will be no fighting on this ship outside of sparring,” she said with a sharp look into Paithan's eyes.

Now it was a good time to give Searinox his answer. “How do we paint ourselves dangerous? Well, imagine for a while you have sailed on a ship for five weeks already. There has been almost no entertainment. You are doing mundane tasks over and over just to keep yourself busy. And suddenly, a group of mercenaries starts sparring on a highly visible part of the ship.” Analya gave the disgraced noble a predatory smile. “You would watch closely. You would probably even call your friends and place bets. And since we know the corsairs will be watching us, it shouldn't be that difficult to show them something that would throw them in awe, don't you think?”

Later, Ladry proposed which pairs they should work in. Had her elevated position offered her such a good view on them during today's battle? It was possible, though maybe she was just pressing matters to maintain the control over their group she might have already gained.
“No objections,” responded Analya, “as long as we only take this for a basis on which our battle plans are going to be built. But before we go into too much detail, I think it would benefit us to observe undisturbed how each of us actually fights as what we have seen so far does not tell everything. And so I think,” she unsheathed the sword she had looted a few hours before and gave their companions a dangerous smile, “anyone up for a friendly match?”

Silly talk with Searinox, explaining how to impress corsairs, asking for a sparring partner.

-----------------------------

Analya Durekhar (female shade)

WS 5 S3 T3 D4 I4
skills: acrobatics, unarmed combat, Sariya fencing (1)
equipment: 2x rapier (one good, one average), short bow, parrying dagger
junk: 224 gold, pack of immodest cards

_________________
The Lost Colony defenders - Rowena's painting log

Alternative Armies - because we can build any army without GW!


Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:04 am
Profile
Aspiring Brush Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:19 pm
Posts: 680
Location: In my Armory, protecting my Weed.
Searinox chuckled at Analya's remark "I do sure love myself a drink or two. And taken a blow to the head is no shame at all." he couldn't do anything but agree with her on that. With the black eye he had he had little to say against it. "As for payment... im sure we'll figure out something later." continueing listening to Analya he shook his head with a faint smile on his face.
"Yeah those commanders get real uptight when they want to impress someone."

------

Searinox's eyes narrow as Analya adressed his question 'Is she challinging me?' he thought to himself as he continued listening. At she unsheated her rapier and issued a challange for anyone to accept Searinox's eyes lit up. 'So she is looking for a fight!' Searinox stepped up and unsheated his swords, in his right he held his own longsword, it's black blade reflecting what little light there was in a faint purple hue. In his left he held the short sword he had looted from one of the sailors. Searinox wanted to test the skills of hes fellow mercenaries first had and these soarring matches were the perfect way.
"I would gladly accept your challenge." He made a small bow as if to taunt her to make the first move. Not letting his guard down in case she would accept the taunt he added "But wouldn't it be wise to do this in the morning? While most of the crew are free this time of day, the lack of light might not get us the expocure we want."

silly talk with Analya in the afternoon
accepting her challenge at night, but adding that if they would do it the next day more of the crew might see it.

_________________
PLOG - The House of Corvus
Image

Group 41- Name: Searinox Nagharha - Shade
WS:5 S:3 T:3 D:4 I:4
Equipment: Long sword; Falchion (family heirloom), Very Good Sabre, Short sword, Dagger, Throwing Dagger (4) SeaDragon Cloak, Chain
Inventory: 30 gold (214 still to be paid), Silver Bracelet, several flagons: 1x Strength potion, 3x Courage potion, 3x Healing Potion.
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Acrobatics, Basic Stealth


Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:02 pm
Profile
Trainee Warrior
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:45 am
Posts: 44
nodding his head to aquiesce to the others instructions he smiles once more, a habit he seems to have whether amused or not it seems almost reflex more than mirth or laughter. i bow to the wisdom of the group I will not kill anyone of our party or our ship. it was merely a suggestion as a show of force, being feared can be powerful but subtlety is not my strong point and by the might of khaine I swear I shall not step out of line from your plan. I see its merits most strongly, ladry and analya thankyou...

watching the challenge be issued and then accepted by Searinox he beams broadly his teeth showing the smile fully ear to ear. sparring..now there is an idea i need to get the shoulder working again..dolan let me show you the errors of that shield of yours. after Analya's match I shall show you how a real man fights Laughing he Claps Dolans shoulder and stands to one side leaning against the gunwhale his eyes fixed to dolan's to see if he will step up to the friendly challenge.

paithan states that he will not appose the plan. and as sparring is offered he challenges dolan.

_________________
Name: paithan darkshadow
Sex: male
Age: 174
Height: 6ft1
Weight: 245 lbs
Class:khainite
Statistics: weapon skill 5 strength 3 Toughness 4 dexterity 3 Intelligence 4
Equipment: draich, Medium armour
Skills: endurance, smithing


Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:11 pm
Profile
Beastmaster

Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:39 pm
Posts: 360
Location: Dundee
Alright pup, you show me a thing or two and then I'll show you surely. Loser supplies the brews!, he said with a wink. With that he moved with Paithan to an area of the deck with some room. He held his shield in his left hand, his new found buckler strapped to his back like a turtleshell. He knocked his weapon against his shield to loosen his arms up and then beckoned to Paithan to begin. C'mon then, time's a wasting

Sparing

_________________
Cade Thanal (TN: Gaelus Stormscythe) (Group 38 warrior)
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5
Equipment: Light Armor, Short Sword, Repeating Handbow (9/10), Helmet, Asur Short Sword, High elf Mage-prince pelt, Lion pelt cloak, Sword belt with gold buckle and sapphire, 10 gold
Skills: Disguise

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2
Equipment: Glaive, medium armor, shield
Skills: Endurance

Taldein, the Draich'Arha (CC Thread)
WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Equipment: Draich (EP4), Helmet (EP1), Pendant
Skills: Power of Ulgu (1)


Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:09 pm
Profile
Trainee Warrior
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:45 am
Posts: 44
Laughing heartily paithan steps from the gunwhale well ssonmuch for ladies first pulling his new helm from his waist hr places it on shaking his head to make it sit comfortably over his brow. The former captains rictus grin staring at dolan from the face plate. Unbuckling his draich he keeps the soft leather scabbard on the weapon to protect from cuts then moving his feet slowly he begins to circle. He is in no hurry and watches the over eager dolans stance to gauge openings his eyes watching the other fighters from behind the skull eye sockets of his helm. His first swings are not overly aggressive more probing overhand cuts aimed first st the shoulder of dolans sheilf arm then underhand turning the swing towards the armpit of his swordhand just to see how the man reacts to these probing strikes

a languid start tactical and probing for openings gauging the reaction of his foe

_________________
Name: paithan darkshadow
Sex: male
Age: 174
Height: 6ft1
Weight: 245 lbs
Class:khainite
Statistics: weapon skill 5 strength 3 Toughness 4 dexterity 3 Intelligence 4
Equipment: draich, Medium armour
Skills: endurance, smithing


Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:42 pm
Profile
Assassin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:53 am
Posts: 594
Analya thought that in such a quiet afternoon, after drinking a good portion of his brandy, Searinox should have been more talkative. Was he a shy man or did he not appreciate her sense of humour? Or was he concealing something?

“What about you? You surely know a nice tale or two about some self-important commander,” she tried to carry on the conversation. “Or do you consider yourself above such petty gossip?” she added with a friendly smile.

---

Her challenge was accepted without hesitation and soon, she and Searinox were pointing their blades on each other, staring into each other's eyes. His only concern seemed to be if there was enough light for the corsairs to see them.
“Well, we can begin now and continue in the morning,” she replied, never looking away from her opponent. “I think the light is sufficient now, but should some fire mage illuminate us in a more spectacular way, I certainly wouldn't object.”
Analya raised her sword to a salute and attacked. She directed a few easy blows at her companion, as a beginner learns them, left, right, left, at a steady pace, giving Searinox time to notice the fight had already begun and studying his footwork at the same time. Then she allowed for a short retaliation, observing how her opponent was attacking. The human sword she was wielding was not as masterfully balanced as her own, but it would suffice.
Then the real fight began. Her opponent had the advantages of a longer blade and one excess weapon. And it was clear soon enough that while he was not as skilled fencer as she, he knew what he was doing. That meant there were two ways of defeating him: create an opening through fine technique or do something unexpected. The whole body can serve as a weapon, after all. She will be trying to place a well-timed counterattack when her opponent's blades are slightly out of position or to trip him up, to disarm him with a feint or grab his wrist and pull him off balance, feign a mistake to lure out a bad move or close to him and put a knee into his belly. All this while stopping each attack at a gentle touch.

And with a bit of luck, she should be able to squeeze a flying kick somewhere.

Afternoon: asking Searinox for funny stories. Evening: Sparing.


-----------------------------

Analya Durekhar (female shade)

WS 5 S3 T3 D4 I4
skills: acrobatics, unarmed combat, Sariya fencing (1)
equipment: 2x rapier (one good, one average), short bow, parrying dagger
junk: 224 gold, pack of immodest cards

_________________
The Lost Colony defenders - Rowena's painting log

Alternative Armies - because we can build any army without GW!


Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:21 am
Profile
Aspiring Brush Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:19 pm
Posts: 680
Location: In my Armory, protecting my Weed.
Searinix chuckled "There is nothing wrong with a but of gossip." He started to ponder. "I recall beeing hired by a house of which one of the soldiers had told me that the lord threw an entire squad if his men into prison for showing up 'to early' for some meeting making him look bad. Whilest it was the lord himself who simply showed up to late." Though Searinox made it sound like simple gossip, it was far from that. The lord in question was his own father who was also one of those self-important commanders, when he was still alive that is. But he wasn't planning on sharing his family history with Analya just like that.

---

"the best way to win this fight would be to disarm or knock her down... I'll see what opportunity arrises first." Searinox tought to himself as Analya readied her attack. Analya's opening attacks were simple, simple but precise. She knew how to wield a rapier well, even if it was a crude human one. But so far it was nothing Searinox couldn't handle, with some simple movement he was able to dodge each attack, taking a small step back each time he did. These strikes were nothing more then tests to see his reflexes, his habits in combat.
Now it was time to counter, taking a step forward Searinox opened with two simply quick attacks with his shortsword. From left to right and back again, in the meantime he had brought his longsword to the left side of his body and unleashed a broad horizontal slash meant to force Analya to dodge backwards. "And now playtime is over." Searinox quickly spun around his axis and dashing forward and following with a fast slash aimed at Analya's waist, turning the blunt side of his sword to Analya to prevent any serieus injury should she fail to dodge.

afternoon: gossiping with Analya
evening: sparring with Analya

_________________
PLOG - The House of Corvus
Image

Group 41- Name: Searinox Nagharha - Shade
WS:5 S:3 T:3 D:4 I:4
Equipment: Long sword; Falchion (family heirloom), Very Good Sabre, Short sword, Dagger, Throwing Dagger (4) SeaDragon Cloak, Chain
Inventory: 30 gold (214 still to be paid), Silver Bracelet, several flagons: 1x Strength potion, 3x Courage potion, 3x Healing Potion.
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Acrobatics, Basic Stealth


Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:35 pm
Profile
Corsair
Corsair
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:00 pm
Posts: 8708
Location: Hag Graef
The evening meeting had resulted into a consensus.
Everyone seemed happy with starting to think as a group, and to use the grouping provided by Ladry as a template for future battles.
She had gone a long way into taking leadership of the group of mercenaries, while accepting the supremacy of the ship's captain.
Searinix and Analya had started to devise fencing techniques.

Before the meeting closed, the pilot mage suggested once more, for the sake of harmony between the crew and the mercenaries, that those who had some smithing talents would consider to help the crew maintain the ship in the best floating conditions they could achieve.
Meanwhile, Caraoc would concentrate on giving a hand with piloting.

Suggesting better integration with the crew.

_________________
Caraoc the scald pilot - WS3 S4 T3 D5 I5 - A saga or it didn't happen!
Equipment: staff, repeater handbow (20 clips), Sea Dragon Cloak, cutlass
Inventory: "Beastbane" Horn, sunstone, sextant and set of navigational instruments; 20 gold + share.
Skills: Power of Azyr (2), Evasion, Raiding
Class: Mage (Astromancer)

_________________
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}


Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:04 am
Profile
Aspiring Brush Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:19 pm
Posts: 680
Location: In my Armory, protecting my Weed.
As Searinox's blade made it's way to Analya's waist she quickly stepped back and parried his sword. He was expecting this, she looked like the kind of person that knows her way in a fight and knows to expect the unexpected. Though her counterattack came quicker then Searinox had expected, before he could put his defense back up, a quick trust with her rapier made its way aimed at his chest. Not that Searinox was unprepaired for this, with a quick rise and twist of short sword he was able to deflect it out of harms way.

Yet Analya was a lot quicker then Searinox had expected. Quickly after he had deflected the blade she had spun around and landed a powerfull kick against his shoulder, sending him towards the railing. 'might have underestimated her speed abit'
As he regained his balance he could hear Analya close in on him on the deck's floor, deciding it was time for a more deceptive approach too combat Searinox grabbed the right side of his Seadragon cloak and flung it up to distract Analya for the slightest of moments. Bringing down his longsword he realized that his cloak wasn't enough to distract her as she deflected his longsword, no worries, he had more tricks. Quickly taking a step forward Searinox brought the hilt of his short sword in and forced it into Analya's stomach.

She slowly staggered back, as she gasped for air Searinox examend her 'Still holding your guard up, impressive.'
He could have easily overpowered her there and then, but they weren't done sparring yet, no, the fun was just starting.
A small smile forced his way on Searinox's face as he readied his blade for Analya's counter attack.

He didn't have to wait very long for the moment she had regained her breath Analya started her counter attack. Striking at Searinox with immense speed he was forced to stretch his reflexes to there limits to deflect and evade all the incomming attacks. This started to strain his left hand though as the shortsword was clearly made for human hands and the grip started to feel uncomfortable in his hands at time went on. Analya picked up on this and waisted no time in exploiting this as she unleashed a quick and precise blow forcing Searinox to drop his shortsword.

Quickly recuperating from this Searinox went on the offense and unleashed a series of quick strikes at Analya, just because he was down to one weapon didn't mean he was any less dangerous.
After some time Searinox saw an opening emerge and he decided to exploit it, taking a quick dash back to create space he forced his way in close to Analya, feinting a broad sword attack. Analya quickly and cleanly deflected the blade and trusted her rapier towards Searinox's throat. Yet in the mean time he had grabbed one of his throwing knives and was holding it pointing in between her ribs.

Both fighters remained still for a moment, heavily breathing, unmoving except for drops of sweat. The delight in their eyes was impossible to miss.

Searinox bowed and resheated his sword "Would that suffice as payment?" he said with a smile of entertainment on his face.

after he got a reply he slowly walked towards the short sword he had dropped and picked it up. 'damned human handle's, I need to get this reshaped or traded before we end in a real fight.' He quickly turned to Phaitan who was making his way to spar with Dolan.
"Hey!" Searinox yelled at the two warriors "Would one of you be so kind as to reshape this into something more manageable before we reach our next target?" holding up his shortsword as he did so.

he then turned his attention to the pilot.
"I'll see what I can do, I know my way around a ship so I should propably be able to help them sail it. Though I doubt I'll be able to repair it better then the corsairs themselves." he let out a faint smile "but if you want to put in a good word for us that would sure help, you're already on friendly ground with the crew right?"

Sparring with Analya
Asking one of the smiths to reshape his sword
replying to Coraoc

_________________
PLOG - The House of Corvus
Image

Group 41- Name: Searinox Nagharha - Shade
WS:5 S:3 T:3 D:4 I:4
Equipment: Long sword; Falchion (family heirloom), Very Good Sabre, Short sword, Dagger, Throwing Dagger (4) SeaDragon Cloak, Chain
Inventory: 30 gold (214 still to be paid), Silver Bracelet, several flagons: 1x Strength potion, 3x Courage potion, 3x Healing Potion.
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Acrobatics, Basic Stealth


Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:34 pm
Profile
Assassin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:53 am
Posts: 594
Afternoon:

“This makes sense,” Analya made a grimace. “A leader is absolutely infallible, of course, and it only proves his authority insisting on it. What would you expect, an apology?” She shook her head with a slight laughter. “I have even known a commander of a spearmen regiment who refused to apologise even to his liege. Quite bold, even more so because he was in the right. He ended in a small fort on the border with the Chaos Wastes, which, given who he was serving under before that, was probably an improvement. Almost no supervision, your only meaningful enemy is boredom, that's a remarkably safe position for a spearman champion.”

---
Evening:

Analya anticipated her opponent would probably try a sudden swift attack breaking from their initial easy pace. In spite of this, she got almost hit when it really came.

But she parried. One hasty blow can hardly suffice to defeat her – on the contrary, Searinox ended in a bad stance because of his overt enthusiasm and she was ready to make use of it. She thrust forwards to unbalance the corsair even more, spun around, placed her foot on his back and kicked him towards the railing.

She could have also simply cut him, of course. But where would be the fun of this? She would learn nothing about him in a swift and ignominious defeat.

Searinox had soon found balance again and waved his cloak to protect his back better. Analya smiled. He was probably hoping to conceal his weapons. It made no difference, she could easily predict where he was going to strike just from his stance. She easily deflected the longsword and moved a bit to the side to escape the other weapon.

Then tears forced in her eyes as her stomach got hit with a sword hilt. Analya staggered a few steps backwards, gasping for breath but still holding her sword on guard. She forced herself into a steady stance and looked at Searinox. He was standing still, waiting for her, giving her time to regain composure. As if she needed a break.

Analya threw herself forwards again, allowing herself no time to rest. She attacked in a flurry of blows, stretching her speed as far as possible. On her face, there were still remnants of her previous smile, tainted with pain, hardened by determination; but her eyes were glowing from meeting a meaningful challenge. She was able to press against her opponent's short sword and force him to drop it. Then she allowed herself to slow down a bit as she knew the advantage was hers again.

Indeed, while Searinox attempted a series of quick strikes she was easily able to deflect them all. Soon an opening emerged, she led the longsword away and prepared a final blow. The corsair tried to punch her in the chest with his left hand but it was easy to stay just out of reach. She turned slightly and almost lazily touched her opponent's neck with her blade. And found out there was actually a small knife in his left hand, pointing now between her ribs. A cheap trick that changed her well-deserved victory into a stalemate. But she had learned something thanks to it.

Both fighters remained still for a moment, heavily breathing, unmoving except for drops of sweat. Then they bowed respectfully to each other and sheathed their weapons. The delight in their eyes was impossible to miss.

"Would that suffice as payment?" asked Searinox, then.

Analya smiled back in a devilish way. “On the contrary, you have just fallen into a much bigger debt than before,” she explained. Seeing that the two brawlers were already eager to fight, she stepped to the side. The other mercenaries did not seem much interested in sparring, though.

“Caraoc, Ladry, what about you?”
she insisted. “I understand you are most valuable fighting from afar and we will try to allow you this, but we should know how much protection you actually need. You can choose your partners,” she offered with a faint smile.

“After that I would like to ask your, Polibastious and Darven, to show us a little of your fighting art. Then we could call it for today. Tomorrow we will start practicing in the pairs and after a few days we will move on to a larger scale cooperation.” [OOC: mercenary duel last so that it blends most easily with the next mod post]

Afternoon: Stories about commanders. Evening: sparing, suggesting training schedule.

-----------------------------

Analya Durekhar (female shade)

WS 5 S3 T3 D4 I4
skills: acrobatics, unarmed combat, Sariya fencing (1)
equipment: 2x rapier (one good, one average), short bow, parrying dagger
junk: 224 gold, pack of immodest cards

_________________
The Lost Colony defenders - Rowena's painting log

Alternative Armies - because we can build any army without GW!


Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:56 am
Profile
Malekith's Best Friend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:46 pm
Posts: 1177
Location: The Depths of Despair
Ladry observed the sudden outbreak of sparring with much interest. She had seen them both in action agaisnt the humans, whom had proved to be no match for them for the most part. But going at each other now, she saw that both figthers were very eager to outfence the other. Both were swift in their movements, though she judged that neither of the two were in truth faster than the other, nor that much faster than herself even. Though it was clear that both of them were a great deal more talented wielding their blades, unsurprisingly of course. This was, after all, their game.

As the fight came to a standstill, Ladry smirked slightly when she saw Searinox' gambit. Analya had thought she had him, but had this been for real, Searinox would be dead sure enough, but Analya would soon be bleeding out, too. "Why, that was a pleasure to watch." she offered to the two combatants. "I shall try not to get on your bad sides, now" she continued jokingly. Analya then suggested that the pair of her and Caraoc should spar as well, with their choice of opponent.

"Not a bad idea. I could, in truth, use some training, just for the sake of eventuality." She drew the longsword she had looted from one of the dead humans. The blade was heavy in her hand, far heavier than what she was accustomed to using, but it would do. She handle was not perfect, either. Adding to Searinox' shout to the two smiths, she added "And perhaps this blade, too? The handle is crude, and if possible I should like the blade slightly thinner, ligther."

She then turned her attention back towards the others. "I would spar with anyone, really. Theres no point picking my own fight, on the battlefield this certainly wont be the case." she casually leans the tip of the longsword onto the deck, before she adds "No witchcraft" with a wink.

_________________
Name: Ladry (female)
Class: Mage (Pyromancer)
Equipment: Staff, longsword, dagger, 20 gold, insignia ring.
Skills: Power of Aqshy (2), defensive figthing
WS4, S2, T3, D4, I6.


Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:43 am
Profile
Corsair
Corsair
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:00 pm
Posts: 8708
Location: Hag Graef
“Caraoc, Ladry, what about you?” asked Analya.
She had been fencing with Searinox late in the evening, with Caraoc paying only distracted attention, more interested at the stars, his real friends.
“I understand you are most valuable fighting from afar and we will try to allow you this, but we should know how much protection you actually need. You can choose your partners,” she insisted with a faint smile.

"I usually choose my fighting opponents indeed," replied the pilot, "... and these are the ones hampered by rain, wind or snow!
If ever an opponent gets closer than the range of my handbow, I excel at evading in order to fight another day... after the night has frozen him."


Evading the call for a fair and balanced duel; explaining how he rather fights in the purest, most orthodox and conventional Druchii way.

_________________
Caraoc the scald pilot - WS3 S4 T3 D5 I5 - A saga or it didn't happen!
Equipment: staff, repeater handbow (20 clips), Sea Dragon Cloak, cutlass
Inventory: "Beastbane" Horn, sunstone, sextant and set of navigational instruments; 20 gold + share.
Skills: Power of Azyr (2), Evasion, Raiding
Class: Mage (Astromancer)

_________________
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}


Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:59 am
Profile
Assassin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:53 am
Posts: 594
Her proposal met partial success. While Ladry was already preparing to practice with her newly acquired sword, Caraoc was hesitating.

“Your approach is good in some cases,” nodded Analya, turning to him. “However, evading an enemy is only viable if it does not give him free path to Ladry's back. And I fear we might one day raid some village that will not have been struck by a blizzard the night before. As I have said, you won't fight at close range unless something goes wrong. But I want to know how quickly should I run to your aid if the battle does not progress according to plan. ”

Looking around she saw Ladry prepared to begin and her own former opponent idly standing nearby. She turned to him and asked: “Searinox, would you be so kind to join our fire mage? Both of you, begin with basic attacks and then slowly build up. Don't push too much.”

Turning back to the pilot, she added: “A bit of practice never hurts. There is no need for an all-out duel.”

Sending Searinox to spar with Ladry, convincing Caraoc to join.

-----------------------------

Analya Durekhar (female shade)

WS 5 S3 T3 D4 I4
skills: acrobatics, unarmed combat, Sariya fencing (1)
equipment: 2x rapier (one good, one average), short bow, parrying dagger
junk: 10 gold + 214 share, pack of immodest cards

_________________
The Lost Colony defenders - Rowena's painting log

Alternative Armies - because we can build any army without GW!


Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:25 pm
Profile
Corsair
Corsair
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:00 pm
Posts: 8708
Location: Hag Graef
Analya insisted to see Caraoc's fighting talents. Her two rapiers in hand, she made several inviting reels.
As an answer, Caraoc took his handbow and shot two bolts right in front of her feet.
"You wanted to see my weapon in action, there it is." ;)
As he shot, he prepared in case she reacted by jumping at him. He had witnessed her agility, it would take him all his skill, if he had to evade her not unlikely overreaction aiming at putting a blade on his neck.
I doubt you'd run as fast as me with such stick in the leg. :lol:
He thought that there might be something to remember, next time the two of them would be pursued by an angry grizzly. :roll:
"Those heavily armoured don't fear my bolts, but they don't run fast either."

Trying to end up a mockery fight as quickly as he enters it.

OOC: thanks Indy for the inspiration: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1VzOeGetkI
_________________
Caraoc the scald pilot - WS3 S4 T3 D5 I5 - A saga or it didn't happen!
Equipment: staff, repeater handbow (20 clips), Sea Dragon Cloak, cutlass
Inventory: "Beastbane" Horn, sunstone, sextant and set of navigational instruments; 20 gold + share.
Skills: Power of Azyr (2), Evasion, Raiding
Class: Mage (Astromancer)

_________________
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}


Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:20 pm
Profile
Trainee Warrior
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:45 am
Posts: 44
As paithan steps out towards the chosen spot by dolan he hesrs the cries go up from the two combatants for his work as a Smith tomorrow if you both bring me those weapons I will see what I can do. Straightening the hilt is simple searinox but it will weaken the metal I can reinforce it but it will break eventually. Find some new steel fast my friend whatever I do to that is a patch at best it won't be a truly good weapon...ladry that blade is no offence intended totally unsuited to you. Yiu need something more elegant if I could borrow you as I work it I will need uou imput on exactly what you wants as I work we are talking a drastic overhaul smiling amiably he returns to the matter of sparring pulling his helmet on and preparing

-----------------

Paithan actually starts the fight somewhat tactically using the extra range granted by the draich to probe and keep the heavily armoured dolan at bay. But the fightingas it picks up oce paithan has viewed how dolan carries himself gets. more aggressive overhand swings to the shield fromt and shoulder always moving crab wise as he swings to stay shield side. Paithan doesnt mind staring down the shield his cuts aimed to bludgeon and weaken the shield arm while positioning humself that side means dolans shorter sword has to travel further to strike back paithan keeps up this routine and finally moves aside grabbing the shield and throwing a headbutt towards dolan to force the attack then tying to maneuver a mock exevutioners swing at the head on the stepback to end the bout


paithans fighting style wear the opponent down with a battering series of concentrated blows then as (if) he tires exploit brute strength to haul the shield down stun his opponent with a headbutt and remove said head with a coup grsce (all simulated in sparring of course) action note these sre all intentions up to dolan how successful the strategy is

_________________
Name: paithan darkshadow
Sex: male
Age: 174
Height: 6ft1
Weight: 245 lbs
Class:khainite
Statistics: weapon skill 5 strength 3 Toughness 4 dexterity 3 Intelligence 4
Equipment: draich, Medium armour
Skills: endurance, smithing


Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:30 pm
Profile
Aspiring Brush Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:19 pm
Posts: 680
Location: In my Armory, protecting my Weed.
--- Afternoon chat ---

Searinox laughed "He should be happy to still have his head." a small grin appeared on his face "Though I do hear those brutes from the Chaos Wastes give up a good fight."

--- Evening Meeting ---

Searinox pondered for abit at Paithans reply. "Still, with the way this blade is now it might cost me my arm in the next fight. but I'll keep a look out for some fine metal during our next raid. Thanks for the warning." He then turned around to face Analya. 'Why do I always get stuck with these headstrong women...' Searinox let out a small sigh 'First the Fire Mage shouting commands, now this wardancer... they all remind me of her...' for a split second a clear sign of annoyance crossed his face, quickly regaining his composieur he raised his hand to scratch his head.
"Sure," he sighed "I guess I could assist with some more sparring."
He slowly walked up to Ladry, still scratching his head, and stood infront of her. Unsheated his swords he toke a bow.
"No tricks." he said with a faint smile before throwing a few slow sparring attacks at Ladry

Talking with Analya in the afternoon
starting a small practice match with Ladry

_________________
PLOG - The House of Corvus
Image

Group 41- Name: Searinox Nagharha - Shade
WS:5 S:3 T:3 D:4 I:4
Equipment: Long sword; Falchion (family heirloom), Very Good Sabre, Short sword, Dagger, Throwing Dagger (4) SeaDragon Cloak, Chain
Inventory: 30 gold (214 still to be paid), Silver Bracelet, several flagons: 1x Strength potion, 3x Courage potion, 3x Healing Potion.
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Acrobatics, Basic Stealth


Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:58 pm
Profile
Malekith's Best Friend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:46 pm
Posts: 1177
Location: The Depths of Despair
As Searinox approached her and drew his sword, Ladry could've sworn he saw a glimpse of reluctance cross his face, if only for the briefest of moments. I shall have to keep an eye out for that she thought to herself as she returned his bow.

Holding the unfamiliar sword in front of her, she took up a defensive posture as Searinox started the attack. He was probing at her slowly. He had done the same against Analya, not wanting to give away his speed right away, but maybe this was more out of concern? Ladry deflects the blows rather easily, although with deliberate clumsiness. I have seen him fence, but he is yet to see me... Maybe a feint will catch him off guard. Patiently, she fights in a defensive manner, taking care to appear slightly slower and slightly less adept with each deflected strike, waiting for an opening to launch a riposte towards Searinox' weapon hand.

Sparring with Searinox. Ladry attempts to feint a worse level of skill than she really has, in order to bait Searinox into relaxing.

_________________
Name: Ladry (female)
Class: Mage (Pyromancer)
Equipment: Staff, longsword, dagger, 20 gold, insignia ring.
Skills: Power of Aqshy (2), defensive figthing
WS4, S2, T3, D4, I6.


Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:32 am
Profile
Aspiring Brush Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:19 pm
Posts: 680
Location: In my Armory, protecting my Weed.
Ladry was able to deflect or dodge the few strikes Searinox threw at her. 'So far she can keep up, let's see how long she will be able too.' While Ladry's fencing seemed clumsy, Searinox wasn't going to let his guard down any time soon. She had seen him fight but he had no idea of her skills in close combat. He started to increase the speed and strength of his attacks with each swing of his sword, throwing in a few attacks with his short sword to keep Ladry from countering. Indeed all she was focusing on was evading his attacks. 'Is she waiting for me to show an opening?' He decided to put this thought to work. By this point Ladry had a hard time to keep up with Searinox's speed. When Ladry made a step to the left Searinox trusted his longsword forward, the fire mage was surprisingly quick on her feet as she quickly moved back to the right and struck at Searinox's exposed side. Exposed, but not defenceless. Having expected the fire mage to have a few tricks up her sleeve he had held his short sword ready to parry any incoming attacks. Quickly raising it he struck Ladry's sword away and using his supsriour agility quickly dashed behind her. Getting caught in the moment he swing his longsword at her neck, stopping only an inch away. Murderous intent still radiating from the blades edge.

Ladry seemed to have picked up on the energy emitting from the blade. As shortly after Searinox had stopped his attack, with a scream and a flash, a spark ignited and surrounded Ladry with a cloak of fire. Having seen what these flames were capable of Searinox had no intent on experiencing them at first hand. Leaping backwards he drew his sea dragon cloak around himself as to shield him from any incoming fireballs.
Though this seemed unnecessary as the flames quickly went down to a simmer. The only thing he needed to shield himself from was the foul look Ladry gave him as she turned around.

Ladry immediately put the flames to rest, heart pounding in her chest. "Searinox, I... The rush of the moment, I am sorry, are you alright?"
"I'm fine." He replied while lowering his cloak, patting off a few smoulders of his shoulder. he then re-sheathed his swords.
"If you are able to do that in actual combat you should be able to survive long enough for one of us to come to your assistance." making a bow Searinox offer Ladry a sincere smile, trying to let her know that, if need arises, she will get backup.


Sparring with Ladry

_________________
PLOG - The House of Corvus
Image

Group 41- Name: Searinox Nagharha - Shade
WS:5 S:3 T:3 D:4 I:4
Equipment: Long sword; Falchion (family heirloom), Very Good Sabre, Short sword, Dagger, Throwing Dagger (4) SeaDragon Cloak, Chain
Inventory: 30 gold (214 still to be paid), Silver Bracelet, several flagons: 1x Strength potion, 3x Courage potion, 3x Healing Potion.
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Acrobatics, Basic Stealth


Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:42 pm
Profile
Malekith's Best Friend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:46 pm
Posts: 1177
Location: The Depths of Despair
If Searinox' first few strikes were quite easy to deflect, the next strikes came harder and faster still. Focusing intensely, she realised the last weeks idle time aboard the cutter was showing. Before long she was no longer feigning clumsiness, but rather focused all her concentration on deflecting, sidestepping and parrying the flurry of blows that was sent in her direction. She realised that sooner or later, she would make a mistake and the contest would be over. But then she saw what she was hoping for; Searinox launched a deep thrust with his longsword towards her, and she dashed quickly to the side and forward, getting so close to Searinox that his longsword was of little use, and she put her weight behind a strike to towards his side. It had been a gambit, however, much like in his fight with Analya, and Searinox easily parried her single strike with his second sword.

As he dashed past her, the stength of her strike coming to a halt, she was now utterly exposed. She saw the swing in the corner of her eye, moving towards her neck. The swing was fast. Too fast. "Logi sslig'ne!" she screamed, the sudden spark of fear within her was soon a fiery shield surrounding her. But as fast as the fear had come, just as fast did it fade as Searinox' blade stopped short, and he lept backwards covered behind his cloak. Ladry immediately put the flames to rest, heart pounding in her chest. "Searinox, I... The rush of the moment, I am sorry, are you alright?" As he replied with a bow and a smile, she breathed a sigh of relief. It wouldnt do to hurt her companions, not even by accident. She quickly sheathed her sword, then stepped forward, her hand stretched out. "Thank you for the practise." she offers with a slightly embarassed smile.

_________________
Name: Ladry (female)
Class: Mage (Pyromancer)
Equipment: Staff, longsword, dagger, 20 gold, insignia ring.
Skills: Power of Aqshy (2), defensive figthing
WS4, S2, T3, D4, I6.


Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:04 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software