Mordheim Revision: Fluff questions to consider

Discuss and participate in the development of the Mordheim Druchii warband here.

Moderators: Loflar, The Dread Knights

Arquinsiel
Shadowdancer

Post by Arquinsiel »

Well since We pretty much poneered this I'm sure we could work out something. The asur list is also a good one though and has already been tweaked some so I think we don't really need to cahnge it so much as petition for it to become official.
ImageImageImageImage
faerthurir wrote:Arq kicked me in the gyros.
Demonyak
Warrior

Post by Demonyak »

If we are going with the causing disruption in human-HE relations, why don't we use some of the HE models with a different colour scheme? The people of mordheim will be all the more taken in! This allows us to use the HE models to make up our own new sorts of troop types when we have finished fleshing out the fluff.
Arquinsiel
Shadowdancer

Post by Arquinsiel »

That's up to the individual gamer, not the design team.
ImageImageImageImage
Mime
Black Guard

Post by Mime »

Must aedmit I like the whole disrupt relations fluff idea, alot. How very evil of us!!

Mike
Whip me, beat me, bash me, crash me, throw me against the wall, oh ah baby I love it when you treat me rough!!!
Anaryin
Lord of the 7th Convent

Post by Anaryin »

So, how is it going to be?
Arquinsiel
Shadowdancer

Post by Arquinsiel »

I think a mix of several ideas is probably the best what with everyone having their favourite. I'll try come up with something vaguely coherent tonight and post it tomorrow.
ImageImageImageImage
Anaryin
Lord of the 7th Convent

Post by Anaryin »

Yeah, I thought we could merge all of the ideas. Afterall, almost all are coherent :P
Arquinsiel
Shadowdancer

Post by Arquinsiel »

I'll see what I can do.
ImageImageImageImage
Silas
the Mad

Post by Silas »

I'll edit the finished collaboration ;) I do it for the monthly after all...
Anaryin
Lord of the 7th Convent

Post by Anaryin »

!lol! :) Maybe it's time we set up a team no?
Orteo
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Orteo »

No matter what we decide, it has to somehow involve wyrdstone, since gathering wyrdstone is one of the main goals in Mordheim. Whether we plan on bringing it back to Naggaroth or selling it to humans we have to have a specific goal for it.

Another question is where do the henchmen you hire after creation come from? Do they spontaneously generate? Is there some sort of Druchii holding pen? I'm rather lost for ideas on this one.

I think it makes more sense if the HE/Empire meddling was more of a beneficial side affect, and something that extends our interest in the city. Some other reason (Convent party seems popular, but then a sorceress should be the leader, I'm still rather fond of Morathi sending a party) brought the Druchii to Mordheim to begin with, but continued activity, possibly more official, is to do the formentioned tampering.

The other idea you forgot to list was the Mists of Albion one. Rather interesting I think.
We've all begun to die, and don't know what to do.
Since it hurts to pray to God, when God is dying too.
Takes strength to laugh, when you start to drown.
And we dance while the sky crashes down.

-Jason Webley
Anaryin
Lord of the 7th Convent

Post by Anaryin »

Well, we can't do two lists. I think we should go with a more "standard" list. I believe that since discovered, Naggaroth has been sending parties there...

As for the Albion idea, how was it again?
Jhaelrnya
Highborn

Post by Jhaelrnya »

Man...I miss all the fun.

On making a team: yes! Should be done asap.

My ideas for fluff:
I like the "generic" idea. It is my belief that druchii have been sent or set off on their own since Mordhiem was discovered to contain wyrdstone. Would any druchii noble, looking to mkae more money, gain more prestige, and above all else, kill, pass up the City of the Damned? I think not.
It mkaes sense to me that the dark elf warbands range from being shipwrecked, lost, or sent there by noble families, hoping to gain more power and presitge by funding expeditions.
Rork wrote:Because you are bound to turn up to battle dressed as a Christmas tree. I don't like people who condone the trade in Fir.

I'm back! But so very tired...
Orteo
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Orteo »

The same rules list can have multiple sources of motivation. This allows for some more flexibility both in the rules writing and in the writing of individual parties fluff. Since the rules are static we can't display a real change over time there, but we can in the fluff. The more well thought out, well tied together motivations the better, as it adds more depth and possibilities.

As for Albion, it was before I started playing, but the impression I get is that some event happened to reveal the island. Perhaps the Druchii were using the wyrdstone towards this end. Just another possible motivation, and one that shows the careful and patient planning of the Druchii, since this plot would take 500 years to mature.
We've all begun to die, and don't know what to do.
Since it hurts to pray to God, when God is dying too.
Takes strength to laugh, when you start to drown.
And we dance while the sky crashes down.

-Jason Webley
Arquinsiel
Shadowdancer

Post by Arquinsiel »

Mielkith, it would have to go THROUGH Altdorf. Right through the middle. No chance in hell.
ImageImageImageImage
Mielkith
Assassin

Post by Mielkith »

Ah, point taken. I am just working off the map in the first Fanatic magazine, it dosn't go any furthur west then Mordheim. Shame.
Arquinsiel
Shadowdancer

Post by Arquinsiel »

http://www.madalfred.darcore.net/Maps.html, the main map of the empire and the one that shows altdorf. I would have liked to use the idea of a black arc with it's magic unraveling due to the magical shockwave caused by the comet hitting but it's way too far from the coast for that to happen.
ImageImageImageImage
Anaryin
Lord of the 7th Convent

Post by Anaryin »

Yeah, that was my only problem... where is mordheim afterall... I searched the web (and not in the rulebook, smart me..) but I couldn't find...
Anaryin
Lord of the 7th Convent

Post by Anaryin »

Anyways, I started to write a little bit of fluff. I left it at a point where one can see that the warrior is devoted to Morathi (my lady) whereas the chief of the warband (expedition) is devoted to Malekith (my lord). I'll try to add a little more to it and post it later when we have all the stuff organised :)
Arquinsiel
Shadowdancer

Post by Arquinsiel »

Try the steamtank journey flash thingy in the empire section of the GW site. Also, check out my topic since I promised you I'd have a quick go at this.
ImageImageImageImage
Anaryin
Lord of the 7th Convent

Post by Anaryin »

found :)
Arquinsiel
Shadowdancer

Post by Arquinsiel »

When copared with the full map it becomes clear that altdorf presents a minor problem to black arcs traveling Mordheim-wise.
ImageImageImageImage
Anaryin
Lord of the 7th Convent

Post by Anaryin »

Hm hm, I see. It's close to impossible.
Demonyak
Warrior

Post by Demonyak »

The real problem, as far as I see it, is how did the DE discover about the wyrdstone in Mordheim in the first place? If it is no-where near the coast, that rules out a raid. Possibly some sort of magic spell gone wrong? A captured <fill in the blank> could have had it on them when captured by Lord <name> who is now masterminding the warbands. Or even a shade type noble *and* a Khaine devotee noble could both have found out about it and launched opposing forces into Mordheim to try and take over the wyrd stone.

Which leaves the question what are they trying to do with it. One possible answer is to summon an avatar of khaine using it, to generally thrash around and wreak havoc to the greater good of the Druchii. Only you need a LOT of it. So they go to Mordhiem.

This may be plausible for the devotees of khaine, but maybe not for the other type of noble (possibly shades oriented).

Anyway, thoughts?
If at first you don't succeed, sky diving isn't for you.
Arquinsiel
Shadowdancer

Post by Arquinsiel »

It's close to impossible.

Close to yes. On the unhappy side of impossible though.

http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=29677 is our current story. Gewt voting.
ImageImageImageImage