Druchii Warband Proposed Fluff.

Discuss and participate in the development of the Mordheim Druchii warband here.

Moderators: Loflar, The Dread Knights

Use this fluff?

Yes, as is.
76%
No, needs......
24%

Total votes: 25

Mielkith
Assassin

Post by Mielkith »

stop refering to the "CoS" and "ToK" - this is a while back, where the CoS "didn't exist"

Point taken. An alternative idea is to make this warband in the same as the Mercenarys were made (Middenhiem, Riekland and Marienburg). Create the basic warband, slightly weaker then it should be, then add three sets of rules to choose from.

I cannot fathom what these rules could be unril we get past fluff and into the warbands contents. From what the warband is currently: Covent +1 to casting, Temple greater access to poisins, neutral extened leadership range.
Jhaelrnya
Highborn

Post by Jhaelrnya »

"Neutral" should be the normal list. Then give bonuses, with drawbacks, for each other choice. Make it simple too. The mercenary warbands work because they are easy to understand. DIfferent skill chart, and then easy and small speacial rules that set them aside. +1 BS, more gold, more str. Should be simple and to the point.

Where is this emissary character going to fit in? We can't give 6 hero choices, so that leaves what? And you don't want to make the Emissary a sorceress for one, and not for the other, as then one warband hs no magic access. So, can't lose the Sorc. Fellblades are the "core" hero, and you need both. Can't drop 'highborn', as they are the leader, which leaves only the BM. But then that takes away the Beasthounds, and then we have no animal/cheap model.

Also, don't mention "500 gold crowns". Just say they were given gold to purchase warriors and passage.
Rork wrote:Because you are bound to turn up to battle dressed as a Christmas tree. I don't like people who condone the trade in Fir.

I'm back! But so very tired...
Pagan-gerbil
Warrior

Post by Pagan-gerbil »

Do we need to have an emissary in the warband? Could we not say the Emissary hired them, then stayed behind... "Yeah, I'll be here when you get me some wyrdstone / items of power, etc etc..."
www.pagan-gerbil.net
flaunting our deviances since 1997
Anaryin
Lord of the 7th Convent

Post by Anaryin »

Guys, a small thing just to organise. Can anyone post a full summary of all ideas agreed/discussed/in discussion ?

We'd go then idea per idea and avoiding "what about this?" "it has been discussed" things.
Arquinsiel
Shadowdancer

Post by Arquinsiel »

"Neutral" should be the normal list. Then give bonuses, with drawbacks, for each other choice. Make it simple too. The mercenary warbands work because they are easy to understand. DIfferent skill chart, and then easy and small speacial rules that set them aside. +1 BS, more gold, more str. Should be simple and to the point.

Hrm... maybe make a unit like fellblades but able to use missile weapons that becomes a witch elf (and unable to use missile weapons) in the Temple list and a devoted or somesuch in the Convent list. Hrm... possibilities.....
ImageImageImageImage
faerthurir wrote:Arq kicked me in the gyros.
Anaryin
Lord of the 7th Convent

Post by Anaryin »

This is a thread to discuss Fluff issues and as we, all of use, not just the leaders, have agreed, it's better to agree on a fluff basis and then move on to rules. I'm having a troubled time to get to the site and post often but today, I have time and unfortunately to you, I'm in a good mood ;)

First of all, as I said, this is a fluff thread, and, as such, let's discuss FLUFF only. Please, it's really important to have organisation here.

Second, together with a fellow member (thanks ;) ) I've read the whole thread and picked up the most proeminent ideas. Actually, I picked up all those that seemed logical.

The fluff we want and need must fill out these characterisitcs:

- Simple

- Short

- Logical

Call it the SSL way. We need to follow this. The fluff we have is too big and yet it covers only a part of the DE society. I'm not saying it is bad, in fact, I agreed with it in first place, however, I now think it needs a little change.
Mordheim setting does not allow CoP vs ToK. However, I can see CoP, a rising force, going to Mordheim (chaotic connections informing them) to gain power. I can also see ToK moving to meet their foe and trying themselves to gather power. These are two kinds of powers: CoP wants the stone for their rituals, ToK probably to sell and hire mercenaries or alike.
Together with these two forces, there is still the so called "neutral" or regular DE force. These are just mercenaries either hired by one of the factions or just nobles seeking power. I believe that if we can build a fluff text from these ideas we give the player all that he wants to build his force.

Also, rule-wise, this creates possibilities and possibilities.

So, please focus on the fluff :) Let's get this straight and the move on to rules.

Anaryin
Jhaelrnya
Highborn

Post by Jhaelrnya »

Spreading like a disease across the Land of the Chill, the rumours of a city filled with power in a raw form flashed from city to city. Aided along by some mysterious benefactor, many nobles set off to gain power, or to please their new master.
Gaining a foothold on the fog shrouded shore of the Empire, the Dark Elves set up a makeshift port, where all members of their race are able to keep in touch with thier homeland. From here, many druchii set out for the City of the Damned, many with common goals, and many with conflicting motives.

Hows that?
Simple: all bases covered I think, as the benefactor/master could be any dark elf, from some random noble to Morathi/hellebron/Malekith)
Short: only 2 paragraphs
Logical: In my mind at least, it amkes sense. Someone in Naggorond would want wyrdstone, and odds are, the rumours would get their at least by thecostant raiders sent to the un-unified Empire.
Rork wrote:Because you are bound to turn up to battle dressed as a Christmas tree. I don't like people who condone the trade in Fir.

I'm back! But so very tired...
Pagan-gerbil
Warrior

Post by Pagan-gerbil »

I like it... fits the criteria, gives thema good reason to go there. Motives can be detailed in narrative text (like in the mordheim book) and if you're worried about word counts, don't forget some people would like an intro to the dark elves and their character.
www.pagan-gerbil.net
flaunting our deviances since 1997
Anaryin
Lord of the 7th Convent

Post by Anaryin »

We can give a small description of Dark Elves (some players may not know who they are at all) and then enter that description, maybe a little more "descriptive". A little bigger, maybe:

Paragraphs:

1. Who are DE?

2. Why are they in Mordheim?
- Convents
- CoP
- ToK
- Regular elves

3. Conclusion
Ansob.
Follower of Malal

Post by Ansob. »

Anaryin wrote:1. Who are DE?

Many dare not speak of the High Elves’ evil kin, the Druchii, or the Dark Elves as they are better known. They are a race for whom pain and pleasure have been pushed to the ultimate extreme. They leave destruction and despair in their wake and are more greatly feared than the barbaric Orcs and no less so than the tainted forces of Chaos and Undeath. To the victims of the Druchii, it is the fortunate to whom a quick death is gifted, for this twisted folk roam the Known World in search of slaves, to be worked to death in their mines, ripped apart on the altars to their god, Khaine, or tortured mercilessly by the Brides of Khaine, the Witch Elves. Dark Elves take a perverse delight in inflicting pain upon others just to see their victims suffer.

*cough* That's the exact fluff, taken from the .pdf Lustria roster (modified to fit Mordheim) and therefore completely GW-quality... ;)

Edit [2 - tweaked]:
Jhaelrnya wrote:Spreading like a disease across the Land of the Chill, the rumours of a place filled with power in raw and tangible form flashed from city to city. Aided by some mysterious benefactor, many nobles set off to acquire power, or to please their new master. Gaining a foothold on the fog shrouded shore of the Empire, the Dark Elves set up a makeshift port, where all members of their race are able to keep in touch with their homeland. From here, many druchii set out for the City of the Damned; many with common goals, and many with conflicting motives.

This is it. This is perfect. Short, simple and logical. I vote in favor of.
Last edited by Ansob. on Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
General Kala wrote:
Cenyu wrote:Hail to the King, baby.
All my eloquence fails to express it as well as this.
Mielkith
Assassin

Post by Mielkith »

Can we set it out like the human mercenarys?
A paragraph on Dark Elve background in general (make it short) then three paragraphs for slaanesh side of things, the Temple and the neutrals.
Each paragraph detailing their history, there attitudes to the other three, who heads them up and things they excell in.

Example of Middenhiemers:
they have in this order, Location, leader, roll in society, short history and attitudes to the church of Sigmar. Then a second paragraph telling us their physical attributes, what they wear and subtle hint of what you should do with them. (they are scary on the charge).
Anaryin
Lord of the 7th Convent

Post by Anaryin »

Mielkith is also correct, we should include explanations for the CoP and ToK, why are they there, etc :)