Pre-Beta Release PT results

Discuss and participate in the development of the Mordheim Druchii warband here.

Moderators: Loflar, The Dread Knights

Ansob.
Follower of Malal

Pre-Beta Release PT results

Post by Ansob. »

I was asked for it; go ahead and post any and all results for the A4 PT sessions here. Please try to be as detailed as possible, and focus on what seemed to you out of place (too powerful, too weak, etc.). The A3.5 thread remains open, since I believe some had campaigns still going on with it. :)
Last edited by Ansob. on Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
General Kala wrote:
Cenyu wrote:Hail to the King, baby.
All my eloquence fails to express it as well as this.
Tal_1173
Warrior

Playtest between experienced Dark elf and Orc Warband

Post by Tal_1173 »

I unfortunately do not have a copy of my opponent's army list. I will do my best to remember... This warband was made using a bloodshade with a +1BS, and +1L as compared to a shade.

Orc Warband
Orc leader w/double handed axe, helmet (2 wounds)
Orc big un's w/two weapons and helmet
Orc shaman w/three spells
3 Orcs w/two weapons and helmet and bows
5 Goblins w/spear and helmets (two with squig prodders) and bows
1 fanatic
4 squigs
1 troll

Dark Elf Warband
Noble w/HA, SDC, helmet, repeater crossbow, and 2 Dark Steel swords
+1 WS, +1W, +1 L
Combat Master
Sword Master
Fury of Khaine
Causes Fear

Lordling w/sword, dagger, repeater, and helmet
+1 WS, +1A, -1 W
Lightning reflexes
Fey Quickness
Dodge

Lordling w/sword, dagger, repeater, and helmet
+1WS, +1 S
Lightning reflexes
Fey Quickness
Immune fear

Sorceress w/ sword, dagger, repeater, and helmet
-1 WS
Doombolt
Sorcery
Master of Poisons

Bloodshade w/Sword, dagger, repeater, and helmet
WS 6, +1A
Quickshot
Master of Poisons
Infiltration

4 shades w/sword, dagger, repeater, and helmet
+1 BS, +1L

We rolled the encounter where each warband controls opposite quarters of the map. I then rolled the creation of 3 doses of darkvenom. Two doses went to my leader's swords, and one to the bloodshade’s repeater. I set my shades and sorceress in the same building (second floor) aiming towards the greenies. My bloodshade was placed in a building on the other side of the map to lay a crossfire. My three close combat people were placed between the shades and the bloodshade, in the open on the ground.

The greenies were separated into two groups with the leader, troll, Biguns, squigs and herders going towards my close combat people. The henchmen orcs and goblins went for my shades and sorc.

Round 1:
I went first, but very little was in range of my repeaters. My bloodshade was able to shoot at the troll. He caused two wounds, one of which was regenerated. I then moved my CC group towards the orc leader group.

He moved all his things forward with the squigs bouncing really well (all four over 7 inches). He fired a few shots with his bows, but was unable to either hit or wound.

Round 2:
I unleashed hell with my repeaters. The troll lost another wound and I took down three squigs and a Big 'un. Doombolt knocked the troll down. My CC group was barely able to charge his leader and troll. His leader was able to avoid damage, but the troll was taken out of action.

After passing his route check... His bows were able to knock down one of my shades, and his shaman took out a shade and knocked down another (I forgot the name of the spell). His other Big' un took out one of my lordlings. My leader was able to wound his leader, wounded my leader. His last squig and herders were able to take out my other lordling (the shame!). His goblins charged up a ramp to the second floor and engaged my shades, stunned one shade and took out another. My shades then took out two goblins.

Round 3:
After passing my route check... Since all enemies were now in close combat there was no shooting phase. My leader was able to take out his leader with a critical hit. My shade and took out one more goblin. My sorceress moved out of charge range hoping to cast doombolt on someone next round.

He failed his route test

Out of action totals...
Dark elves
2 lordlings
3 shades

Orcs
Leader
2 big un's
3 squigs
3 goblins

Thoughts:
For the most part the two warbands seemed evenly matched. However he did not like the master of poisons skills since that skill is what allowed the bloodshade to help take down his troll. He also thought he was too cavalier in the way he charged into the little trap I had set. I was excited when he charged into the middle of my two groups of repeaters and in charge range of my leader group... At the same I was probably a little aggressive trying to stand toe to toe with a troll, two big ‘uns, and his leader... still it was fun to try. You gotta love the lucky and needed critical hit at the critical moment.

I should have a playtest report of the current list with the beastmaster after this weekend.
Loflar
Warband Noble
Warband Noble

Post by Loflar »

Breakthrough vs. Bretonnians
=======================
Druchii:
Noble: Sword, RXB, Helmet, SDC
Lordling: Halberd, RXB, Helmet
Sorceress: Sword, Witchflight
Beastmaster: Sword, Whip
2 Shades: Sword, RXB
2 dogs

Bretonnians:
3 knights, 2 squires, 3 bowmen, 2 MAA

Bretonnians were attacking. And they got the blessing of some lady...

We were a bit low on houses, with only those from the Mordheim box and one tower. Those buildings were aroud the battlefield, while most of inside was randomly filled with the statue, several trees and a well.

The tower was at Bretonnians right side, and they were going to use it. Two bowmen, one knight and one MAA was prepared there, while the rest of their band was on their left flank, hidden behind the "pub" (the two floor building with part of the roof).

I decided to destroy the shooting group before it gets to the tower. I prepared a strike group behind a tree on my left flank, consisting of lordling, beastmaster and dogs. Noble with shades occupied ruins on my right flank to slow the advancing group. Sorceres was behind the statue in the middle.

Bretonnians went forward on both sides. My strike group ran forward, so now the two groups were on neighbouring sides of the tower, not seeing each other. Noble and shades hided, one of shades climbed to the first floor. Sorceress flew to the first floor of the pub, where she could safely insult and (more importantly) march-block them.

Bretonnian shooting group retreated a bit, the main group changed direction to support the shooting group. Someone tried to shoot at my lordling, but without result. I sent the dogs forward, so they could get a clear view of the Bretonian meat, providind the lordling, standing behind them, with dog shields at the same time. Beastmaster hided behind the tower. Lordling, noble and shades managed to get some shots through the curse of the lady, but did not hurt anyone.

Bretonnian MAA and knight went a bit before the two archers to protect them from my charge. Main group approached closer, leaving one squire by the pub to accompany my sorceress. An archer from the main group shot through the window at my sorceress, fortunately not hurting her. The two archers of the shooting group put one of my dogs OOA and knocked the other one down.

Dog recovered, beastmaster and lordling charged the MAA. Dog went slowly after them. Sorceress climbed down to charge the lonely squire next turn (in did not try it this turn, because the main group was still too close). Bretonnians were now partially hidden, partially out of range, so my noble and one shade ran after them. The other shade tried to do it as well, jumped down from the first floor and killed himself.... In combat, lordling missed the MAA but beastmaster put him OOA.

Bretonnian knight charged beastmaster. The main group sent one MAA to the shooting group, the rest stayed. All archers fired at my lordling, with no result. Squire shot at noble, got a critical hit and knocked him down. So much for SDC. Beastmaster - knight duel tied.

Then I routed.

Maybe it will change if the new armour rules come into effect, but now I think, that for an SDC and a helmet I coud get a corsair with sword...
Ansob.
Follower of Malal

Post by Ansob. »

You starting a new campaign with the A4? Great. You rock. :P

Any postbattle action?

And yes, the sdc is expensive, just like all armour. You basically have three possibilities:
- either take none and max out on models;
- wait for the new armour rules to be official or use the trial ones;
- or do what I do, tank out.
General Kala wrote:
Loflar
Warband Noble
Warband Noble

Post by Loflar »

A neutral shade of black. wrote:You starting a new campaign with the A4?

No. It was just a random game. A35 camaign should continue, probably in February.

Any postbattle action?

Dinner.

- either take none and max out on models;

I was considering it, but then decided to take it, to have some elven equipment ;-)
Cat-the-odd
Beastmaster

Post by Cat-the-odd »

Well well well.

I had 2 games last weekend with the Alpha4 Druchii. The first game was against Dwarfs, the second was a 4on4 with Dwarfs, Vampire, Orcs and me.
Since I had no time to make a report yet I'll summarize the Battles shortly. If anyone wants some pictures - lets see what it brings up.

I was fielding:
Noble (Kerath) La,Sw,Dg,Sh,He,RxB
Lordling (Tosach) La,Sw,Dg,He
Lordling (Harkoth) La,Sw,Dg,He
Sorceress (Cathair - don't dare to spell her cat-hair!) Dg2,Doombolt
2 Corsairs (Lakoth Brothers) La,Sp,Sh
Shade (Hinthri Clan) Dg2,RxB

Game 1: Druchii vs. Dwarfs

He had: Chef Pistols, 2 Slayers, XB Mechanic, 2 XBowers, a Beardling hero and a beardling. They had no Armour.

The scenario was unexpected encounter. I set up first and made the dwarf to set his troops in the farest corner of the table :roll:. I sent one Lordling with a Corsair each on both 'flanks' while Sorc, Noble and shade were in buildings for shooting.
Unfortunately the sorc was taken o.o.a. in dwarfen turn one after failing the cast before. The other shooting was mostly between my RxB and his 3 XBows (in total) on a building. I hit his mechanic, who fell down 5", but was not killed :x. The shade went down the next turn and then I decided for CC at least with Harkoth and his Corsair. The only mistake was to let Tosach and his corsair standing away from each other that the Dwarfs could charge only the Henceman (with 3 dwarfs!) and Tosach was open for XBow fire, wich took him o.o.a.. The CC was nice and evil. The lonely Corsair held and Hakoth+Corsair stunnd 2 slayers and knocked the Dwarfen chef down.
Then it was my turn and ...
I faild the route test... !mad!
So no XP of the next CCphase for the 3 dwarfs (ok I had to wound one of them, but...) He had all his heros, my warpstone and some xp and the shade died taking the saved 20gc fot the rxb with him *gnarwl*

Conclusion:
The feared and respected rule helped a lot! It gave me one additional turn and nobody complained about it. (Well I had not a all-rxb&gw-warband)
The Hero+Corsair teams worked quite well.

Game 2
The Dwarfs were the same, but tooled up. The had a mercenary availabe and took an ogre...
The Vamp was just a Vamp (HA,Sh,Sw), 9 Zombos, 2 Wolfs, 3 Dregs (Dg,Bow) (Lack of models -> he took very old Bretonians)
The Orcs were just some orcs and gobbos some bows and spears and ugly looking weapons.

Orc and Vamp took a free part of the table edge to beat each other while the DE moved forward to the table center. The dwarf went in direction to the vamp. I made first Blood with the last RxB and put a slayer o.o.a. I Killed then 1 orc and a 2 gobbos in CC and then the vamp and orc made enought damage to each other (incl. the vamp) that they had to do the route test and both failed. Leaving me and the dwarf on the table. I decided to route (I had to test anyway due to the Crossbowdwarfs).

One corsair died, so I had to spend the gold on a new one...

The Conclusion here is again that the feared and respected rule saved me one turn expanding my playing duration to the average of the others. The Performance in CC is very good and I can't await to get som darksteel stuff!

Well well well.
This shall be enough!
../¨¨¨|
.|ô/ô 9..Real sportsmen hunt with arrows and fish with flies.
.~~ /|...Real gentlemen play games which require skill, not tools.
.|__/\...Extraordinary gentlemen even win with them.
.[>o<]...Welcome to the League of Extraordinary Druchii Gentlemen
Cat-the-odd
Beastmaster

Post by Cat-the-odd »

I had a game last sunday against my 'mostly beloved' orc foe and his young brother with some middenheimers.

I had: ("Kerath's Alpha4 Raiders" :lol: )
Noble (Kerath) La,Sw,Dg,Sh,He,RxB
Lordling (Tosach) La,Sw,Dg,He
Lordling (Harkoth) La,Sw,Dg,He
Sorceress (Cathair - don't dare to spell her cat-hair!) Dg2,Doombolt
2 Corsairs (Lakoth Brothers) La,Sp,Sh

The Orcs were many!
Leader Sw,Dg,Bow
2 Big'Uns Ax,Ax
2 Orcs Sp,Sh
3 Orcs Bow,?
3-4 Goblins Sp,Sh
1 Goblin Dg,Dg

The Humans:
3 Heros with Pistols and various Weapons (incl chef)
2 Swordmen Sw,Sh
Youngblood Hlb
Youngblood 2Hd

The scenario was Treasure hunt:
Deployment in the corners:

O.........H

............D

We all advanced to the buildings and only moved till turn 3.
Many of the orc hencemen argued about what to do with the treasure (many animosity tests failed).

As nobody was able to roll 12's the building in the far est corner yielded the treasure and since elves have movement 5 I got it.
I charged several greenskins at the center to avoid their interference with my path back. The humans advanced more to the corner to take me.

After three turns with a decent show of incompetence in CC I lost my two corsairs. The Sorceress casted many times the doombolt unabble to wound or even to take o.o.a.

Needless to say that I failed the rout test and left the treasure on the field...

The others faught a bit further until the human player had to route

I lost one of the corsairs and lost by a few gc the game (summing up)

Consequences:
- Take cheaper hencemen! Expensive eqipment is good for Heros where it is not lost that fast.
- The fear of the druchii skills and equipment is quite big, The orc leader attacked my corsair with same WS better armoursave instead of the Hero with a sword and dagger :o
- Sword, Fey Quickness, Lucky charm and Armour give many save rolls - It was fun to do that (i failed them all, but hey - it's a game)

Now I have bought a shade and swithched the spear and shield from the corsair to one of my heros with 2 attacks. I also took a Darksteel Sword fo Kerath and a DS Dagger for the sorceress, just only to test the rules
:roll:
../¨¨¨|
Cat-the-odd
Beastmaster

Post by Cat-the-odd »

Well, after heavy blackmailing our Orc player ("You'll get a free snotling for lunch!"), as ANSOB suggested, we finally had a game.

Kerath's Alpha4 Raiders
Noble (Kerath) La,DSw,Dg,He StessoCounterFeintAttack
Lordling (Tosach) La,Sh,Sw,Dg,He,Rxb
Lordling (Harkoth) La,Sh,Sp,Dg,He 2A
Sorceress (Cathair - don't dare to spell her cat-hair!) DDg,Dg,Doombolt
Corsair (Lakoth Brothers) La,Sw,Dg WS5
Shade (Hinthri Clan) Sw,Dg,Bow

Orcs
Boss La,Sw,Dg,Bow...
2 Big'UnsAx+Ax,Hlm
3 BoyzDg, Bow
2 Boyz Sp,Sh
3-4 Gobbos

It turned into a streetfight. The game was amusing for the orc: 3 T4+Bow Guys and a hating Big'Un took the left side of the central part, the others the right side. No way for even the fastes elf to slip through. The Key points were that Kerath and the Corsair stuck in a combat that didn't want to end. 3 CC phases hitting on 3's and rolling 1's and 2's. He had to take rout tests first but made them all. The shade dive-pierced the hating orc and harkoth dive-charged the grass, stunned, charged by the Orcboss... you see. bad fortune stuff :evil: . The other heros were taken out in only one round together, so only the corsair was left and I chose to stay. The corsair took out the most enemies, because the orcplayer avoided my cc-heros.
All Elves recovered.... :D
Sum: My Guys got XP
Which skill shall I give the Sorc? She has already the "6+ save". A spell?

Questions wich turned up:
Has the failed attack roll be one on the hero with the counterattack skill himself, or is BtB sufficient?
../¨¨¨|
Ansob.
Follower of Malal

Post by Ansob. »

Can't counter an attack not directed at you. Against the hero only, I'm afraid.
General Kala wrote:
Loflar
Warband Noble
Warband Noble

Post by Loflar »

A neutral shade of black. wrote:Can't counter an attack not directed at you. Against the hero only, I'm afraid.

Exactly.
Cat-the-odd
Beastmaster

Post by Cat-the-odd »

I played it like that, anyway. So nothing's done wrong.

Another question:
How much can you reroll a die?
This came up with the rabbit's foot. Can you reroll the lucky charm? Can you reroll the rerolled casting die from the mind focus?
../¨¨¨|
Loflar
Warband Noble
Warband Noble

Post by Loflar »

I think that the rules say, somewhere, that you can reroll any die once at most. But I do not remember where.
Cat-the-odd
Beastmaster

Post by Cat-the-odd »

Yes, for WHFB it is definately this way, but I don't know about mortheim stuff. Since rerolled rerolls occur only with the rabbits foot it is not that critical and reflects "real luck".
Fact is that I didn't reroll a mind-focused casting roll and did not manage to unleash a doombolt on the orc leader... [Next time I'll get him. For the glory of slavery, hatred and murder!]
../¨¨¨|
Cat-the-odd
Beastmaster

Post by Cat-the-odd »

Kerath's Alpha4 Raiders
(missing: Noble (Kerath) La,DSw,Dg,He StessoCounterFeintAttack)
Lordling (Tosach) La,Sh,Sw,Dg,He,Rxb
Lordling (Harkoth) La,Sh,Sp,Dg,He 2A
Sorceress (Cathair - don't dare to spell her cat-hair!)
DDg,Dg,Doombolt,FeyQuickness,Dodge,Mindfocus
1 Corsair (Lakoth Brothers) La,Sw,Dg WS5
1 Shade (Hinthri Clan) Sw,Dg,Bow

Orcs
Boss La,Sw,Dg,Bow.. 2A, T5 in CC (ouch)
Big'Un Ax+Ax,Hlm,2A
Big'Un Ax+Ax,Hlm,M3
3 Boyz Dg, Bow
1 Boyz Dg,Dg
3-4 Gobbos Sp,Sh

Well after the last stupid battle (orcs got more gold towards a troll) we both went to a little Wyrdstone Hunt with one ("No.1") stone placed in a building, reachable via stairs and the other one ("No.2") on the small pieces of a 3rd floor, w/o stairs. The setting was coverd with all of the buildings we had, scattered just by unpacking them, so very few long lines of sight.

I splitted the five of mine in two groups: Harkoth and the shade for the No2 stone, far away. Sorc, Lordling and Corsair to make the No1 stone sure.
The orcs were the 3 archers on the side of the No1 stone, the boss in the center and biguns on the No2 side. gobbos scattered around/between

I tried to reach No1 with the Sorc while the corsair should deny the Target for the archers with the lordling as backup/shooter.
The shade and lordling on the other side were not expected to reach the stone, but shall marchblock and devide the orcs.

What happened:

I got No1, casting many doombolts to slow the orcs down (why not killing? hmpf) The Corsair even lost an all alone test, survived and got out of range. This side was brilliant! They took in the end 3 orcs and 1 gobbo out and were freed to turn to the rest of the mob.

The orc player sent only one gobbo into the building while advancing with the others to kill my two guys. The lordling charged to block them and was taken out by the 3 Axe attacks of the bigun, while the shade sneaked and snipered towards the building, climbing into it and reaching the stone before the greenskins could make enough ini tests.

Until this phase everything was OK... I had only one hero o.o.a and one "flank" freed, rout tests for the orcs...

So I followed, too self confident to make as much damage as possible (I don't want to play against a troll again...)
Well, the orcboss chopped my corsair and lordling in no time (I did'nt know about the 2A before ... )
After that I had enough and routed.

So the Corsair of the Lakoth Brotherhood died, being too weak to kill even a greenskin (orcboss or not), the rest recovered.
The Shade got more Strength, the Sorc a skill (Master of Poisons)

Instead of a Corsair I bought a Baestmaster, after the other player agreed that the whip is a beastmaster-tool and the Bolt from the rbt crewman looks a bit like a beastmaster-tool... (we try to play as much as wysiwyg as we can - so I have to live with my whfb stuff as it grows...)
../¨¨¨|
Cat-the-odd
Beastmaster

Post by Cat-the-odd »

Well.. Kerath died yesterday, together with two other heros. What can I say? A Vampire with A4 S5 is a really nasty guy. (Did I fail my saves becaus I smashed this very vampire in whfb an hour before?)
So I'll send the remaining three guys back to the land of chill, taking away their names for a reuse. So, where can elves put their 20gc-discount-rxb, that you cannot see it on the model?
Are the undead creatures immunt to dark venom and if so, are their armoursaves, too?
And how shall I pray to the dicegods that I roll the Doombolt again?

Stay tuned, my radio rabbits.
../¨¨¨|
Arquinsiel
Shadowdancer

Post by Arquinsiel »

Disband your warband and re-hire the experienced members of the old one? I know you can do it in Necromunda and Gorkamorka (although the rules for that are a bit... stupid).
ImageImageImageImage
faerthurir wrote:Arq kicked me in the gyros.
Cat-the-odd
Beastmaster

Post by Cat-the-odd »

NoNoNo,
I'll use only the names, because I don't want to think about new ones...
../¨¨¨|
Arquinsiel
Shadowdancer

Post by Arquinsiel »

Fair enough. I'm generally a role-play nut when it comes to these things, the same name is generally the same character etc.
ImageImageImageImage
faerthurir wrote:Arq kicked me in the gyros.