Cyandri's Raiders

Discuss and participate in the development of the Mordheim Druchii warband here.

Moderators: Loflar, The Dread Knights

Loflar
Warband Noble
Warband Noble

Post by Loflar »

Dwarves ignore special rules for maces, clubs etc. Wicked edge is not a club. The special rule mentions bludgeoning weapons. Sword with wicked edge is not a bludgeoning weapon, therefore dwarves can not ignore this rule. IMHO.
Ansob.
Follower of Malal

Post by Ansob. »

Okay, so what he said. I haven't bothered to read the dwarf roster.
General Kala wrote:
Cenyu wrote:Hail to the King, baby.
All my eloquence fails to express it as well as this.
Cenyu
Khaindar

Post by Cenyu »

Friggin great. Shodan, my second Shade also rolled "Lad's got talent". So I have two Shades who each have rolled it once.

Seb's warband already contains two Thunderer heroes, both promoted after reaching 2 XP.

That is so very, very frustrating.

Detailed update will follow tomorrow.
Cenyu
Khaindar

Post by Cenyu »

Cyandri's Raiders after 8 games: 5/3

1 gold crown in the stash. Yay!

Heroes:

Cyandri (Noble) @ 30 Exp, Kill Count: 1

Jewelled Sword, Axe, Repeater Crossbow, Light Armour, Helmet, Sea Dragon Cloak

Lightning Reflexes, Fear of Heights, Horrible Scars & Skull Face (Oy vey)

Phytria (Sorceress) @ 31 Exp, Kill Count: 11 (!)

Sword, Jewelled Dagger

Spells "Black Blade of Khaine" & "Death Spasm", Jump Up, raised WS twice and Ld once.

Sengai (Lordling) @ 20 Exp, Kill Count: 2

Sword, Axe, Repeater Crossbow, Helmet

Step Aside, Fey Quickness, Strike To Injure, Blinded in one Eye

"Lucky" Kaigar (Lordling) @ 16 Exp, Kill Count: 1

Amputated Leg, Enmity against Seb's Engineer, Unyielding Hatred, Psychosis, Bad Luck, Mace Tail, raised BS

Athyra (Beast Mistress) @ 17 Exp, Kill Count: 3

Sword, Beastlash, Helmet

Counter Attack, Master of Poisons, raised WS once

Henchmen:

Navra III (Witch Elf) @ 1 Exp, Kill Count: 2

Sword, Axe

Sinyadu III (Witch Elf) @ 0 Exp, Kill Count: 0

Sword, Axe

Djiin "Keen Eye" (Shade) @ 6 Exp, Kill Count: 2

Free Dagger, Dagger, Bow

Raised BS, raised Strength, re-rolled "Lad's got talent"

Shodan (Shade) @ 5 Exp, Kill Count: 2

Sword, Axer, Bow

Raised Ld, raised attacks, re-rolled "Lad's got talent"

Rend III & Maim IV (Slave Hounds) @ 0 Exp, Combined Kill Count: 4

Kill Counts include previous incarnations - yeah, the IIIs and IVs mean that I have re-bought the respective warrior twice or thrice. Meh. :-/

I got pretty crippled financially after two consecutive losses to Seb's murderous Stunties - my Witch Elves kept dying and demanded replacement.

The hilarious highlight of the games last week was when a single "Burning Building" random happening caused three members of my warband (Dog, Witch, Pit Fighter HS aquired through another happening) to choke on the S1 smoke hits in one turn (yes, they all were taken OOA). One of them (the Witch Elf of course) even died as a result. Argh! :D

Better luck next time I think.

Note the kill count of Phytria - she has become a real killer.
Cenyu
Khaindar

Post by Cenyu »

Cyandri's Raiders after 10 games: 6/4

Again exactly 1 gold crown in the stash. Plus one shard.

Heroes:

Cyandri (Noble) @ 32 Exp, Kill Count: 1

Jewelled Sword, Axe, Repeater Crossbow, Light Armour, Helmet, Sea Dragon Cloak, Tarot Cards

Lightning Reflexes, Fear of Heights, Horrible Scars & Skull Face (Oy vey), 2 wounds

Phytria (Sorceress) @ 33 Exp, Kill Count: 11 (!)

Sword, Jewelled Dagger

Spells "Black Blade of Khaine" & "Death Spasm", Jump Up, raised WS thrice and Ld once. Has -1 Ld Serious injury, so d'uh! But WS 6, yay!

Sengai (Lordling) @ 22 Exp, Kill Count: 2

Step Aside, Fey Quickness, Strike To Injure, Blinded in one Eye, Warm Blooded (yeah, the negative counter-part of Cold Blooded)

"Lucky" Kaigar (Lordling) @ 17 Exp, Kill Count: 1

Axe, Repeater Crossbow, Helmet, Light Armour, Shield

Amputated Leg, Enmity against Seb's Engineer, Unyielding Hatred, Psychosis, Bad Luck, Mace Tail, raised BS, Sprint, Enormously Fat (Movement 2.... - how can one single warrior mutate so often?)

Athyra (Beast Mistress) @ 18 Exp, Kill Count: 3

Sword, Beastlash, Helmet, Light Armour

Counter Attack, Master of Poisons, raised WS once

Henchmen:

Navra III (Witch Elf) @ 3 Exp, Kill Count: 3

Sword, Axe

Sinyadu III (Witch Elf) @ 1 Exp, Kill Count: 0

Sword, Axe

Djiin "Keen Eye" (Shade) @ 9 Exp, Kill Count: 2

Sword, Dagger, Bow

Raised BS, raised Strength, re-rolled "Lad's got talent", raised Initiative

Iyendra (Corsair) @ 0 Exp, Kill Count: 0

Sword, Axe, Helmet

Rend III & Maim IV (Slave Hounds) @ 0 Exp, Combined Kill Count: 4

Well... Seb's warband includes 6 heroes from which 3 are crossbow-wielders with quickshot. Plus additional 3 Thunderers with xbows. 2 Slayers, an enormously fat leader with 4 attacks or so and the rest are clansmen.

Plenty of WS 5 around plus helmets and Dwarf Axes galore.

It has become quite frustrating playing them, especially with the useless advances I rolled.

€: Did I mention that Shodan, my second Shad who already had rolled "Lad's got talent" once got killed in the last game? I don't think I'll ever receive a sixth hero.
Cenyu
Khaindar

Post by Cenyu »

Update:

Cyandri's Raiders were stomped after today's Mordheim evening. Their spree of losses had continued for three further games against Seb's Power Dwarfs in whose course my Elves were severely crippled.

I end this campaign with solely my five initial heroes and a new-bought Witch alive.

None of my command has survived unscarred, they all had their share of serious injuries. The highlight simply has to be Kaygar who managed to mutate three times (he now was a one-legged, twitching, hateful extremely fat specimen of living crystal with an additional mace tail). Followed by Cyandri who had acquired a fear of high buildings, a collection of impressive scars which fail to stand out since the skin melted from his face and a nervous condition. Sengai now also has a little tick and one less eye - but therefore an impressive beak. :D

My ladies fared better - Phytria only suffers from a certain kind of warm bloodedness while Athyra has a minor nerve damage.

Djiin, my second almost heroic shade died in action and did not get the dsired promotion.

Between 12 and 15 Slavehounds were wasted in the course of the campaign.

A corsair did not manage to make any impact on the game and died from shame respectively.

My Witch Elves also had to suffer terrible losses which cost my budget dear.

Well, it was fun to play this list - I didn't have the opportunity to test all features (Darksteel e.g.) but I don't find the Druchii overpowered - if this campaign showed one thing, then that Dwarfs are nigh unbeatable in straight deathmatch settings without many vertical situations.

Better luck next week with a new list and generally using more terrain.