Cabal of the Night Heart

Discuss and participate in the development of the Mordheim Druchii warband here.

Moderators: Loflar, The Dread Knights

Cenyu
Khaindar

Cabal of the Night Heart

Post by Cenyu »

Basic layout:

Shodan, Noble @ 20 XP

Sword, Axe, Crossbow Pistol

Medea, Sorceress @ 12 XP

Axe, Dagger, Spell "Doombolt"

Noctu, Lordling @ 12 XP

Axe, Dagger, Repeater Crossbow

Kuros, Lordling @ 12 XP

Axe, Dagger, Repeater Crossbow

Soria, Beast Mistress @ 8 XP

Axe, Dagger

Aenestra, Witch Elf @ 0 XP

Axe, Dagger

Phtia, Witch Elf @ 0 XP

Axe, Dagger

Hanilkar, Corsair @ 0 XP

Axe, Dagger

8 models, warband rating 104.

As you see I did not include Shades and Slave Hounds this time - I wanted to try something new by including three henchmen capable of earning experience from the start - which means three potential chances on the coveted "Lad's got talent" roll.

My Noble got a Crossbow Pistol - packing some missile punch whileable to aid in close combat, too.

So much for theory - proceed to the first game:

Occupy against Seb's Kislevites

Objective was to hold the most out of three buildings in the center of the map after 8 turns. The opponent warband consisted out of human rabble which had already been through two or three battles before.

12 Kislevites -

Heroes:
Druzhina Captain
Esaul
Bear Tamer
2 Young Bloods
Talented Cossack (Seb has the uncanny ability to roll "Lad's got talent" with a henchman group whenever they reach 2 XP - f*ck this)

Henchmen:
3 Cossacks
3 Strelzi with Crossbows

Okay, numbers definitely were against me - and since the scenario didn't require warbands to take rout tests I would not have the chance to simply scare the humans away. Damn.

The game commenced and we both quickly advanced towards the center and the objective buildings, this time barely hindered by random happenings. :D
(Apart from the occasional crazed Flagellant I mean)

Seb parked one of his henchmen in the closest objective building on his side - I didn't do the same thing since I reckoned I would need all man power to keep him from occupying the crucial third building in the middle.

Thus carnage ensued in said middle of the map - highlights included a battle Druzhina vs. Noctu with 4 rounds of misses and no wounds. Yay.

My Highborn managed to dispose a Cossack but was shot to death by the Strelzi exexuction command appearing behind his foe.

Medea, my Sorceress unleashed Dark Magic on the Kislevites and in fact managed to hinder their advance a bit and even take out one of them with a Dark Bolt. A second warrior (can't remember which one) was killed by her in cooperation with my Corsair. Again, my Sorceress seemed to be the best fragger in my warband. :D

The left flank of mybattle line... err... carnage heap was conducted rather unsuccessfully by Beast Mistress Soria and the two Witch Elves - suffering from severe rubber weapon syndrome and eventually overwhelmed by the sheer outnumbering power of the Kislevites.

Game ended with only my Sorceress and Noctu standing on my side and about half of Seb's warband taken OOA - well, he won solely due to his single henchman parked in the objective building - neither of the two other objectives had been claimed by either side at the end of turn 8.

How did it work out?

My three henchmen survived - thank Khaine for that! But neither did they gain experience - so much for my plan to roll "Lad's got talent" as soon as possible. Duh.

Soria recovered fully just as my leader Shodan.
Kuros suffered a leg wound and now is reduced to a merely human movement rate.
Medea advanced and learned "Mind Focus" - even greater chance to successfully cast "Doom Bolt"- yay!
Noctu gained "Master of Poisons".
Nadir the Shad joined my warband and was equipped with a bow I robbed from Seb's Bear Tamer. :D

Stay tuned, next match is scheduled for next week end.
Cenyu
Khaindar

Re: Cabal of the Night Heart

Post by Cenyu »

The Cabal after their uhm... 5th game:

Shodan, Noble @ 29 XP

Sword, Axe, Repeater Crossbow, Helmet, Sea Dragon Cloak

Advances: Skill "Strike to Injure", raised BS

Medea, Sorceress @ 20 XP

Axe, Sword, Spells "Doombolt" & "Soul Stealer"

Advances: Skill "Mind Focus", raised T

Noctu, Lordling @ 20 XP

Axe, Sword, Crossbow Pistol, Repeater Crossbow, Helmet

Advances: Skill "Master of Poisons", raised BS, raised I

Serious Injuries: Hand Injury

Kuros, Lordling @ 16 XP

Axe, Dagger, Repeater Crossbow with prepared Dark Venom applied

Advances: Raised W

Serious Injuries: Leg Wound

Soria, Beast Mistress @ 12 XP

Axe, Sword

Advances: Raised WS

Serious Injuries: Nervous Condition

Aenestra, Witch Elf @ 1 XP

Axe, Sword

Phtia, Witch Elf @ 2 XP

Axe, Sword

Advances: Raised WS

Hanilkar, Corsair @ 3 XP

Axe, Dagger

Advances: Raised S (potential for promotion - LGT re-rolled - Go Hanilkar!)

Nadir, Shade @ 3 XP

Bow, Dagger

Advances: Raised S

Talassa, Witch Elf @ 0 XP

10 models, rating 156

I still fail to keep the Witches alive. Ah well.

Fun fact: My Possessed yesterday fought Seb's Middenheimer warband in a hidden treasure setting - I rolled double 6 for the first house I searched and won the game (we agreed on a breakthrough like continue because else I would have won within 2 rounds or so - ut even then I routed his wolf worshippers). Hehe. :D