Talk about all aspects of the Nemesis Crown summer campaign here

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Khel
Angel of Darkness

Tomb Kings Siege of Altdorf?

Post by Khel »

http://nemesis.au.games-workshop.com/in ... _kings.htm

Check for yourself.
Would you think that with Tomb Kings setting off into the Empire, would they actually have the guts to lay siege to Altdorf for the magical items they once owned?
Saldrimek Xenan - WS6 / S4 / T3 / D5 / I3

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Inventory: Amulet of Darkness, Poison Vials x7, Deadly Poison Vials x8
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 163
Skills: Ambidexterity, Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting, Ride
Class: Khainite
Prince of arnheim
Renegade Reaver

Post by Prince of arnheim »

I like how we are just going to kill whatever we can get our hands on. Very resourcefull of us since we already know we won't make it anywhere knew the crown. Seems like a good opportunity to further our strangelhold on Northern Ulthulan.

Quite alot of good info on this Nemesis site....thanks...
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

Don't thank me...thank our friendly neighborhood spiderma....Rork!

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Tich
Highborn

Post by Tich »

i think that you would have to be crazy to lay siege to altdorf. then again the tomb kings brains rotted away like a thousand years ago so what the hay. let it happen
"I have this magic sword, it kills people when you stick it in them"
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

But the Tomb Kings can just do the same the VC did long ago. Though TG have catapults and chariots to run down the mages ;)

Vel demere
Dark Rider

Post by Vel demere »

Surely Altdorf si not part of this campaign, it doesn't appear on any of the maps.
Darkspear
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Darkspear »

THe tombking part is IMO the coolest fluff in the campaign. Anyway its not a siege, they are just going over to "ask the city of Altdorf" nicely. its not a long drawn battle but more of a case of a surgical strike in my opinion. Stuff like overpowering a few guards, tombguard parachuting off the backs of carrions lead by a cloak of dunes wearing king and penetrating into the palace wars :)
In my land, everyone calls me the darkspear. The most famous spearmen commander of all.
Kergoth
Corsair

Post by Kergoth »

Not to forget, the naked liche priest dance at the southern gate as diversion...
There are 24 beers in a pack
There are 24 hours in a day
coincidence?
I think NOT!
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Tomb kings dont have any guts at all, they all rotted away years ago. Seriusly though I dont think that they will make it, I fully expect GW to forget about the Tomb King rampage as in my opinion it was just to give them something to do that wouldnt upstage the newer shineier armies.

And on a side note, Khelmore, the wizards are inside a city with huge wall, just what do you think the chariots are going to achive?
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

Screaming catapults, reak havoc amongst the ramparts and throughout the city. Bone Giants will be storming about, while magic will Maul the wall, while the undead-ish siege towers roll in, and the ram breaks down the gate, and the chariots come in, swining death and doom in all directions!
need i say more?

And when i said do they have the guts, i ment mentally, not physically ;)

Rogue-gladiator
Dark Rider

Post by Rogue-gladiator »

Just a minor reminder... we're talking about Altdorf here, right? You know, one of those huge cities of the empire with the colleges of magic, and therefore at least dozens of wizards... probably plenty of warmachines like Great cannons on huge walls... then a huge city guard. I mean, granted, Karl Franz is looking for the crown, but I highly doubt the city is completely undefended. plus... I don't think chariots would be very good for urban warfare... with all the rubble, they couldn't navigate very well, and couldn't fight in the usual regimental formartion that the Tomb Kings use.
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

Thats why they raise their minions from the rubble of the street and the magic of the Liche Priest's would be killing those qizards off. Im pretty sure they won't make TG siege Altdorf, but it is certainly possible to do so, hey the Carsteins did it a while ago right?

Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Well even if they did I have serius doubts about their chances of Sucsess. Lets see, Gorbad Ironclaw with the mihgtiest Ork Whhhaaaggggghhhhh(sp?) in history failed to take it, Vlad Von Carstein failed to take it, Manfred didn't even start his siege before he was driven of and now the Empire has far better seige machines than ever before. Wow are those TK bollocked.

By the way what do you meen by raisnig their Minions from the rubble. The Tk only have control over their orgional minions who came back to life due to Naggashes curse rather than conventional Necromancey.
Last edited by Drainial on Sat May 19, 2007 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Gentleman of Moderation
Casual malevolence
Dark Rider

Post by Casual malevolence »

No undead army can besiege Altdorf. It was established already when Mannfred went back to finish what Vlad started...and was confronted by a High Theoginist who can read something called the great spell of unbinding from one of the Nine Books of Nagash, which they stole from Vlad and keep under a glass case mounted on the wall which reads, "In Case of Undead, Break Glass". Mannfred lifted the siege immediately and left, and he's a powerful wizard in his own right, and the Imperials still have that book.
I'm afraid my mask of sanity is about to slip.
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

Well, what do you think when they say Settra is marching to Altdorf? I know he wont take Altdorf, and msot of you think that he wont do it. But i can't see what GW are planning if they are sending TK to Altdorf to do the un-do-able.

Casual malevolence
Dark Rider

Post by Casual malevolence »

It's a good question, and I don't really have a feasible answer. I'm sure they'll come up w/ something lame like, the Imperials lost the book, or b/c Volkmar is part Chaos after the SoC campaign, he can't get through the wards which guard the book, or something like that.
I'm afraid my mask of sanity is about to slip.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Well we all knew that even if Chaos won every single battle in the SOC GW would still say that they were beaten off with heavy losses because otherwise the world would turn to Chaos and it would be the end of the hobby as we know it. They might well have the TK having ago and failing or they could say that due to the differant types of Necromancy being used the great spell of unbinding doesnt work.

Gentleman of Moderation
Heffo
Warrior

Post by Heffo »

Plus you ve got to consider that karl Franz and a large chunk of the empire forces are gone awol searching for the crown that Altdorf has to be a little bit under protected at the moment.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Karl doesnt seem all that botherd about the crown, not in a obsessive way so I dont think he would strip Altdorf of its defenders, the Reiks gaurd have probobly gone though. And you have to remember that the TK are not going to be very good at seige warfare, I meen realy how much damage is a skull going to do against stone ever when its fired out of a catapult?

Gentleman of Moderation
Vel demere
Dark Rider

Post by Vel demere »

Well the last thing I heard was the Khemri were going to take Marienberg, I think this is just fluff to ignore
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

They are sort of wondering around and invading anware with relics of theirs, Marinburg might be on the list though I have never heard that it was famus for its museams or any thing.

Gentleman of Moderation
Tich
Highborn

Post by Tich »

Tk's just wouldn't be able to take altdorf. its probobly the most heavily defended place in the game. not to mention the thousands of mages. all the masters teachers and apprentices. if the tomb kings want their stuff back it will have to be like a tomb scorpian burrowing in and a bunch of skelis raiding the musiem or what ever.
"I have this magic sword, it kills people when you stick it in them"
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

I can't see Settra doing anything so circumspect, besides I think thousands of mages may be an over estimate, at least of mages who would even make level 1 standing in the game and are trained in battle magic and having gone with Karl.

Gentleman of Moderation
Walrusm3
Cold One Knight

Post by Walrusm3 »

I still think Games workshop know what they're doing. Face it the Empire has barely anything about us Druchii having fun raiding their people who says the Tomb King aren't having fun robbing their riches back. After Archaon probably killed a vast majority himself and all the new wizards will just be a pile of dog scrap compared to Settra's Liche priests. After all as it says Settra's rules he is the greatest stradgist that ever lived (Although GW some of their exaggerate fluff sometimes
Sanity... is for the weak!
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

Yes, But Nemesis Crown is set before the storm of Chaos.