A little "introduction" to the asur.

Talk about all aspects of the Nemesis Crown summer campaign here

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Tilmann spyri
Cold One Knight

A little "introduction" to the asur.

Post by Tilmann spyri »

Ok, 2 things . Firstly, I've got an idea for a little side-story, to introduce us to the Asur general for the UK. I'll check with you guys first, before I post It about the place, but basicly, whirlst en route; the High Elf commander will get a little message, theough some mystacism. I've posted on Asur, asking for co-operation.

Also, the first part of my chapter 4. Just wanted to check I'd got the generals' personalities right. What do you think?

Chapter 4; The Council of the High Shadow.

The three great rebel lords of the Druchii who commanded the armies now readying to take Tor Thana were seated around the grand gold embossed dark-wood table in the Exile Lord’s tent. Together, they were a council of war, as evidenced by the maps and charts of the area around their goal that covered the table. In fact, by Druchii standards, and considering circumstances they were a remarkably efficient command. In spite of differences that at one point had them quite literally at each other’s throats, the two generals who had come to the aid of the Exiled Sorcerer Lord had actually managed to co-operate enough to begin to draw up a plan of some kind. Of course, in spite of their best efforts to be polite to each other, the council was still a long way from being harmonious.

“…because it is necessary, “Lord Shadowsong”, that the armies will disembark when the time comes as one, in rank, and march as one body”

“I must ask that you respect my title, Gorgoneth. It is mine by right. And I confess that I fail to see the “necessity” of the massive amounts of time and effort, just to present a pretty picture for the Asur; assuming they come”

Rackeith sighed; it had been a long meeting, and Druchii politics were always exhausting. With these two, however, it was near essential to keep atop of them. That ment maintaining some kind of equlibrium.

“Lord Shadowsong, it is my recommendation that you do not question the reliability of the High Priest’s spies. If they say an army has been dispatched from Hoeth, it has quite certainly been sent.” Gorgoneth looked smug, whilst the armoured lord of Har Atha started to look angry. Before he could comment however, Rackeith spoke again.

“Although…” He turned to the “Avatar” of Choresh “It is remarkable that they were able to give no indication of numbers at all. Even a simple “lots” would have been of some help. Instead we have, “army”. What does that tell us?”

Gorgoneth spluttered, evidently about to make some rebuke, but Rackeith spoke first.

“Nothing at all, other than that we have to make some preparations. I never doubted that we should. All in all, perhaps the most pathetic piece of espionage in our history. “
Soupman
Cold One Knight

Post by Soupman »

Is one supposed to understand this post if one has not been following the Barren Hills Thread?

I apologies if it´s my campaign-newbieness that keeps me from understanding this
Andreas
Fingol23
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Fingol23 »

I like how you have presented Rackeith, keeping things fair by insulting both sides equally
WIP First War Against Chaos Expansion
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t= ... e7da5c4719

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
Skills: Basic Stealth
Items: Short Sword, Repeater Crossbow, Shade Cloak
Tilmann spyri
Cold One Knight

Post by Tilmann spyri »

Sorry, soupman. Fraid not. Short story, the UK druchii are working under the rebel lord Rackeith, with the intent of taking tor thanna and seting up a new city state. Indeed, amoungst the generals so far, we have a Tzench follower, the high priest of a little known Khaine cult that is fanatical even by DE standerds and a Blood Dragon Vampire.

It's going to be a blast. :D
Kaihlik
Cold One Knight

Post by Kaihlik »

Your stories so far have been great so i'm sure what ever you come up with will be amazing to read. On a side note I am gathering up all of the Barren Hills character backgrounds and so far (I still have to add some of Gooners fluff) It is 27 pages long at 12pt font.
Tilmann spyri
Cold One Knight

Post by Tilmann spyri »

I think by the end of this, we will be able to supply the black libery with another backround book. :lol:

Mind letting me have a peep? I'd be interested in how you placed the stuf in order.
Kaihlik
Cold One Knight

Post by Kaihlik »

I havn't placed it in order yet. I've so far just copied and pasted most of the stuff into a word document (I only started around 3 hours ago and Druchii.net stopped working in the middle of it) next step is to try and work out an order and maybe add some filler text to explain the join between sections. With Gooners stuff in its 33 pages long with about 10 of them from you Tilmann.

Edit - I also want to come up with chapter names. The first chapter is mostly people hearing about Rackieth and Tor Thana and the second chapter will be the journeys of the various parties to the Old World, PM me with suggestions. Sorry for hijacking your thread Tilmann just thought I'd mention it.
Last edited by Kaihlik on Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_maelstrom_
Shade

Post by _maelstrom_ »

nice work Tilmann

33 pages long with about 10 of them from you Tilmann.

we have 33 pages between us already, and the campaign hasnt even started yet, i think Tilmanns right we will need a new source book
Tilmann spyri
Cold One Knight

Post by Tilmann spyri »

Sorry about that. ;)

If you want any help from me on the connections, just ask. Personally, as this so far is all introductions, I'd just leave it as is, skiping regularly from one storyline to another. Prehaps a symbol for each, like the sign of Tznech for Shadowsong, a serpant for Gooner, a Dragon for von Kahajen, a glowing blade for Maelstorm, and a shatered mirror for Rackeith (don't ask, it just seemed to fit.)

Speaking of our leader, his fluff should be the prolouge, as it establishes the origins of Rackeith, and how he came to call this group together.

Somthing like this

Prolouge

Summery of the assembaly

Gooner 1

Shadowstorm 1

Maelstorm 1

Gooner 2, 3. 4, 5 ( A lot, but they flow)

tillmann 1 (as a bit of an intemission)

Gooner 6,, 7 (Ok, last one's fingol's but it's very much Gooner's Arc

Shadowsong, 2,

Tillmann 2

Shadowsong 3, 4.

Maelsorm ( as much as he wants untill he get's to the forrest.)

Tillmann 3, 4 (When done).

Maelstorm, The introduction to the other lords.

That should work.
Tilmann spyri
Cold One Knight

Post by Tilmann spyri »

Damn. I saw your edit only just now. Don't worry about thread hijacking, this way others can contribute too. Ah well, if you prefer chapters, that works too. Personally, I prefer to have it as three arcs. In fact, we could do both, two chapters, or more, per arc.

Act one, The gatering of the High Shadows, (Ending when we break camp)

Chapter one, whispers on the Nagarochi wind.

Chapter two, A long hard road

Chapter three; the host assembles (Please think of somthing better, I've hit a block.

Act two, The battle for Tor Thanna (self explanitory)

Act three (we'll name this one when we know if we've won or not.) This'll hold the things that happen after the battle, like the executanor's duel, if Maelstorm runs with that.
Kaihlik
Cold One Knight

Post by Kaihlik »

I have started doing something similar to your last post (not the chapter names one). Good idea about the Arcs.

Good names for chapters 1 & 2. I had a good name for 3 but it eludes me now, dame fickle memory :) .

Also does Tilmann have 1 l or 2 because your name has 1 but you typed 2 in your previous post, just curious.
Gooner
Corsair

Post by Gooner »

I think that between us we can overwhelm GW into including at least a modicum of our fluff! I doubt they'll mention character names but if I read anything at all about rebel Druchii warlords at the gates of Tor Thana I'll be a happy man. Win or lose (and while I fancy myself as a bit of a fluff writer I claim no such expertise on the tabletop!) I just want us to earn some recognition! Tilmann this is more great stuff, its good to have you on board.
Tilmann spyri
Cold One Knight

Post by Tilmann spyri »

@Lord Kaihlik Rashia
2 l s, I made a mistake when regestering.
Fingol23

Post by Fingol23 »

Keep us posted on your project Kaihlik, by the way when you say 33 pages what size of page is it A4 or A5?

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
Kaihlik
Cold One Knight

Post by Kaihlik »

Its 33 pages A4 which will be longer now that Maelstrom has posted his next section.

I'll probably be able to keep you up to date as I currently am doing almost nothing (exams are over with). This project will give me something to do, that way I don't go mad with boredom :).
Tilmann spyri
Cold One Knight

Post by Tilmann spyri »

It may be a bit longer before too long. I haven't written as much as I should, but chapter 4 of my stuff is going to be over 3 pages A4.

P.S. Whirlst remaining on topic I've posted a brief summery of our goals on a Warseer thread on which Gav Thorpe was active. Subtle psychology for the win. :D
Fingol23

Post by Fingol23 »

I have go some more stuff posted just to keep you busy.
exams are over with
Its a great feeling isn't it.[/quote]

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
Soupman
Cold One Knight

Post by Soupman »

Tilmann Spyri wrote:Sorry, soupman. Fraid not. Short story, the UK druchii are working under the rebel lord Rackeith, with the intent of taking tor thanna and seting up a new city state.

Arh okay :)
Nice fluff though
Andreas
Tilmann spyri
Cold One Knight

Post by Tilmann spyri »

Thanks Soupman.

BTW, anyone notice just how little fluff the Asur have written? Is it possible for us to simply beat them thru their fluf not contradicting ours?
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Well this seems a great idea but as much as I like the mention my characotors name is Shadowheart not Shadowsong, prehapes it is a tad unimaginative (and I am considering changing it) but at the moment it is my name and please please get it right.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Tilmann spyri
Cold One Knight

Post by Tilmann spyri »

Sorry. I'd just noticed it. It's already right in the final text. BTW, I've deliberatly not spelled out his sympathies, though I've put in a hint or two.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Just thought I would mention to Lord Kaihlik Rashia that I have recently added to my bakgound, just incase you didn't notise.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Kaihlik
Cold One Knight

Post by Kaihlik »

I will be checking all of the backgroung threads constantly to make sure I don't miss something.

I am wondering about a name for this collection. Currently I just have "Battle for Tor Thana" at the start, which while descriptive is a little unimaginative. If people want to PM me suggestions then I will gather them up and make a poll, if I don't get any it will be "Battle for Tor Thana".
Voodoomaster
Lord General Of Khaine

Post by Voodoomaster »

i think i should drop a bomb shell here

I am the Asur Commander for the UK

*flees the mass of insults and thrown objects from the assembled druchii*
"For every victory there is a defeat, for every defeat there is a victory. My victory, my defeat are for all to see..."
Khael Vraneth, Lord-General of Khaine.
Tilmann spyri
Cold One Knight

Post by Tilmann spyri »

Finally! I've been looking for who was leading the Asur. Would you be interested on a crossover story? If so, PM me the details of your general. I'll write it up, and PM it back to you before I post it.