Kaihlik background

Talk about all aspects of the Nemesis Crown summer campaign here

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Kaihlik
Cold One Knight

Kaihlik background

Post by Kaihlik »

Here is the background for my character Lord Kaihlik Rashia. He is loyal to Malekith but has joined the rebels fo his own causes.

The first parts are from Maelstroms background.

When Kaihlik was happy that everyone was ready he mounted his Cold One and set off at the head of the column, leaving his son in charge of the army. He looked over to his retainer Tarris Khelor who rode just behind Kaihlik to his right. All of the Knights were wearing full battledress freshly repaired and polished. There was not as many as Kaihlik would have liked, many cold ones had perished in the previous months as Kaihlik had driven them on in search of the magical artefacts he had promised to the Convent back in Naggarond.

He hoped Fellblade could tell him something of use as Kaihlik was desperate. Back is Naggarond he had learned of some powerful magical artefacts apparently hidden somewhere within the human “Empire”. Thinking he had the perfect opportunity to further his political ambitions and increase his standing with the Sorceresses Kaihlik had approached them and promised them the artefacts on return to Naggarond and even requested the sorceresses send a envoy with the raiding party to make sure that the Convents wishes were represented (although he mainly expected the artefacts to be guarded by magical wards which he would require a seer to get past). Confident Kaihlik had set sail for the Old World and his army had punched though the Empire taking many slaves until they reached the caves which he believed the artefacts to be kept. It was there that Kaihlik’s plan came undone. The caves were empty and although it seemed that artefacts had once lay there, they were no more. Larinah the sorceress in charge of the Convent envoy flew into a rage at the news and insisted that Kaihlik find a way to repay the temple.

So Kaihlik with a large part of his force had headed into the Empire in a blind hunt for magical artefacts. The rest of Kaihliks forces headed back to their Ark along with two of Kaihlik’s sons with the slaves they had captured on the raid, he could no longer delay their return as 500 of the slaves were promised to the Temple of Khaine and patience was not a well known quality of the witch elves, but Kaihlik knew that anger indeed was. His remaining and youngest son Serrin remained behind with Kaihlik in a desperate attempt to find something and prove himself to his harsh father.

The though of the angry seer back at the camp had made Kaihliks decision easy when he heard of other Druchii forces in the area, he had sent his shades to arrange a meeting with Fellblade at once. He hoped to learn something of use from him as he could not return to Naggarond with his pledge unfulfilled, the Sorceresses did not forgive and they did not forget.
------------------------------------------------------
Areon was sitting behind a large table, he had left the ship and was within a large tent. He had sent the shades to fetch their master and now waited in the shore encampment for his arrival. One of his guards entered the tent.

"My lord, our scouts report an approaching convoy." He began, after bowing to Areon
"Have they described this convoy" asked Areon
"Indeed they have my lord, they bear the banner of house Rashia" He stated.
"Excellent my guest has arrived" declared Areon, as he rose from his seat.
The guard held the tent flap open, and Areon advanced outside he was greeted with the site of the convoy entering the camp, at its head was Lord Kaihlik Rashia mounted on his cold one and in full Druchii plate armour to his side rode Tarris Khelor his personal champion who bore aloft the banner of House Rashia. the convoy was made up of Kaihliks personal guard all mounted on their cold one mounts and fully armoured. The convoy came to a halt at the raising of Kaihliks hand, he dismounted as did Tarris who handed the banner to one of the body guards, Lord Kaihlik strode purposefully towards Areon who by now was surrounded by his bodyguard of executioners.

The two Druchii lords bowed to each other to show their respect, Areon gestured towards the large tent and the two lords entered it. Inside the tent they both sat down at the table, Areon fetching a map and unravelled it.
"Straight to the point I see" said Kaihlik
"Indeed, there is little need of formal greetings and the matters that we must discuss are far more important" answered Areon
"Yes they are, my shades tell me that you have some important information to share with me, what does it concern?" asked Kaihlik
"Lord Malekith has issued a Decree to all of the noble houses, we are to make best use of the current chaos ingulfing the humans pathetic "Empire" and capture as many slaves as possible for use in the next invasion of Ulthuan. Also he wants any rebel Druchii captured or killed, he offers great reward for this." Stated Areon
"This is all the information you have to offer me, I have been away for many months raiding and I already know of this artefact that has appeared with in this "great forest" said Kaihlik, seemingly disappointed.
"No it is not, my agents within the "Empire” have brought me word of a far greater prize than mear slaves or an artefact" continued Areon
"And what is this prize you speak of?" Asked Kaihlik now showing more interest.

"The prize is the ancient ruins of Tor Thana, a ruined city that formally belonged to our accursed kin. if we can take the ruins and rebuild them we will have a great base from which to raid the human lands, giving us far greater power within the courts of naggaroth. So I extend an offer for an alliance between our houses our combined forces will stand more of a chance of being sucessful, what do you say?" Asked Areon

There was silence as Kaihlik thought

"This is a most generous offer but I must ask, what is the catch?" said Kaihlik
"You are not easily decieved Kaihlik, very well there is no catch on my part, but we are not the only ones headed for Tor Thana. Probably the largest gathering of rebel lords that has been known are also planning on taking the Tor. They are lead by one called Rackieth the exiled, he has many powerful lords in his service including Gorgoneth the high priest of Choresh, Drainial ShadowHeart, Xzanth Cyrian and more. I propose that we join up with these rebels for a short time, as we don't have the strength to directly oppose them and if all goes ill then we can attempt to capture some of their leader to hand over to the Blackguard" continued Areon

At the mention of rebels a look of pure hatred crossed Kaihliks face, he quickly regained his composure to carry on the discussion.

"This is indeed a good plan but you under estimate the rebels, we both know all to well of the Cult of Choresh, but it is Drainial Shadowheart that disturbs me also, he is an ancient worshipper of Tzeentch he may even be older than lady Morathi, being a worshipper of that dark god gifts him with great power I do not think he will be easily decieved, also there is the problem of us being mistaken for rebels, I do not wish to be a target for the Assassins of Khaine” said Kaihlik sternly
“This is why we will be truthful with these rebels, trying to decieve them invites certain death if we tell them that we are loyalists mearly acting for our own gain then they may not be so distrustful towards us, can I count on your aid?” asked Areon

There was silence as Kaihlik thought once more. This development presented a very good opportunity to him, the ruins of Tor Thana would surely contain some great artefacts of power that he would then be able to give to the Convent of sorceresses back in Naggarond and the option of capturing a rebel leader if the plan went ill was very tempting.

“Indeed you will have my support in this venture” answered Kaihlik
"However it is incrediblly distasteful to think that we have to serve below such lowborn scum" hissed Kaihlik, anger clear in his voice
"It will not be for long, we will aid them while it serves our agenda if we are in a position to take the Tor then we will, I will get my scouts to to monitor the area for any other loyalist prescence we may be able o enlist enough aid to defeat the rebels once we have captured the city" said Areon, anger also in the tone of his voice at the thought of serving this Rackieth.

Areon gestured at the map on the table
"It is mearly a case of locating their camp now, I believe it is in this area" said Areon pointing at a section of the map
"That problem I can solve, my shades have recently found a trail leading to a large camp, it is a few leagues from here I believe this to be their base of operations, until your news I thought they were loyalist Druchii but obviously I was mistaken" Said Kaihlik, anger again visible on his face at the mention of rebels. He pointed an armoured finger at an area of the map, the encampment was on the banks of the river Narn
"You have indeed been of great help Kaihlik, I will advance up the river stir and then onto the river Narn, I will meet you here about a league from there camp in 2 days time, then we will travel together to meet this great rebel lord" stated Areon

"Yes we will meet this scum together and show them what true Druchii are, I will return to my army now and prepare to leave" said Kaihlik, as he arose from his seat.
The two Druchii lord shook hands, before bowing to each other again. They left the tent, Kaihlik heading back towards his mount, the column of knights forming up aroud him again, he remounted.

"We will see you in two days time Areon" declared Kaihlik, before turning his mount away.
As the convoy left the camp, Alrek and Kirel both approached Areon.

"I assume that the meeting went well" said Alrek

"Indeed it did, we now have at least one dependable ally in this, come we must prepare to leave" stated Areon before turning back towards the awaiting ships.

------------------------------
It was now two days since the meeting, the short journey up the river Narn had passed with little incidence, although many of the warriors on deck reported seeing human scouts following the ships along the river banks, Areon had dismissed these reports, if the humans knew they were here they would have sent an army to investigate not a rabble of huntsmen.
When the small fleet had dropped anchor at the agreed meeting place they had found a fully fledged camp complete with palisades, Areon had been impressed with the swift work of Kaihliks followers. Most of Areons army had now disembarked with only a small guard of corsairs remaining on the ships to guard the river and the only escape route should things turn ugly. Areon and Kaihlik were ready to depart, they each took sizeable bodyguards partly as a show of strength to the rebels and also incase they had to fight their way out.
"I should be riding Aspheroth into their pitiful camp, not ride in like a mear messenger on a cold one" said Kaihlik with a sneer
"I think if you rode your dragon in, you would be killed on sight as I dont think these rebels would take to kindly to a loyalist lord droping out of the sky mounted on a few tonnes of beast" said Areon

"Well at least I would get to kill some of the scum before I died" hissed Kaihlik, again showing his displeasure at having to aid rebels
"Restrain yourself my ally, the time for that will come eventually" said Areon, with an evil glint in his eyes
One of Areons knights approached the two lords, bowing before he addressed them.
"My lords the preparations are complete, the convoy is ready to leave at your command" announced the knight, before bowing again and returning to his mount at its place in the convoy
"Come let us meet this "great" rebel lord" declared Areon, with a grin before kicking his spurs into the flanks of his cold one
The convoy wound its was through the forest on a small dirt track, the rebel camp was a mear league away from the loyalist camp according to Kaihliks shades. Many times along the way they had felt like they were being watched which lead to a tense journey, Areon had waved his guards off a few times as they had gone to draw their swords, telling them that it was mearly the rebel scouts tracking their progress. After an hour long trip the convoy arrived at the gates of the rebel camp. Areon was actually impressed with the structure, the whole camp was surrounded by a high palisade wall, they had even constructed a gate house.
The gate guards had spotted the convoy approaching and had a look of shear supprise on their faces at the sight of the loyalists, one of them ran and started ringing the alarm bell. With this all hell broke lose the gates burst open and out rushed a large unit of vanakat excutioners as well as many warriors armed with repeater crossbows the convoy was quickly surrounded. Areons and Kaihliks bodyguards quickly formed up around them with Alrek and his executioners at the front, there was another tense silence both sides ready to strike down the other. The the leader of the vanakat executioners came forth from the ranks.
"And to what do we owe the honour of your company, puppets of the false king" he said mockingly
"I am no ones puppet!" snarled Kaihlik, drawing his sword
With this a row of repeater crossbows were brought to bear on Kaihlik, all of Kaihliks bodyguards including Taris then drew their swords. Areon put his hand on Kaihliks shoulder motioning for him to lower his weapon, he did this reluctantly as did his guards although Taris kept his sword unsheathed ready to respond to any threat to his lord.
"And who are you?" Asked Areon
Before the elf could answer Alrek interupted.
"He is Kazakha formally a master executioner of Khaine, until he was exiled" spat Alrek

"Ah Alrek Fellblade it has been many years since we last met, I see you still serve that weakling Tullaris" said Kazakha confidently
This provoked pure outrage from the loyalist executioners, who all leveled their weapons at their rebel counterparts. Alrek quickly barked orders out, to get them back in line.
"Your feeble words mean nothing Kazakha, lord Tullaris was appointed by the high priestess herself and he is the mortal embodyment of Khaine in the aspect of an executioner. Because you opposed him is why you were exiled" said Alrek with a grin
"You are deluded Alrek, he is nothng more than a mere peasant" said Kazakha

"We will see who is deluded, when this confict is over I will take your head, and then present it to Lord Tullaris" hissed Alrek
"Enough of your minor bickering, take us to your master the one called Rackieth" declared Areon
"Yes, I am most eager to meet this "great" lord" said Kaihlik in a mocking tone
"You will have an audience with Lord Rackieth, but I can't promise you will make it out of this camp alive" said Kazakha with an evil grin.
At Kazakhas command the assembled rebels allowed the convoy to pass through the gates, they were greeted with a sight that few would witness, a huge camp that seemed to strech on and on, at the river side in the distance they could see several ships at anchor, they were lead through the camp and greeted with suspicious looks and insults shouted out by the encamped rebel army.
They passed troops of various factions; choreshi cultists whose hideous features disturbed even the most experienced troops, and other troops clad in fine metallic blue armour that bore the symbol of the fell chaos god Tzeentch, Areon noticed that these two factions camping areas had been kept apart obviously to prevent any infighting. After passing many tents the convoy arrived at what appeared to be the center of the camp, the tents here were home to what appeared to be Rackieths personal troops who looked like any normal druchii foot soldier found in naggaroth, before them was the largest and most imposing tent obviously belonging to Rackieth himself.
The convoy was again surrounded by troops armed with repeater crossbows, Areon and Kaihlik both dismounted from their cold ones. Areon instructed Alrek to stay with the convoy, Taris attempted to join the two lords, Kaihlik turned round.

"No my loyal champion, I wish you to stay with the convoy and protect it, as it may be our only means of escape" said Kaihlik
"Yes my lord" said Taris, looking slightly disappointed that he wouldn't get to see this Rackieth himself.
"Come my ally let us see for ourselves this great gatheringof rebels" said Areon, before stepping into the tent
They walked along a long carpet that headed towards the center of the tent, on either side of this they were met with the steely glares of other minor nobles that had pledged themselves to Rackieth. When they reached the center of the tent they went trough a second opening and were now in a large room.
The center of the room was dominated by a large elaborately carved circular table, this table was covered in parcement obviously battle maps and plans for the coming conflict. At the head of the table sat on a large and elaborate throne sat the form of the rebel leader Rackeith flanked by 2 Vanakat executioners, he was fully armoured as if expecting to face a battle at any moment, Areon noted how fine his armour was if he was only ment to have been Lord Yeurls champion how did he acquire armour more fitting of a highborn.
To the right of Rackieth sat a figure in finely crafted blue metallic armour his breast plate bore the symbol of two talons gripping a heart, and the armour was adorned with other emblems of talons and beaks, his skin seemed to shimmer and he had unsually coloured short hair that looked like copper, on his forehead he bore the fell symbol of Tzeentch, this was obviously Drainial Shadowheart the lord whom Kaihlik had warned him about.
To the left of Rackieth sat Gorgoneth, he was easily recognisable wearing a large horned helm and adorned with many symbols of the serpent, through the eye holes of his helmet could be glimpsed parts of his hideously scarred face, he wore a suit of heavy armour and was draped in a large fur cloak.
Sitting a seat away from Gorgoneth was a female human, clad in crude human plate armour with various symbols of a dragon on it, her hair was sholder length, there was something about her but Areon couldnt quite place it, but why Rackieth had human mercinaries in his service Areon could not understand, he had seen no humans camped amongst the druchii this was a puzzle.
"ah I see you have finally arrived Lords Fellblade and Rashia and why do you loyalist scum join us here" said Rackieth, his voice oozing pure confidence
"Loyalists!" spat Gorgoneth, before standing and drawing his sword.
"Sit Gorgoneth, let us hear what they have to say before we dispose of them" said Rackieth while staring Gorgoneth in the eyes.
"Kill us if you want but it will only bring you swift death" said Areon calmly
the assenbled rebels let out a loud laugh.
"bring death to us? your rabble outside would be dead before they even got into the tent" said Rackieth
"That "rabble" would each take down 10 of your men before they died" Snarled Kaihlik
"I have many more to replace those that would be lost lord Rashia and you and you ally there would be handed over to Gorgoneth and his cultists" said Rackieth menacingly
"Our troops aren't the main threat to your plans, I have instructed my officers to inform all of the loyal Lords i the area of your location and plans if we do not return, you may kill us but you will have all the noble houses of Naggaroth descend on you, not to mention our accursed kin who are also bound to be interested in the Tor. Your army would be annihilated and you carried back to Naggarond to be killed for Malekiths pleasure" said Areon calmy
A look of pure anger crossed Rackieths face, he stood up from his chair and smashed an armoured guantlet onto the table.
"Your bluffing!" bellowed Rackieth, all his composure lost
Drainial had his eyes fixed on Areon for the duration of the exchange, he began to speak.
"He isnt bluffing, I have looked into him and see no deception" stated Drainial
Rackieth smashed his armoured hand on the table again before sittig back in his throne.
"What exactly is it that you want from me?" hissed Rackieth
"Our request is simple, our forces will aid yours in the capture of Tor Thana in exchange for positions of power, if you wish we will continue this little conflict once the city is secure" said Areon

"And why do you think we need your aid?" asked Rackieth
"Because your troops are to weak to take the city alone, you need the aid of true druchii to defeat the accursed Asur and any other weaklings that get in the way" said Kaihlik mockingly
"And why would I need you when i have Lisa at my side" said Rackieth, motioning at the human
The two loyalist lords let out a laugh.
"You place your faith in a mear human, you are truely insane" laughed Kaihlik
"I am no mear human" replied Lisa
A look of complete supprise crossed the faces of Areon and Kaihlik.
" You can speak Drukh-Eltharin?" said Areon, still shocked
"I am well travelled" stated Lisa, Rackieth nodded to her and she opend her mouth to show her fangs
Areon and Kaihlik took a step back in utter disbelief, she was a Vachi Caerthal one of the walking dead, no wonder they had seen no signs of a human army in the camp, she hadn't yet summoned the undead hordes to her.
"See I even have a Vachi Caerthal in my service" said Rackieth confidently, now having regained his composure
" I will permit you to join my forces, return to your camp when I need you I will send for you" declared Rackieth
Areon and Kaihlik left the tent and returned to their convoy, and began the journey back to the camp.
"how did it go" Asked Alrek, Taris also listening in
"lets just say that Skaven are probably more trust worthy, we will have to watch our backs while dealing with these rebels" said Areon
"good, gives me more of a reason to kill some of them" said Kaihlik with a grin
Kaihlik
Cold One Knight

Post by Kaihlik »

This next part has happened while we are at Tor Thana and I would like to thank Tillmann who helped me by making improvements to my stories.

Kaihlik returned to his camp surprisingly content with the day’s events. Although the group were mostly rebels and outcasts, the noble had noted a few lesser lords present whose loyalties he was sure remained with Malekith. No doubt Rackieth knew this but was assured of their obedience, as they would be unable to muster a force that was nearly large enough to be a threat. It was also likely that he planned to turn the nobles away from their rightful master with promises of power in the new city.

The arrival of Houses Rashia and Fellblade may have upset things more than he realised. In fact under normal circumstances Kaihlik would have started to organise a coup immediately but these were not normal circumstances. He had to find something of worth in these ruins and he could not be sure of handling the forces he met there on his own or even with a weakened army that would emerge after a coup. Until he had what he needed there was nothing he could do. Despite this he was happy, he had been away from Naggarond for many months and he hadn’t realised how much he missed the dangerous thrill of Druchii politics.

He nodded to the sentry as he passed, a signal for the elf to fetch handlers for the cold ones and to inform his son Serrin that he had returned. As he dismounted he caught a fleeting glance of Larinah, the High Sorceress just as she disappeared inside her tent. The thought of what she could do to him if she felt sent a shiver down the lord’s spine and he knew that the only reason he was here was to prevent that fate from occurring. As he turned around, he saw the armoured figure of Serrin approach. He was pleased that the young elf’s newfound confidence was so plainly visible. Serrin’s first raids had been disastrous and had earned him his fathers’ scorn but slowly Serrin had turned defeat into victory until he discovered that one of the Anvils of Doom, mighty artefacts of the dwarfs, was to leave its hold to be taken to some army of the stunted ones. Such a waste. He informed his father and together they orchestrated a plan to capture this valuable item. Had it not been for the help of an Ogre tribe in the service of the dwarfs, they would have had the cursed thing on the Black Arc and gotten it safely to Naggaroth by now. As it happens the stupidly heavy dwarf artefact slowed down the progress of the army enough for the Ogres to catch up with the elves. The oversized brutes in turn kept them busy long enough for the vengeful Dwarfs to intervene. Although the Raid was unsuccessful the fact that Serrin had nearly pulled off such a feat at such a young age, only 450 at the time, had earned his fathers respect again.

“What is the news father? Are we to fight with these rebels?” he asked, the distaste for them mirroring his fathers own.

“Yes, we leave in two days but I would like to send you ahead first. There have been stories of many forces massing in the forest and I do not want the army marching into an ambush. Find a path which I can lead the army to Tor Thana.”

“As you command father,” replied the younger Rashia, his chest swelling with pride at his chance to prove his military skill to his father, “ I shall prepare to leave immediately.” He bowed before leaving his father to attend to his duties.

“Do you believe it is wise to ally with these … Rebels my lord?” The lord Rashia did not jump at Tarris’ words, He knew well that his loyal retainer was seldom seen or herd unless he willed it, “The scum have nothing to fear back in Naggaroth, they have no reason not to betray us.” Kaihlik smiled, it had always been Tarris’ way to err on the side of caution. It was one of the things that made him such a good advisor but Kaihlik knew he meant no insubordination in his warnings.

“They need not fear retribution from Naggaroth for them to remain loyal,” replied the master of house Rashia “They need all of the forces they can get for the coming fight and an attack on us would not only alienate two potentially powerful allies but also weaken their own forces in a needless fight. Now that we are here there is nothing they can do to us without severely damaging their chances.”

“I see.” replied Tarris although the expression on his face clearly indicated that he was far from convinced.

His lord laughed. “Trust me, we are safe for now. The danger this time will come from our hordes of enemies, not from our allies.”

“Thank you sir. You have reassured me now,” and he had. For although he was unsure in the world of Druchii politics, Tarris was always certainty itself on the field of battle. Rashia smiled

“But now, my old friend, I have to go and deal with a somewhat more immediate, and familiar threat,” and with that he strode of in the direction of the sorceresses tent and disappeared inside.

-------------------------

“Kaihlik, I have work for you,” said Rackieth.

“What would that be sir?” replied Kaihlik Rashia. He hated taking orders from Rackieth but he had to admit his strategies had been sound and using his plans the gatehouse had been taken with relative ease. He had even provided adequate entertainment with the showing up of that fool Darius; the witch elves had provided quite a show with his entrails.

“An army of the human Empire is approaching our gates. Head them off, I do not want our position under cannon fire,” replied Rackieth “if our intelligence is correct they are a force called the Talabheim Irregulars commanded by a comparatively competent general , known as Carl von Clausewitz. I want you to turn them against the Asur. I will leave the nature of the deception up to you but make sure that they doubt the false elves.”

“I have heard of this “Von Clausewitz”. In fact Serrin and I have already encountered his army with less than satisfactory results,” said Kaihlik.

“They will be here within the day.”

“Very well then my force will prepare to march immediately,” said Lord Kaihlik as he made a quick bow and left.

As he left the war room he saw Serrin and Tarris waiting for him.

“What news?” asked Serrin, (a little too eagerly?)

“A human force is approaching and we are to head it off,” Kaihlik wore a carefully blank expression.

“A human army,” said Serrin with the disappointment clearly in his voice, he had thought that they were here to fight the Asur but so far Kaihlik hadn’t encountered them.

“Yes but one we know Serrin, do you remember the Talabheim Irregulars?” asked the Lord.

“Yes we met them outside the human town of Egonsdorf, they threw men from the town at us until we exhausted ourselves.” The younger Rashia replied.

“Their main army marches on us” The Elder Rashia watched this news sink in “Prepare for vengeance, son,”.

“Yes sir,” beamed Serrin, obviously delighted at the chance encounter, and he departed, as eager as ever.

The lord turned to Tarris “You will remain here with the rest of my army, Rackieth has sent me for two reasons, he knows that my army can win this fight but also I a thorn in his side. He knows that the human army is competent and does not want to risk any of his closer allies in this fight. If we do not return you are to put the army under the command of Areon and serve under him until you can link up with one of my sons.”

“As you wish,” replied the ever gloomy retainer who departed to prepare for the eventuality.
With the knowledge that everything was taken care of, Kaihlik relaxed. The though of battle excited him as he had been unable to command an army since he had got here. If all went to plan he would eliminate this threat and increase his standing in the council. It was a good day.

--------------------------

Kaihlik surveyed the battlefield from atop his dragon Aspheroth. Things were slightly in his favour as the Cold One Knights lead by his son Serrin had broken though an empire swordsmen unit and now were in a perfect position to strike the flank. The crude metal behemoth powered by steam had sat in the same position after being skewed by a bolt at the start of the battle, it had occasionally made noises but had begun to belch smoke. He decided to commit himself and his mighty steed to battle. He located the general and headed towards him. As Aspheroth dived down towards the Empire general Kaihlik noticed him reaching towards his belt and drawing a small black powder pistol. Kaihlik sneered as the human levelled the weapon at Aspheroth, the weapon wouldn’t make a scratch on the mighty beast. He saw a puff of smoke from the weapon and felt a pain in his shoulder, he had been hit. Kaihlik felt himself fall from the saddle of his mount and hit the ground. Aspheroth who was surprised by the sudden absence of his master headed skywards and circled around.

Kaihlik got to his feet. His armour and sea dragon cloak has stopped the bullet going though but the force had knocked him off his mount. Kaihlik used his magical halberd to steady himself and took stock of the situation. He saw the Empire general Carl von Clausewitz just 40 feet away and approaching on his armoured mount. Kaihlik bellowed a challenge at the human who looked more than ready to run him down. The unit of Knights charged but Kaihlik stood his ground at the last minute sidestepping and planting his Halberd in the ground. The horse ran straight though the end of the weapon, screeching a terrible note as it fell. The human hit the ground and rolled 10 feet before coming to a halt, if it had been a normal human then he would have died there lying helplessly on the ground but the general was a veteran of many campaigns and quickly got to his feet. Kaihlik wasted no time and swung his weapon in a deadly arc which the human barely got his sword up to block.

“Pitiful” Kaihlik spat in the humans tongue “You should learn to stay out of our business you pitiful lapdogs of the false elves. Rackieth ordered me to this battlefield to take care of you but I gladly take the opportunity to show you the error of your ways”. The human flew into a rage and swung a killing blow at Kaihlik’s head but he batted the weapon away with ease.

“Die you dark scum, I know of your kind, the followers of Malekith” shouted the human.

“Is that what the false elves have told you”, sneered Kaihlik “While I Kaihlik Rashia serve Malekith most of us do not. If they have lied to you about this I wonder if they have even told you the true nature of what you seek. The heartstone is not a magical artefact to cleanse the are rather a powerful magical weapon designed to kill everyone living in this area”.

“I care not for stones, I am here on the orders of Lord Veldemere and thats all you need to know druchii”. At that that the human general, von Clauswitz lunged at Kaihlik who parried the blow and with blinding speed brought the weapon around and buried it in his opponents side. Von Clauswitz fell to the ground and at that point the Knights that had held back during the duel closed in, just as Aspheroth landed next to Kaihlik who jumped back into the saddle and ordered the mighty beast to take to the sky. The human would live and the seed of doubt had been sown. As Kaihlik took to the sky he saw that the day was his. The Empire troops had begun a retreat at the fall of their general but they were seasoned troops and this was not a rout. Although the elves had won it wasn’t the crushing victory Kaihlik had hoped for but, a victory nonetheless.
_maelstrom_
Shade

Post by _maelstrom_ »

brilliant stuff kaihlik, its well written, you should write the meeting with rackieth from your perspective to.
Kaihlik
Cold One Knight

Post by Kaihlik »

To be fair I wrote the main story and then Tillmann edited to make it "well written". On that account I must thank him again.
Tilmann spyri
Cold One Knight

Post by Tilmann spyri »

I only fiddled with minor things. It's still you who did most of the writing. Congrats.