Warhammer Online

Discuss console and computer games here, including GW Universe computer games.

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Are you going to play Warhammer Online?

Yes, on day 1
52%
Never, no way
6%
I'll wait til its been out for a bit and see
42%

Total votes: 77

Arhain cynath
Shade

Post by Arhain cynath »

@ Archon: I was told it will be 13€/month (in Europa). At first glance it may seem expensive, but for a game you play at least 6h/week I don't think it is expensive. Go to bars on the week-end and you'll pay more! (and find girlfriends :P)

If you know you'll play only 3h or less per week maybe you should go past this game...
My body is dedicated to our King, but my weapon and hatred are dedicated to Khaine!!
- Arhain Cynath, the Red Dragon of Har Ganeth
Lah di d'har
Shade

Post by Lah di d'har »

Ill play the game for the first month, see what the games like. If its worth paying the 13 euro ill continue. I have to say I’m very worried about the European server. I tried to sign up to the closed beta on the EU web site and the page was utter Rubbish, just didn’t work. I hope the EU server isn’t going to be substandard compared to the US server.

If is there is a D.net guild setup I would love to join. Problem is we need someone kind enough to organize one, being a clanleader or guildmaster (What ever its called in WAR) takes time and effort.
Zardock
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Zardock »

Hmmm I am torn on this in so many ways ive played some of the game and its fun yet, without all the different cities and stuff im not sure, I mean the final dark elf teir is in Eataine, yet all we do i capture a fortress, im sure that if we druchii pushed it far enough we would attack lothern.

Instead we decide well ew got this here fortress, time to attack altdorf????

ill see i guess, still buying it day one though =D.
Join the Shrine of the Serpent today!
Brotherhood of the Coast!

Zardock (Group 27)
Class: Trainee of Khaine
WS:4 / S:5 / T:3 / D:4 / I:2
Equipment: Short sword and Dagger, 50g in a pouch.
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Uncontrollable Frenzy

The Keeper of the D.net Battle Records.
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

I believe monthly fees were set at $12.99 and £8.99 (could be wrong, no time to check right now)
As for the guild. With the removal of Black Guard we'd have to accept some slave races to tank for us but I suppose it's fitting enough ;)
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Arhain cynath
Shade

Post by Arhain cynath »

With the removal of Black Guard we'd have to accept some slave races to tank for us

As a Khainite I reply: We never have to tank! We have to charge and kill before they have time to strike! :twisted:
My body is dedicated to our King, but my weapon and hatred are dedicated to Khaine!!
Zardock
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Zardock »

As a Khainite I reply: We never have to tank! We have to charge and kill before they have time to strike!

Whilst that is all well and good for fluff, we all know tanks will be important for raiding keeps, defending keeps and instances where there are bosses of the variety that squash little mages...

Im sure when the Black Guard returns he will be bigger and meaner than ever before!

I am of course rolling Order sadly, me and my friends agree that the disorder side will be vastly over populated with 10 year olds wanting to play chaos >.> sadly as much as i hope it isnt true atm it looks like it will end that way.

Of course if at launch if the there are thousands of 10 year old high elf players then well, ill be bringing an entire guild of players who hate them to the side of evil.

God i hope that evil is the under populated side.... :P

Zardock (Group 27)

Arhain cynath
Shade

Post by Arhain cynath »

For sure I don't want to play with Kevin's...

Let's wait and see!
Lah di d'har
Shade

Post by Lah di d'har »

Zardock wrote: I am of course rolling Order sadly, me and my friends agree that the disorder side will be vastly over populated with 10 year olds wanting to play chaos >.> sadly as much as i hope it isnt true atm it looks like it will end that way.

Oh god I hope that’s not the case, it would ruin the game for me if it is. Generally speaking though not everyone around that age range acts like jerks.

But I know exactly the kind of people you mean.
[/quote]
Crawd
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Crawd »

I'm going to play a Dark Elf Sorceress! It was the first thing that interest me when I saw the career option the first day they opened the Dark Elf section on their official website.

I tried her for 30 mins and backlash are fun! lol
And the server wrote:Internal Server Error
Jaqtaar
Cold One Knight

Post by Jaqtaar »

It's the first MMO to seriously tempt me, but I'll wait a month or two to see how patches and additional content are handled. I'd like to start the game only after the missing capital cities have been added .... or at leas the DE one.
Druchii! Hear my voice!
Let your blades be keen! Let your hearts be iron and your thews steel! Let your grim visors be the last thing that the scum of Ulthuan see in this life!
In the name of Naggaroth and the Witch-King ...Charge!
Malekith's psychologist
Beastmaster
Location: can't u feel my breath on the back of ur neck?maybe the cold steel on ur throat gives u a clue

Post by Malekith's psychologist »

With the removal of Black Guard we'd have to accept some slave races to tank for us but I suppose it's fitting enough

WHAT?!?! No BG?!? How come? not heard that one, and it's be a shame not to have a decent tank character in the game and spend most of the time with hit and run tactics...
DiscipleOfKhaine said:
Im not saying that makes them unworthy of a model, Im just saying...that Malekith is the greatest elven king in the history of the world and I will never concede otherwise.
Odium
Trainee Warrior

Post by Odium »

A D.net guild would be great.

Yes, it sucks that there aren't the main capitol cities in, but that shouldn't stop you from playing the game. Would you buy the game just to walk around the cities all day? Of course not! The game is about WAR! I think once we all get in there people won't care too much about the missing cities and missing classes. We will be far to busy bashing heads and taking lands.

Let's face it, this game needs support from the core tabletop players. This game (so Games Workshop hopes) will bring people who have never heard of warhammer to start playing tabletop warhammer. I really hope that happens and the more we support the game and Games Workshop the more these new people will flock to the game and TT warhammer.

If you are on the fence, go preorder the game and you can play in open beta on Sep 7th. You can cancel your preorder if you really don't like it or if it won't play on your computer. I believe if you preorder the game through amazon it is free so you don't even have to put any money down (better check, I'm not 100% sure here).

All in all, this is the biggest push Games Workshop has made to bring it's products to people who would never have seen it and I believe we all should at least buy the game at launch and give it a chance. The more people who play at launch the better chance the game has of making a huge impact. The bigger impact the game has the more it is noticed and more people will flock to it. They can always add new stuff like cities, classes, and other content later on. Dark Age of Camelot had about 4 expansions and there is no doubt that Mythic would love for this game to do great so they can keep making stuff.

As far as the monthly fee, I believe it will be in around 14.99/month since this is the standard for most mmos. This is about the cost of going to 1 movie a month. It is only $0.50 a day.

http://www.warhammeronline.com/

Make sure you check it out if you haven't and watch some movies.
"Never interrupt your enemy while he is making a mistake."
-Napolean Bonaparte-
Valeron the forgotten
Warrior

Post by Valeron the forgotten »

I don't think i will be buying the game straight away but if we start a guild i will probably have an orc as my main character so i'll tank if you want :P!

Also for the whole guild thing have people thought what kind of server you would be making the guild on??[/quote]
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

Obviously Core RP server
Open servers will be a mess with chicken mechanic
Non RP servers will be full of lolkidz
So even if you don't RP but can respect other people doing it, then RP servers are the place to go.
7th edition army book:

Kefka
Malekith's Best Friend
Location: That's for you to know and me to find out! Do I get a hint?

Post by Kefka »

I'd love an RP server if we guilded in one, and having a "slave race" for a couple tanks shouldn't be a problem if we really need a tank.

Sadly, I may be on the side of order as well (or I'll run two characters). My girlfriend is getting the game and wants to play with me, but she wants to have a character on the order side, which means I have to as well... which sucks because I like pretty much all of the destruction classes and none of the order ones.

I also don't know what she would think of me playing as a witch elf :P

Fiat Obsidian - WS5 / S5 / T4 / D5 / I4
Equipment: Halberd, Zukhil Shield, Bastard Sword, Heavy Armour, Seadragon Cloak, Helmet of Slaanesh, Blackthorn Dagger
Mount: Locke (dark steed)
Gold: 488
Skills: Supernatural Awareness, Defensive Fighting, Intimidate, Drukh Kaganth (1)
Class: Warrior
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

I'll be playing mainly order as well <.< due to my old Lineage 2 guild deciding to go order (can't help guild leader playing High Elves in TT... dammit)
But I'll definitely keep Druchii character for counterbalance ;)

Remember though that you can't have order and destruction characters on the same server.
7th edition army book:

Zardock
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Zardock »

I really do not want order to be my main so i will definately be switching between my Order side ( which is all mates from my Wc3 guild) and then to the rp server with all you D.net chaps. Though is US server accesible to all people, because i won't be able to access euro servers being in Oceania... =(

Zardock (Group 27)

Rangeltoft
Noble

Post by Rangeltoft »

anyone with closed beta account that have had some troubles playng these last few days? I only ask because every time I try to logg on, it says that it cant find any servers, anyone else with this problem?
Crawd
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Crawd »

Rangeltoft wrote:anyone with closed beta account that have had some troubles playng these last few days? I only ask because every time I try to logg on, it says that it cant find any servers, anyone else with this problem?

They are closed until the open beta, which starts the September 7th.
And the server wrote:Internal Server Error
Sular
Trainee Warrior

Post by Sular »

I'm so excited about this game. As for the unbalance between order and destruction, I'm of the opinion that it won't be unbalanced for long. Just look at WOW. Everyone goes for the pretty goody goody races. Ok Chaos is cool but I doubt that Mythic are really aiming their current advertising at tabletop players.

I would be really up for a guild if one gets together... I'll be playing a sorceress, again continuing my tradition of playing lady magic users.
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

There are no servers open till 7th when Open Beta starts

Oceania, Europe and Northern America have their own dedicated servers, to play on which you need the correct client.
There is no IP ban (I already played on NA servers from Europe)

@Zardock
I believe Oceania and NA are using the same server base, which means they use the same client so it shouldn't be a problem for you.
7th edition army book:

Hulkster
Beastmaster

Post by Hulkster »

yeah I want to join as well

though I cant decide between DoK and WE
I love you
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

They are very different classes :P
the only similarity is they both can dual-wield.
Witch Elf once she gets in combat with anyone, she can't be shaken off, it's kill or be killed, no running away from witches (and it's mostly be killed too)
Disciple on the other hand has more tankish approach, half their attacks also heal, the other half of their attacks also debuff the target, so they can be quite tough nuts to crack.
So basically:
big damage, no survivability - Witch Elf
moderate damage (no class deals low damage :P), high survivability - DoK
OMG HUGE damage, wearing paper - Sorceress.
7th edition army book:

Zardock
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Zardock »

@ Dalamar it is unlike WoW my friend, Mythic have actually done us down south people a solid and we have our servers based in Aus, which means no lag for me. Anyway if i can access a US server when the gme is released then D.net guild should be made there.

Perhaps we will have to create serveral guild spread over the regions with a central command here on the Forums.

Zardock (Group 27)

Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

I can only say from what I saw in beta, and in US beta there were few servers marked (Oceanic)
Maybe they will be split for retail, I don't know that.

As for lag, I have better performance on US servers than EU servers. distance has nothing to do with connectivity.
7th edition army book: