Logo
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 
Beastmaster

Shop around you can usually get it cheaper if you do. I tend to get all my games from Morrisons they seem really cheap.

Got both ODST and Fifa 10 for £25.

Paid ful price for COD as couldnt be bothred to wait lol but Iv really enjoyed the solo game and havent even got to OPs yet (Damn Dragon Age)

Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:55 pm
Brolock
Brolock

5 hours was what it took me on Regular, working through it on Veteran is much slower. Also, you have a lot of the Spec Ops missions, which are separate from the game play. It takes a long time to work through them.

FAQ

Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:09 pm
Profile WWW
Hard, but Fair

Actually, I don't think I'll be getting it at all unless some major changes are made to the game. I played it at a friend, multiplayer is utter bollocks, everyone camps due to care packages and the Steyr AUG is retardedly overpowered.

Painted in 2013: 500
Painted in 2014: 600
Painted in 2015: 854

Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:03 pm
Profile WWW
Dark Rider

M4 2500 kills on first prestige! Now I'm just trying to get my first nuke!

Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:15 pm
Angel of Darkness

Crap Multiplayer.

Steyr Aug with Stopping Power can 2 shot anyone over any distance.

Knifing has become a cheap tactic instead of a last resort.

More "n00b tubing" since they tied an unlockable to it.

All assault rifles have little to no recoil.

Chopper Gunner and AC-130 rewards players with spawn camping.

IW's solution to hackers is for YOU to leave the game.

Horrible ping. I usually get around 40-50 in any other game. They base me ping off at 3 bars (100-150 ping)

Almost the worst $100 ever spent.

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Inventory: Amulet of Darkness, Poison Vials x7, Deadly Poison Vials x8
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 163
Skills: Ambidexterity, Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting, Ride
Class: Khainite

Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:37 am
Hard, but Fair

So, since I've recently acquired heaps of cash I bought the game. Finished the campaign, lots of loose ends. What happens to Rojas? What happens to Makarov? Why does Price approve of the missile launch? Etc. etc.

Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:31 pm
Profile WWW
Modest Member

The game is one huge pile of loose ends. Best not to think of it, and enjoy the rush during the game instead.

Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:16 pm
Hard, but Fair

Also... Multiplayer is fun, but flawed. The biggest thing I miss is big servers, I used to love playing on servers with up to 50 people playing, and with the generally bigger maps in MW2 I wonder why (cash, of course).

Some weapons are still retardedly overpowered: the AUG, the Spas-12 and akimbo G18s most blatantly. There's always a fool running around with these. And, of course, the idiots running around with a pistol + tactical knife, marathon pro, lightweight pro and commando pro, never firing a shot and exploiting the uber easy knifing.

And well... chopper gunner killstreak rewards. Seriously.

But apart from that, I'm doing fine. I usually play Ground War solely for the big servers, though I might move on to Hardcore once I know the maps inside out. SMGs are a bit underpowered outside of HC, especially with a silencer and without stopping power (I like to go ninja with SMGs), so I tend to use assault rifles more. Scar-H all the way, very manageable recoil, great damage. I used the TAR-21 for a while, but didn't like the recoil, now trying the ACR a bit.

Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:11 pm
Profile WWW
Modest Member

And, of course, the idiots running around with a pistol + tactical knife, marathon pro, lightweight pro and commando pro, never firing a shot and exploiting the uber easy knifing.

I'm going to object to that one, mainly because I used it myself, when I still played.

It's not "über-easy". It's utilizing a melee weapon in a game where ranged weapons can take you in about two or three bullets. It actually takes quite some skill to do it properly.

Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:23 pm
Malekith's Best Friend

Gnosis wrote:
And, of course, the idiots running around with a pistol + tactical knife, marathon pro, lightweight pro and commando pro, never firing a shot and exploiting the uber easy knifing.

I'm going to object to that one, mainly because I used it myself, when I still played.

It's not "über-easy". It's utilizing a melee weapon in a game where ranged weapons can take you in about two or three bullets. It actually takes quite some skill to do it properly.

It can be highly annoying unless you're quick enough to get several shots in or good enough to get a headshot. Fair play to anyone who can carry it out though.

Don't play it that much online at the moment but feel free to add me if you want - gamertag is same as username.

Bring on the dancing squirrels!

Consolecommunity.com - For all your gaming chat and meet-ups

Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:03 pm
Brolock
Brolock

I got stuck on Veteran and was never able to finish it. After downloading the data from the Safehouse, you have to run down the hill and get to the Chopper to complete the mission. I am currently stuck at a checkpoint in the middle of the hill. Normally, I can go 10 steps before I get shot. Once or twice I actually got to see the chopper.

FAQ

Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:01 pm
Profile WWW
Modest Member

Yeah, that part can be a right biatch on Veteran.

Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:38 pm
Hard, but Fair

I got stuck on Veteran and was never able to finish it. After downloading the data from the Safehouse, you have to run down the hill and get to the Chopper to complete the mission. I am currently stuck at a checkpoint in the middle of the hill. Normally, I can go 10 steps before I get shot. Once or twice I actually got to see the chopper.

Thermal sights are your friend here, though you might want to restart the entire mission since it sounds like you have a botched up checkpoint there. There's a WA2000 and F2000 with thermal scope hanging in the basement, I think.

Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:54 pm
Profile WWW
Malekith's Best Friend

Took me several attempts to get past that bit. I didn't bother shooting anyone really I just ran for the helicopter as fast as my little legs would take me.

Bring on the dancing squirrels!

Consolecommunity.com - For all your gaming chat and meet-ups

Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2