Left 4 Dead 2

Discuss console and computer games here, including GW Universe computer games.

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Belial
Modest Member

Left 4 Dead 2

Post by Belial »

Not much longer, and it'll be out. Anyone else looking forward to it?
Zardock
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Zardock »

I am, should be a very sweet game though I may need to upgrade the ol' laptop to be able to run it, so yet more money down the drain.

Don't meantion L4D2 on a forum where there are Aussies, it got banned there because their Govt. is run by very silly people who do not understand that video game violence isn't real. Also there is no R18 rating in Aus so it got banned straight up because "it contains material suitable for years 18+", anyone else see the hypocrosy in that?

Anyway, I will definately play it at least, though probably on Xbox 360 because that would require less money upgrading.
Join the Shrine of the Serpent today!
Brotherhood of the Coast!

Zardock (Group 27)
Class: Trainee of Khaine
WS:4 / S:5 / T:3 / D:4 / I:2
Equipment: Short sword and Dagger, 50g in a pouch.
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Uncontrollable Frenzy

The Keeper of the D.net Battle Records.
Linkinhearts666
Dark Rider

Post by Linkinhearts666 »

yes, as an Aussie and a gamer i was severly frustrated by this. In fact.... letsss start a riottt!
Ayxxia the Shade is hiding in the shadows and waiting to attack...

Best way to get rid of a treeman is wait until the owner has it on the table in front of him and then kick him very hard in the groin from behind. When he doubles up and smacks his face intoit, he should wreck the treeman and it will teach the little bastard not to run a treeman at 750

Its the Druchii way of gaming!
Belial
Modest Member

Post by Belial »

As i understood it, aussies can't even import the game legally. Is that right?
Linkinhearts666
Dark Rider

welll If its illegal prolly not. But i have managed to (just quietly) get a few things in through customs. If its wraped up it generally isnt checked ;D

Like I got 2 sharpened Katanas in ahahaha

Best way to get rid of a treeman is wait until the owner has it on the table in front of him and then kick him very hard in the groin from behind. When he doubles up and smacks his face intoit, he should wreck the treeman and it will teach the little bastard not to run a treeman at 750

Belial
Modest Member

Post by Belial »

Good luck :D
I'm very excited. The next few months are gonna be hard, deciding whether to play MW2 og L4D2 :p
Linkinhearts666
Dark Rider

THanks ^_^

personally, I find that how bloodthirsty i am determines the game haha

I think MW2 will prolly trump it tho... L4D2 IMHO will prolly be fer the sake of exclusiveness and wont give me any amazing game time. but thats just my prediction...

Belial
Modest Member

Post by Belial »

I've been playing the L4D2 demo, and there's some stuff I don't like.

The whole thing bein in daylight, for an example. I used to think it wouldn't be the issue, but I felt it ruined part of the atmosphere for me.
Zardock
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Zardock »

Belial wrote:I'm very excited. The next few months are gonna be hard, deciding whether to play MW2 or L4D2

I hear you brother! Though I'm gonna say that MW2 takes precedence over L4D2 especially if you say the mood is killed by the daylight thing... Some would be ok, I thought some of the levels would still take place at night time?

Zardock (Group 27)

Brokenstone
Cold One Knight

Post by Brokenstone »

Apparently for us aussies you can fix the censored release finally, so that is a bonus. Despite that i don't have it because getting a phone connection is about $300 initally, and i have already got some less gamer friendly wireless internet in place
Belial
Modest Member

Post by Belial »

Zardock wrote:
Belial wrote:I'm very excited. The next few months are gonna be hard, deciding whether to play MW2 or L4D2

I hear you brother! Though I'm gonna say that MW2 takes precedence over L4D2 especially if you say the mood is killed by the daylight thing... Some would be ok, I thought some of the levels would still take place at night time?

Some levels should be nighttime. The carnival one takes place in the night, IIRC. But the Demolevel, Parish, is daytime. And it sucks.
Zardock
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Zardock »

Belial wrote:Some levels should be nighttime. The carnival one takes place in the night, IIRC. But the Demolevel, Parish, is daytime. And it sucks.

This makes me a Sad Panda indeed. I'd say that most levels should take place aat night, with some day time missions to just mix it up. That'd keep the mood more zombie-ish and less 28 days later.

Zardock (Group 27)