Who's behind the D.R.A.I.C.H. captain?

Introduce yourself to the forum and tell us a little about your journey to the land of the Dark Elves...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Who's behind the D.R.A.I.C.H. captain?

Post by Calisson »

Rork wrote:Calling all new (or nearly new) users!

We now have a forum for you to introduce yourself to the community and tell us a little about yourself (and say 'hi' of course!).

A few of the moderators and admins have already introduced themselves, now it's your turn :).

http://www.druchii.net/viewforum.php?f=79
A few newcomers had my welcome in a reply to their first post.
Today it is for all of you, dear fellow D.netters, that I have the opportunity to say: Hi :D

Please call me Calisson, not Callison nor Carlisson.
Having spent 27 years in the French Navy, I experienced a lot of travel in the world (over 60 countries visited- yours probably included).
Sadly, I no longer embark.
Father of 4 children, 2 of them playing WH.
Started playing WHFB and DE in 2006. My other army is Empire.

I took the name Calisson when I first joined this website. It is my name as druchii general.
I keep that name for other forums (I registered in Warhammer-Empire (=> link to my Fluff 'n Fun Battle Log).; there is no other forum that I browse). mdp e0
All Frenchmen know that a calisson is a delicious sweet from Aix-en-Provence, southern France.
Here, the meaning is Son of Cali, Cali being the name in Ind of Hekarti, revered by my corsair army that settled there some time in the past.
I have here another account: calisson.druchii which reflects my newly created mail: calisson.druchii@gmail.com.

I'm known around here for being:
- the creator of the D.R.A.I.C.H. (top of the tactics forum, did you know?)
- a corsair (that's because of my signature - and it lasts since my 75th post!)
- French (and even worse than merely being born French: I'm proud of being French!)
- friendly (or so I hope to have been perceived - did anyone noticed?).
- I also like to boast :twisted: to be the most modest person :oops: in D.net.
Belial, Modest Mod, wrote:I am sure it is just modesty on Calisson's part.
I take pride into maintaining my posts to the best quality I can achieve, this is why I total many, many more "edits" than "posts".
I like to introduce some humour and poetry when possible, it makes life so much worth living! Example: Syjahel's List or You know you play too much warhammer when... or New Dark Elf book illustrated
Oh, well, yes, some people probably spotted me already for making posts that are way too long and complex for what is needed (and this one is another example :oops: ).
That is also my excuse for posting: it makes me practicing some English. Will my English improve?

Why did I start the D.R.A.I.C.H.?
Back in the time of the previous edition of our army book, the DE had become quite difficult to win with. In that time, I discovered a wealth of information in Druchii.net. Not enough for me to win, but at least to understand better the mechanics of the game and mitigate my losses...
When we received our new army book, I wanted to accelerate the time required to get a grab on he new army. Everything had to be re-thought, re-written.
It applied the principle: If you cannot find an information, create it!
I just set a scheme for all future articles to be arranged in, and incited D.netters to write.
The result is much better than nothing, even if it has not reached completely the goal.
The effort made for the D.R.A.I.C.H. received an ackowledgement of appreciation, on Monday, November 23rd, 2009, when I was appointed moderator to the Tactics forum.

Now, if we're all of us here, it's because we like to play Warhammer, isn't it?
Let's present my army, which has some corsairs (needless to say) although they are not dominant.
I have pretty much some models of every kind of unit in small numbers, except that I don't have any Khainite (or so few of them: I've got some assassins and a CoB) and I have no Manticore either (too Khainish, maybe?).
My models are a sometimes a little bit customized, all are painted but to a bare tabletop quality, nothing to be overwhelmingly proud of, for most of it.

I've mentioned some more in:
Who we are (Introduction thread). Also some in Your first post on d.net
My army is listed there => Total models you own
and here lies the philosophy behind the army => Getting to know your army and general (new version)
My style of army: Calisson's analysed approach to a balanced corsair army
with a themed COB: Calisson's COB
and a battle report: Murphy was the umpire. 2k vs. Bretonnians (very long report)

These are my achievements in D.net => 1 year already! It’s Calisson’s birthday
And here are some threads that I enjoyed for the fluff: The Druchii are based on Colonial American Slavers? (and what are other races based on?)
Where are the Werewolves? (and all kind of monsters) and also Druchii sayings! There should be more!
Also, see my :lol: designs: Squiddy Smileys (the Squid's attitude) & Squiddy Druchii
After a couple of years, I tried roleplaying. Soon, I created The Magic Reality Show.
A try for fluffy lists is here: wacky crazy themed armies
Some drawings can be found here New Dark Elf book illustratedand there Drawing: beware the hydra and other military sayings

Why did I proudly remain a corsair after my 100th post? see: names are changing and the result What does everyone here actually do? and, finally, the explanationnames are changing

Oh, and also, have a look to my collection of fluffy signatures, click in this => hyperlink to "Brotherhood of the Coast!"
Everytime I see a cool signature, it makes me happy :D

.........|\~............I wanted gold,
...\~...|.\..............I've got Adventure!
...|\.../...\.............I sought glory,
.r/_\ /___\ç..........I've found a Brotherhood!
..\=====.........I needed a destiny,
~~~~~~~~~......I've become a CORSAIR!

Edit:
this is my personal reserve of useful threads (for me!) not stickied within the D.R.A.I.C.H..
wet palette idea
online battle reporter
The Hoodling Hole
RULE RUMOURS COMPENDIUM
how to post links/pics
photobucket (mdp e)
Whats the program some people use to make batrep diagrams?
to make battle reports
Warhammer-Forum: Calisson mdp é
Mainly Sexist jokes
Just discovered Comorragh
History of WH: WH à travers les âges
The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}