Not so new but still going on

Introduce yourself to the forum and tell us a little about your journey to the land of the Dark Elves...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Cathel
Noble

Not so new but still going on

Post by Cathel »

Hello,

joined here a good four and a half years ago. I really am thankfull for this site since it helped me very much even before Druchii became so popular.

I started collecting warhammer in the 90's, (still have some minis and books from back then) Dark Elves and Wood Elves.
Over the years I did not play very much due to a lack of opponents. I came back during 5th edition and been into it since.
The last year had a nice mighty kingdom campaign and at the moment are mainly battling the HE of a friend and my wifes Skaven.

In real life I am a programmer, have a wife (playing warhammer, too) and a two year old daughter (calling my coldones dragons or dinosaurs).
Will be having a son in december.
Currently I am trying to motivate myself to painting my army...
If they were not sitting on our land, I would not spend a single bolt on the Asur.
How to tell apart the elves:
Men run naked - Asrai
Women run naked - Druchii
Don't know whether man or woman - Asur
Pops71408
Shade

Post by Pops71408 »

I must say you are very lucky to have a wife who plays. I've been trying to get my soon-to-be fiance to play but she won't because she feels like she doesn't have time because of our daughter :(
Cathel
Noble

Post by Cathel »

Not only does my wife play, my daughter already shows interest. We had a game in the evening, she woke up and was all exciteed when she saw the game.

Can somebody recommend a beginners army? ;)
If they were not sitting on our land, I would not spend a single bolt on the Asur.
How to tell apart the elves:
Men run naked - Asrai
Women run naked - Druchii
Don't know whether man or woman - Asur
Gh9st
Shade

Post by Gh9st »

Well, I just got my gf to start playing...she chose Bretonnians, the bright colours and the idea of just smashing into things appealed to her a lot.
She's not yet had a chance to play/destroy me with them yet, but they seem they could be good for a beginner...?
Gnosis
Hard, but Fair

Post by Gnosis »

Congratulations with your family and their Warhammer interests, man. As far as starter armies go, Ogres seem a good choice. Big, sturdy models, so they're ideal for your daughter ;)
Count them:

Painted in 2013: 500
Painted in 2014: 600
Painted in 2015: 854
Pops71408
Shade

Post by Pops71408 »

I actually find ogres a little difficult. I think Lizardmen are the easiest to start. They don't really have a weakness besides being slow....You have no idea how jealous I am of you