A rather long introduction

Introduce yourself to the forum and tell us a little about your journey to the land of the Dark Elves...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Ryanundead
Trainee Warrior

A rather long introduction

Post by Ryanundead »

I've been lurking for about a week, so I thought I'd introduce myself to the community. I'm 21 and live in the brierley hill area.

I played briefly around 9 years back but only 500 point games with Orcs. I wanted to start playing warhammer again for quite some time, now I'm finally getting started and I can't wait to play.

I've wrote out my 1000 point army list and by next week I should have it ready to start painting. Anyway I'm starting to ramble now so I'll be off =].

One last thing, how do I go about finding my first games? And do people usually mind if I use my army unpainted aslong as I paint it over a few weeks? I'd hopefully like to play around 2 games a week if possible.
Mr. anderson
Dark Illusionist

Post by Mr. anderson »

Welcome to the dark side mate ;) It's good to be bad... real bad. Baddies are more fun.

I've wrote out my 1000 point army list and by next week I should have it ready to start painting. Anyway I'm starting to ramble now so I'll be off

If I were you, I'd start with 500 points first to get a feel for the army. I've just started an empire army, and although I was tempted to buy the whole 2k at once I decided to paint a little and play a little with only 500 points before that. I still have no idea what my 2k army will look like eventually and I've spent a lot of time writing lists. I liked none of them, so I'm just keeping myself busy painting those 500 points and thinking.

One last thing, how do I go about finding my first games? And do people usually mind if I use my army unpainted aslong as I paint it over a few weeks?

Unpainted is no problem at all where I live (GW stores sometimes are a little uptight with it - some only let you play unpainted in the battle bunkers, but their attitude has loosened up a fair bit by now. Most won't have a problem). Most players prefer to play against a painted army (and with a painted army) but if you're new, any decent chap will let you play unpainted until you get some painting done, as long as its not plainly obvious that you make no effort whatsoever to paint (like rocking up week after week with one basecoated spearman in your army and everything else still grey).

HUZZAH!
When I think of something witty, I shall put it here.