Decadence ... with elegance

Introduce yourself to the forum and tell us a little about your journey to the land of the Dark Elves...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Syjahel
Malekith's Best Friend

Decadence ... with elegance

Post by Syjahel »

A short story as to why I'm here.

I started to collect and paint Warhammer models. The first Warhammer I ever played (and first rules dispute!) was with Dark Elves. I remember the morning the first DE Codex arrived from Games Workshop mail order; I sat down and read it all. I bought a DE army box set, for what was then only half a Drachau's ransom.

Then things happened that were not nearly as interesting, except perhaps in the Chinese proverb sense.

Fast-forward an unconscionable number of years, and I have time on my hands. I try the Malus Darkblade books. I devour the first and scour my home town for more. I find my old DE army. I read Malekith. I need more Druchii in my life. I come here.

Sitting in front of my computer monitor are four Black Guard, three crossbowmen, Prince Yriel and a Death Jester, in varying states of painted. I suspect this says far too much about my state of mind.

I write too much; honestly, I try to make it short. Just doesn't work.

I love the Druchii background. So much to get one's teeth into ... so many stories that could be told ... I write and draw, though seldom show either. I'd like to try the RP forum here, but I'm a bit intimidated to, to be honest. :oops: Still working on a character.

There are a lot of good things here - evil thi- good th- you know what I mean. Nice to be here. :)
RIP Group 28
~ We Never Slept ~
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Re: Decadence ... with elegance

Post by Calisson »

Syjahel wrote:I write too much; honestly, I try to make it short. Just doesn't work.
Don't worry, it's nothing to be ashamed of! ;)
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}