Greetings

Introduce yourself to the forum and tell us a little about your journey to the land of the Dark Elves...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Blackstar
Slave (off the Altar)

Greetings

Post by Blackstar »

Hello all. I am new player to Warhammer fantasy. Long time player of many other RPG games and a few MMORPG's.

I am in the process of moving to a new town and had to find a game shop to purchase miniature paint for D&D. They sold the paint I like which is Citidel from Games workshop but I had never played their games, only used the paints.

Well the gameshop had tables set up for Warhammer and couple guys were playing fantasy, (I thought that Warhammer was only WH40k) and thought I would take a look.

Well I was hooked, I love miniatures and thought the combat with infantries, Shooters of many types, magic users and mighty heros with magic items was awesome.

The owner of the store had several armies in a glass fronted cabinet all pro painted and they looked great so I started researching which army I was going to play.

I spent close to a month researching the different armies and narrowed it down to about five and then attended an actual gamesday workshop.

The Druchii were it as soon as I played them. It was a casual army with Spearmen, Black Ark Corsairs Reaper bolt thrower, a Sorceress, Assassin and Crossbowman oh yeah the Dark Riders.

I think everyone has a natural strategy for games like these and the Druchii was the best fit and I like the lore.

My very first game was with them and I faced off against a Brettionian army with another new player that was attending the workshop.

I ended up winning my first matchup and knew I had to select Druchii as my army.

I am in the process of painting and assembling my new army. I look forward to dialogue and learning from the experienced players here.

Thanks for having me,

Blackstar
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Welcome, Blackstar, in D.net! :)

Many more models to buy, paint and play with than when playing D&D!
Roleplaying is not totally absent. It's another dimension, with moving several units together rather than a single model.
The loss is that there is no progression of your favourite character, unlike roleplaying games.
Instead, there is an Army list progression (and when you're happy with your selection, you move to another army).

Have fun!
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Crazyhorse
Highborn

Post by Crazyhorse »

Welcome to the true race. I have yet to play with the new rules due to life but I still love my dark elves. Take it slow or you will overflow yourself with too much to paint. Overall enjoy the true elves, may you have a fleet raiding our false brethren soon.

-crazyhorse
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted then used against you.
Mr. anderson
Dark Illusionist

Post by Mr. anderson »

Welcome To The Dark Side. Being evil is so much more fun.

Your story kind of reminds me of how I got into dark elves. I went to the store and wanted "The warriors with the big swords". The shop owner told me that warriors could only have spears, but I was absolutely in love (or as much as you can be with an inamiate oject - there are more lovable things - or rather people, in fact one specific person) with the executioners and I've fielded them ever since.

Thanks for having me

Trust me it's not us that are having you, its our cold ones that are having you. For dinner. Thats what happens to slaves on the altar round these places ;)

HUZZAH!
When I think of something witty, I shall put it here.