Hi from "Down Under" new to DE

Introduce yourself to the forum and tell us a little about your journey to the land of the Dark Elves...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Mithrilforge
Trainee Warrior

Hi from "Down Under" new to DE

Post by Mithrilforge »

G'day all,
new here,so im being polite and saying hi!
To start i have only recently started playing Fantasy(been playing 40k for many many years)so this is my first foray into fantasy and im not quite sure why i haven't started sooner?.
My group of gaming friends(who all play fantasy ;) )have just started a long term,well detailed and fun looking campaign of which i have joined in on...

And that is why im here joining the ranks of the Druchii!!.
I have borrowed a well rounded jack of all trades Dark Elves army(easy for a newb like me to play with)from one of my mates and im planning on replacing his units with ones i put together and paint each month we play,so by the end of the campaign i should have a 2250pts Dark Elves army of my own :D
so i plan to scour through this great site in search of painting inspiration,army building ideas,tactics and good old sage advice.

cheers, Mithril
Malekithau
Silver Khaine Winner

Post by Malekithau »

welcome mate - I'm in Oz as well - newcastle. There may be some of my old WHFB sparring partners in your group. Anyway I've been a member here for forever just haven't played GW games for over 4 years. Considering rebuilding my Druchii force but I see that a lot of tournaments have taken compostion a bit far so maybe not.

Anyway - lots of knowledgeable guys on here.

Rork edit: Tut tut, no textspeak please.
" If I wanted to roll a million dice I'd play Yahtzee!"
Dark Alliance
Morathi's Favoured
Morathi's Favoured

Post by Dark Alliance »

Welcome back to the big 'M'!
Hainzy
Dark Rider

Post by Hainzy »

Hey mate and welcome to D.Net!

I'm in Geelong mate and we have quite a few players down here as well as travelling to Diamond Creek for some games with some other lads too.

If you're keen for a change of scenery and some new opponents to play against swing us a PM and well tee up some games!!

Hope you find all that you need to crush all that stand before you!!

Cheers!
H :twisted:
You can take your vamp lord on zombie dragon, 48 graveguard, blackcoach, 3 wraiths, 2 units of dogs and your 3 units of 10 piddly zombies and shove them up your f&$%ing a$$.....

Worst game of warhammer I've ever played.....

"3/4 of games are won by deathstars. Copy this into your signature if you still use real tactics to win"
Demetrius
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Demetrius »

Welcome mate XD

Not sure where in Melbourne you are, but if you get a chance, come down to Outpost Gaming Club, we meet in Beaconsfield once a month, and we do a WHFB at some stage I think its in October... but yea more details www.outpostgamingclub.org.
Mithrilforge
Trainee Warrior

Post by Mithrilforge »

Thanx for the warm welcome guys :D
When i get my army up and running (and some decent games under my belt)i would like to take you guys up on your gaming offers.

thanks, Mithril