Greetings

Introduce yourself to the forum and tell us a little about your journey to the land of the Dark Elves...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Rowena
Highborn

Greetings

Post by Rowena »

*looks around nervously*

I'm not really a Warhammer person and not really a druchii... yet, I may add. Maybe. So I don't really know what to say not to call the wrath of the Dark Elves on my head.

I was introduced to miniature painting about a year ago in a Games Workshop store in Edinburgh (while being there on a summer school, me being from the Czech Republic) and have been painting wood elves ever since. Painting, for I never intended to play the game. I like those tiny figures and all the details on them, but I'm not a tactician.

Then... something happened and during one discussion with my boyfriend a plan emerged. He had been interested in Warhammer long time ago (or just looking at it, I don't know if interested isn't too strong a word) and we decided to try a project together. We would create the story and choose the models together, I would paint and - if we manage to make an army - he would play it.
Perfect for me, perfect - I hope - for him.
With Dark Elves being the chosen army, but I guess that part is obvious by now.

And this is where I'm now. Looking around, trying to get myself familiar with the range, while he studies the rules. No figures yet, but I have ordered some and look forward to receicing them.

Also, we will probably come up with our own fluff for most part and the army - if I can call it so - will be converted beyond recognition. That's also something I look forward to.
If all goes right and we manage to pull it off, that is.
My painting blog

Even without Games Workshop, we will endure. Armies of the Unsupported Age, the models are out there.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Hi, Rowena, welcome to D.net! :)

Fascinating story of yours, thanks for sharing. :P
It seems that Painting and Modelling forum is for you, and tactics forum for you boyfriend.
You may find out that getting a model painted to perfection is as difficult as winning a battle, especially for a rookie playing a fluffy but underoptimized army.
But that's rewarding, and with patience and tenacity, both of you will make steady progresses.

The best of all is that you share a passion, that's something that will raise the envy of most D.netters.
Including those wealthy enough to hire an assassin... :twisted:
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
xFallenx
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by xFallenx »

Welcome Rowena. I wish the bride enjoyed painting and converting, would totally make the hobby less tedious so I can concentrate on my favorite part. Your bf is a lucky guy.
Oct 2013-Current: 3-2-0
Nightcall
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Nightcall »

Welcome to D.Net, Rowena! Great to see another girl hobbyist register! I used to paint/play when I was 12, then lost interest as none of my friends were into it. Then met the OH who worked at GW at the time, and got me back into things. I love painting, am rubbish at conversions, and terrible at tactics. But really enjoy the game and the fluff. Hope you enjoy it here :)
Casaythe Blackstorm - Warrior (Corsair) - Group 22
Skills: Awareness, Endurance
Equipment: Short Sword, Glaive, Medium Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Repeater Crossbow, clip of bolts [11/20], 405 gold, Talisman of Darkness, Tool Kit, 2 months' rations
Stats: WS4, S4, T5, D3, I4

Mod, Group 38
Rowena
Highborn

Post by Rowena »

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome. :)
My painting blog

Even without Games Workshop, we will endure. Armies of the Unsupported Age, the models are out there.
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

That's some fine painting skills from what I've seen on your blog. I look forward to seeing more dark elves painted to such a standard.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze