Lovely introduction of the (semi-) newbie

Introduce yourself to the forum and tell us a little about your journey to the land of the Dark Elves...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Maggotcarrier
Slave on the Altar

Lovely introduction of the (semi-) newbie

Post by Maggotcarrier »

Hi iam 26 and from germany,

the first time i was introduced to dark elves was the drow in d&d videogames and i always thought they were cool and they were the typical dark elves for me for many years.

then i somehow got introduced to warhammer, never bought anything of it just read all the armybooks over and over i borrowed from some guy who strangely bought all of them which i first thought is a requirement ^^ (seemed massively overpriced for me aswell) well i was confused warhammer dark elves didnt have the black skin and white hair but i kind of liked them because how the models look and i love playing rogues in all kind of videogames and their appearances somehow remind me of them , cant really explain why. their mentality of dishing out lots of damage but die horribly if get hit might have contributed to that :)

so i basically never owned any single warhammer model (meaning no battle ever too) but iam not clueless because i read a lot on websites about various armies, the official page, and i could look at all armybooks of the latest edition because of that guy and always was interested in the gw stuff, hence the term semi newbie.

i might start buying some dark elves around christmas if some money is left, because for my birthday that guy from mentioned before gave me the latest dark elves army book (yays lots of money saved!). iam primarily interested in painting though, because my city isnt that big, so there is no real tabletop or trading cards scene here and i will have a serious lack of enemies.

because this page seems to be the only one where not everybody thinks they are total badass and have to teach you because your own ideas suck, i thought for a potential future dark elf player this page is the best place to be and i hope to get some intel on 30000000000 questions i have later about building an army (hopefully asked in the right section) :lol:

sincerely,
your maggotcarrier
Tyrannus deathbringer
Noble

Re: Lovely introduction of the (semi-) newbie

Post by Tyrannus deathbringer »

Maggotcarrier wrote: not everybody thinks they are total badass and have to teach you because your own ideas suck

Well, some of us think we are. ;)

Welcome to D.net and enjoy. Warhammer Dark Elves > Other Dark Elves > Other Elves > Other sentient beings is all you need to know :twisted:

Have fun :D
"All who surrender will be enslaved; whoever does not surrender but opposes with struggle and dissension, shall be annihilated."
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Thanks for the appreciation,
we'll try not to deceive you too quickly.
Welcome Maggotcarrier to D.net. :)
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Nightcall
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Nightcall »

Welcome! If you want to find out more about Warhammer's Dark Elves, I recommend you read the Malus Darkblade books. It'll give you a good idea on how... delightful... our favourite Warhammer race can be ;)
Casaythe Blackstorm - Warrior (Corsair) - Group 22
Skills: Awareness, Endurance
Equipment: Short Sword, Glaive, Medium Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Repeater Crossbow, clip of bolts [11/20], 405 gold, Talisman of Darkness, Tool Kit, 2 months' rations
Stats: WS4, S4, T5, D3, I4

Mod, Group 38
xFallenx
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by xFallenx »

Welcome to the site! There are a lot of amazing models for the DE range both with GW as well as other companies. As your focus is mainly leaning towards the hobby part of the game, I would suggest looking at as many ranges as you can and pick the models that most inspire you.
Oct 2013-Current: 3-2-0