Introduction jcvonpreussen

Introduce yourself to the forum and tell us a little about your journey to the land of the Dark Elves...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

jcvonpreussen
Slave on the Altar

Introduction jcvonpreussen

Post by jcvonpreussen »

Greetings,

It's been a while I have been reading through Druchii.net without introducing myself.

I live in France (this may explains the flaws in English) and I'm about to start a Druchii army. When I was a teenager I had started some whfb armies such as the Empire, the O&G, or the VCs, without ever completing any. I then started a Druchii army essentially started by some (old) CoK and executionners which models I loved. But whne you love you models too much, you tend not to paint them... Things were that most of my group played wh40k so I started playing IG for some years before simply quitting the lobby.

Time has passed. Now, I'm back from that long trip in the Waste of Chaos, and I once more am on the eve of starting a new collection. Of course, this time, it has to be the Druchii.

My biggest issue so far is I can't really figure out wether I should start by having a Celleborn (witch elves as core units) (from raging heroes) army or rather a core of DE lancers (the plastic ones from Gamezone).

All what I know so far, is that my first objective is reaching 1500 pts. I already have two War Hydras (GW, ofc), I could not even think of an army without them. I'm pretty sure about adding (tinking up) a blood cauldron. If i go for a Celleborn army, I fear my units will be very feeble against shooting, and won't (even with witch brew) win the fight for sure (apart from where Celleborn is). However, a full witch elves list is very excitting.
Going for a spear army (2 units of around 30 spearmen each) would add much more "wounds", "survavibility", and could actually benefit from rank bonus, maybe even get the steadfast in some case : the war hydras making the damage (being the hammer), the spearmen getting the dammage (being the anvil).
Blood cauldron would support with 5+ ward at distance, then to give killing blow to core units (spearmen or witch elves.)

I'm open to suggestions from all members, espeically as I terribly lack experience in whfb mechanics (I only make simulations on universal battles sometimes.)
Would you go for the spearmen or for the witch elves?

Oh, and by the way, going for the spearmen is much much more cheaper than going for the witch elves. It's part of my internal debate as well!

JC
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Re: Introduction jcvonpreussen

Post by Calisson »

Bienvenue jcvonpreussen sur D.net! :)

A WE-core army is said to be playable.
You just field many, many units of 5 WE, with a COB providing KB where appropriate.
Shhoting is not a real liability, the frienzied girls don't care and never panic, the only option is to kill them all to the last, which takes a disproportionate amount of shooting.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Dyvim tvar
Lord of the Dragon Caves
Lord of the Dragon Caves

Post by Dyvim tvar »

Welcome!

Instead of spearmen, you could take crossbowmen. I only take spearmen as a place to hide a sorceress.
Truly These are the End Times ...
jcvonpreussen
Slave on the Altar

Post by jcvonpreussen »

Merci!

Thx for you answers. I did read something about spamming WE units in such small numbers... It looks terribly funny, as well as risky!

Yes, the spearmen do seem to be the poor children of the Druchii.