Hi There!

Introduce yourself to the forum and tell us a little about your journey to the land of the Dark Elves...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Apotheosis
Slave on the Altar

Hi There!

Post by Apotheosis »

After a good five years away from the hobby I've decided to jump back in! The Dark Elves were my very first WHFB army, and while I got rid of my minis a long time ago they have always had a special place in my heart. To that end what better army to start with as I rediscover Warhammer? I hope to get a project log started soon as I begin my army (The painting and modeling has always been one of my favorite parts of the hobby, and God knows I could use pointers!), and to be a worthwhile addition to what looks to be a great community!
Saintofm
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: Hi There!

Post by Saintofm »

Good Morning.

Crossowmen tend to do well either tooled up with 16-24 minies in a couple of ranks (everyone shoots and fights in 2 ranks) with sheilds and comand or with several smaller units of 10 (2-3 of em) so you can more easily ensure panic.

Spearmen and Corsairs work well in hordes. Spearmen I find do well if they can get their bare minumum of 4 ranks of attacks with charecters (although dagger sorceress is tends to be in that one so I go much much bigger)

Hydras are best when pared with knights or other heavy hitters, although they can still tear through a number of units like wet paper towls. Their nemisis will always be flaming cannon balls/stone throwers/bolt throwers.

Knights at least 10, although I'm going to try for more.

Corsairs will need to be set up to get the most number of attacks at any given time, so that means a horde formation with sea serpent banner for the most part.

Death lore or Shadow on a supreme sorceress does wonders.

Lore of Fire always fun in it's own way agains thigh elves and those spamming ranks.

A tooled up, combat heavy lord on a pegasus tends to be most players best friend. I havn't tried that combo out, but it works for my supreme sorceress.

Out of the named characters, Lhokhire tends to be my favorite as he's a pirate and he's perfect for dealing with enemies that come in mass. A Self Respecting Lord of Chaos or Vampire Count will still break him like a twig, but against most horde formations he is king.
Who needs sanity? I have a Hydra
xFallenx
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by xFallenx »

Welcome to the site! Good to have you back in the ranks.
Oct 2013-Current: 3-2-0
Torakeen
Trainee Warrior

Post by Torakeen »

Welcome Apotheosis. It is a great community and I think you will be able to find a myriad of ideas from tactics to modeling on this site. This community has veteran tacticians as well as painting and modeling experts (just review the painting vlogs to see what I mean). Pleasure to have you aboard.